Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Gaz-L posted:

To be fair, it would be pretty cool if we had the New Day AND a few other black wrestlers who were taken (and portrayed) more seriously at the top of the card.

Very true, but the thing to keep in mind is that this is from tumblr, and they want Naomi to be champion because she is "black and soooo athletic" and that think Balor's demon paint is blackface. So you gotta take anything they say about race with a few grains of salt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
ehhh shut up dude

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

ShootaBoy posted:

and that think Balor's demon paint is blackface.

If you look at black people's faces and see demons, you're the racist. Checkmate. :smug:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Gaz-L posted:

To be fair, it would be pretty cool if we had the New Day AND a few other black wrestlers who were taken (and portrayed) more seriously at the top of the card.

But people like Booker T don't become World Heavyweight Champion. :order:

And by that, I very obviously mean WCW guys. There's no racism in WWE at all. Just ask my father-in-law, Vince "what's good in the hood, my nigga" McMahon

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Ignoring that TNA ripped off WWE headlines wholesale for years LALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The Eric Young blatant rip of Daniel Bryan's storyline was great

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

DJExile posted:

The Eric Young blatant rip of Daniel Bryan's storyline was great

Don't even, man, TNA fans will never accept this premise. I've had this conversation a half dozen times with different people, it's ridiculous.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DynamiteKidd posted:

Don't even, man, TNA fans will never accept this premise. I've had this conversation a half dozen times with different people, it's ridiculous.

ERIC YOUNG HAD A BEARD FIRST

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Have they ever said that Triple H's reign as the shovel king is just a ripoff of Jeff Jarrett's run in TNA? Because that seems like a train of thought that'd work here.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
WWE also stole that thing from TNA where they took Sting from a big deal main attraction to just another guy.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
really wish WWE hadn't stolen TNA's tactic of being unbearably lovely

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Muddy Burphy posted:

WWE also stole that thing from TNA where they took Sting from a big deal main attraction to just another guy.

To be fair, TNA stole that from WCW.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

ParanoidInc posted:

really wish WWE hadn't stolen TNA's tactic of being unbearably lovely

Be fair now, WWE had that down pat long before TNA was a thing.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Pretty much all of Cageside Seats is a shithole, but I got a laugh out of this:

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2015/12/1/9827458/we-need-another-ruthless-aggression-speech-from-vince-mcmahon-for-the

quote:

Seriously.

On the June 24, 2002 edition of Monday Night Raw, Vince McMahon had the entire Raw roster standing on the apron, waiting to find out why they were there in the first place.

The subject of his speech was "ruthless aggression", finding out which superstars were willing to sacrifice everything in order to make it to the top of WWE.

He yelled, screamed, traded microphone exchanges with Booker T, got in the face of Bradshaw, Jeff Hardy, Bubba Ray Dudley, Rob Van Dam and even Trish Stratus. McMahon got under their skin, trying to find the inner aggression that he felt these superstars had, or lacked their of. It was highly motivational for the Raw roster that night.

They had just finished the Attitude Era, which ended the year prior once they acquired WCW in March of 2001. The Attitude Era went on from 1997-2001, and the company was embarking on a new era the following year, later dubbed "The Ruthless Aggression Era".

"Who among you wants it? That's all I'm asking. Who among you wants to become a superstar? Who among you is the next legend? Because if you don't want it, I drat sure don't want any of you!"

That's what Vince McMahon proposed in the middle of the ring to his roster (the brands were split at the time so he didn't give the speech to the ENTIRE roster but you get the point).

The need for the speech? Not sure. WWE was competing with themselves. No WCW. No ECW. They were competing from within as Raw and Smackdown split into two rosters. Some wrestlers from the Attitude Era either retired or left the company and it was up to the younger superstars to take advantage and make a name for themselves.

It wasn't the ratings because Raw was getting 3.5 and up during that time (slightly less than the Attitude Era).

It wasn't because it was a lack of talent (Brock Lesnar, Undertaker, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Kane, Big Show, Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero, Jeff Hardy, The Rock, Stone Cold, Rob Van Dam and more were on the roster)

Maybe Vince McMahon just wanted to see something different. Maybe he wanted to test the superstar's limits to see how far they will go to reach the brass ring. It was Raw vs Smackdown and he wanted Raw to be the victor and would stop at nothing to achieve that.

And this is the beauty of the WWE Network. The ability to go back and watch old Monday Night Raw's and see something epic and important. And you know what? For the current roster, how ratings have been dwindling down and the excitement just isn't there for us fans, whether it's Vince McMahon or Mr. McMahon, we need another Ruthless Aggression speech for THIS current roster.

