Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

SelenicMartian posted:

Can you play as the cat and do nothing but cook fish, grow shrooms and catch butterflies?

I mean, you can already do that as the human, so I don't see why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

deadly_pudding posted:

However, it doesn't have a G-Rank, so that may turn off some people who like to see their Hunter Rank just go up forever.

Eh that's probably OK. Instead of progressing for 300 hours until you're effectively maxed out it'll just be more like 100 hours.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
So I got region-free stuff up and running to play Picross 3D 2 and that Rhythm Heaven compilation game. Any other suggestions now that I have this working?

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Monkey Fracas posted:

So I got region-free stuff up and running to play Picross 3D 2 and that Rhythm Heaven compilation game. Any other suggestions now that I have this working?

I've always wanted to know what the Japan-only Mameshiba game is like. You should get it and come back with a report.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

deadly_pudding posted:

However, it doesn't have a G-Rank, so that may turn off some people who like to see their Hunter Rank just go up forever.

enojy posted:

Eh that's probably OK. Instead of progressing for 300 hours until you're effectively maxed out it'll just be more like 100 hours.

I mean won't they probably add that stuff in Monster Hunter X G/Ultimate or whatever in a year or two

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I don't think they're going to do a g version unless the nx ends up being really far off.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
pretty sure capcom said they wouldn't make an mhxg or whatever.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Inflammatory posted:

pretty sure capcom said they wouldn't make an mhxg or whatever.

Yeah, that's what I recall as well. I guess they could always rescind that, but there's not a history of them making a bunch of extra games within one "generation" of Monster Hunter unless they're ports to different systems.

Dreamy Souffle
Feb 22, 2011

Just cause
I like my diamonds bright
ain't saying I'm wrong
or if it's right but baby
I haven't been wrong before

deadly_pudding posted:

Well, there's no G Rank, but apparently you can unlock your HR number and go all the way up to rank 999.

So if you're into increasing numbers, there's no need to fret :confuoot:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I didn't get any free plays from the practice machine, pity or otherwise, and no free play from logging in. The badge bunny will die

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Color Printer posted:

I didn't get any free plays from the practice machine, pity or otherwise, and no free play from logging in. The badge bunny will die

I got 2 free plays from the practice machine and wasn't able to get any of the cat badges with them >: [

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Monkey Fracas posted:

how do I region free to specifically play those two games

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Kaubocks posted:

how do I region free to specifically play those two games

You don't, you do it for all of them. Current firmware, you need to get a copy of Cubic Ninja.

Anyway, he meant that he bothered to do it specifically because of those two games. And now he's fishing for additional recommendations.

I suggest Style Savvy 2 (Europe), Puyo Puyo Tetris (Japan), and Gaist Crusher (Japan).

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'm just saying the only games I'd be interested in is picross and rhythm heaven

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Everyone's excited for Pokemon Picross and I'm the only one who wants Pokemon Neves.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Kaubocks posted:

I'm just saying the only games I'd be interested in is picross and rhythm heaven

Same

If that's all I get out of this screwin' around I'll still be happy.

Saoshyant posted:

Puyo Puyo Tetris (Japan), and Gaist Crusher (Japan).

I will buy another puyo puyo pop game and Gaist Crusher is made by Treasure apparently, huh. Interesting.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

FirstAidKite posted:

I got 2 free plays from the practice machine and wasn't able to get any of the cat badges with them >: [

I got one free play and used it to get a pixel famicom v:shobon:v

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

badge bunny for smash

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I'll be curious to hear some words about Steamworld Heist. It's a tossup between that and Super Mystery Dungeon for my next 3DS buy.

e: gently caress I forgot about Final Fantasy Explorers

deadly_pudding fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Dec 2, 2015

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

epitasis posted:

badge bunny for smash

He was supposed to be a Super Mario Maker skin but they cut him out for more important characters like mahjong tile

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

They might put him back in now that the Badge game is actually out everywhere. Maybe. Possibly.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Color Printer posted:

They might put him back in now that the Badge game is actually out everywhere. Maybe. Possibly.

We got Arino, we will get the bunny.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'd buy a badge bunniibo

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
are there any youtube channels or whatnot that show strategies for getting all the badges from a certain machine? I want some of those pixel badges but I don't want to gently caress it up and waste me sweet sweet dollar bill.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Is there a place that sells those 18 card cases like they gave out for club nintendo rewards? I have 2 and they are almost full. Not ebay i mean but something like that style of case

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

African AIDS cum posted:

Is there a place that sells those 18 card cases like they gave out for club nintendo rewards? I have 2 and they are almost full. Not ebay i mean but something like that style of case

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=3ds+game+case

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

are there any youtube channels or whatnot that show strategies for getting all the badges from a certain machine? I want some of those pixel badges but I don't want to gently caress it up and waste me sweet sweet dollar bill.

Here ya go. The struggle for the pixel badges starts at the four minute mark there.

They're less strategy videos and more "Here's what might happen if the Bunny God of Crane Physics decides to take pity on you." videos. They're more helpful in showing off what not to do or go for. Like seeing moves that either flat out don't work or spell disaster.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

This is nice and all, but do you have anything I could glue to my 3ds?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Yeah I mean the clear ones you can put a cover in

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Is that region freeing something that is going to get patched out, cause I'd be hella down for some JP and Euro games but I don't want to end up with a bunch of little bricks I can't play

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

Is that region freeing something that is going to get patched out, cause I'd be hella down for some JP and Euro games but I don't want to end up with a bunch of little bricks I can't play

The game-based exploits are extremely unlikely to ever get patched out, so if you have Cubic Ninja, Zelda:OoT (with a hacked savefile) or the 1.0 version of Ironfall, you're good.
For everything else, better don't update

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Quidnose posted:

There were various methods to exploit the system but they have all been patched out since. The original one used an obscure game called Cubic Ninja. That has not been patched in the year since this stuff started and does not seem likely that it will ever will, so if you're willing to buy the game (with the caveat that it won't be cheap) you get all the region-free and homebrew emulators you could possibly want.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

HenryEx posted:

Zelda:OoT (with a hacked savefile)

How exactly do you get the hacked savefile onto an OoT cartridge/non-hacked 3DS, out of curiosity?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
You need some other kind of homebrew capability to get it on there in the first place, sadly. Any other entry point will do.
The good news is, you don't have to do it yourself neccessarily, so if you know someone who has homebrew capability, ask them to put a hacked savefile on the cartridge and you can use it yourself.

If you haven't updated your 3DS in a while (under version 10.2), you can try the browserhack.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Good to see that Peach is back to being the best Paper Mario character

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Paper Mario series has the best sense of humor and Paper Peach is top tier.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

deadly_pudding posted:

e: gently caress I forgot about Final Fantasy Explorers

That's probably for the best.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
At least Paper Peach is still the best version of Peach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Triforce 2.0 is out now. I'm not man enough to get all the current costumes :negative: