Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

Siljmonster posted:

i really wish i had the autism to play

no you dont

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Notorious QIG posted:

i beat histogram viewer the other day, but im not sure i can do anything more than that

still struggling with peak detector somehow

hmm i dont have time to work on it this morning but for that one i would probably find some way of adding all the numbers in the sequence together and then compare the difference between each individual and output the ones with the highest and lowest magnitude of change

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Notorious QIG posted:

open the console, click the case, type "unlock"

qig dont set me up..... :(

im on the PS4

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Al! posted:

hmm i dont have time to work on it this morning but for that one i would probably find some way of adding all the numbers in the sequence together and then compare the difference between each individual and output the ones with the highest and lowest magnitude of change

that's not what peak detector is (stupidly). peak detector gives you a set of a 0-terminated lists, and you have to output both the minimum and maximum values of the list to the two outputs

the strategy im thinking of involves sending the input to two different nodes, then in each node it (1) checks to see if the incoming number is 0, in which case we're at the end of the list and output the answer, otherwise (2) compare that number to the stored number and replace it if it is higher/lower than what was there originally

like it's really simple, i just can't get it to work for reasons i don't understand.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Vintersorg posted:

qig dont set me up..... :(

im on the PS4

so, your words and deeds. how do you feel about them

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
yeah im not entirely happy with the way fo4 completely neuters specialization but its a competent shootmans

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I feel like FO4 is completely lacking in interesting characters. FONV was chock full of them and at least 3 had the tree guy and ThreeDog and Moira and some others. FO4 feels like they mostly built a good sandbox but then didn't flesh out the inhabitants at all

like, why the gently caress aren't there quests for half of the companions? what's up with that radio tower with the show host you can't do anything with? why are there no quests about the mayor of diamond city? why bother making gunners and children of the atom a thing if they're no different than raiders? why can't I do anything with the Atom Cats??

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Gus Hobbleton posted:

yeah im not entirely happy with the way fo4 completely neuters specialization but its a competent shootmans

i'm super specialized, idk what you're talking about

I think from level 45 onwards I'm going to do a full VATS build, using all AP-saving gear and investing all my perks in agility. fallout 3 here i come

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Yodzilla posted:

I feel like FO4 is completely lacking in interesting characters. FONV was chock full of them and at least 3 had the tree guy and ThreeDog and Moira and some others. FO4 feels like they mostly built a good sandbox but then didn't flesh out the inhabitants at all

like, why the gently caress aren't there quests for half of the companions? what's up with that radio tower with the show host you can't do anything with? why are there no quests about the mayor of diamond city? why bother making gunners and children of the atom a thing if they're no different than raiders? why can't I do anything with the Atom Cats??

you might be bugged out because I def had quests with the atom cats

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Yodzilla posted:

i did things for the atom cats, i did a quest with travis from diamond city radio, there are quests for most of the companions if you have a high enough rep with them, and if i recall i did something with the mayor of diamond city but it felt pretty minor.

children of the atom i haven't really investigated much other than get gunned down by a couple of them.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Al! posted:

you might be bugged out because I def had quests with the atom cats

i had a quest to walk somewhere and plug in a thing but that was it. is there more?

Lightbulb Out posted:

and if i recall i did something with the mayor of diamond city but it felt pretty minor.

if it's the thing i'm thinking of it shouldn't have been minor, especially with Piper standing right there next to me when i did it but i guess the game doesn't want to acknowledge that

i'm not saying there aren't quests, i'm just saying it doesn't feel like they're especially fleshed out

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

gog sale is up

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Yodzilla posted:

i had a quest to walk somewhere and plug in a thing but that was it. is there more?

if it's the thing i'm thinking of it shouldn't have been minor, especially with Piper standing right there next to me when i did it but i guess the game doesn't want to acknowledge that

i'm not saying there aren't quests, i'm just saying it doesn't feel like they're especially fleshed out

oh i see. I've been pretty much only doing quests when they seem quick and local because I'm playing with quest markers turned off and just sort of wandering the wastes looking for cool poo poo and I haven't been disappointed yet. it's kind of like a walking simulator for me. I might do an "actually does quests and uses companions like a normal person" run soon now that the systems are all kind of locked in my head, so I'm prepared for that to be disappointing

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Notorious QIG posted:

gog sale is up
i know its very cheap of me, but god drat it why is witcher 3 not $20

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I love the mystery boxes that gog does

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Al! posted:

csgo/dota skins of gaming sales

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Al! posted:

code:
A Golden Wake 
Agarest: Generations of War 
Airline Tycoon Deluxe 
Anna's Quest 
Anodyne 
Another World: 20th Anniversary Edition 
Apotheon 
Aquaria 
Ascendant 
Battle Realms + Winter Of The Wolf 
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians 
Beneath a Steel Sky 
Breach & Clear 
Breach & Clear: Deadline 
Broken Age: The Complete Adventure 
Brutal Legend 
Cities in Motion 
Consortium: Master Edition 
Crimsonland 
Crusaders Kings: Complete 
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey 
Dust: An Elysian Tale 
Elminage Gothic 
Europa Universalis III Complete 
Evil Genius 
Gabriel Knight 20th Anniversary 
Gemini Rue 
Gone Home 
Grey Matter 
Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure 
Hearts of Iron II: Complete 
Inquisitor 
Jade Empire: Special Edition 
King's Bounty: Crossworlds GOTY 
King's Bounty: Dark Side - Premium Edition 
King's Bounty: Warriors of the North Complete Edition 
Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded 
Lilly Looking Through 
Long Live the Queen 
Massive Assault 
Pier Solar and the Great Architects 
Raiden III Digital Edition 
Rogue Legacy 
Saint's Row - The Third 
Saint's Row 2 
Shadowrun Returns 
Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut 
SimCity 4: Deluxe Edition 
Space Colony HD 
Spelunky 
Stronghold Crusader HD 
Supreme League of Patriots Season Pass 
The Bard's Tale 
The Consortium: Master Edition 
Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers 
Train Fever 
Triple Town

