Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Javid posted:

Is there a tweak to port the split-screen multitasking thing to older devices? That's basically the only reason I'll ever be interested in 9.x on my iPad.

I just installed medusa and it works great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

Moose-Alini posted:

Does this work with anything but iTunes video and FaceTime? I tried YouTube and Netflix, being the only videos I ever watch and didn't get it working. Very possible I just had no idea what I was doing.
As Nostalgia suggested, the latest version increased the compatibility by a huge amount. The earlier versions were pretty much worthless because of it, but now it's a must-have for me. It works with just about everything I've tried it with - ProTube, Netflix, AirVideo, Amazon Prime, etc.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Anyone has issues with Messages.app closing immediately after launching? Just started this morning and I haven't changed anything recently.

Ezrem
Jan 23, 2006

spongeworthy posted:

Anyone has issues with Messages.app closing immediately after launching? Just started this morning and I haven't changed anything recently.

Have you messed with BytaFont/iOS 9.1 Emojis/Poomsmart's Emoji83+?

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

spongeworthy posted:

It's obvious but have you fully closed Messages? From the multi tasking window?

And obviously, try restarting it too.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Ezrem posted:

Have you messed with BytaFont/iOS 9.1 Emojis/Poomsmart's Emoji83+?

Thanks for the above replies, guys. It was indeed Emoji83+. I see now that it was likely triggered by an SMS sent with an emoji in it this morning. Cheers

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Any major apps update for jb ios9 that you guys have been keeping tabs on?

Tage got an update and still owns

If you don't have swipeselect well get it

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Dewgy posted:

You might get more help outside the jailbreaking thread. :v:

Try this: Change your Apple ID back to the old email online, sign out of iCloud, re-change to the new email, sign in to iCloud. Should get it, and if the old email isn't working it's no big because you don't have to verify the change.

Super late but this advice is pro, Apple offers 0 warning for what happens if you change your Apple ID name while you have FMIP signed into an iOS device.

Old backups put the old name on too if that's what was attached at the time, which is super nasty

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Any major apps update for jb ios9 that you guys have been keeping tabs on?

Tage got an update and still owns

If you don't have swipeselect well get it

I use ShowALLChanges to see every update that is posted to Cydia.. helps keep track of old tweaks updating instead of just new releases or those I have installed. [Go into Cydia Sources > All Sources and uncheck those unnecessary categories you don't want to see]

As for other honorable mentions:

ASUpdateHider - hide app updates and those recently installed

DataMeter - keeps track of cellular data usage in the NC, and you can also replace carrier with a real-time monitor or have a floating window

BreadCrumbArrow - removes the "Back to <app>" portion after the < in the status bar

OpenNotifier9 - updated some time in the past few weeks

Calendar for Lockscreen - self explanatory and awesome

LittleBrother - i'm sure everyone uses this already but just in case, you can get more space by changing your zoom level, also home screen landscape for non+ devices

TimeUntilAlarm - places countdown until next alarm on lockscreen

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Nov 21, 2015

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
Is there a tweak to stop iOS 9 from nagging you loving daily to update?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
What do you mean exactly? I don't get any notifications to update and can't remember ever getting them on older OS versions either.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe
It's this thing. https://i.imgur.com/KF9CLxC.jpg

People say to go into Settings > General > Storage and iCloud Usage > Manage Storage and delete the update. I don't even see one there. Tired of this poo poo popping up daily.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Does this work?
https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/3qlywr/question_looking_for_a_tweak_to_hide_my_ios_91/

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
How possible is it that 9.1 will be jailbreakable? I have been out of the loop for a year or so, but looking to update 2 iphones and an ipad and try it out again.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

goodness posted:

How possible is it that 9.1 will be jailbreakable? I have been out of the loop for a year or so, but looking to update 2 iphones and an ipad and try it out again.

Maybe, maybe not. 9.2 is right around the corner too.

9.0.2 and lower is still jailbreakable. And no, there is no way to downgrade your phone unless you have an iPhone 4S and want to downgrade to 6.1.3 or something.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Poala Bear posted:

you have an iPhone 4S and want to downgrade to 6.1.3 or something.
:stare:
Wait, what? How would one do this?

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

eightysixed posted:

:stare:
Wait, what? How would one do this?

You have to be jail broken to begin with (so on 9.0.2 or lower), but there's a PC program OdysseusOTA that can downgrade your iPhone 4S down to 6.1.3.

