Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i was using the flamethrower on him which was doing the trick tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He's very weak to fire iirc. Pretty much anything with fur is

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I learned the pungent cocktail trick on my second char when I summoned someone and they walked in with what I assume was a +6 hammer with flame paper, threw a cocktail and chain visceral'd him twice in the corner and it was over before I could even tell what was going on

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

I bought this game for 20 dollars and mayhaps will pop it in for a spin later tonight. I've never played a souls game or really anything like it so I'm probably going to get owned. Should be some incredibly good poo poo.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

A cool drat horse posted:

I bought this game for 20 dollars and mayhaps will pop it in for a spin later tonight. I've never played a souls game or really anything like it so I'm probably going to get owned. Should be some incredibly good poo poo.

Dying is half the fun

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i just like to smash poo poo :black101: looking forward to reuniting the bash bros. unstoppable team of me & fairport

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i just like to smash poo poo :black101: looking forward to reuniting the bash bros. unstoppable team of me & fairport

This game has the most satisfying smashing weapons of any souls game by far

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

start with hunter's axe then get the kirkhammer after the first boss. have fun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Kirkhammer is powerful it can cave in bosses skulls. I'm using it now for the first time on my 4th or 5th run and it's fuckinf baller.

Dec 26, 2012

Benny D posted:

This game has the most satisfying smashing weapons of any souls game by far

this

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

The Kirkhammer is powerful it can cave in bosses skulls. I'm using it now for the first time on my 4th or 5th run and it's fuckinf baller.

it's all ive ever used. i tried all the DLC weapons and was all "huh, cute" and then went right back to the kirk

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the axe starting weapon is also a favorite. the 2h mode is just way too good for clearing out trash mobs

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Just took out Maria in the dlc using the hunter's axe. It's an amazing weapon, the charged r2 is good definitely but the r1 combo is where it really shines. sideswipe, overhead, poke, reverse sideswipe so drat good. I also love the releasing the r2 early to slam the axe down on some beast heads.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

it's all ive ever used. i tried all the DLC weapons and was all "huh, cute" and then went right back to the kirk

The wheel is a lot of fun

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the R1 1H combo with the axe ends on a big slam for the 4th hit that deals a lot of extra damage and staggers as if it were an R2. so good

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

I mean I like playing te chalice dungeons since it's still bloodborne gameplay, but I don't like the block based dungeon design and all the enemies I've run into are kinda lame and I never got very deep into them. Furthest I got was beating the one with indoor Rom and I didn't have enough resources to go to the next one even though I had thoroughly explored all of the ones up to that point so I was like. Whatever I'll just start a new char instead

you stopped at eaxactly the point before the difficulty and bosses get good. neway, chalice dungeons are like boss fights on demand ... theyre epic.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

also the 2h to 1h trick attack looks extremely sick and does a ton of damage.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

i like the kirkhammer but wtf.

Yeah Bro
Feb 4, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Just took out Maria in the dlc using the hunter's axe. It's an amazing weapon, the charged r2 is good definitely but the r1 combo is where it really shines. sideswipe, overhead, poke, reverse sideswipe so drat good. I also love the releasing the r2 early to slam the axe down on some beast heads.

The L2 is a reverse sweep and can be used out of a dash. Back when I was doing PVP when the game released, that move would always catch people off guard.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Bloodborne should be arriving tomorrow, any quick tips for my first run?

dont lock on to 2 big bosses .. thats about it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol you can summon NPC help for the moon boss...I'm gonna do it to see if it can make the encounter any harder somehow

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've had the most fun in the non phtumerian chalices but I haven't gotten the materials for great isz yet. ailing loran and hintertomb are win and have much cooler enemies as well as some really cool large rooms like giant swamps and bridges.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

you stopped at eaxactly the point before the difficulty and bosses get good. neway, chalice dungeons are like boss fights on demand ... theyre epic.

It's one of my 2016 gamer goals to get the plat in this game before Dark Souls III so I will do it.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

I've had the most fun in the non phtumerian chalices but I haven't gotten the materials for great isz yet. ailing loran and hintertomb are win and have much cooler enemies as well as some really cool large rooms like giant swamps and bridges.

they really shine once u start searching for glyphs and looting depth 5 cursed/fetid/rotted chalices, which half your hp but have epic rewards and fights.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I died at Logarius because my dualshock double input L2 and I died after a nice parry QQ

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This has never happened to me before but I'm at 0 vials and 0 shots. The F.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

vials are a bitch to farm. i never run out of bullets however

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

In Training posted:

this is one of the few things that legit sucks about bloodborne, having to farm for vials and bullets if you start to struggle on a boss

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

its extremely lovely that those dont just refill for free and you actually need to farm for them when youre out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My go to farm spot is also now guarded by a NPC invader. Life is hell.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i never run out haha. cos im l33t ;lol

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

gently caress the 3rd phase of bsb

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tumor looking batty posted:

use fire

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

have you been upgrading your weps?

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
Logarius isn't too bad once you're already familiar with the pattern. After stocking back up you should be good to go.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

tumor looking batty posted:

he looks worse than he is ... u can dodge all of his attacks by walking left under them

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

1 weird trick for never running out of blood vials... whenever you are spending echoes on a level up and you have some lovely odd amount left over, spend them on vials!!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

dodging away from BSB is a trap because he's perpetually lunging forward; if you dodge towards him he just sails past you

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

dodging away from BSB is a trap because he's perpetually lunging forward; if you dodge towards him he just sails past you

this also applies to literally every boss in the game lol never dodge backward you will get hosed, unless it's some kind of big AOE explosion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

yea.. the game is designed like it seems like u should always be moving forward, sort of l ike uh, luffy, in obne piece.