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Al! posted:

oh i see. I've been pretty much only doing quests when they seem quick and local because I'm playing with quest markers turned off and just sort of wandering the wastes looking for cool poo poo and I haven't been disappointed yet. it's kind of like a walking simulator for me. I might do an "actually does quests and uses companions like a normal person" run soon now that the systems are all kind of locked in my head, so I'm prepared for that to be disappointing

that's kind of a neat way to play tbqh

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Notorious QIG posted:

code:

A Golden Wake 
Agarest: Generations of War 
Airline Tycoon Deluxe 
Anna's Quest 
Anodyne 
Another World: 20th Anniversary Edition 
Apotheon 
Aquaria 
Ascendant 
Battle Realms + Winter Of The Wolf 
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians 
Beneath a Steel Sky 
Breach & Clear 
Breach & Clear: Deadline 
Broken Age: The Complete Adventure 
Brutal Legend 
Cities in Motion 
Consortium: Master Edition 
Crimsonland 
Crusaders Kings: Complete 
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey 
Dust: An Elysian Tale 
Elminage Gothic 
Europa Universalis III Complete 
Evil Genius 
Gabriel Knight 20th Anniversary 
Gemini Rue 
Gone Home 
Grey Matter 
Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure 
Hearts of Iron II: Complete 
Inquisitor 
Jade Empire: Special Edition 
King's Bounty: Crossworlds GOTY 
King's Bounty: Dark Side - Premium Edition 
King's Bounty: Warriors of the North Complete Edition 
Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded 
Lilly Looking Through 
Long Live the Queen 
Massive Assault 
Pier Solar and the Great Architects 
Raiden III Digital Edition 
Rogue Legacy 
Saint's Row - The Third 
Saint's Row 2 
Shadowrun Returns 
Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut 
SimCity 4: Deluxe Edition 
Space Colony HD 
Spelunky 
Stronghold Crusader HD 
Supreme League of Patriots Season Pass 
The Bard's Tale 
The Consortium: Master Edition 
Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers 
Train Fever 
Triple Town

I already own a stupid number of those games on Steam so maybe not

that said I went to buy something from gog then I remembered that I have to use a card I don't normally use because they bank with some weird tax shelter in cypress that triggers my fraud protection

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i need to replay The Longest Journey someday.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

fo4: goddamn do I love putting a round in the suicider supermutant's bomb arm :cool:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

fo4: goddamn do I love putting a round in the suicider supermutant's bomb arm :cool:

same except killing them without detonating the bomb and looting a mininuke

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

kalstrams posted:

i know its very cheap of me, but god drat it why is witcher 3 not $20

because it's six months old and worth $50?

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I like to wait until they're right beside somebody else

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

you should be payed to play any of the witcher games cause their basically thankless jobs

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Cat Face Joe posted:

you should be payed to play any of the witcher games cause their basically thankless jobs

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

two things goons love that I will never quite understand are obsidian and the witcher

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
c sotfs s: got dang there are a lot of npc invasions in this game

i think a real person invaded me too but my halberd broke on the first swing. shoulda just used the repair powder :eng99:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

witcher 3 is by far the best witcher, and it's pretty cool overall, but it's not the second coming of christ like people think it is

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

"i hear this movie is great but there's a guy giving you charlie horses through the whole thing"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the thing that made me maddest was when people promised the combat in the witcher 2 was just like dark souls. it is nothing like dark souls

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

i guess i'm the only one playing jc3. trip report: it's more of the same, with better graphics. that engine still looks amazing. I'm finding the controls a little more finicky this time around but i think maybe that's just the ageing process

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Al! posted:

the thing that made me maddest was when people promised the combat in the witcher 2 was just like dark souls. it is nothing like dark souls

who said that, nobody should say that

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Al! posted:

if anything this is a massive indictment of both games

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Blackula69 posted:

who said that, nobody should say that

a bunch of people said that. I only found out it was not true after I bought it horns.aiff

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Blackula69 posted:

i guess i'm the only one playing jc3. trip report: it's more of the same, with better graphics. that engine still looks amazing. I'm finding the controls a little more finicky this time around but i think maybe that's just the ageing process

nah im having a blast with it as well

gonna see about liberating the lower island tonite

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i mean

witcher combat has a lot of rolling right

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Notorious QIG posted:

same except killing them without detonating the bomb and looting a mininuke

but that's not nearly as fun or hilarious

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

witcher combat is so bad that i turned the difficulty for witcher 3 to minimum and enjoy the game much better now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

reminder that this is one of the witcher 3's difficulty options

• Locked thread