Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Both O and A are terrible people, but even then I'd rather hang out with Anthony 10 times out of 10 then have to endure Opie's awful, fragile personality.

Anthony's summertime blowout parties always seemed like fun.

Edit: You definitely know that all 3 of them read that subreddit on a regular basis. That's the primary base of all the hatred they keep talking about. Wackbag is pretty dried up and all other online interest of the show has pretty much died or moved on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

ozza posted:

Saw all the new posts, thought the Big Cat had finally gone off to the big Niagara Falls in the sky. Phew.

Yeah same, hadn't been paying attention to the title changes.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I feel pretty "Ewwwww" about Anthony's Opie-related shirts. Seems so petty.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Chromatic posted:

Edit: You definitely know that all 3 of them read that subreddit on a regular basis. That's the primary base of all the hatred they keep talking about. Wackbag is pretty dried up and all other online interest of the show has pretty much died or moved on.
Ant does for sure, especially since he posts once in a while, including this past week. Jim acknowledges it as well, but having to listen to Opie contradict himself today on whether or not he knows about it was absurd. Jimmy straight up calling him out for trying to brush the Jocktober stuff under the rug was refreshing.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

jyrka posted:

Ant has some new t-shirts for sale:

loving hell, Ant

lol

Calcaneus
Sep 12, 2010

The Dave posted:

The only way it isn't petty is if you believe he got it all set up in a few hours after hearing O&J this morning.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

The Dave posted:

The only way it would be "ewww" is if it didn't legitimately bother Opie, but apparently even the extremely stupid and childish things get to him deeply. If Opie was able to actually not give a poo poo and laugh, things would be different.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

shyduck posted:

Ant does for sure, especially since he posts once in a while, including this past week. Jim acknowledges it as well, but having to listen to Opie contradict himself today on whether or not he knows about it was absurd. Jimmy straight up calling him out for trying to brush the Jocktober stuff under the rug was refreshing.

It's really masochistic that Opie reads it. There is never anything positive about him there.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Oh my god I just got to the part where Opie is saying Jim can't give him credit for anything.

This is like a loving conversation with my mother.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

The Dave posted:

This is like a loving conversation with Opie's mother.

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

The Narcissistic Personality Disorder apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
Jeffrey Gurian did an ama where he doesn't really answer anything (not that he got a ton of questions) https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3v18ar/iama_comedy_writercomedianauthorradio_personality/

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

O__O posted:

Jeffrey Gurian did an ama where he doesn't really answer anything (not that he got a ton of questions) https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3v18ar/iama_comedy_writercomedianauthorradio_personality/

Only thing comes to mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttOn7_b_mBE

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

O__O posted:

Oh my god this might be even funnier than what happened this morning

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

The thing that blew my mind was when Opie said he was pissed that Jim didn't speak up and defend him more when he cried on the air that one time. He is completely delusional and narcissistic.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Listening again, Opie says he's been told not to talk about the stuff he found out involving Anthony.

Things will get really ugly if that means lawsuit time. Can't wait!

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

So what do you think tomorrow's Best Of will be?

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

So what do you think tomorrow's Best Of will be?

It'll be live. Opie opens the show, acknowledges everything he's ignored for the past 2 years, and then comes out of the closet to this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG2ixYJ79iE

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
"Gregg is his mother's son." If someone called in and said that it would break Op's brain at this point.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Paul Kersey posted:

The thing that blew my mind was when Opie said he was pissed that Jim didn't speak up and defend him more when he cried on the air that one time. He is completely delusional and narcissistic.
Especially when prior to that he tells Jim that he's not close enough to him to give him certain info. Like motherfucker, really? He shits all over anybody else but then wants the same people to love him.

Chromatic posted:

Listening again, Opie says he's been told not to talk about the stuff he found out involving Anthony.

Things will get really ugly if that means lawsuit time. Can't wait!
Ant's called him out on it

shyduck fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Dec 2, 2015

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
The reason Jim doesn't just quit and he told Opie to fire him is that Jim also has a business relationship with SiriusXM. He has his own show too. If he quits it could make him persona non grata up there just like Anthony is. Jim is doing the right thing riding out his contract or forcing Opie (or management) to fire/remove him from Opie's show. He could still do his own thing with SiriusXM outside of with Opie.

Edit: I've only tangentially paid attention to the Stern show for the past 10 years - mainly just clips posted in the SA thread here - but this Opie/Jim "we're not close anymore" argument sounds a lot like the Howard/Artie "you're not my bro" fight. Funny how all these ex-shock jocks turn into the people they hate. Stern turned into the worst parts of Imus (Cancer kid camp & trophy wife filling his house full of cats), and Opie turned into the worst parts of Stern (It's my show & I'm the one who pranks). Ant turned into the best part of The Greaseman but on him it is the worst part of Ant.

