Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
lots of bosses r completely neutered by being more aggressive than them. amelia is te best example. btw isnt it cool how when youre losing to her she seems really aggressive and strong and scary but when youre winning it just ;looks like youre beating up a huge dog tahts trying to defend itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

I.N.R.I posted:

lots of bosses r completely neutered by being more aggressive than them. amelia is te best example. btw isnt it cool how when youre losing to her she seems really aggressive and strong and scary but when youre winning it just ;looks like youre beating up a huge dog tahts trying to defend itself.

i love Amelia for the reasons you describe here.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Just hit the defiled chalice. :whitewater:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
a;lright i cant wait anymore, im going to start this tonight. ill press r1 with my middle finger lol >____<

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You'll probably do better than me, lol

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

i summoned for her once and we stunlocked her into a corner, i felt bad

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

SM64Guy posted:

i summoned for her once and we stunlocked her into a corner, i felt bad

don t worry , she chose her path. imo anyway. the little plot thing next to her room sounds like she changed into a beast willingly.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
INRI, how about using the ps4 button mapping to trade out a less indexy button for R1

Under accessibility

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

INRI, how about using the ps4 button mapping to trade out a less indexy button for R1

Under accessibility

thats a good idea .. but ive played like 250 hours with normal style controls and like ill probably be able to use it again in a couple of weeks. i actually dont think it will be that big of a deal since like its not like pressing r1 in bloodborne is part of the finesse. r2 with my ring finger might be a lil tricky tho.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

he looks worse than he is ... u can dodge all of his attacks by walking left under them

i did it and without the pungent blood

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i havent followed much of the story but are you the bad guy like you were in ds?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

tumor looking batty posted:

i havent followed much of the story but are you the bad guy like you were in ds?

its more like, most people in it including u as the player, are just looking after #1, or theyre too far gone to really be considered sentient anymore. i dunno if u ever read the manga dorohedoro but its sort of like that.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

i did it and without the pungent blood

btw, i like posting this vid, cos its mine lol, this is what i meant by walking away from its attacks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4rBX69MY1U i didnt press the dodge button a single time like a bau5

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Hard to say. Depends on what you believe regarding the beasts

i think there's only one "bad" ending, and the third ending is either super bad or super good depending on what you think it means for ~*~humanity~*~

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm pretty sure you just live for the hunt. It's anarchy out there

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A Hunter IS a Hunter, even in a dreeeam

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Harrow posted:

Hard to say. Depends on what you believe regarding the beasts

i think there's only one "bad" ending, and the third ending is either super bad or super good depending on what you think it means for ~*~humanity~*~

i belive not rekindling the fire at the end of ds was the correct decision :colbert:

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

A Hunter IS a Hunter, even in a dreeeam

the sky and the cosmos are one

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Soul of the mind, kee to life's ether. May strength be granted so that the world might be mended. So the world might be mended

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

Just hit the defiled chalice. :whitewater:

ive been stuck on cursed watchdog forever. i know i just have to be patient and play defensively but after attempt 20 or so i just want it to be loving over with

the first time i did this like a year ago i one-shot him now he's impossible :shrug:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

In Training posted:

Soul of the mind, kee to life's ether. May strength be granted so that the world might be mended. So the world might be mended

please give us demon's souls on ps4 fromsoft thanks

Bobnumerotres posted:

ive been stuck on cursed watchdog forever. i know i just have to be patient and play defensively but after attempt 20 or so i just want it to be loving over with

the first time i did this like a year ago i one-shot him now he's impossible :shrug:

I beat him first try the first time I played through because I was using the threaded cane which made it super easy to just whap him on the nose from afar

I fear the next time I run into him

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

:pray:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

he looks worse than he is ... u can dodge all of his attacks by walking left under them

I never got hit using this method after dying 69000 times to him. It was pretty rewarding figuring that out.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

its more like, most people in it including u as the player, are just looking after #1, or theyre too far gone to really be considered sentient anymore. i dunno if u ever read the manga dorohedoro but its sort of like that.

I tried to save all of the NPCs I could.

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Dec 2, 2015

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

Bae...

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Human Grand Prix posted:

I tried to save all of the NPCs I could.

same, except for the times where i used a cannon or stake driver to explode them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I always send the cannibal to iosefka

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

btw, i like posting this vid, cos its mine lol, this is what i meant by walking away from its attacks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4rBX69MY1U i didnt press the dodge button a single time like a bau5

i didn't know this what the gently caress, i'm never going to try to parry him again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Parrying him seems like a fools errand because it seems like he has a big parry window but the jerkiness of his motions makes all my bullets sail effortlessly past him

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

its worth it to try and fight him either on the roof or back at the church. he has really, really good dialogue

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

Parrying him seems like a fools errand because it seems like he has a big parry window but the jerkiness of his motions makes all my bullets sail effortlessly past him

i couldnt parry him at all. as far as bosses go ive only had sucess perrying father g so far.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
this is kinda rough at sl57 .. still, i beat the first big guy , and it looks like amelias room has another boss in it. im gonna use the beast cutter on it. that first big guy was super freaking scary though QQ

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

this is kinda rough at sl57 .. still, i beat the first big guy , and it looks like amelias room has another boss in it. im gonna use the beast cutter on it. that first big guy was super freaking scary though QQ

I went in at like 26 or w/e when it first opened and got my rear end in a top hat creamed. So I'm probably gonna finish the game up to the last boss and then go back and do the DLC

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Harrow posted:

i didn't know this what the gently caress, i'm never going to try to parry him again

no1 does. thats an inri special :P

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

I went in at like 26 or w/e when it first opened and got my rear end in a top hat creamed. So I'm probably gonna finish the game up to the last boss and then go back and do the DLC

u have to visceral everything basically. for some reason it does something like double dmg to them

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
btw, why does it seem like the beast cutter the enemies use has a better moveset than the one you get.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

In Training posted:

I feel bad for him.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

its worth it to try and fight him either on the roof or back at the church. he has really, really good dialogue

the fight is really good too

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
He really keeps you on your toes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

tfw you time parries perfectly but the enemy's swooping motions dodge your bullets