Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

punchymcpunch posted:

They'll do flashforwards, duh. Eventually we'll realise that everyone in the flashforwards died and is in purgatory.

Hey, we've already got a parallel Earth for the eventual flash-sidways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opazlevi
Nov 2, 2015

Dexo posted:

Legends of Tomorrow Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7LlmaFg0lw

All of the budgets went to this show lol.

Is it just me or did Caity Lotz just get substantially hotter? She was always average looking to me in Arrow but in that trailer, oh man was she gorgeous.

Meanwhile, Kaity Cassidy gets uglier every season.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's probably the 70s thing and the unhealthy Oedipal attraction you've had to your mother all these years.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
I think her acting has gotten a little bit better. Climbing up outta that uncanny valley and coming off as more similar to a real human will make someone more attractive.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

opazlevi posted:

Meanwhile, Kaity Cassidy gets uglier every season.

I'll cut you.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Rhyno posted:

I'll cut you.

:agreed:

XboxPants posted:

I think her acting has gotten a little bit better. Climbing up outta that uncanny valley and coming off as more similar to a real human will make someone more attractive.

See also: Katie Cassidy. The writing staff gives her something to do (besides be a raging alcoholic, which was one of the many reasons Season 2 was fabulous), she interacts with the rest of the cast in a more fun way, and suddenly less people compare her unflatteringly to a snack food that tastes of fake cheese and goondom. I detect a trend.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
I liked her a lot more when she was using her considerable legal talent to help Team Arrow. I think she was a lot more helpful then than she is now.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Warmachine posted:

See also: Katie Cassidy. The writing staff gives her something to do (besides be a raging alcoholic, which was one of the many reasons Season 2 was fabulous), she interacts with the rest of the cast in a more fun way, and suddenly less people compare her unflatteringly to a snack food that tastes of fake cheese and goondom. I detect a trend.

She also got off whatever crash diet she was on and put on some muscle instead so she looks more like a regular person and less like she could beat Particle Man.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

enraged_camel posted:

I liked her a lot more when she was using her considerable legal talent to help Team Arrow. I think she was a lot more helpful then than she is now.

So the beginning of season 3?

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
I have no dog in the dorito hunt. Katie Cassidy turned weird for a bit, now she is turning unweird. Probably over-zealous plastic surgery, mebbe superunlikelymad eating choices, whatever some mental went on. Any chance we can just plain like the show and where it is going?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

rejutka posted:

I have no dog in the dorito hunt. Katie Cassidy turned weird for a bit, now she is turning unweird. Probably over-zealous plastic surgery, mebbe superunlikelymad eating choices, whatever some mental went on. Any chance we can just plain like the show and where it is going?

Doritogate will never die. But yes. I was sad there was no Arrow for my thanksgiving viewing pleasure.

enraged_camel posted:

For some reason I never liked the criminal law stuff. I enjoyed CNRI in season 1, and thought that was a great nod to the source's leftist bent, and I'd be happy to see that come back, but I really don't care for DA/ADA Lance stuff. I'd like to see her get back to helping the little guy that way.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

rejutka posted:

Probably over-zealous plastic surgery, mebbe superunlikelymad eating choices, whatever some mental went on

She got super thin last season which I think is mostly why her face got so angular

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She played a junkie in some movie, not sure if that was related.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Warmachine posted:

For some reason I never liked the criminal law stuff. I enjoyed CNRI in season 1, and thought that was a great nod to the source's leftist bent, and I'd be happy to see that come back, but I really don't care for DA/ADA Lance stuff. I'd like to see her get back to helping the little guy that way.

Yeah, same here.

I think the reason CNRI stuff worked is because she brought something unique to the team. Felicity was good with computers, Laurel was good with legal stuff, and Ollie was good at shooting people dead.

Now though we have the entire cast, except Felicity, fighting on the field. Feels a bit bland in terms of team composition, despite each person having their own fighting style.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
What's all this talk about Katie Cassidy and Doritos? I don't follow. Also, I'm wondering if she's gonna show up tomorrow for Part 2 of the crossover, because her absence seemed kinda strange.

(And for the record, she is smoking hot.)

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Caper posted:

What's all this talk about Katie Cassidy and Doritos? I don't follow. Also, I'm wondering if she's gonna show up tomorrow for Part 2 of the crossover, because her absence seemed kinda strange.

(And for the record, she is smoking hot.)

