Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will the Nightly Show be like?
This poll is closed.
A news parody, like the Daily Show 15 13.27%
A pundit satire, like the Colbert Report 7 6.19%
Something else entirely 91 80.53%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords

WFGuy posted:

Non-US goons: is it just me, or has CC suddenly turned a lot more diligent in preventing international use of their site?

You seem to be correct, my previously reliable "Modify Headers" add-on no longer seems to work. Oh well, back to good ol' :filez: for me, I guess. Though that will make @midnight harder to get...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Trevor went with the Ted Cruz angle of the PP shooting rather than Carly Fiorina. :(

Edit: Looks like Larry's taking it.

Echo Chamber fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Dec 1, 2015

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Larry done good.

And Jesus Christ Kilmeade, how long have you been waiting to bust out that gem? :crow:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
drat you, Kathy!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
DOC!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

I'm not Doc! My name is Christopher!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I'M NOT DOC, MY NAME IS CHRISTOPHER!

Edit: Ahhhh gently caress, beaten.

Pillow Hat
Sep 11, 2001

What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Holy poo poo Trevor is killing it. I loved the segment with Jordan Klepper.

Unrelated: Seems like every time I type in daily show on google to stream the show, I see another article from Salon hating on Trevor. What's the deal? Nothing else to write about?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Pillow Hat posted:

Unrelated: Seems like every time I type in daily show on google to stream the show, I see another article from Salon hating on Trevor. What's the deal? Nothing else to write about?
Salon is one of those awful websites that make the internet worse through faux-outraged thinkpieces that are shared among people who like to get mad at poo poo that has no bearing on the real world. They carry grudges against celebrities for little or no reason, and on the Problem Internet (as Drew Magary once coined this phenomenon), those don't ever go away. You're better off paying them no mind, as Trevor Noah seemingly has.

I don't go out of my way to watch The Daily Show anymore, but from what show I have seen, Trevor's been doing a good job and he swept away whatever doubts I had about it (for what it's worth, I didn't have many to begin with because hosting TDS is a pretty easy job). As soon as his first week was over, I sensed a shift on the internet from "Why is this man who made dumb tweets four years ago taking over Jon Stewart's job?" to "Eh, he didn't gently caress everything up, I guess I don't really give a poo poo about him anymore. Let's get pissed of at someone else." I guess Salon didn't get the memo, though.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh man, that Jessica Williams/Christopher Lloyd bit was fantastic.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Chris Brown was supposed to be the guest tonight. I saw a opulent of articles yesterday about some Daily Show staffers being unhappy about this. Any word on how the change happened?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Are those things really all that "hoverboards" are? I thought I remembered seeing something a couple years ago that actually hovered and like Tony Hawk tested it out or something.

edit: This thing. Whatever happened to that?

raditts fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Dec 2, 2015

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I was pretty sick of everyone talking about Back to the Future II this year, but Jessica's bit was great.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

raditts posted:

Are those things really all that "hoverboards" are? I thought I remembered seeing something a couple years ago that actually hovered and like Tony Hawk tested it out or something.

edit: This thing. Whatever happened to that?

The "real" hoverboards can only be used on a special surface. It's similar to maglev but not exactly the same thing.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

IRQ posted:

The "real" hoverboards can only be used on a special surface. It's similar to maglev but not exactly the same thing.

That and the whole "no friction" thing makes them really hard to control, per that vid.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2015/12/02/chris-brown-abruptly-removed-as-daily-show-guest/

I say good that he didn't pop up on the show. I think having a hardball interview with him wouldn't be enough. Better to not give him a platform.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Trevor's apologies were hilarious.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Dear Larry: Next time you do a panel about racial casting in cinema, invite me on your show. I have an encyclopedic knowledge of every faux pas Hollywood has made in the past decade.

JJ doesn't deserve much goodwill.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Finally got to watch this last night and I second this.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Apparently one of my dad's friends since high school really loves The Nightly Show. I'd be surprised, but he's a contrarian by nature.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Echo Chamber posted:

Dear Larry: Next time you do a panel about racial casting in cinema, invite me on your show. I have an encyclopedic knowledge of every faux pas Hollywood has made in the past decade.

JJ doesn't deserve much goodwill.

Were they talking about Khan.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Y-Hat posted:

Apparently one of my dad's friends since high school really loves The Nightly Show. I'd be surprised, but he's a contrarian by nature.
I have a Facebook friend who probably watches most of TDS with Trevor, TNS, John Oliver, and Colbert. He by far shares mostly Larry's stuff. I think he loves Larry's show way more than all the other shows run by TDS alumni.

I mentioned it before months ago, but he's still at it. He's not really a contrarian.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Echo Chamber posted:

I have a Facebook friend who probably watches most of TDS with Trevor, TNS, John Oliver, and Colbert. He by far shares mostly Larry's stuff. I think he loves Larry's show way more than all the other shows run by TDS alumni.

I mentioned it before months ago, but he's still at it. He's not really a contrarian.

Some people wear fedoras and don't see anything at all wrong with it. There's no accounting for taste.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I was really hoping Trevor had an official Yakety Sax Cruz segment

Might win the fan submission slot though. Or Too many Cruz's? So many possibilities.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Anyone else taste the pure disdain in Noah's words when talking about political inaction when it comes to doing something about the mass shootings.

edit: Samantha Bee has done some awesome stuff with the Cruz videos.

Madkal fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Dec 4, 2015

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Someone familiar is popping up on The Daily Show tonight.

Of course it's Jon Stewart.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
MSNBC realizes it's not too late to join the parade of complete loving dipshits.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Dammit, MSNBC, all you and CNN have to do to be better than Fox is refrain from being a cesspool of hatred and lies, but you guys keep looking for new ways to suck.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I really like how the news lady was trying to get him to stop and think about what he was doing and he just went "NO, I HAVE TO DO THIS!" :mad:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Papa?

Are you taking the show back?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Hoooooooooly poo poo.

EDIT: Of course it's the First Responders bit. That's pretty much the only thing I could see Jon coming back for.

TARDISman fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Dec 8, 2015

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I loving love you Crazy Hobo Jon Stewart.

Edit: Oh Jesus they're dead. Or too drat sick to come out.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Dec 8, 2015

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The panel is dead, isn't it... :smith:

I don't understand how you can be a member of Congress so lacking in shame that you can allow this to happen.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Oh no... :(

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
ohhhh

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

This is loving horrific.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh jesus

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
This is just brutal. Gloves are off.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

raditts posted:

I don't understand how you can be a member of Congress so lacking in shame that you can allow this to happen.

You're 25% right... :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

raditts posted:

It's easy, you become spineless and only care about power and their own personal wealth.

• Locked thread