Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
has anyone found a mod which makes workshop-built stuff never require repairs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

So, it was bound to happen. I've started randomly getting CTDs on cell change. How do I go about finding out which mod(s) is responsible? Or is it just a side effect of progressing further into the game? I know EBT or Gore Overhaul had that issue previously, maybe it was reintroduced in an update?

How does save corruption manifest, by the way?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Roadie posted:

Anyone who can force those settlers to pick up a Goddamn broom for once is a saint.

it bugs the poo poo out of me that so many places that have clearly been lived in for years don't even have the corpses shoved into a corner in this game, let alone thrown out a window or out the back door

like seriously wouldn't it loving bug you to walk past a slowly dissolving skeleton every loving day? at least kick them into a corner and throw a tarp over them, for gently caress's sake.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Roadie posted:

Anyone who can force those settlers to pick up a Goddamn broom for once is a saint.

Hell, make it a buildable "cleaning closet" structure I need to assign somebody to (or tie it to the junk finding job "clean up all this rubble and maybe you'll find a tin can damnit")

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I need a mod that gets rid of all bloodbugs/bloatflies ASAP

an anti-fun enemy that always comes in packs of 4+, what a great idea, let's put them everywhere

it's almost impossible to reliably target the area you want to hit in VATS, then if you do, chances to hit are low compared to other enemies. oh also their hitboxes are screwy and they dodge when you ADS :suicide:

e: I just killed swan at level 26 cause hey cait needed a good melee weapon. right after that I wander into a pack of bugs and die, because I figure I don't need to pop a bunch of drugs and a nuka cola quantum like I did for the gargantuan mutant

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Pwnstar posted:

What am I missing to be able to do this?

http://gfycat.com/CourteousFrailChrysomelid

Okay, I did some research on this. Apparently the reason you get the "Picked Non Ref AV Obj" message or aren't able to select and markfordelete or disable stuff is that it's a bunch of stuff placed and then linked together in the editor in what's being termed as a 'Combined Object'. What's been discovered however is that if you go into the cell data for the area and simply create an override for the combined object, suddenly all the individual items are selectable in the console and the commands work as expected.

With this knowledge in hand I put a quick .esp together and was able to delete some of the houses/shrubs/trash in Sanctuary. I'm going to work on it some more and see if I can't get all of sanctuary cleanable via console and then I'll upload my work.

padijun posted:

I need a mod that gets rid of all bloodbugs/bloatflies ASAP

an anti-fun enemy that always comes in packs of 4+, what a great idea, let's put them everywhere

it's almost impossible to reliably target the area you want to hit in VATS, then if you do, chances to hit are low compared to other enemies. oh also their hitboxes are screwy and they dodge when you ADS :suicide:

e: I just killed swan at level 26 cause hey cait needed a good melee weapon. right after that I wander into a pack of bugs and die, because I figure I don't need to pop a bunch of drugs and a nuka cola quantum like I did for the gargantuan mutant

Have you ran into any Stingwings yet?

Amstrad fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Dec 2, 2015

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Amstrad posted:

Have you ran into any Stingwings yet?

I'm on playthrough 2 so yeah. and It might have been stingwings that killed me just now, I wasn't targeting them, just figured I could sprint away to the objective and lose them but the poison DOTs were too much

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Time for a Fallout Fun Fact!

Stingwings have no stingers and are not actually poisonous! In the ancestral Scorpionfly, the large and threatening tail merely housed the male genitals. Modern Stingwings have most likely mutated to be hermaphroditic and use traumatic insemination penis fencing duels to pass sperm between partners! They're stabbing you with their barbed dicks and injecting semen into your bloodstream! Fun Fact!

7c Nickel fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Dec 2, 2015

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

7c Nickel posted:

Time for a Fallout Fun Fact!

Stingwings have no stingers and are not actually poisonous! In the ancestral Scorpionfly, the large and threatening tail merely housed the male genitals. Modern Stingwings have most likely mutated to be hermaphroditic and use traumatic insemination penis fencing duels to pass sperm between partners! They're stabbing you with their barbed dicks and injecting semen into your bloodstream! Fun Fact!

