Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mr Beens posted:

In the Justice League cartoons it was both at the same time :)

Yeah all I know about Hawkman's origins is don't even try to get it straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Loved the episode. Please tell Patty already.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

zoux posted:

Yeah all I know about Hawkman's origins is don't even try to get it straight.

So the reincarnation/starting as Egyptian priests angle was introduced relatively recently (around 2000 I think) in JSA in order to try and get the continuity straight. Previously there had been a golden age Hawkman and a silver age Hawkman from space, but because of different events and series the timelines got all muddled such that they had to have two Hawkmen from space arriving at different times while the golden age Hawkman "came out of retirement" to fill in some gaps.

The reincarnation thing was a way to explain why there were multiple completely unconnected dudes who got the idea to dress as a Hawk and fight crime at different points.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Xtanstic posted:

Please tell Patty already.

Yes please. Rip that bandaid off, for everyones sake.

Cool episode all in all, guy who played Vandal Savage was super intense and it was great!

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Did i miss part of the episode or are people spoiling something that will happen on Arrow?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Whole lot happening in this episode, but the two things that stood out most for me were:

- Neal McDonough was just having so much fun with his inconsequential little cameo. I love it when you can tell an actor is having an inordinately good time.

- Ciara Renée has some insanely perfect eyebrows. They are hella on fleek.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Teron D Amun posted:

So Savage kills Olivers son tonight and hes the one in the grave from the first Arrow episode right? Its been almost 6 months now so it would fit.

Nah, the gravestone isn't until the end of the season. And it's virtually guaranteed Damian Darhk killed whoever is in the grave. Savage is moving over to Legends of Tomorrow after tonight's ep. The Oliver's son stuff is just them finally following up on an old thread.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Phylodox posted:

Whole lot happening in this episode, but the two things that stood out most for me were:

- Neal McDonough was just having so much fun with his inconsequential little cameo. I love it when you can tell an actor is having an inordinately good time.

HAHAH WHAT WAS THAT!!!!

One of the reasons that the new wave of comic books shows and movies are so good is that decent actors are willing to commit completely to, lets be real, ridiculous concepts.

Also I'm almost starting to like Harrison-2 more than Harrison...

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Is next week the mid-season finale? How long of a break are we gonna get?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Xtanstic posted:

Is next week the mid-season finale? How long of a break are we gonna get?

Isn't this crossover episode two part the mid season finale?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Guy A. Person posted:

So the reincarnation/starting as Egyptian priests angle was introduced relatively recently (around 2000 I think) in JSA in order to try and get the continuity straight. Previously there had been a golden age Hawkman and a silver age Hawkman from space, but because of different events and series the timelines got all muddled such that they had to have two Hawkmen from space arriving at different times while the golden age Hawkman "came out of retirement" to fill in some gaps.

The reincarnation thing was a way to explain why there were multiple completely unconnected dudes who got the idea to dress as a Hawk and fight crime at different points.

This should make it easy to understand:

Flashpoint happened recently and Hawkman is back to being a dude with Nth Metal stuff and a general hardass.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Man I am so happy that most of my DC knowledge comes from the TAS' and JL/U.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Drifter posted:

Isn't this crossover episode two part the mid season finale?

Oh I don't know that's why I'm asking. I was going off of AoS's scheduling.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm pretty sure there are episodes next week.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

zoux posted:

I'm pretty sure there are episodes next week.

In which one of the cliffhangers will be whether Patty finds out Barry's the Flash.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I'd actually love for Carter to stick around if only to manufacture the political rivalry he has against Ollie in the comics.

It didn't even occur to me that, at one various points of the episode, scenes were being comprised entirely of JLA members.

Fifthfiend
Mar 24, 2014
I like how in S1 Flash dodged a bullet that had already come into contact with his skin and in this ep he gets hit by a thrown knife and ganked by hawkman

I need to come up with some kind of clever name for flash jobber moments

ps: hi brianwilly!

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Fifthfiend posted:

I like how in S1 Flash dodged a bullet that had already come into contact with his skin and in this ep he gets hit by a thrown knife and ganked by hawkman

I find myself annoyed by poo poo like this when it leads to drama. Stupid plot things.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fifthfiend posted:

It's like the literal opposite of Plot Armor.

Fifthfiend
Mar 24, 2014

zoux posted:

Also I'm almost starting to like Harrison-2 more than Harrison...

he has the whole "not actually a time travelling serial killer" thing going for him

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Fifthfiend posted:

To be fair, he's running at like 1/3 speed right now.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Fifthfiend posted: