Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The roads are loving dry :shrug:

The jeep had scratches. the buick was fuuuuuuuuuuucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer
the answer is always texting

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I bet the Buick driver brought up the sun being in their eyes at least once.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Just saw a Citroen C1 get hosed up after trying to cut in front of a city bus at traffic lights.

Which is a fair call, I can see how you'd not notice this in your blind spot:

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!
HGV driver acts like an entitled oval office shocker

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-34933345

Bonus self righteous center lane hogger who had to wait three hours for the police to turn up because of this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-34981901

Driver of a reported stolen car runs from the police across an open motorway and Darwin wins

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

Just saw a Citroen C1 get hosed up after trying to cut in front of a city bus at traffic lights.

Euston, we have a problem

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
And now for your occasional breath of fresh air

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Powershift posted:

The roads are loving dry :shrug:

The jeep had scratches. the buick was fuuuuuuuuuuucked.

You know as well as I do that, to Calgary drivers, just having snow visible near the road is an excuse to lose any shred of driving skill they once possessed.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

As much as I liked the old double deckers from when I was a kid I have to say that's a lovely bus. :allears:

EDIT: This sort of model...

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
watched two old people in buicks take each other head on at like 3 mph. one was trying to turn right out of a parking lot and the other was trying to turn into the parking lot and i dont even know how they did it they just rolled into each other

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

go3 posted:

watched two old people in buicks take each other head on at like 3 mph. one was trying to turn right out of a parking lot and the other was trying to turn into the parking lot and i dont even know how they did it they just rolled into each other

Maybe they're trapped in that one buick commercial where they're so goddamn beautiful that when one comes down the road, they stare at it wistfully until it passes. Forgetting that they're inside one.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

It gets confusing with half the cars with no headlights on and the other half with their highbeams on.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Dick Trauma posted:

As much as I liked the old double deckers from when I was a kid I have to say that's a lovely bus. :allears:

EDIT: This sort of model...

Oh yeah those were kind of great except: absolute deathtrap because you'll fall down the back stairs and off it when it's icy/wet, and the upstairs is horribly cramped. Also not wheelchair accessible at all. They still run in service on a couple of routes though.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Oh yeah those were kind of great except: absolute deathtrap because you'll fall down the back stairs and off it when it's icy/wet, and the upstairs is horribly cramped. Also not wheelchair accessible at all. They still run in service on a couple of routes though.

Still better than bendy busses.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Foxtrot_13 posted:

HGV driver acts like an entitled oval office shocker

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-34933345

Bonus self righteous center lane hogger who had to wait three hours for the police to turn up because of this

So two wrongs can make a right after all.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

On a rainy day I loved being able to dash up those stairs so I could ride up top and watch the water stream over the windows. For a little kid they seemed like the coolest ride short of an L-1011.

Of course riding buses in England at that time did have its downsides:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Riding down a main road last night, guy sitting in a parking lot on the right side waiting to pull out, waits for the last possible second as I'm just about to pass him, lurches out slowly in front of me so I have to nearly emergency brake, rides his brakes the next mile and a half on his cell phone.

I was really tempted to pass him across the double yellow but a third of a mile on a cop pulled out behind me and then rode MY rear end behind the guy riding his brakes.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Sometimes you literally have to share the road with people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n9tDlnke2s

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

IOwnCalculus posted:

Sometimes you literally have to share the road with people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n9tDlnke2s

Holy poo poo :stare:. Hope you had your emergency pants handy.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Thankfully it didn't necessitate a full on panic stop because I had seen the absolute faintest bit of motion past my headlights and my brain interpreted it as something going fucky so I was already slowing down well before I figured out what the gently caress was actually going on.

I have no loving clue why someone was skateboarding on a section of 45MPH road with zero streetlights, no sidewalk (that's just bare dirt on the right), and nothing but black non-reflective clothing on. Part of me honestly thought it was a hilariously failed attempt at a Better Call Saul scam.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I saw something similar last night. Guy jogging down the road just cut out into traffic without looking. I was already stopped for traffic in front of me, but he almost got wrecked by the F150 in the lane next to me. Looked like he was wearing Navy PT gear, but nothing reflective.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Deeters posted:

I saw something similar last night. Guy jogging down the road just cut out into traffic without looking. I was already stopped for traffic in front of me, but he almost got wrecked by the F150 in the lane next to me. Looked like he was wearing Navy PT gear, but nothing reflective.

Then he was obviously out of uniform.

or does the Navy not wear those?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Safety Dance posted:

Then he was obviously out of uniform.

or does the Navy not wear those?

ugh trigger warning that poo poo. I remember the smell of alcohol and sweat in a choking cloud in those stupid runs.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I'm getting more convinced every time I leave my home that factories have been using light-absorbant black dye in clothing without telling us.

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

sleepy.eyes posted:

Forgot one of the best sights from the trip! Some dude was patiently waiting in the two way center turn lane when an idiot trying to get into a parking lot about 2 car lengths behind them decides the best course of action would be to pull in about a foot from the other dude's hood so neither of them can go anywhere!

This happened to me last night! I was making a left into a parking lot and got into the turning lane to slow down about 50'-100' away from the entrance, as I do so I notice that someone else is a couple hundred feet away in the center lane and closing on me. I stop my car and he keeps coming, and the only turn-in is to a place behind me. He gets right up to me and stops. I put my blinker on to get back in the lane of travel to go around and as I do this he tries to get into that lane too so he can drive down the wrong side of the road for a while? I don't know what he was thinking. Thankfully he stopped when he saw me get over, and I just tucked back in behind him to my parking lot, not two car lengths behind him.

