Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

ladron posted:

This was an episode of, I believe, Amazing Stories.

edit: this one http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0511117/?ref_=ttep_ep9

Thanks so much!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
There's a movie where, at some point, a character dies by falling. The camera shot is from the top, so you see him falling away from the camera. By some spectacular failure of special effects, his arms look absurdly long, sort of a stop-motion look if I remember correctly. I could have sworn this was Die Hard, but we watched that movie last night and the Hans Gruber death scene looks pretty good.

I know I've seen the .gif of the scene I'm thinking of on the forums before, does this ring any bells?

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

A movie from the past 5-10 years probably where a late-20s(?) girl gets out of prison and is trying to get a new start on life. She gets a job in a diner in some small town that might have been out in the desert and there is some conflict among the locals and fellow employees on whether they should trust her or not. I fell asleep a little ways into the movie, so I don't know how it turns out, but it didn't seem like a horror movie or a thriller. More like a winning against the odds type of a story.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Seaniqua posted:

There's a movie where, at some point, a character dies by falling. The camera shot is from the top, so you see him falling away from the camera. By some spectacular failure of special effects, his arms look absurdly long, sort of a stop-motion look if I remember correctly. I could have sworn this was Die Hard, but we watched that movie last night and the Hans Gruber death scene looks pretty good.

I know I've seen the .gif of the scene I'm thinking of on the forums before, does this ring any bells?

That's Robocop

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Nov 23, 2015

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Opopanax posted:

That's Robocop

Yes! Thank you!

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

SkunkDuster posted:

A movie from the past 5-10 years probably where a late-20s(?) girl gets out of prison and is trying to get a new start on life. She gets a job in a diner in some small town that might have been out in the desert and there is some conflict among the locals and fellow employees on whether they should trust her or not. I fell asleep a little ways into the movie, so I don't know how it turns out, but it didn't seem like a horror movie or a thriller. More like a winning against the odds type of a story.

Spitfire Grill? It's from 96 but the story sounds right.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

therattle posted:

That's exactly what it is. I saw it two years ago, so I thought it was more recent than that.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Looking for a horror/thriller type movie I saw a fair few years back about a colony of people on what I think was a lunar base and every so often alien/monster thingies would roam the base and the temperature would drop whenever they were close by and I may remember it being better than it actually was but I want to rewatch it just to make sure. Any help would be appreciated.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

Looking for a horror/thriller type movie I saw a fair few years back about a colony of people on what I think was a lunar base and every so often alien/monster thingies would roam the base and the temperature would drop whenever they were close by and I may remember it being better than it actually was but I want to rewatch it just to make sure. Any help would be appreciated.

I haven't watched it but it sounds like The Cold Hour.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Nov 24, 2015

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

therattle posted:

That god you got that. I was stuck on Ruby in Paradise with Ashley Judd even though it likely wasn't it.

ZeroTime
Oct 13, 2011
It was a kids movie about a bunch of horses that were being forced out of their home and needed to be saved, can't remember what it was called.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

ZeroTime posted:

It was a kids movie about a bunch of horses that were being forced out of their home and needed to be saved, can't remember what it was called.

Was it maybe Horse Sense?

Captain Equinox
Sep 15, 2005

By day a mild-mannered college professor, by night Kiki, go-go dancer at the Pussycat Club. But twice a year, he's... CAPTAIN EQUINOX!

ZeroTime posted:

Or maybe Wild Horse Hank?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080131/

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Trying to think of a surreal type movie. A guy is a worker in a factory, and his office has these pipes that get in the way. They keep moving on him or something. I just remember these big pipes sliding up and down or back and forth and he's trying to sit at his chair in this room that has these pipes.

I want to say this might be Brazil? Or something a lot like it.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Philthy posted:

Trying to think of a surreal type movie. A guy is a worker in a factory, and his office has these pipes that get in the way. They keep moving on him or something. I just remember these big pipes sliding up and down or back and forth and he's trying to sit at his chair in this room that has these pipes.

I want to say this might be Brazil? Or something a lot like it.
Yes, it sounds like you are mixing together various scenes from Brazil.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, I just saw the office scene on YouTube and it's been so long..

