Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Dragonatrix posted:

It is one of the coolest parts of Part 1 by far, yeah.

It's really weird trying to go through Phantom Blood a second time though, I realised. First time was fine, and it was cool and it seemed like everyone was really underselling it. Second time, it just feels so... I don't know, slow and not as good? Battle Tendency is more than rewatchable/rereadable at least.

Weird, everytime I watch Phantom Blood, I like it more. The themes are so tight, it's such a perfectly told simple story I get sucked back in, and knowing all the events of JoJo all spiral out from here gives the personal struggle of Jonathan and Dio this extra significance. In some ways it's the simplest and humblest of the arcs, but that simplicity lends a certain power to what is the crux of the Joestar's fate.

Also Speedwagon.

alcharagia posted:

wait, oh man, is strength the entire ship

No joke, when I first saw the next episode trailer, I turned to my wife and immediately said "I bet the ship is a stand", and immediately she said "gently caress you, that's stupid. No way." She still think I cheated and read ahead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It is kind of an asspull, though, considering that Jotaro uses it to beat Dark Blue Moon and Strength and then it never comes up again.

At least the anime added a filler scene of Jotaro using it in a later fight.

I'm pretty sure him using it on Dark Blue Moon is also something they added.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Momomo posted:

I'm pretty sure him using it on Dark Blue Moon is also something they added.

No? That's how he finishes the fight in both versions.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

hoobajoo posted:

Also Speedwagon.

Bulma Briefs vs. Robert Edward Ojii-san Speedwagon, who wins in the battle of insanely rich support characters.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
My verdict: Speedwagon, because by proxy of being friends with the Joestars he has on call the power of Joseph's Line Prediction, which could easily destroy Vegeta, who is very loud about being the prince of all Saiyans and is Bulma's only Hamon-prepared weapon, so Joseph could predict Vegeta's line and then dunk him with a cool & rad trickery maneuver. Also, because Speedwagon's massive thighs could break Bulma in half, but that's only barely relevant.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
teen heartthrob jotaro kujo stealing the heart of this little girl whose name i still do not know

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
guys... guys come on connect the dots

polnareff is getting slasher'd in his room you dumbos

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

alcharagia posted:

teen heartthrob jotaro kujo stealing the heart of this little girl whose name i still do not know

She doesn't have a name in the manga, actually. The anime has her go by Anne, though.

alcharagia posted:

guys... guys come on connect the dots

polnareff is getting slasher'd in his room you dumbos

The Crusaders are very very VERY bad at sticking together or realizing when weird things are going down.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
oh, is kakyoin one of those evil-again good-again characters...

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
kakyoin's epic jotaro impression

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

She doesn't have a name in the manga, actually. The anime has her go by Anne, though.

I know the wiki and stuff has it as Anne, but when they first used her name in the anime I figured her name must be "Anh" or something considering where they meet her and where she says she's from.

Seems like more of a SE Asian name.

RaspberryCommie fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Dec 2, 2015

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
haha kakyoevil is pretty good

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
jotaro, are you gonna eat that cherry...

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
um

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
rerorerorerorerorero

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

alcharagia posted:

jotaro, are you gonna eat that cherry...

rero rero rero

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

alcharagia posted:

Bulma Briefs vs. Robert Edward Ojii-san Speedwagon, who wins in the battle of insanely rich support characters.
Yamcha is Part 1 Speedwagon, Bulma is Part 2 Speedwagon imo

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
gratz on learning the origin of the thread tag, alcharagia

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
yeah

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Rerorerorerorerorerorerorerorero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ-g0BdpbDM

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
DOOOO YOUUU, UNDERSTAAAAAAANDUUUU?!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
:lol: HE ACTUALLY loving DOES THAT

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

alcharagia posted:

the best joke in all of stardust crusaders is that jotaro isnt tipped off by rubber soul doing the weird tongue thing, but by him loving it up

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

alcharagia posted:

Jotaro's grimace at the end loving kills me

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I bet Rubber Soul spent all his time practicing the rero rero thing instead of how Kakyoin acts.

Or maybe Kakyoin was just that much of a tool with the flesh bud in.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Or maybe Kakyoin was just that much of a tool with the flesh bud in.

I think it's this. The flesh bud affected his personality much more than it did Polnareff's.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axkd5zH0bzU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Enourmo posted:

the best joke in all of stardust crusaders is that jotaro isnt tipped off by rubber soul doing the weird tongue thing, but by him loving it up

Also the random beating up people and eating bugs. These are apparently things Kakyoin does.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPtX8m6seeU

kakyoin is insanely loving epic...!!

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Jotaro's grimace at the end loving kills me
He's just fuckin jealous

Telltolin
Apr 4, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Also the random beating up people and eating bugs. These are apparently things Kakyoin does.

imo in stardust crusaders and quite often in the parts afterwards, the jojo squad tends to be comprised of assholes. assholes with hearts of gold, sometimes caring assholes who love their mommas, but still assholes + weirdos

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Telltolin posted:

imo in stardust crusaders and quite often in the parts afterwards, the jojo squad tends to be comprised of assholes. assholes with hearts of gold, sometimes caring assholes who love their mommas, but still assholes + weirdos

How dare you say that about Foo Fighters!? :mad:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbudefhX0LQ

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

(MP3 IN DESCRIPTION)

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Kakyoin is seriously very good and I'm glad he's here. He'd be my favorite character if Grandpa Jojo weren't present.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
The list goes Joseph, Kakyoin, Polnareff, Jotaro, Avdol, incidentally. Avdol is cool & good but he's the least amusingly awesome of the Shimmering Constable.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

alcharagia posted:

Kakyoin is seriously very good and I'm glad he's here.

I'm glad we've finally got some Good Opinions going on in this thread. It's about time, quite honestly.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Was... Was I saying the Bad Opinions before? Is Jotaro not actually a teen heartthrob?! :gonk:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

alcharagia posted:

Was... Was I saying the Bad Opinions before? Is Jotaro not actually a teen heartthrob?! :gonk:

No, he is. As you can see in this video where a japanese idol dresse sup as Jotaro to interview the author of the manga, well-known immortal vampire Araki Hirohito: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SPFbQq-jNg

(There might be spoilers in the video)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
What, he's only 55- that photo is from 2013?! :stare:

• Locked thread