Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
ニドキング NIDOKING
A man can dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...

alcharagia posted:

It must be amazing, skipping out since Gen 1 and then coming back to a game where you can catch literally thrice the number of Pokemon that even existed back then and that's not even all of them.

Yeah, it's pretty awesome always getting something new every time I Wonder Trade or advance in the game. I still get most excited when I get one of the original 151, though. When I found out there were like, 720 Pokémon now my mind was a little blown.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

alcharagia posted:

It must be amazing, skipping out since Gen 1 and then coming back to a game where you can catch literally thrice the number of Pokemon that even existed back then and that's not even all of them.

I'd imagine that Mega Evolutions were probably an even bigger surprise. It'll be even more ridiculous in about three years or so when Gen VIII comes down the pipe.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Alxprit posted:

I saw Ledian on the possible list and while it'll never happen, god wouldn't that be something.

If this happened I would honestly pick up Pokken and try to learn fighting games just so I could rep my favorite bug-type. Ledian deserves it.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i'm putting money on jigglypuff or sylveon, but i desperately hope it's ludicolo.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
It would be neat if the new character would be something else than a biped. Kinda weird that Suicune is the only non-biped in the whole lineup.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

everything on the roster should be bipedal because they should all be fighting types dammit

and no keldeos allowed

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Inflammatory posted:

i'm putting money on jigglypuff or sylveon, but i desperately hope it's ludicolo.

Is Blaziken in already? Because he should be. If not... Hawlucha, definitely.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Silver Falcon posted:

Is Blaziken in already? Because he should be. If not... Hawlucha, definitely.

Pikachu Libre got in instead of Hawlucha. Blaziken is in, he and Lucario were already in the very first teaser they showed way back when so they're kind of this game's Sub Zero and Scorpion.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

There is room in the Pokemon fighting game for more than one luchadore. :colbert: Hawlucha was made for this game. He and Pika-Libre can be tag partners or something.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Alxprit posted:

I saw Ledian on the possible list and while it'll never happen, god wouldn't that be something.

ledian, "iron fist", pokken, and tekken, all on a corkboard, connected with red string

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Cerony posted:

Come December 10 we're getting an announcement for Pokken!

It's a brand new character as well as the winner of a recent Twitter campaign to decide a new Support Pokémon. All we know is that the Japanese name of new character includes "ン".

Here's a full list of possible Pokémon: http://pastebin.com/KhbNJeGK

It'll be Rhyperior because there's no Rock type or Ground type, and the game doesn't have a ton of big body characters

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

Cerony posted:

Come December 10 we're getting an announcement for Pokken!

It's a brand new character as well as the winner of a recent Twitter campaign to decide a new Support Pokémon. All we know is that the Japanese name of new character includes "ン".

Here's a full list of possible Pokémon: http://pastebin.com/KhbNJeGK

IT'S PIKACHU!

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

I am Reverend posted:

IT'S PIKACHU!

GOD DAMMIT!!!

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Marowak is not on that list.

gently caress that list.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
There still isn't a Gen 5 rep in the roster so far, so I would hope that either Bisharp or Emboar would be in that list.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Nobody has said Snorlax? He'd be good.. He could be a sumo or something.

Also this is pretty great.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-11-29/machamp-gym-reveals-amazing-anecdotes-about-muscle-bound-pokemon/.95870

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Thwack! posted:

There still isn't a Gen 5 rep in the roster so far, so I would hope that either Bisharp or Emboar would be in that list.

Stunfisk or bust

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Thwack! posted:

Braviary.

How can you post this without the attendant pictures?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

McDragon posted:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-11-29/machamp-gym-reveals-amazing-anecdotes-about-muscle-bound-pokemon/.95870

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Kurieg posted:

How can you post this without the attendant pictures?

Everyone in this picture is female.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Are you guessing or does machamp actually have sexual dimorphism?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Amppelix posted:

Are you guessing or does machamp actually have sexual dimorphism?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I- is there even a difference

Like am I missing the joke or is there actually a small difference that I can't see

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
The only joke here is your eyesight.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Look buster, I've been staring at this pretty intensely for a number of minutes but sometimes we just miss the obvious, all right? And I know some pokemon differences really are super small.

(I checked a pokedex and yes there is no variation)

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

McDragon posted:

It's about time.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Is Poke Picross out yet?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Saoshyant posted:

Is Poke Picross out yet?

Not until Thursday.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Checks out

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Actually, everyone is male.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Countblanc posted:

nah

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Countblanc posted:

That is also possible.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What a time to be alive.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

So I know there's got to be some fan overlap, and I could use a new silly theme/challenge. So here's a question:

If you had to name pokemon after the Primarchs in 40k, which would you choose? Excepting legendary pokes, naturally.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
There is no overlap, nerd. I only name my pokemon after women I've slept with and men I've beaten up.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Eox posted:

There is no overlap, nerd. I only name my pokemon after women I've slept with and men I've beaten up.

Yeah I don't nickname either

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Eox posted:

Same. I've got 160 different pokemon named Terry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DasHangman
Feb 27, 2011

I'm the captain of the gravy train!

StrangeAeon posted:

So I know there's got to be some fan overlap, and I could use a new silly theme/challenge. So here's a question:

If you had to name pokemon after the Primarchs in 40k, which would you choose? Excepting legendary pokes, naturally.

Zubat/Golbat/Crobat or a Noibat for Konrad Curze, because he's grimdark Batman. Absol for Horus. Maybe Mightyena for Leman Russ.

Now I'm going to think about this all day.

• Locked thread