Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The Avengers 2 one has that big pouch on his hip that looks like it's emulating the gun holster from the WWII suit but it serves no actual function.

E: I heard they're gonna be going for the scale-mail look in either Civil War or Avengers 3, I wonder if they'll try to work it as some version of Dragon Skin.

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Nov 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

New suits lookin' good, a bit tougher for sure, even though a bonded chestplate like that would keep you from even raising your arms, lol. Of course Tony's gonna be presented as the villain for this one, so :smith:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Toadstrieb posted:

New suits lookin' good, a bit tougher for sure, even though a bonded chestplate like that would keep you from even raising your arms, lol. Of course Tony's gonna be presented as the villain for this one, so :smith:

Wasn't the original point (however badly it might have been executed) of Civil War to show two sides trying to handle the same problem? Tony was the face of the authoritative approach while Cap was the more freedom of individual leader?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Trast posted:

Wasn't the original point (however badly it might have been executed) of Civil War to show two sides trying to handle the same problem? Tony was the face of the authoritative approach while Cap was the more freedom of individual leader?

That was certainly the expressed intent.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Trast posted:

One side fought for freedom and the other side had an illegal torture prison and had Venom and Bullseye on the payroll. Oh, and staged an assassination attempt on a foreign diplomat to make the anti side look like foreign invaders by having foreign allies. And had a murderous cybernetic clone of Thor. And forced children into military service and used them for black ops. It wasn't a situation where you can agree with either side, despite the marketing.

I extraordinarily doubt that Tony will be nearly that evil in the film, especially since he's the face of the Avengers now. Although he'll likely "lose" since it's a Captain America film.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Lurdiak posted:

One side fought for freedom and the other side had an illegal torture prison and had Venom and Bullseye on the payroll. Oh, and staged an assassination attempt on a foreign diplomat to make the anti side look like foreign invaders by having foreign allies. And had a murderous cybernetic clone of Thor. And forced children into military service and used them for black ops. It wasn't a situation where you can agree with either side, despite the marketing.

I extraordinarily doubt that Tony will be nearly that evil in the film, especially since he's the face of the Avengers now. Although he'll likely "lose" since it's a Captain America film.

God drat, yeah that sounds a lot worse than the general framing leads one to believe.

As for the movie I can't really be sure how Tony will come out given RDJ was out the door until he saw this script. I know it brought him back into the movie plan.

The costumes look good though. I know they aren't all perfect but they look less ridiculous than a lot of the DC movie costumes.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The guys making the movie recently said that both sides are equally "right", and want the audience to decide for themselves. Just the trailer has some people saying that Cap seems to be the bad guy in his own movie.

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

Keeshhound posted:

That was certainly the expressed intent.
Iron man lied, (super) people died. Seriously it was some bush did 9/11 poo poo but a good read

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Good look at BPs costume here.

Those claws son!

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Toadstrieb posted:

Iron man lied, (super) people died. Seriously it was some bush did 9/11 poo poo but a good read

Well, you're half right.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

zoux posted:

Those claws son!

I'm really excited for this movie. All the costumes look great so far.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

zoux posted:

Those claws son!

That's gonna hurt when he makes a fist.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

They retract like wolverine's claws! :eng101:

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Sockser posted:

They retract like wolverine's claws! :eng101:

Yeah. Or. Ya know. A panther's.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Amusingly, wolverines do not actually have retractable claws.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Since Wolverine's claws were originally going to be attached to his gloves, neither were his going to have been.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Those claws look like they'd tear off about five seconds after he tries to slash someone with them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's okay. They're vibranium. Primary goal is to look cool, since they're made of magic.

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011
Man, I had to hide my wallet from myself when I saw these...

All from: http://tamashii.jp/special/sw/lineup_mr.html

Gorgeous costume designs, though I guess SW may be a bit off topic

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Toadstrieb posted:

As long as YOSPOS has a cat thread, I think we can say goddamn Star Wars counts as on-topic here.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Toadstrieb posted:

Man, I had to hide my wallet from myself when I saw these...