Another movie I've been trying to find. I was in a hotel in Vegas about five years ago or more, and they have a lot of asian TV channels. A movie was playing, and it was subtitled, and it was all these ricer guys in this scene, they were all driving their cars, but they were either in the mafia/yakuza or running from them. Each guy had their own cool looking car, and they all had these nicknames. The only one I can remember was "Bar" or "Barre". I had to leave to go out to eat, but the movie looked decent from the little I saw.. The scene was something like one guy asking another guy in a car "Bar! Block that guy with your car! I'll do such and such" as they're racing down the street.

Sounds so stupid, but I've been wondering what that flick was forever.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
It's a long shot, but...when I was a kid I went to a Christian camp (mid 90s?) and they showed us this movie called Learn to Discern about all the horrible violent and gruesome media now available for children. Ironically, I was a very sheltered kid who'd had absolutely no exposure to scary movies of any kind, and a lot of the short scenes and stills Learn to Discern showed freaked me the gently caress out.

One in particular was seared into my mind and kept me up at night: the image of a woman's leg sticking up out of some kind of large cylinder. At the bottom of the cylinder was a spout, and out of the spout poured chewed-up flesh and blood (I assume the cylinder was some kind of meat grinder?)

It didn't help that a few months later I went to a BBQ restaurant with all this kitschy stuff on the walls, including a mannequin leg sticking out of a big ceramic cylinder. :haw:

As an adult I'm a big fan of the horror genre but I've never stumbled across the movie that had that scene, and I've always wondered what it was from.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

You get a foot sticking out of the top of a woodchipper in Fargo, could that be it?

1996 though, so might be pushing it on the timing.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Sounds like something they would have done for Motel Hell from 1980. Can't remember a specific scene though.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
I know it's not Fargo, but I'll look into Motel Hell--thanks!

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
A movie from I think the 80s that was about Soviet and American soldiers fighting each other in an arctic outpost. Two scenes stick out to me, one is the Americans fighting from steel culverts, and one American running out of ammo, trying to crawl out of the tube to find his sleeve has frozen to the inside of the tube, then he looks up, locks eyes with a Soviet soldier for a moment, who then shoots into the tube and moves on.

The other scene I remember is the American and Soviet commanders meeting to talk things over, and as they get up to shake hands in mutual understanding, the Soviet's lieutenant throw a grenade into the room and kills them both.

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?

Armyman25 posted:

A movie from I think the 80s that was about Soviet and American soldiers fighting each other in an arctic outpost. Two scenes stick out to me, one is the Americans fighting from steel culverts, and one American running out of ammo, trying to crawl out of the tube to find his sleeve has frozen to the inside of the tube, then he looks up, locks eyes with a Soviet soldier for a moment, who then shoots into the tube and moves on.

The other scene I remember is the American and Soviet commanders meeting to talk things over, and as they get up to shake hands in mutual understanding, the Soviet's lieutenant throw a grenade into the room and kills them both.

World War III

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?
I vaguely remember this, and think it might be a TV show.

All I remember is a scene with some kind of alien getting exposed for being one. he had either tiny prosthetic lips or eyebrows or someething really small and silly that hid his alien-ness.

I seem to remember whatever was behind that prosthetic was blue.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Thanks!

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Ok, I'm looking for a movie .gif that I lost and can't find on google (although the movie title will probably do). I only know this movie exists because of the .gif, so my description of the movie miiiiiight be totally wrong, but I think I read it's summary on wikipedia once.

It was a gif of a pudgy white dude with glasses bawling uncontrollably while holding a girls naked rear end. I think it's a Spanish movie (definitely not an english movie) about some awkward dude obsessed with a girl. In the context of the movie it's probably horribly sad, but it's a great image out of context.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"

attackmole posted:

Ok, I'm looking for a movie .gif that I lost and can't find on google (although the movie title will probably do). I only know this movie exists because of the .gif, so my description of the movie miiiiiight be totally wrong, but I think I read it's summary on wikipedia once.

It was a gif of a pudgy white dude with glasses bawling uncontrollably while holding a girls naked rear end. I think it's a Spanish movie (definitely not an english movie) about some awkward dude obsessed with a girl. In the context of the movie it's probably horribly sad, but it's a great image out of context.