JFC fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Dec 2, 2015

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I'm an hour and fifteen in and it was cringy and exciting at first, but now it's just sad. I'll listen to the whole thing (it's interesting to hear how far my favorite source of comedy almost 10 years ago has diminished), but Opie is completely unhinged.

As an example, Opie complains that Jim didn't support him enough (in that day where he cried about Greggshells or what not), and Jim said he would do nothing but support both O&A and O&J, bringing up defending Opie about the cakestomp video. Opie then suddenly goes on an uninterruptable 5 minute tirade about how they knew Andrew and gave him thousands of dollars, stuff that Jimmy obviously knows already.

Opie is so reflexively defensive, it's insane. It's obvious that the redditors jocktobering him needles him more than he lets on.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
Who knew that Opie was as fragile as Fez.

"gently caress all you twitter responders!"

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Listening to this wildly uncomfortable, frustrating fight now. Arguing with Opie is like arguing with a little kid - he's constantly moving goalposts and missing points. It will be interesting to see where the show goes from here.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Ant responds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iMzz3zlOKU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
It took me a second, but the opening to that rules so hard. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH JIMMY~

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Morter posted:

As an example, Opie complains that Jim didn't support him enough (in that day where he cried about Greggshells or what not), and Jim said he would do nothing but support both O&A and O&J, bringing up defending Opie about the cakestomp video. Opie then suddenly goes on an uninterruptable 5 minute tirade about how they knew Andrew and gave him thousands of dollars, stuff that Jimmy obviously knows already.
That was loving insane. I was really hoping Jim was going to respond with "I know. Who are you telling this to?"

ozza posted:

Listening to this wildly uncomfortable, frustrating fight now. Arguing with Opie is like arguing with a little kid - he's constantly moving goalposts and missing points. It will be interesting to see where the show goes from here.
It's maddening. It's also sad to hear Jim realize this as the fight goes on, and toward the end he just stops responding. Or he just says "Ok...." Opie is truly mentally ill.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Gonna take a listen to the Ant part now.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

therealjon_ posted:

Gonna take a listen to the Ant part now.

Spoiler - it's boring, he repeats stuff from Greggshells 1, deeply stupid callers suck his dick (one woman sounds like she just heard about 9/11 when she's talking about how Ant and Opie secretly hated each other), and then Rich Vos comes on and misunderstands/is incapable of understanding what's been going on.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
Is the show live today?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

An Enormous Boner posted:

Spoiler - it's boring, he repeats stuff from Greggshells 1, deeply stupid callers suck his dick (one woman sounds like she just heard about 9/11 when she's talking about how Ant and Opie secretly hated each other), and then Rich Vos comes on and misunderstands/is incapable of understanding what's been going on.

Well, Opie was boring, too, but it's still amazing to hear. I'll tune out/skip over callers if it's long, but it's morbid "Can't look away from the scene of the wreck" curiosity on my part.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I think the craziest thing to take away from this is: all those times the room was on fire with insults and jokes and laughs at each others expense, whether it was a room full of comics or just Ant & Jim going on a tear, in those moments Opie felt the show was over for him and it was all coming to an end. All of those endless classic clips, and all he thought the whole time was "I wanna go home".

That is just absolute bonkers to think about.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecjrNFDOvxY&t=88m20s

is it just me or is opie crying during this part

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I think the craziest thing to take away from this is: all those times the room was on fire with insults and jokes and laughs at each others expense, whether it was a room full of comics or just Ant & Jim going on a tear, in those moments Opie felt the show was over for him and it was all coming to an end. All of those endless classic clips, and all he thought the whole time was "I wanna go home".

That is just absolute bonkers to think about.
but the chemistry was gone, maaan! what is a show without MAGIC

I'm not sure which is more insane, not enjoying being there when everyone else is having fun or making up lies about it. I don't know which is true but both possibilities are amazingly nuts to me

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
So did O&J do a show today? did they address any of the fight?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Rape Stink posted:

So did O&J do a show today?

Seems so.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

CrashCat posted:

but the chemistry was gone, maaan! what is a show without MAGIC

I'm not sure which is more insane, not enjoying being there when everyone else is having fun or making up lies about it. I don't know which is true but both possibilities are amazingly nuts to me

Don't forget getting paid millions. Literally all he had to do on air was sit there, occasionally say something safe, push buttons, and collect millions of dollars. He somehow found problems with this.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Ant looks A LOT older since I last saw him

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

When you're losing the battle for public perception to a far right wing racist lunatic who is a borderline pedophile you probably need to do some self-reflection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Opie is a narcissist, period.

• Locked thread