That explains radiation damage, because I am fairly confident Bethesda just thinks radiation is "yucky dirt" judging by what sources give you radiation and how vault 81 says "wow, no radiation" even if you have a full red bar.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

Yet Another Settlement Cleanup Mod
Currently only for Sanctuary. Will be expanding.

EDIT: Sorry everyone, looks like this mod triggers the same power armor and container reset bug as other similar attempts to make the junk on these settlements clearable.
The mod may be safe to use on a new game. This needs to be tested however.

Amstrad fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Dec 2, 2015

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Amstrad posted:

DO THE CASTLE

Does anyone know a way to restore the Molecular Beam Transmitter and other three Institute-related things you can build to work again? I don't need them to actually teleport me, I just want the non-broken version I can activate back for looks.

Edit: Also, is it possible to reset the rubberbanding system? The mechanic that makes levels scale to the level you were when you first entered it. I want them to reset for my current level so I can smash more things.

Zodium fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Dec 2, 2015

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Amstrad posted:

This is really cool, nice one! You have a lot of patience to go through and do this.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Mod to make people (and Dogmeat!) react faster and move further away when you bump into them:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4062/

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

Amstrad posted:

Sorry everyone, looks like this mod triggers the same power armor and container reset bug as other similar attempts to make the junk on these settlements clearable.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Amstrad posted:

Sorry everyone, looks like this mod triggers the same power armor and container reset bug as other similar attempts to make the junk on these settlements clearable.

How does it trigger it, does it trigger straight away or on a fast travel?

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

Kea posted:

How does it trigger it, does it trigger straight away or on a fast travel?

Looks like fast travel is a trigger. Though I imagine anything that causes the cells to reload will do it. (say just walking far enough away and then walking back)

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Amstrad posted:

What reset bug? (I luckily haven't installed it yet).

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Seditiar posted:

deleting all your poo poo including power armor frames and settlements I assume.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

Seditiar posted:

It basically randomizes what pieces of armor are on any given power armor frame, this extends to randomizing the contents of containers as well apparently.

I just tested it again, it definitely will randomize the power armor pieces differently each time you fast travel to the settlement, so its not even safe to use on a new save. I'm just going to remove the mod completely.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Motherfucker posted:

deleting all your poo poo including power armor frames and settlements I assume.

Not quite, basically any power armor left at a modified area will eventually get reset to its original value. Unfortunately no one has found a way around this yet and we may not find one until the GECK is released.

Kea fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Dec 2, 2015

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Amstrad posted:

It basically randomizes what pieces of armor are on any given power armor frame, this extends to randomizing the contents of containers as well apparently.

I just tested it again, it definitely will randomize the power armor pieces differently each time you fast travel to the settlement, so its not even safe to use on a new save. I'm just going to remove the mod completely.
disabling visibility to player is how these mods do that sort of thing, like the performance mod for fallout 3 and new vegas

not sure if they did one for skyrim but I figure it's the same idea

if that still fucks up power armor frames that's just another one of the engine hoo-hahs we're going to have to live with

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

disabling visibility to player is how these mods do that sort of thing, like the performance mod for fallout 3 and new vegas

if that still fucks up power armor frames that's just another one of the engine hoo-hahs we're going to have to live with

It's anything that changes the cells, even just moving the position of something in an ESP does it. Hopefully it will be fixed by the time the GECK comes out or modding will be fairly severely limited.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Well, what my mod was doing was creating a bunch of overrides to the object groups in the settlement, this triggered them in such a way that they became selectable in console when they previously hadn't been.
What it also apparently triggered was whatever record stopped things like power armor frames and containers from randomizing (my theory is its forcing the cell to reload from the esp each time you load the afflicted cells).

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

well from this i just realized that the power armor is skyrim's horse and the horse was similarly bugged with cell editing until the creation kit that allowed "clean edits" of maps to came out

so hopefully this doesn't happen again when people get their hands on the F4CK

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
Mod that removes the ugly shrubs by resizing them, should be safe right? At least we can have clean fields.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1962/

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Sonofsilversign posted:

Mod that removes the ugly shrubs by resizing them, should be safe right? At least we can have clean fields.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1962/

Possibly safe, would need testing.