It was the strangest thing. Merged into the center lane waaay too soon, blocked my turn, then attempted to drive down the wrong side of the road.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

MrLonghair posted:

I'm getting more convinced every time I leave my home that factories have been using light-absorbant black dye in clothing without telling us.

i nearly pasted a dude who was about to step out behind a light control box or something into the street while wearing all loving black. he hesitated for just a second which stopped me from having an even worse week of 2 blow outs and getting a guy scraped out of my windshield

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

SneakyFrog posted:

ugh trigger warning that poo poo. I remember the smell of alcohol and sweat in a choking cloud in those stupid runs.

I was always so impressed with the guys who could show up drunk to a group run and be fine.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Witnessed some hero pull this off this morning. Two illegal u-turns.. first one was a "what the gently caress dude" the other he ran a red arrow to do it.

I was the purple dot and was able to follow him as my light turned green. No loving clue where they could be going because I lost sight of them in my mirrors as I drove off, there's nothing there that could have required a route like that. Except slack jawed stupidity.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

El Jebus posted:

I was always so impressed with the guys who could show up drunk to a group run and be fine.

quote:

So the only part about this curse of recruiting potentials for the marine corps that isn't utterly miserable is loving with the people that have already signed up. Now, we don't want to scare them off entirely, so we can't just sit there and be like, "You're going to die in bootcamp!" But we can be completely insane with each other in front of them, and let them draw that conclusion on their own. So we're told to take the poolees on a 1.5 mile run today. No staff nco's there, so we're like, "Fuckit. There's two recruits, there's eight of us ... four mile run." So we start running and I had just had a monster energy drink, the lo ball kind, which is red. That's a dumbass's recipe for disaster, but I really wanted one so I had one anyway. It dehydrates you, gives you cramps, and makes you puke. So we've been running like half a mile and without breaking pace I casually puke onto the side of the road, and keep running. Among marines this is normal behavior, so no one even says anything, but the recuruit is looking like, "Wtf, did that guy just puke without stopping?"

And he's like, "Dude! Are you alright!" I'm like, "KEEP RUNNING!" and I speed up a little bit, chuckling inside. And then it really hits me and I'm like, going full speed, just hurling all over the side of the road, wiping my mouth, running, hurling and he looks at the puke and he goes, "OH MY GOD ARE YOU PUKING BLOOD!"

And I go, "THAT'S NOT BLOOD IT'S CONFIDENCE AAAAGGGHHHHH!!!" And I just blast off like a little red streaming rocket ship. I look behind me and this kid seriously look like he's just about to piss his pants, like, "Oh my god, what the gently caress have I gotten myself into?" I got up to the front and this marine looks at me and goes, "Were you really puking up blood?" I'm like, "No devil, it's monster," and he just laughs, he's like, "You're going to hell."

That's it. I was chuckling inside all the way home. I hope he doesn't sleep well again until he gets to boot camp.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Look, cabbie, I get it that it's stupid that playground zones extend to 9PM when the sun has been going down at 4:30, but you still have to pay attention to them, goddamn! Also, if you didn't know where we were going, the correct behaviour was to put it into google maps before we left, not as we're driving down a busy street and you're drifting casually between two lanes.

Yeah, and Uber is too dangerous...

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Jesus gently caress, I'm a witness in a criminal case and one of the cases being heard ahead of the case I was subpoenaed for is a guy who has had 4 DUIs since 2008, including two within a month between August and September of this year.

Judge is ripping the guy a new rear end in a top hat though, I guess sometimes there is justice in the world :unsmith:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Geoj posted:

Jesus gently caress, I'm a witness in a criminal case and one of the cases being heard ahead of the case I was subpoenaed for is a guy who has had 4 DUIs since 2008, including two within a month between August and September of this year.

Judge is ripping the guy a new rear end in a top hat though, I guess sometimes there is justice in the world :unsmith:

I hope he goes to prison already.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
Eh, 4 DUIs in 7 years doesn't sound too bad. Unless he committed vehicular manslaughter, then by all means send him to federal pound you in the rear end prison.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

What's wrong with you? One DUI in your entire life is too many.

In Canada (Ontario at least), after a third DUI your driver's license is permanently revoked. (First one is 30 days, second one is up to one year, third one you never drive again, plus all the fines and jail time)

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Dec 7, 2015

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Uh, one DUI ever is bad and should result in a terminated license. Four is bullshit and they should never be allowed inside a motorized vehicle ever again.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Crotch Fruit posted:

Eh, 4 DUIs in 7 years doesn't sound too bad. Unless he committed vehicular manslaughter, then by all means send him to federal pound you in the rear end prison.

Yes, yes... have him raped!! That's justice

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Prison: known for solving substance abuse issues.

This isn't saying that you shouldn't br punished, but when you get a second or third DUI, basically nothing is done to address those issues and prevent the next one.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I'll take "DUI" with a pinch of salt unless I know all the details. Aren't there some proper bullshit laws that'll see you get hit with one in a situation that isn't even close to the "drunk driver endangering others" scenario that immediately comes to mind from the acronym?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Crotch Fruit posted:

oh quit trolling.

BTW, DID YOU KNOW: In Massachusetts it is easier for a DUI offender to get a hardship license than it is for someone who got 7 exhaust, tail light, or failure to inspect tickets in 3 years. That is, the DUI offender can get one and the other guy can't, no matter what, gently caress you. Hell, it's probably easier for a second time DUI offender to get one than that rat bastard with the lovely car.

Our laws make sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

It's a shame that the only options I can think of are: Suspend license + fine (in which case he'll just drive illegally like he's been driving illegally) or prison (entirely too harsh, doesn't actually solve the problem). Like, I wish there was a way to render a person physically incapable of driving on a public road that didn't involve removing their hands or something.