Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

kiimo posted:

Here's our very simple Deadpool released today.

Finally, a male superhero's butt on an official poster.

Perhaps Wade would like to model with these guys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

The MSJ posted:

i love just how few fucks they gave about photoshopping those sunglasses onto the dog and possibly also will ferrell

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

dreezy posted:

i love just how few fucks they gave about photoshopping those sunglasses onto the dog and possibly also will ferrell

The sunglasses are what you zero in on? How about the whole thing? That's composited from most likely individual protraits. The lighting is all over the place. Look at the shadows on Penelope Cruz vs. the folds on Mugato's robe thing.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

dreezy posted:

The dog's sunglasses were clearly just copy/pasted and scaled down from the pair Ferrell is 'wearing.'

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I didn't have to look but I did anyway. Yep. BLT did that poster. They are the chop kings. I'm not sure why Paramount insists on using them. I've never seen Art Machine or Refinery or Concept do that kind of thing ever.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

The MSJ posted:

The poster says Kristen Wiig, but it can't fool me - that's clearly Christina Applegate.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Penelope Cruz looks weird blown up to human size.

Like if you saw a corgi the size of a great dane.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

flosofl posted:

The sunglasses are what you zero in on? How about the whole thing? That's composited from most likely individual protraits. The lighting is all over the place. Look at the shadows on Penelope Cruz vs. the folds on Mugato's robe thing.

oh yeah, but that's par for the course with lovely posters. the sunglasses look like literal clipart

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

dreezy posted:

oh yeah, but that's par for the course with lovely posters. the sunglasses look like literal clipart

Yeah, taking a look back at it, those sunglasses are a whole other level of craptastic.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Based on the reflection they were probably actually on his face but I can't say the same for the dog.

I mean have you guys even seen a dog wearing glasses come on.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I always like to find the gently caress off huge versions of crappy posters, so here you go:

2113 × 3298
http://i.imgur.com/WWFIdT5.jpg

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cage posted:

I always like to find the gently caress off huge versions of crappy posters, so here you go:

2113 × 3298
http://i.imgur.com/WWFIdT5.jpg

Those are some really hosed up hands

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I'm more concerned with Owen Wilson's backwards feet.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

kiimo posted:

I didn't have to look but I did anyway. Yep. BLT did that poster. They are the chop kings. I'm not sure why Paramount insists on using them. I've never seen Art Machine or Refinery or Concept do that kind of thing ever.

It looks like a poster bt Entertainment Weekly. Which makes it perfect.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Indeed, it's probably not on purpose, but Zoolander 2 is one movie where a poorly photoshopped poster is going to get a pass from me. It fits.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
I just won this poster at a movie trivia night.

What's a good frame to throw it in? My walls are pretty bare and I have a few hooks.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

You're going to hang up and frame a poster just because it was free?

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

Mister Chief posted:

You're going to hang up and frame a poster just because it was free?

Well the movie was fantastic and I don't mind the look of it either. Plus I guess if I find a cooler poster I can replace it.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Replace it with a Nickelback poster

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I dont know what kind of frame but I know CD likes to sperg out at how close you mount it to your ceiling. So watch out for that.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Cage posted:

I dont know what kind of frame but I know CD likes to sperg out at how close you mount it to your ceiling. So watch out for that.

Personally, I made my walls out of framed posters, hth

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

make the poster your ceiling (get a pure white/silver/black frame)

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

spamman posted:

I just won this poster at a movie trivia night.

What's a good frame to throw it in? My walls are pretty bare and I have a few hooks.

Don't know of a good frame, but when you do hang it, make sure it lines up right against the edge of the ceiling.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

teagone posted:

Don't know of a good frame, but when you do hang it, make sure it lines up right against the edge of the ceiling.
Right on time, bro.

Cage posted:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

How expensive is it to frame a poster?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Vegetable posted:

How expensive is it to frame a poster?

Most Michael's/Jo-Anne Fabrics type stores will have 27x40 poster frames for around $20. If you want custom framing it gets pricy quick.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Cage posted:

Wait, were you the one who put your posters right at the top of your walls? If so :lol:

Wow, we're a bunch of spergs for knowing basic design.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Vintersorg posted:

Wait, were you the one who put your posters right at the top of your walls? If so :lol:

Wow, we're a bunch of spergs for knowing basic design.
No.

Basic design :lol:

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Cage posted:

No.

Basic design :lol:

Y are you so mad?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Ya'll doing exactly what I said you would do in my earlier post. Now get posting posters.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The laziest poster of the year.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I like the ms paint quality graffiti on the wall.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I got yelled at because my Mad Max posters were 14 feet below my cathedral ceiling.

Sorry I can't basic design. :(

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Cage posted:

Ya'll doing exactly what I said you would do in my earlier post. Now get posting posters.

Oh boy I wish I hadn't read those names

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I don't kow what the saddest/funniest/both part of this poster is, from the laziness, the MS Paint graffiti or the super short credit scroll at the bottom. No music, no editing, no production, etc.

Also, just a reminder that Edward Furlong started off as one of the lead roles in one of the biggest films ever made.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I like the floating half zombies. Certainly a new element to the zombie genre.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's kinda adorable, like a 5 year old's first attempt at photoshop.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Hat Thoughts posted:

Y are you so mad?

I honestly want to know this.

Edit: I mean you've been holding a grudge for a year now over some light ribbing about the comedic placement of someone else's posters. Jesus.

Wendell fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Dec 2, 2015

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

spamman posted:

Well the movie was fantastic and I don't mind the look of it either. Plus I guess if I find a cooler poster I can replace it.

You've seen it? How is Sly because he just won a supporting acting award from the National Board of Review but they have an agenda so I'm not sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Wendell posted:

I honestly want to know this.

Edit: I mean you've been holding a grudge for a year now over some light ribbing about the comedic placement of someone else's posters. Jesus.

A poorly hung poster killed their parents.

Edit: and I was that poorly hung poster