Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Dear santa, whoever you are, note that I'm probably going to sell my Mazda pickup soon because it's either that or rebuild the engine, so poo poo for a Mazda pickup probably isn't a good idea unless it's a whole new engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Pham Nuwen posted:

Dear santa, whoever you are, note that I'm probably going to sell my Mazda pickup soon because it's either that or rebuild the engine, so poo poo for a Mazda pickup probably isn't a good idea unless it's a whole new engine.

Makes me want to pull up my list to see if Ken has you :3:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Sockington posted:

Well I've got a spare British Motors 1275cc engine in the garage already... an inline-4 is an inline-4, right? Biggest problem is I'd probably still have to smog it as an '86 despite having a 70-something engine in it.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Sockington posted:

Hypothetically speaking, if I did, the southwest is real drat far from the northeast. :v:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

kastein posted:

Hypothetically speaking, if I did, the southwest is real drat far from the northeast. :v:

Yea but there is a possibility of rust free Justys out there and Im done with my seasonal work...

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Cage posted:

You were easy to shop for last year. :bigtran:
That hot sauce was awesome as was the BBQ sauce and various snacks.

Candy, hot sauce (not super hot) and bbq sauce are always welcome.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
My Santee has some stuff incoming that took simultaneously far more and far less thought than expected.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Oh yeah, for you early-shipping Santas, I'm not going to be at the address I gave (it's my parents' house, where I will be spending the holidays) for a couple weeks, so don't worry if you ship something and I don't post about it yet.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Gift on the way. No wrapping available from that seller, but put the username on the label so you'll know what it is.

Hope you enjoy it, ya seem pretty hands on.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Mine is going to be a joint Amazon gift order and some junk from around the house. So, don't be disappointed if you get one package with like one tiny thing in it.

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008
Dear Santee, I don't have platinum, so wasn't able to super creep you, but I got ideas.

Also what's the rules regarding pre-orders? Is it something that would be too hard to verify that I'm not deadbeat and I should find something else?
What I'm thinking of getting wouldn't ship until June, and I'd put to ship to my Santee's address directly. I would ship a christmas card with a few things in it and some sort of print out with the gift details (and probably dead bugs).

Thoughts anyone?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Are we talking a Kickstarter "preorder" where there is a real chance of it not actually coming through, or a real preorder where it is just a matter of time? I'd be a bit hesitant to call a Kickstarter pledge a good AISS gift, but I'm sure the community has more to say about that.

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008

IOwnCalculus posted:

Are we talking a Kickstarter "preorder" where there is a real chance of it not actually coming through, or a real preorder where it is just a matter of time? I'd be a bit hesitant to call a Kickstarter pledge a good AISS gift, but I'm sure the community has more to say about that.

It was kickstarted, and from what I understand all Kickstarter backers have received it, and now general public can pre-order but doesn't ship to them until summer. If you want I can email you specifics (don't wanna give it away as it's likely obvious).

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Christ, my santee posts a lot. It's difficult to separate the signal from the noise but I've got a sketch of what they like.

To my santa, sorry I'm such a lurker. I will start posting more.

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST
How I picture Socks during all of this Secret Santa stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HgUh5bOgbM&feature=youtu.be&t=3m13s

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

meatpotato posted:

Christ, my santee posts a lot. It's difficult to separate the signal from the noise but I've got a sketch of what they like.

To my santa, sorry I'm such a lurker. I will start posting more.

if it's me i'm sorry :v:

Edit: it's probably TT though.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Woo my Santee should get their stuff tomorrow :D

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

blk posted:

Woo my Santee should get their stuff tomorrow :D

Jeez, way to make the rest of us look bad.

I'm waiting on backordered items :(

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Brigdh posted:

Jeez, way to make the rest of us look bad.

I'm waiting on backordered items :(
My santee should get their stuff Friday. I think I missed the shipping deadline by like 30 minutes.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

ilkhan posted:

I think I missed the shipping deadline by like 30 minutes.

Man I thought you meant the deadline for us so I just sent mine out like 5 minutes ago thinking I was late, haha. My guy is supposed to get it on Monday.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Santee you're going to get one Amazon package and one battered personal package.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Geirskogul posted:

Santee you're going to get one Amazon package and one battered personal package.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Son of a bitch, guys. I haven't even done my shopping yet. Should get the package out next week though.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Yeah, you prepared fucks are making the rest of us look bad. I'm still collecting parts and trying to decide exactly what I'll be making.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

Slippery Tilde
According to tracking my santee should have his things now :v:

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

What fun is a project if it doesn't at least slightly ruin your life?
I found an item I thought was perfect, but it was expensive, so I made an offer on ebay half what the guy was asking. Thinking he wouldn't take it, and thinking it's a cool gift even if its in lovely shape, i also bid on one for $3. Looks like my santee may be getting two of the same gift....

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Usually I'm on the ball, but finals and projects have killed all my free time. Don't worry Santee, you'll get your box of garbage beautiful present eventually!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
GG all these early shippers.... and here I am still digging out the garbage for PWRC poo poo to send

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

GG all these early shippers.... and here I am still digging out the garbage for PWRC poo poo to send

Just pack up the bits the Kaptain cuts off

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I decided to abuse a free month of prime shipping to get the parts for my santees present, should get cracking on it this weekend.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
FIRST!

Sorry guys, my Santa came in first place.

I arrived home yesterday and an Amazon package was sitting outside. I thought it was the shoes my wife had ordered so she opened it only to find HER BELOVED MINI COOPER INSIDE!

Once she'd stopped sobbing, I found some sweet tools I didn't have in there as well.

And some notes:

Thank you Santa, whoever you are!

I would have posted this last night but the forums were down, of course.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Made some poo poo for my santee at work last night, hopefully finish that today. Then it's just putting the rest of it together.

This year is hard :v:

ZincBoy
May 7, 2006

Think again Jimmy!
drat! I just found the first couple of items to send for my Santee. Some of you are really on the ball. Need to find a few more things and will ship out next week!

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Two items ordered, one will be here soon, the other may take a while. I'm doing a bit of traveling between now and the holidays, so it's possible that I'll be late on receipt.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Everything has arrived, now to find some broken poo poo to toss in the box along with it and send it out. Shooting for by the end of the week :effort:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Welp one of the things I ordered is apparently not showing up until well into January now, so it's time for a backup gift.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Schweet. A bunch of hot wheels.

And some metal shaft...thing?

PTO input shaft off a something I guess.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Dec 6, 2015

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
Lockpicks and a clear plastic lock! I've managed to unlock it once already!

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Wheres the pictures duders?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Got mine all packed up and ready to go. It will go out tomorrow. Hopefully they can round up a team of sled dogs to get it there by Christmas.

• Locked thread