Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Valkyrie Profile had a combo-esque system though?

And it's been a while since I've played it, but I'm pretty sure it had blocking mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Never played Valkyrie Chronicles but had a blast with the Indivisible thing and happily sent them my thirty bucks a month ago, so glad it looks like they'll make it. 40K to go!

Also, goddamn Liam was kinda annoying this week on the podcast, probably just buildup from how far he goes with the censorship arguments which made me more annoyed at him, but his principle leading to buying dead or alive extreme 3 twice is awful, and of course just One Guy saying a thing started a shitstorm, it's that guy's job! He managed the Play Asia social media, offered a plan to make money off a "controversy" and higher ups gave the okay for that guy to use their brand as opinion leaders in their niche to get people riled up and buy a product through them. It works because the person running that knows how that social media works.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hey matt, teppu loving owns but be prepared for an abrupt ending because apparently the author is dying or something, so he wrapped it up super quick.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Hey matt, teppu loving owns but be prepared for an abrupt ending because apparently the author is dying or something, so he wrapped it up super quick.

wait what the gently caress teppu ended?!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Also, goddamn Liam was kinda annoying this week on the podcast, probably just buildup from how far he goes with the censorship arguments which made me more annoyed at him, but his principle leading to buying dead or alive extreme 3 twice is awful, and of course just One Guy saying a thing started a shitstorm, it's that guy's job! He managed the Play Asia social media
The One Guy he was referring to was TK Man, not PA. His point was "I wish that guy had kept his mouth shut," because it kicked off a gigantic pile of idiocy.

Also let's be real Liam isn't buying that poo poo because of the dustup, he was going to do that anyway because he's a crazy person.

Dexie posted:

Valkyrie Profile had a combo-esque system though?

And it's been a while since I've played it, but I'm pretty sure it had blocking mechanics.
Nothing in VP was timing based, it was just an RPG.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Ruggington posted:

Yeah I finally checked it out because of the podcast, apparently it wraps at 30ish chapters.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Captain Invictus posted:

Aw man really? That sucks.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Rodyle posted:

A couple moves required timing inputs (One move had you time it just as you're about to attack to get behind the enemy), and juggling is most definitely a timing aspect.

I know you hate anything with an ATB, so why am I bothering.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Rodyle posted:

The One Guy he was referring to was TK Man, not PA. His point was "I wish that guy had kept his mouth shut," because it kicked off a gigantic pile of idiocy.

Also let's be real Liam isn't buying that poo poo because of the dustup, he was going to do that anyway because he's a crazy person.

Then I'm a dumbass. Still buying a bad game twice is a bad thing.

33K 'till Indivisible is funded

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Dec 2, 2015

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tae posted:

A couple moves required timing inputs (One move had you time it just as you're about to attack to get behind the enemy), and juggling is most definitely a timing aspect.

I know you hate anything with an ATB, so why am I bothering.
I don't remember that all but it definitely wasn't as involved as Indivisible (which, to be fair, is about as far as possible from finalized so whatever). Well I will say this, Indivisible doesn't have that loving breakable weapons mechanic! Worst part of VP, that.

Also what, I love FF5, 7, and 9. And I'm positive on a number of the others.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Dec 2, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hahahaha, of course liam is ordering doax and from play Asia to boot

Ruggington posted:

Yeah. There's a bit of an open ending in case his health recovers

It's on kissmanga in its sntirety

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Dec 2, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Sorry, you just said one of your main gripes about FFX-2 was they went from turn-based (VP1) to ATB (indivisble).

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tae posted:

Sorry, you just said one of your main gripes about FFX-2 was they went from turn-based (VP1) to ATB (indivisble).

There are good ATB games and bad ones. FFX-2 is a bad one. Indivisible isn' t something I like but it's really well made.

E: of course even if FFX-2 was a strategy RPG created over a decade by Matsuno and a handpicked team, that wouldn't save that story

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Dec 2, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Project Treasure aka Lost Reaver is released in Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyJBSDBMVIM

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

http://www.twitch.tv/Maximilian_dood

Matt and Woolie with Max, playing Dino Rex

8K to fund indivisible; WE DO IT

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Dec 2, 2015

Jackalope Herd
May 9, 2006

Indivisible made it

WE DO IT

Also, I love how Matt brought his modded Xbox to Max's house. These games are all deserving of FNF/SMSL status.

Jackalope Herd fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Dec 2, 2015

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Devil's Third is quickly becoming one of my favorite LPs on this channel.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Captain Invictus posted:

Hahahaha, of course liam is ordering doax and from play Asia to boot

This really pushes me into a territory of just not wanting to even listen to a video with him in it.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I don't understand his logic behind buying two copies. He said one is for the channel, but I'm sure Matt would let him keep it after whatever video they make if he just asked. It's not like he expressed much interest in playing it on his own.

It also felt like no one else really wanted to engage in the conversation with him and just let him rant, though I could just be reading too much into it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
^^he wants a vita copy to play on his own and a real console one to gently caress with and unlock everything asap for the vid I guess

To be fair if he was gonna import it anyway it's not like there's many decent options other than play Asia.

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Dec 2, 2015

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

This really pushes me into a territory of just not wanting to even listen to a video with him in it.
How horrifying. Clearly he's a raging horndog who can't be controlled.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Rhonne posted:

It also felt like no one else really wanted to engage in the conversation with him and just let him rant, though I could just be reading too much into it.

Nah, that's how every argument/"argument" plays out.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

HGH posted:

How horrifying. Clearly he's a raging horndog who can't be controlled.
Nah, just an idiot.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Jackalope Herd posted:

Indivisible made it

WE DO IT
Now all they have to do is finish development and deliver a completed game without running out of money, getting hosed over by their publisher, or having anyone or anything get burned down, arrested or deported. But hey, given how quickly and smoothly Skullgirls development went, what are the odds of any of that happening...?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Cool shout outs to something awful goons going on in Max's stream

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

The Kins posted:

Now all they have to do is finish development and deliver a completed game without running out of money, getting hosed over by their publisher, or having anyone or anything get burned down, arrested or deported. But hey, given how quickly and smoothly Skullgirls development went, what are the odds of any of that happening...?

Are Lab Zero the most lucky developers, or the least lucky?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yes

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Rhonne posted:

Are Lab Zero the most lucky developers, or the least lucky?

They're going to run out of money mid development then get C+D'd by people we've never heard of before somehow.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
hmm good post/username combo?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

How is this the part that does it and not something like criminal girls "not being that bad"?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Andrast posted:

How is this the part that does it and not something like criminal girls "not being that bad"?

I always wrote it off as him playing into a character but then the growing nonstop censorship rants and now actively giving money to the gamergate-approved importer makes it a lot harder to ignore.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Blockhouse posted:

actively giving money to the gamergate-approved importer

The horror!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Read these posts. Or at least the second one.
I don't care how someone wastes his money and neither should you. poo poo opinions in podcasts is a valid complaint but this is a trending subject. You can always just skip those parts.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Cool shout outs to something awful goons going on in Max's stream

What'd they say
Mike Z has turned into the gamepro guy

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

PiedPiper posted:

The horror!
Honestly? I don't appreciate anyone stirring that pot once again just to drum up sales for a bad game. Everything surrounding the gamergate debacle is the stupidest poo poo and leads to absurd amounts of harassment, and a company dragging that nonsense back up because no press is bad press is very unprofessional and shouldn't be rewarded.

HGH posted:

I don't care how someone wastes his money and neither should you. poo poo opinions in podcasts is a valid complaint but this is a trending subject. You can always just skip those parts.
If he hadn't said "I'll be getting it from playasia of course" I'd probably respect his whole "wanna play the tity game" thing more

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

PiedPiper posted:

The horror!

using a bunch of crazy assholes' persecution complex to sell a game no one cared about may be a valid sales tactic but it's not one I have to approve of

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

HGH posted:

Were those supposed to show him in a better light or something?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I would pay for a modified podcast without Liam. Speaking of which, pulp you haven't said how you want the 5 bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Captain Invictus posted:

Honestly? I don't appreciate anyone stirring that pot once again just to drum up sales for a bad game. Everything surrounding the gamergate debacle is the stupidest poo poo and leads to absurd amounts of harassment, and a company dragging that nonsense back up because no press is bad press is very unprofessional and shouldn't be rewarded.

If he hadn't said "I'll be getting it from playasia of course" I'd probably respect his whole "wanna play the tity game" thing more

Exactly. If he had just bought it, fine, Liam like his dumb fanservice poo poo anyway, it'd be perfect for him. But to specifically do it from a company who is specifically behind people who harass devs just because they're women, that's a lovely move and isn't just to be written off as "oh that Liam has some wacky opinions".