Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordNat
May 16, 2009
There are two type of people in Void Ark.
The type of people who die in the vomit spray and go "Oh well I need to avoid that" and the type that die in it and go "loving healers are letting us die".

How easy your weekly run is matters on how many of the first type for have.
I tend to get about 20 of the 2nt type each week so Void Ark is my hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

LordNat posted:

The type of people who die in the vomit spray and go "Oh well I need to avoid that" and the type that die in it and go "loving healers are letting us die".

I had someone last week rage at the tank, claiming he kept turning the boss towards him

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

My favorite VA players are the ones that accept a res on Cuchulain when the raid is eating a huge bleed stack and immediately die again on the first tick of said bleed stack.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
Why would you ever res anyone who died in VA?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Because it's an effortless one-button press and might make things go a little quicker so why not?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The only thing wrong with the Cuchulainn fight is that it uses uses the same old HW dungeon boss music instead of, say, FFXII's eidolon fight music to help impart an appropriate sense of dread and horror.

If pubs haven't learned by now that standing in front of a boss is generally a bad idea then nothing can help them.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
Conversely it's up to a 10 second cast and a butt load of mp you could have used to be more useful than that person was ever going to be.

bleuraindrops
Jun 22, 2011

Hyper Inferno posted:

Just a random thought that occurred to me for the crazies that do Wolf's Den PvP. To be truly optimal, would it be the case that you'd want to meld a crapton of Int/Mind Vs into the PvP gear in order to take full advantage of having access to both healing and damaging spells?

I don't play healer but I imagine for Den healers will want lots of vit since they're the tanks in Den. You don't get many opportunity to DPS really when someone's constantly trying to murder you.

Robo Reagan posted:

There's like three people globally who do Wolves Den unless something changed

Hey now there's at least 10+(!!!). In fact there's a premade tournament on Aether this Friday if people want to throw a team together and get rekt'd. Oh wait it was just canceled :V Also people are trying to get the weekly solo queue event started on Primal as well (we've been doing it for months now on Aether) so all you excal goons can try it out starting this Friday ~8EST to whenever iirc.

bleuraindrops fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Dec 2, 2015

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Probably going to be taking a semi-break from lvl/eso grind to blow poo poo up in a different Squeenix game.

(Wind-up Rico Rodriguez pls)

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Belzac posted:

Conversely it's up to a 10 second cast and a butt load of mp you could have used to be more useful than that person was ever going to be.

The rule of thumb is to raise everyone the first time. Eat a telegraph once, shame on you. Eat it twice, shame on me.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

quote:

Hi, i play on Phoenix as Sarul Shankul and today, after 2 months of playing, i did my first run of Bismark using the Duty Finder.

I have never had so much fun in an MMO (granted most of them made me stop before i got to endgame-ish content) andalmost all fo that is because of the Community. We spent the full 90 minutes wiping because we were all newbies, and not ONCE did anyone complain, shift the blame or get pissy. It's not just Bismarck either, learning to tank, learning dungeons as you level through helpful DF players, Fate Parties, ALL OF IT.

is because of the players. I love this game. because of you people.

Don't ever change.

My kokoro wish is to wipe for 90 minutes and time out with no one showing a hint of improvement ^^;

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Jia posted:

Because it's an effortless one-button press and might make things go a little quicker so why not?

Most of the Chuchu wipes I've seen were due to healers wasting all their MP rezzing the idiots who continually die to avoidable mechanics so they can't keep anyone alive through the healing check. It's basic triage.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

megalodong posted:

My kokoro wish is to wipe for 90 minutes and time out with no one showing a hint of improvement ^^;

{Same}

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

Belzac posted:

Why would you ever res anyone who died in VA?

it's funny to see how long it takes for them to die again.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
My favorite thing in Void Ark is when I'm in a group with a healer that doesn't realize that Cleric Stance is an ability he can use. This lets me just sit in Cleric Stance for the entire dungeon. A++ Sure, we might be missing out of a little dps from him not stance dancing, but that might mean I would occasionally need to stance dance and sometimes it's fun to just brainlessly DPS for a full void ark.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

LordNat posted:

Cuchulainn is an annoying boss if only because he'll usually vomit within the first 5 seconds of the fight. I generally expect that for the first 15-20 seconds of a fight, most people are idiots and it takes them 10 seconds alone to realize the fight has started then another 10 seconds to consider that they might want to move to a position other than where people were clumped to start. Since Cuchulainn vomits almost immediately, it is almost always targeted toward that massive clumped group and 3-5 people will drop dead.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

megalodong posted:

Being awful at this game is a point of pride for a fair chunk of the community. The amount if times I have seen people bring up "No one cares if your poo poo at the game" as a good reason to play FF14 is mind boggling.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
90% of my Cuchulainn wipes come from 3 healers eating the first vomit.

Chinese Batman
Jun 28, 2008

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Joined up with DGKK who seem to be chill dudes.