Was it O Cheiro do Ralo?

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

I'm guessing it's this image specifically

http://imgur.com/Zz1hzmn

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
A Hannah-Barbera style animation about a guy explaining how he got to Heaven. Lots of puns, the last thing was about how he "died laughing".

An animated TV show where (I believe) Tim Curry voices a mad scientist whose head is attached to a robot spider.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

computer parts posted:

An animated TV show where (I believe) Tim Curry voices a mad scientist whose head is attached to a robot spider.

That was The Mask animated series

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln

computer parts posted:

A Hannah-Barbera style animation about a guy explaining how he got to Heaven. Lots of puns, the last thing was about how he "died laughing".

This is a Tex Avery cartoon "Symphony in Slang" Here it is on Vimeo.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

ProfessorMurder posted:

This is a Tex Avery cartoon "Symphony in Slang" Here it is on Vimeo.

I haven't seen this in forever, man, this takes me back! Thanks for posting!

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
I thought this was a Highlander film but on reflection I may be wrong - the film opens with a couple in bed and the man says something like "I just felt something" and the women says "I should hope so" of course he means that a Highlander is near. Now I'm sure this is a Highlander film but when i google "Highlander sex scene" it gives me Highlander 3 Christopher Lambert crap and "highlander felt something" gives me novelisation nonsense

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Hello thread,

I remember watching this movie in a high school history class of all things. It starred Sean Connery as a Franciscan (?) monk visiting a Monastary with his pupil and ends up trying to solve a murder mystery. The movie was very fascinating because it apparently gave an accurate look at medieval monastery life and philosophy (definitions of piousness, treatment of women, friction between different sects etc.) and on a whole was very surreal. One thing that struck out to me was that all the monks in monastery were really grotesque and suspicious looking in order to obscure who really did it.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Neo_Crimson posted:

Hello thread,

I remember watching this movie in a high school history class of all things. It starred Sean Connery as a Franciscan (?) monk visiting a Monastary with his pupil and ends up trying to solve a murder mystery. The movie was very fascinating because it apparently gave an accurate look at medieval monastery life and philosophy (definitions of piousness, treatment of women, friction between different sects etc.) and on a whole was very surreal. One thing that struck out to me was that all the monks in monastery were really grotesque and suspicious looking in order to obscure who really did it.

Probably The Name of the Rose

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Yup, that's it. Thanks!

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Alright, I just can't think what this movie was called. It was a low budget horror movie from the 80s and the monster was kind of this sentient red tumor. The main charactor is this really disheveled looking skinny white guy with curly hair and i think he wears a denim jacket. There is a scene where he fights the tumor as it grows out of his cupboards. Also, the first couple minutes of the movie is a dream sequence. I think the movie had a really generic name.

Edit: Nevermind, I just figured it out. It is The Abomination.

Fat Lou fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Dec 3, 2015

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

I was really, really confused, because that movie is from 1986 and this shot is definitely CG. Turns out it's CG fanart a ZBrush professional did.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

ALFbrot posted:

I was really, really confused, because that movie is from 1986 and this shot is definitely CG. Turns out it's CG fanart a ZBrush professional did.

Hah, I just did a google image search for Name of the Rose + Perlman and wasn't paying attention.

cookiefulloarsenic
Oct 30, 2011

donquixotic posted:

I thought this was a Highlander film but on reflection I may be wrong - the film opens with a couple in bed and the man says something like "I just felt something" and the women says "I should hope so" of course he means that a Highlander is near. Now I'm sure this is a Highlander film but when i google "Highlander sex scene" it gives me Highlander 3 Christopher Lambert crap and "highlander felt something" gives me novelisation nonsense

Highlander, the tv series, first episode: "The Gathering"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0601421/quotes?item=qt0316428

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

cookiefulloarsenic posted:

Highlander, the tv series, first episode: "The Gathering"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0601421/quotes?item=qt0316428
Brilliant. Thanks, I was convinced I had rented one of the awful sequels on video at some point, must've caught the tv series instead. Also it's "I feel something" not "I felt something" no wonder I couldn't find it