Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

So Trump is being interviewed live right now.

By Alex Jones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

zoux posted:

Is there any truth to the Lost Causer/States' Rights claims that the South was on the verge of abolishing slavery themselves? Seems to me like you wouldn't go to war over a thing you're about to get rid of anyway.
Given that the CSA explicitly forbade the banning of slavery, hahahahaha no.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

gradenko_2000 posted:

The idea behind this is based on historical hindsight: the industrial revolution would have changed up economics and manufacturing so much that slavery would no longer have been a feasible backbone for the Southern economy and they would have had to either adapt or collapse.

this is true, they would have had to adapt or collapse. the difference being that lost causers take it as an inevitable redemption as the south realizes slavery is Bad, but in reality it would have been a horrible mess as white supremacy collides headlong with economic reality in the confederate supreme court

gradenko_2000 posted:

It's also largely BS, as the Southeners only ever had plans to expand slavery at the time.

yeah, expanding slavery seemed like a winning proposition in 1860. less so in 1880 as global cash crops moved towards things the south couldn't grow, like rubber. best case scenario for southern planters is to risk massively pissing off britain by selling the bulk of african american slaves to brazil

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

"The CSA was JUUUUST about to abolish slavery" thing reminds me of libertarians complaining every time something happens at all at the expense of a company and they say that the free market was just on the verge of doing it anyway and we ruined it by forcing them.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Popular Thug Drink posted:

less so in 1880 as global cash crops moved towards things the south couldn't grow, like rubber.

Didn't the CSA have aspirations of conquering Mexico/South America and establishing a White Supremacist Empire?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The South would have ended slavery eventually.

Like, in 1950 or something, but eventually!

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
another problem with the continued existence of the CSA is that it was unpopular, like all of the slaves would have found very good reason to escape to the north asap but many white southerners rejected secession as well and the 1864 southern landscape was rotten with deserters, bandits, and military police militias all sniping at each other, so there would almost certainly be a large exodus of southern whites from the border states to the north if not the unsecession of chunks of states like tennessee triggering civil war 2

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Fix posted:

By Alex Jones.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Every so often, that question to Palin about what sort of newspapers she read pops into my head, and I just sit back and smile thinking about her answer. It really boggles my mind how any VP nomination ever could have said "all of them." :allears: Lovely.

Fix posted:

By Alex Jones.

How does Trump feel about the lizard and mole people living underground?

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

"Huckabee used to be fat"

lol

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Riosan posted:

Every so often, that question to Palin about what sort of newspapers she read pops into my head, and I just sit back and smile thinking about her answer. It really boggles my mind how any VP nomination ever could have said "all of them." :allears: Lovely.

I'll bet she reads all the Terms & Conditions too.

She's Levar Burton's dream pupil.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

In Austin we get the infowars magazine for free alongside the super saver and alt weekly, and it is just wall to wall ads for the craziest poo poo you've ever heard of.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

McDowell posted:

Didn't the CSA have aspirations of conquering Mexico/South America and establishing a White Supremacist Empire?

yeah but this would not have been likely, the south might possibly have had the military resources to pull off an invasion of mexico but all of their geopolitical moves would have been with the north watching and waiting for any chance to pounce. like the north has to be so demoralized as to not invoke monroe doctrine against what it sees as an illegitimate treason state

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Riosan posted:

How does Trump feel about the lizard and mole people living underground?

Jones is barely containing himself from going completely off the leash and is now veering between comparing Trump to George Washington and asking him point blank to confirm that he's not a Clinton operative.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
http://www.vox.com/2015/12/1/9828086/donald-trump-media

Interesting take on the media/Trump interplay and I found myself thinking it's pretty accurate. Traditional media is starting to creak at the seams and Trump is just doing the same carnival barker poo poo he's been doing his whole life, only the rules have changed to let the inmates run the asylum.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

zoux posted:

In Austin we get the infowars magazine for free alongside the super saver and alt weekly, and it is just wall to wall ads for the craziest poo poo you've ever heard of.

You can't throw is kind of comment up without details or pictures. I want to know what kind of junk is being marketed towards the aspiring white supremacist/conspiracy theorist.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Fix posted:

By Alex Jones.