Some goons were being all goony and saying her face looked like a dorito at one point

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I met Katie Cassidy at Dragon Con this year and she was super beautiful IRL. Goons don't know poo poo TBH

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Swillkitsch posted:

I met Katie Cassidy at Dragon Con this year and she was super beautiful IRL. Goons don't know poo poo TBH

I follow her on various social media, she's gorgeous, smart, funny and in such good shape she could probably snap any of us like a twig.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

hangedman1984 posted:

Some goons were being all goony and saying her face looked like a dorito at one point

Ah, internet males. She was insanely skinny in S2 though. But her character was hooked on pills so maybe she was like really dedicated to the role or something.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Caper posted:

Ah, internet males. She was insanely skinny in S2 though. But her character was hooked on pills so maybe she was like really dedicated to the role or something.

Character becomes a junkie, looks like a junkie, dorks complain she no longer looks like perfect fap material with retarded junk food memes. Indeed.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
All CW women are attractive. It's part of the contract.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If you want a laugh go read the Flash thread when people were talking poo poo about Ciara Renee's teeth. Goons are terrible.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Rhyno posted:

If you want a laugh go read the Flash thread when people were talking poo poo about Ciara Renee's teeth. Goons are terrible.

Well, she does have a generous set of choppers. She's not ugly by any stretch, but I would think twice about hand feeding her grapes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

flosofl posted:

Well, she does have a generous set of choppers. She's not ugly by any stretch, but I would think twice about hand feeding her grapes.

She's also gorgeous, you guys are weird.

Stayne Falls
Aug 11, 2007
Everything was beautiful
I really hope "Felicidad" doesn't catch on because he's not going to be an incredibly happy Hispanic guy and that'll be disappointing.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Stayne Falls posted:

I really hope "Felicidad" doesn't catch on because he's not going to be an incredibly happy Hispanic guy and that'll be disappointing.

Or.

"Hey! Listen! I'm your dad!"

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

Or.

"Hey! Listen! I'm your dad!"

This joke is next level

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rhyno posted:

She's also gorgeous, you guys are weird.

Well, she's no Shantel VanStaten

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Azhais posted:

Well, she's no Shantel VanStaten

Shantel is the most amazingly attractive person on any of the CW's shows and probably all of TV. Except for maybe Daniela Ruah.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Rhyno posted:

Speaking of teeth - i'm still pretty sure Caity Lotz's teeth are fake. Or at least some falsies up in the grill. Something about her lisp and how she holds her mouth closed gives me that "i've got fake dracula teeth in for halloween" vibe.

On the plus side it gives her a family resemblance to Detective DadCanary™

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Duke Chin posted:

Speaking of teeth - i'm still pretty sure Caity Lotz's teeth are fake. Or at least some falsies up in the grill. Something about her lisp and how she holds her mouth closed gives me that "i've got fake dracula teeth in for halloween" vibe.

On the plus side it gives her a family resemblance to Detective DadCanary™

Lots of actors wear veneers. Hell my mom wore them for 10 years because she was embarassed about her teeth.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Wait, veneers are something you wear? I thought you just had them put on and they stayed there forever?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

No Butt Stuff posted:

Wait, veneers are something you wear? I thought you just had them put on and they stayed there forever?

The bonding agent lasts anywhere from 10-30 years depending on the quality of the application and cement used.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

flosofl posted:

The bonding agent lasts anywhere from 10-30 years depending on the quality of the application and cement used.

Lots of people just wear them when they go out like my mother.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Lots of people just wear them when they go out like my mother.

Oh, ok. The Wikipedia article mentions "temporary veneers" as an alternative to actual dental veneers, but it's got a "citation needed". I believe you, and I think I know what you're talking about, I've just never heard of it called a veneer before.

The only ones I know of are the kind that involve bonding a very thin slices of composite or dental porcelain onto the teeth.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

At least one thing from the flash crossover yesterday is going to have long term plot repercussions Oliver has seen his son that he never knew about and it was pretty obvious he worked out it was his

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Colton Haynes went out on Twitter the other day and says he suffers from anxiety and has been hospitalized because of panic attacks before.

quote:

For those of you who are suffering with intense anxiety...ur not alone. It's been a constant struggle for me since 5th grade. It's a battle

Anxiety had put me in the hospital a countless amount of times. Whether it be fainting, hyperventilating, or seizures...I've been through it

Just know ur not alone & it affects more ppl than you would ever know. We can overcome this. We can fight thru it & will

I've quite jobs because of anxiety, flaked on social events, family gatherings, birthdays, important movie/work tests. Its a serious problem

Be there for those who struggle with anxiety & realize its a serious disorder. Its not a case of "being dramatic"...its a life long struggle

Love those suffering. Anxiety has caused me to be extremely agoraphobic & livin in constant fear of leavin my house at times. Ur not alone.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Party Plane Jones posted:

Colton Haynes went out on Twitter the other day and says he suffers from anxiety and has been hospitalized because of panic attacks before.

You might say he has a history of flipping out.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Whizbang posted:

You might say he has a history of flipping out.

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

His scenes didn't wind up lost in editing, they hid out of shyness.

• Locked thread