Edit: Note this will effect all shrubs everywhere, not just the ones in your settlements.

Kea fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Dec 2, 2015

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
God knows I been waiting for the no bush clean fields mods

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

So it appears whatever bug that's effecting the power armor and containers at Sanctuary /does not/ occur when using the same workaround for RedRocket. I'm going to revisit my efforts at Sanctuary and see if I can't sort out where the issue lies.

Edit: After a new smaller set of overrides to just one cell in Sanctuary I'm not currently experiencing my previously mentioned bug. Going to expand scope again and see if the issue re-occurs.

Edit2: Once the overrides extend to more than just the SanctuaryExt02 cell (eg: the SanctuaryExt03-9 cells) the previously mentioned power armor bug returns. This may mean that this workaround is safe for use on single cell settlements, but not larger ones.

Amstrad fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Dec 2, 2015

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

LumberingTroll posted:

32bit support is pointless considering you have to have a 64bit os to even run fallout 4.

Try launching a 32 bit executable through MO2 right now. It has nothing to do with the OS at all. I love Mod Organizer, but the Fallout support is not ready for prime time yet.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

Mod to make people (and Dogmeat!) react faster and move further away when you bump into them:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4062/

I want this but I want it so that if you push into someone for more than a second they harmlessly (and non-hostile-ly) ragdoll. I've had Nick get in a doorway before and trap me in the room before I had to tell him to leave my employ MULTIPLE TIMES. I don't want to push him slightly to the side, I want to slam him into the ground and have him apologize to me.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Coolguye posted:

it bugs the poo poo out of me that so many places that have clearly been lived in for years don't even have the corpses shoved into a corner in this game, let alone thrown out a window or out the back door

like seriously wouldn't it loving bug you to walk past a slowly dissolving skeleton every loving day? at least kick them into a corner and throw a tarp over them, for gently caress's sake.

I ended up having to murder everyone in Covenant because they inexplicably turned hostile on me one day. Still not sure why. Anyways, I took the time to move all the bodies to the balcony in the back house, tossed some grenades in. Still no one seems to mind the carnage. The replacement parts settlers didn't even seem to mind me moving bodies around upon showing up to this weird, creepy colony with a radio and the guy dragging body parts into one of the houses.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Gyshall posted:

Try launching a 32 bit executable through MO2 right now. It has nothing to do with the OS at all. I love Mod Organizer, but the Fallout support is not ready for prime time yet.

Running other executables through mod organizer is not something players have to do right now, only modders, my point was that it not supporting 32bit exe does not limit what it was designed to do, Organize Mods. There are other issues though which have been discussed, Im pretty sure we can stop talking about this now until a new version of MO is out.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

Skandranon posted:

I ended up having to murder everyone in Covenant because they inexplicably turned hostile on me one day. Still not sure why. Anyways, I took the time to move all the bodies to the balcony in the back house, tossed some grenades in. Still no one seems to mind the carnage. The replacement parts settlers didn't even seem to mind me moving bodies around upon showing up to this weird, creepy colony with a radio and the guy dragging body parts into one of the houses.

Covenant has a quest line that can turn the town hostile towards you depending on how you follow it.
Actually because of how that quest goes my entrance to that town looks like this:

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Amstrad posted:

Covenant has a quest line that can turn the town hostile towards you depending on how you follow it.
Actually because of how that quest goes my entrance to that town looks like this:

Nice potato tits

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Amstrad posted:

That's the funny thing, I finished the quest such that they were peaceful, and everything was fine for quite awhile. Everyone thanked me for joining their synth killing conspiracy and so on. Then I zone in one day and they all turn on me. I decided I didn't really care for all their dumb talking anyways and went with it.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

is dat some nood texture?

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Scared?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i'm just haha i'm just using the naked textures as a joke guys haha honestly

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I still haven't found that town yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Skandranon posted:

That's the funny thing, I finished the quest such that they were peaceful, and everything was fine for quite awhile. Everyone thanked me for joining their synth killing conspiracy and so on. Then I zone in one day and they all turn on me. I decided I didn't really care for all their dumb talking anyways and went with it.

I rejected their insanity when I learned They kill like 3 people for every synth they catch

• Locked thread