All from: http://tamashii.jp/special/sw/lineup_mr.html

But the only thing different, apart from the coloration, is the head and torso.

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004

tribbledirigible posted:

But the only thing different, apart from the coloration, is the head and torso.

You know, and the shoulders, and thighs, so ya same gloves and boots I guess?

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

Mr.Booger posted:

You know, and the shoulders, and thighs, so ya same gloves and boots I guess?

makes sense for members of the same military force to share some equipment, I think?

Anyway, I love all of these. It's hard to update starwars designs without getting away from the McQuarrie simplicity (or 70s vibe, anyway) and not end up with

:smith: Though this design has some cool elements, it's so Metroid-y and overdone that it's hard to think "generic soldier made terrifying by anonymity/numbers", and I feel like these starwars samurai figures are a good compromise

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
Why is Boba Fett carrying a katana? Didn't Vader tell him "No Disintegrations?"

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Toadstrieb posted:

makes sense for members of the same military force to share some equipment, I think?

Anyway, I love all of these. It's hard to update starwars designs without getting away from the McQuarrie simplicity (or 70s vibe, anyway) and not end up with

I really like how sleek this is actually. Though bare in mind I grew up with GW Spacemarines and Blizzard's pauldronitis so any armor that actually looks mostly in proportion looks cool to me

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lord_Ventnor posted:

Why is Boba Fett carrying a katana? Didn't Vader tell him "No Disintegrations?"

Look at this baka gaijin

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

We got a peek at a new look for the Anti-Monitor in this week's Justice League #46

e: Previous looks https://dcmultiversehistorian.wordpress.com/2015/01/19/whats-the-deal-with-the-anti-monitor/

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Dec 17, 2015

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
So apocalypse?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

DC redesigns suck dude. That just looks like Apocalypse.. why are they so bad at this.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

We got a peek at a new look for the Anti-Monitor in this week's Justice League #46

e: Previous looks https://dcmultiversehistorian.wordpress.com/2015/01/19/whats-the-deal-with-the-anti-monitor/

hahaha

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

Hmm, let's see.

✔ brings the purity of oblivion

✔ forges new world in fire and blood

✔ doomed to struggle with such filth until the end of time

❓ there exists no freedom from him, only through him

✔ will purge the earth of these benighted humans

❓ is the rocks of the eternal shore

❌ not malevolent; simply is

❓ YOU PRESUME TO ATTEMPT TO DESTROY HIM, MUTANT

I'm going to disagree with the majority and say that this is most likely not Apocalypse.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I actually think the Anti-Monitor has looked pretty loving rad and gritty creepy throughout his existence so that is really disappointing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Green Lantern cartoon series did a hosed up thing with the Anti-Monitor, blowing up his head and then one of the main characters went evil and plopped herself in there controlling his body from his neck stump.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That's so Apocalypse that it should be lawsuit material.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
At least it's not movie Apocalypse.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Okay, time to take the pencils away from Jim Lee.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

Okay, time to take the pencils away from Jim Lee.

*Francis Manapul

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

Say Nothing posted:

At least it's not movie Apocalypse.

This makes me so sad. Why not CGI the hell out of this character ala the Hulk and go for one of his more interesting appearances in the comics canon? We're not expecting Lou Ferigno out there are we?

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
They definitely CGI'd him, if you watch the trailer he looks a lot better than that photo from Empire. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's perfect but it's more than I expected after seeing those pics from the set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Toadstrieb posted:

This makes me so sad. Why not CGI the hell out of this character ala the Hulk and go for one of his more interesting appearances in the comics canon? We're not expecting Lou Ferigno out there are we?

Have you seen the trailer? He's a lot more imposing than the goofy set photos.

It's funny looking at the Force Awakens premiere photos, Oscar Isaac is a pretty short guy.
He must've been on apple crates the entire shoot.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Dec 18, 2015

• Locked thread