Doing the duty finder dungeon once a day seems like a pretty easy and fast way to level, I can't see myself failing to get a level a day at this rate. Course it'll drop off a cliff when I hit 50 I guess, but at least I should be 50 by like, this weekend.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

And the people who are rich are the smart people who enter school. There is a teacher(Parse) willing to teach kids who aren't rich. But just incase someone's report card might make them feel bad all school is banned. Doesn't "have a right". I'm not talking about rights on a peice of paper. Hopefully if there was a law that you had to be my slave, you'd say it's against human equality for that to be a thing. It's against human equality to allow one group of people access to self improvement and the other group isn't. Because of being *gasp* offended.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Joined up with DGKK who seem to be chill dudes.

Doing the duty finder dungeon once a day seems like a pretty easy and fast way to level, I can't see myself failing to get a level a day at this rate. Course it'll drop off a cliff when I hit 50 I guess, but at least I should be 50 by like, this weekend.

It's a good guild, no one cares if your poo poo at the game.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Ainsley McTree posted:

It's a good guild, no one cares if your poo poo at the game.

I'm not totally poo poo but I'm also not always totally sober when gaming.

Also hey, I recognize you from the work thread now. Whats your main class in XIV?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm not totally poo poo but I'm also not always totally sober when gaming.

Also hey, I recognize you from the work thread now. Whats your main class in XIV?

Sobriety is not encouraged, that's fine

My main is a dragoon but mostly I'm working on slowly getting a warrior to 60 now. The last 5 levels is the worst, so I'm mostly just popping on to do my LLDR and Trials roulette so I don't get burnt out by grinding too hard.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah once you hit 50 your leveling speed will drop because roulette and challenge log experience no longer increase with each level.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

YOU'RE NOT ALEXANDER

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

bleuraindrops posted:

I don't play healer but I imagine for Den healers will want lots of vit since they're the tanks in Den. You don't get many opportunity to DPS really when someone's constantly trying to murder you.

I'm talking truly absurd melding. Not just rightside accessories, but leftside too (which already has the regular amounts of VIT).

I was thinking about this when looking at lower lever caster gear and seeing how they don't separate INT and MIND yet.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah once you hit 50 your leveling speed will drop because roulette and challenge log experience no longer increase with each level.

I haven't really kept up with the changes to roulettes; once you hit 51+, is it more efficient to do the level 50 and main story roulettes once a day for XP now, or is it faster to just skip them and grind the highest dungeon you've unlocked?

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Hyper Inferno posted:

I'm talking truly absurd melding. Not just rightside accessories, but leftside too (which already has the regular amounts of VIT).

I was thinking about this when looking at lower lever caster gear and seeing how they don't separate INT and MIND yet.

HQ leftside gear is generally capped on VIT, you can't put more in there.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
Guess I'll give this another go since they've added the free four day login thingy. I wanted to do the ffxi rhapsody crossover event before it disappears.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

Challenge log caps, but I'm pretty sure roulette keeps increasing with level.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Vil posted:

Challenge log caps, but I'm pretty sure roulette keeps increasing with level.

This is correct. If you get Sastasha in LDR at level 59, you get like a million exp at the end.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

I got Sastasha at 58 and got just shy of 800k, I think.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

So why does everybody poo poo on void ark? Is it just super easy and there's no higher difficulty for it?

Sounds like some things have multiple difficulties and others don't? I gotta do some research on the end-game here.

The original 3 primals have normal/hard/extreme; most other endgame content, as well as many dungeons, have both normal and 'hard' difficulties. Hard-mode dungeons actually aren't hard, they just have different layouts, higher level enemies, and more interesting mechanics. Anything labeled 'extreme', 'savage', or 'minstrel's ballad' is going to be genuinely challenging. Anything that isn't any of those is probably going to be easy, with a few exceptions (T9/T13).

vOv fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Dec 3, 2015

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Ainsley McTree posted:

I haven't really kept up with the changes to roulettes; once you hit 51+, is it more efficient to do the level 50 and main story roulettes once a day for XP now, or is it faster to just skip them and grind the highest dungeon you've unlocked?

Pre-50 it can actually be more efficient to pick dungeons rather than doing the roulette at all, depending on your luck. Post-50 the roulette always wins though.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

nessin posted:

Pre-50 it can actually be more efficient to pick dungeons rather than doing the roulette at all, depending on your luck. Post-50 the roulette always wins though.

this is wrong if you have even a slight bit of rested experience

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Update to the patch special site, nothing really new, just confirmation that next relic step is Anima and some screenshots for the new possibly Hildibrand.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Oh no, more Gerolt.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

"A young researcher hailing from the Near East has come to Eorzea in search of aid. His field of study? Anime"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Kwyndig posted:

Update to the patch special site, nothing really new, just confirmation that next relic step is Anima and some screenshots for the new possibly Hildibrand.

Glad someone else picked up on that.

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

"A young researcher hailing from the Near East has come to Eorzea in search of aid. His field of study? Anime"

:gonk:

• Locked thread