It should be Vince. Not Triple H. Not Stephanie. Vince and Vince only. Why? Because for starters, we haven't seen him on television for quite sometime, and every time you hear the "No Chance in Hell" theme blast through the speakers, it does get the crowd hyped because they don't know which angle he's going to come from. A speech from Vince McMahon would be the last thing anyone would expect, and that's a good thing because nowadays, things have been too predictable.

He should have the entire roster (excluding the injured ones) standing on the apron to open Monday Night Raw and give them that same - or modified speech because many wrestling fans across the world would agree that they need it.

They need to be woken up. They need to find that inner aggression. Find out who REALLY wants it. Separate those who are just happy to be there, and those who want to become legends.

Some will say this won't work because Vince McMahon has the final say to everything. But at the same time, onus goes on the wrestlers as well. If they look like they don't really want it, then Vince won't give it to them.

"All I'm saying tonight is I simply want you to do one thing - if you have it in you, and if you want to get it out of you, all you gotta do is just reach up, REACH UP DAMMIT and take it!"

That's how Vince McMahon ended his speech.

A speech in front of the crowd from Vince to his roster would shake things up. The wrestlers would be on notice from here on out. Everything that follows would mean just a bit more.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The Network should have a half hour show where Vince interviews a random wrestler on the roster just because I really want to see that.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

The Network should have a half hour show where Vince interviews a random wrestler on the roster just because I really want to see that.

Him laughing at Bryan for 30 minutes, not asking a question, while Bryan gets progressively more visibly uncomfortable

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Chris James 2 posted:

Him laughing at Bryan for 30 minutes, not asking a question, while Bryan gets progressively more visibly uncomfortable

Or him taking questions from aol weekly

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

the bryan interview is just vince sobbing, with his only question being "why couldn't you be a foot taller?"

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Pretty much all of Cageside Seats is a shithole, but I got a laugh out of this:

"trying to find the inner aggression that he felt these superstars had, or lacked their of"

lacked their of

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

It's half an hour of Vince coercing Bryan to eat tofu in the same tone he used to get Droz to vomit in a trash can in Beyond the Mat.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Muddy Burphy posted:

No way, they took Sting from being a big deal main attraction to being dead. That's totally different.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

im glad hes dead

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

does that guy have a chad daddy avatar

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

World Elite is a way cooler stable name than League of Nations tbh.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
http://arrestnoragreenwald.blogspot.com/

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

OctoberCountry posted:

It's half an hour of Vince coercing Bryan to eat tofu in the same tone he used to get Droz to vomit in a trash can in Beyond the Mat.

HE'S GONNA...
I THINK HE'S GONNA...
HE'S GONNA EAT TOFUUUU!
HE'S GONNA EAT TOFUUUU!

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

NickRoweFillea posted:

does that guy have a chad daddy avatar

How is he supposed to get some honeys with the WWE? "Yo, baby, look at my booking!" Listen to him? You fuckin' laugh.
When he shows 'em Impact, honeys get all over his poo poo. maybe just jenna morasca

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

RZApublican posted:

Have they ever said that Triple H's reign as the shovel king is just a ripoff of Jeff Jarrett's run in TNA? Because that seems like a train of thought that'd work here.

Willing to bet no TNAMecca type watched pre-spike.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Yikes

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Yeah, that creepy-rear end Molly stalker's been online for years now. Guy's got about a dozen twitter & youtube accounts if you REALLY want to look for them. Don't know what she did to deserve it, tbh :(

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
what if he's right. what if it's all true.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Which leads to
http://teamcunt.blogspot.ca/

I mean, we're at secondary sources now. It's pretty much gotta be true.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

dsriggs posted:

Don't know what she did to deserve it, tbh :(

He outlines it pretty clearly

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

:allears:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

A billboard in every state!

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Which leads to
http://teamcunt.blogspot.ca/

I mean, we're at secondary sources now. It's pretty much gotta be true.

I want New Jack's opinion on this.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
March 2016: "WHY DOESN'T POP TV PROMOTE TNA ENOUGH?'?"

Hoss Corncave posted:

I want New Jack's opinion on this.
New Jack brought up Molly in a shoot interview once. He really likes her because one time, when they were both working independents, she offered him some of the sunflower seeds she was eating, without him even asking! I'm serious.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

dsriggs posted:

New Jack brought up Molly in a shoot interview once. He really likes her because one time, when they were both working independents, she offered him some of the sunflower seeds she was eating, without him even asking! I'm serious.

That's awesome :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Thank God she didn't offer him a 7-Up.