Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST

Kevyn posted:

Period. I said period again.

Opie: I cant say period agian because it will drive some people insane. But anyway blah blah blah you guys should have done your own show and I blah blah since 18. Blah Blah peri...Oh.

Ester: ...exclamation point...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
lol Opie sounds like someone's needy girlfriend

SegwayPimp
Sep 13, 2015
Ant on his show is currently in the process of explaining, in an entertaining fashion per usual, just how delusional Gregg is...

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Ant's been killing Opie for drat near an hour now, this rules

SegwayPimp
Sep 13, 2015
Ant even made up with DeRosa hmmmmm

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
One of you fucks better be recording Anthony's response to all of this.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Judakel posted:

Holy poo poo is this drama boring as gently caress. Jimmy needs to find someone like Soder to do a podcast with and stay the hell away from Opie and Anthony. Idiotic, racist douchebag or boring dramaqueen is not much of a choice.

I'd imagine Jim likes making money, so podcasting really isn't an option as a full time job.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Norton won't leave the show until they fire him or the show ends itself. He needs the show to lift his own comedy career and the show probably pays him seven figures to basically work part time, be able to be off for his comedy appearances, and be done by 11am 4-5 days a week.

Anyone who would leave that gig is a loving moron, which Jimmy is not.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

I think having a radio show to lift his own career went away years ago. If anything it's probably been dragging him down.

edit: or his career is just not going anywhere because he's mid 40s already and not a 26 year old west coast comic

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecjrNFDOvxY

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

I wonder if the sudden new 60 posts were talking about this you dumbass

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Sankis posted:

I think having a radio show to lift his own career went away years ago. If anything it's probably been dragging him down.

edit: or his career is just not going anywhere because he's mid 40s already and not a 26 year old west coast comic

He'd be in rooms half the size, probably less, without the radio show. It completely helps his stand up career.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

O__O posted:

I wonder if the sudden new 60 posts were talking about this you dumbass
I went through and didn't see the audio you shitfuck, go gently caress yourself.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
It's loving hilarious how Opie was saying he always felt left out when Jim and Ant would riff, but he wouldn't use those exact terms. "NO, it's not that I felt left out, it's just the show I invented wasn't what it was." He's an absolute mental case.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

shyduck posted:

I went through and didn't see the audio you shitfuck, go gently caress yourself.

shitfuck is poo poo+gently caress and therefore twice as epic

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Hey, you guys stop fighting right now!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

O__O posted:

shitfuck is poo poo+gently caress and therefore twice as epic
I went with both because I couldn't decide :/

It's been a bad day personally, sorry

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

shyduck posted:

I went with both because I couldn't decide :/

It's been a bad day personally, sorry

I was just ribbing you pal

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

O__O posted:

I was just ribbing you pal
:respek:

Show chat: It's 15 minutes in and, to steal a phrase, I'm all in with Jimmy here. Opie just sounds like a worm. Everything's wishy washy and not Opie's fault while all signs point otherwise

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

So basically Ben got drunk at Ant's house and drunk texted Opie about 80 times the other weekend.

So instead of just ignoring it he went all nutso and got a restraining order.

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

therealjon_ posted:

So basically Ben got drunk at Ant's house and drunk texted Opie about 80 times the other weekend.

Well see, just blocking the number doesn't get you any attention.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm nearly an hour in. Opie sounds like a textbook sociopath.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

An Enormous Boner posted:

Why allude to something you have no intention of discussing?

So it couldn't be questioned and everyone will have to take him at his word that it was "really loving bad" and "dark poo poo."

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Opie's constant passive aggressive groaning at nobody in particular with no explanation, intentionally wrecking the mood, really pleases me for some reason

therealjon_ posted:

Lmao Opie can run a board but not press Block on his loving smartphone

onemillionzombies posted:

Well see, just blocking the number doesn't get you any attention.
Oh, right

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Who is Ben?

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Saw all the new posts, thought the Big Cat had finally gone off to the big Niagara Falls in the sky. Phew.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ben Sparks, old producer for the show who got fired during the "Stern Fan Walkover Incident" (youtube should have it). That whole thing is embarrassing to listen to and to be fair, Ben is/was a piece of poo poo so it's hard to side against the Opster on that one

PatrickBateman
Jul 26, 2007

bwahaha dude tom brady coke bwahahah

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Ben Sparks, old producer for the show who got fired during the "Stern Fan Walkover Incident" (youtube should have it). That whole thing is embarrassing to listen to and to be fair, Ben is/was a piece of poo poo so it's hard to side against the Opster on that one
I think we can agree that they both suck.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
One theory is that Opie found out this weekend that Anthony was behind the BizarroOpie twitter account. Danny Ross spilled the beans about that one on reddit last weekend. It wouldn't surprise me if that's what Opie said he found out about Ant a few days ago.

Edit: HAHAHAHA the BizarroOpie account is suspended. It was up literally yesterday. I guess that's one of the things Opie was alluding to.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Heres a catched version. Anthony was supposedly behind this, Opie found out last weekend, and flipped his poo poo.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:AErchBCW7FgJ:https://twitter.com/bizarroopie+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Chromatic posted:

Heres a catched version. Anthony was supposedly behind this, Opie found out last weekend, and flipped his poo poo.

[url]http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:AErchBCW7FgJ:https://twitter.com/bizarroopie+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us[/url]
Ant has actually denied that it's him, and Danny has said that he accepts being wrong about it, and just thought it was Ant. So that makes it even funnier.

Calcaneus
Sep 12, 2010
I spend more time defending Opie than I probably should, because even though he was the obvious weak link, I still loved the show and he was a part of that. And honestly the Opie hate is corny to me at this point. But gently caress, he really makes it hard, especially when he fights with Jimmy for some reason. Refusing to ever tell him what Ant supposedly did, suggesting Jimmy leave the show multiple times, accusing him of not defending him and being untrustworthy. Everyone is saying Jimmy destroyed Opie, and yeah he did as far as making points, but in those two hours Opie treated someone who has always been by his side like trash on a personal level.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
The best part of the exchange is

Op: If you're not happy, leave
Jim: I am, in October
Op: Why wait?
Jim: I'm not quitting my job, I want the money. You're my boss, fire me.
Op: Why would I do that?
Jim: Uggghhhhhhh......

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Calcaneus posted:

I spend more time defending Opie than I probably should, because even though he was the obvious weak link, I still loved the show and he was a part of that. And honestly the Opie hate is corny to me at this point. But gently caress, he really makes it hard, especially when he fights with Jimmy for some reason. Refusing to ever tell him what Ant supposedly did, suggesting Jimmy leave the show multiple times, accusing him of not defending him and being untrustworthy. Everyone is saying Jimmy destroyed Opie, and yeah he did as far as making points, but in those two hours Opie treated someone who has always been by his side like trash on a personal level.

Opie Hate might be corny, but he's certainly earning it, that's for sure.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

shyduck posted:

Leave it alone!
Leave it alone.
Leave it alone.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Calcaneus posted:

What's corny about it?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Ant has some new t-shirts for sale:

Calcaneus
Sep 12, 2010

An Enormous Boner posted:

What's corny about it?
I guess I should adjust it, the tits/bam/sloth jokes are what's tired as gently caress. I'll never get bored of new examples of Opie's stupidity and lack of self-awareness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

jyrka posted:

Ant has some new t-shirts for sale:

The Sloth Sanctuary :laugh:

• Locked thread