Has anyone checked on Reince Priebus lately? For all we know he could be dead right now, surrounded by empty cases of Pepto-Bismol.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Has anyone checked on Reince Priebus lately? For all we know he could be dead right now, surrounded by empty cases of Pepto-Bismol.

Trump tricked him into saying his name backwards and he was sucked back into his cursed puzzle box.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

rkajdi posted:

You can't throw is kind of comment up without details or pictures. I want to know what kind of junk is being marketed towards the aspiring white supremacist/conspiracy theorist.

Seeds, gold, and "all natural brain power" supplements.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
somebody call in and ask him if jet fuel can melt steel beams

please

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
If bailouts are outlawed, only outlaws will get bailouts.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

McDowell posted:

There was a group of Southern white supremacists called the Knights of the Golden Circle that wanted to expand the CSA and slavery into Mexico, Central America, South America, Cuba and the whole Caribbean, although I don't think they had any real political influence on the CSA as a whole and their wishful thinking was mostly just that.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Wasn't there some crazy CSA dude who became White God Emperor of a central American country for awhile?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

rkajdi posted:

Find your own!: http://store.infowars.com/

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

I am the very strategic placement of the word "may".

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
I know I'm a couple pages late to the "CNN is terrible" train, but it made me remember the part from Ted Rall's* To Afghanistan and Back where he calls out CNN staff on refusing to ever haggle or negotiate; they'd just pay whatever anyone asked, in cash, no matter how exorbitant or absurd. Naturally, this got all the journalists that came afterwards targeted as complete idiots who were strapped with cash, and resulted in robberies/muggings/murders. gently caress CNN.

*I know D&D hates Rall, for good reason, but this was an autobiographical dealie from right before the war in Afghanistan, way before he went full power-mad and crazy.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Radbot posted:

Wasn't there some crazy CSA dude who became White God Emperor of a central American country for awhile?

William Walker in Nicaragua, but that preceded the CSA.

(As did the Knights of the Golden Circle.)

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fix posted:

Seeds, gold, and "all natural brain power" supplements.

The last two I get, but seeds? Are we talking weed, or do some of these keyboard revolutionaries planning on farming after "poo poo hits the fan"?

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Gravel Gravy posted:

I am the very strategic placement of the word "may".

Also it "is designed to..."

At no point does it say that it actually does anything.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

rkajdi posted:

The last two I get, but seeds? Are we talking weed, or do some of these keyboard revolutionaries planning on farming after "poo poo hits the fan"?

The latter.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

So snake oil supplements. After seeing the one juice bro douchebag go full anti-feminist (cenrovinch or something similar) over GG stuff, I really wondered if there was a big crossover between health supplement peddlers and wingnuts.

Is it mostly this lovely more energy stuff, or do they go right down the Enzyte cock pill rabbithole?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Fix posted:

By Alex Jones.

:911:

Maybe he is angling for a spot in the (gilded and outrageous) Trump Cabinet.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

rkajdi posted:

So snake oil supplements. After seeing the one juice bro douchebag go full anti-feminist (cenrovinch or something similar) over GG stuff, I really wondered if there was a big crossover between health supplement peddlers and wingnuts.

Is it mostly this lovely more energy stuff, or do they go right down the Enzyte cock pill rabbithole?

That and stuff for after It Finally Happens. Decades worth of emergency canned food, water and air filtration systems, gold, etc.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

I first read that as "help energize midichlorian function", which, I guess, it has just about as much a chance of actually doing...

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

4.7 stars out of 5, with 179 reviews. loving unreal man.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
that's directly from the infowars website, so i assume there are moderators carefully curating product listings for "biased" reviews

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Unzip and Attack posted:

4.7 stars out of 5, with 179 reviews. loving unreal man.

And all of their votes count just as much as yours do! Democracy!

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Vegetarian capsules! 100% vegan!

For all we know they're capsules filled with lawn clippings going for almost ninety dollars a bottle.

I know, a fool and his money, etc. but someone should really go to jail for this poo poo.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Reminder that the Oprah military industrial complex sells just as bad and way more stuff to gullible white women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anchor Wanker
May 14, 2015
Amazing

http://imgur.com/tOUSjGX

• Locked thread