I also heard rumors that the 4S can still be downgraded to 8.4.1 because it's still being signed by Apple. But only for the 4S. I have no idea since I have a 4 stuck on 7.1.2 and not a 4S.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

The phone is, in fact, a 4S. Wife updated it without thinking she'd lose jailbreak. I'll look into it. Thanks :)

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Poala Bear posted:

Maybe, maybe not. 9.2 is right around the corner too.

9.0.2 and lower is still jailbreakable. And no, there is no way to downgrade your phone unless you have an iPhone 4S and want to downgrade to 6.1.3 or something.

The phones and iPad are on 8.1 or 8.4, iirc I can't upgrade to just 9.02 as only 9.1 is signed?,

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
You can't go to 9.0.2, only to 9.1.
But if they are running 8.1 as opposed to 8.4 then you can JB that, then run the downgrader. Presumably.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
There was a million dollar reward to the first iOS 9 jailbreak, and that seems to have gotten results. Was thinking about a Kickstarter that jailbreak users could give a few bucks to give some incentive, but guessing that would surely be against the rules.

Just patience will be rewarded, always has been.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

has there ever been a time when people thought for sure a jailbreak wasn't coming and it didn't? I mean it's never been longer than 6 months. Love when on IOS6 or whatever the gently caress it was everyone was convinced it was the last JB ever since that jb dude got hired by Apple but then China comes from left field

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

has there ever been a time when people thought for sure a jailbreak wasn't coming and it didn't? I mean it's never been longer than 6 months. Love when on IOS6 or whatever the gently caress it was everyone was convinced it was the last JB ever since that jb dude got hired by Apple but then China comes from left field

Nah, minor versions have been skipped a few times, but I don't think two minor versions in a row have been.

If they are close on a 9.1 jailbreak, the smart move would be to sit on it and hope the same exploit is there on 9.2 if not then they'll know when the betas come out.

Edit: there a million dollar bounty out for a REMOTE jailbreak right now but I don't think that's been a thing since like ios4

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Who's paying that money though? Chinese companies?

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Who's paying that money though? Chinese companies?

'Security' companies of the type that pay for exploits for themselves. Not talking kaspersky labs here

Edit: actually it appears the million dollar bounty for a remote untethered jailbreak for iOS 9.1 and 9.2 has been claimed...

https://www.zerodium.com/ios9.html

Yet we still don't have a local jailbreak...

Moose-Alini fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Dec 2, 2015

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe

Didn't try that but my phone stopped nagging me every drat night for some reason. I know for sure I didn't delete any update because I couldn't find it.

After using Medusa on my plus I really wish I hit the window for my iPad Air. It isn't a killer feature for me but there are times when running two things comes very much in handy.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ios 9.2 released today

supposedly the jb that pangu was working on works on 9.1 and 9.2, but not confirmed yet

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Any way to get the new updated emojis via jb?

Having a tough time flirting with the honeys

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 12, 2015

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Any way to get the new updated emojis via jb?

Having a tough time flirting with the honeys

Just text them back all like "hey baby sorry i cant see your emojis because im running some sick jailbreaks and cydia repos on my phone" and that'll make them want you more, bro

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
These "update to 9.2" popups are really sapping my will to wait for the jailbreak. Apple finally figured out my only weakness, minor annoyances

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Yea, these are more frequent than I remember.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Isn't there some tweak you can install to prevent that? I have not gotten a single one, regardless.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah I've never gotten them if I was jailbroken but I never did anything for it

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Also haven't gotten one and did nothing in particular to disable.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

to the guys complaining about that are you actually jailbroken lol

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

No because there isn't a jb for 9.1, right? I don't follow the status of that, but whenever I see there is an update to iOS i think about it

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

eightysixed posted:

Wife updated it without thinking she'd lose jailbreak.

That pretty much answers that, unfortunately :smith:

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

You can remove those annoying as poo poo popups by deleting the update file from your phone. Don't need to be jail broken.

It's in Settings > General > Storage and iCloud Usage > Manage Storage
Then delete the iOS 9.2 file.

I've seen some people say the file doesn't exist in there for them, so not sure what to do then. But the above worked for me for the 9.1 popups and 9.2.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm of those people for which the update never showed up for me to delete even though it was nagging me daily. Think what might have worked for me might be doing:

Settings > App and iTunes Stores and under automatic turn off updates.

Which I'm see ute is just app updates but I dunno. Tried a bunch of poo poo I can't remember but at least I'm not getting nagged anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Rumor has it that 9.2 jailbreak will be out before the new year. I think we got it as a Christmas present last year!

• Locked thread