Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

RanKizama posted:

gently caress it
This is a good reason tbqh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
I actually bought it too, I just hadn't had a chance to try it myself so I outlined the negatives mainly because I can't in good conscience recommend a tank without having played it.

Totally a consumer whore.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Mobility is average now but the gun is loving beastly for its tier. Not a bad buy considering I didn't have to shell out $50 on some inflated bullshit gold package with it.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
thanks for supporting my poo poo game lol

if any of you wants to be carried you can be ablative armor for my sarl 42 or my A-43

stephenfry fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Dec 2, 2015

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
If anything, it sounds like the T-28/85 is another ring of the death knell for the PzB2.

Still have to poo poo through 4314 APCR rounds on that thing.

That being said, hope all of you buying a T-28/85 love spending 250-500 extra gold on a second Russian medium radio operator you're unlikely to have lying around.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Dec 2, 2015

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

If anything, it sounds like the T-28/85 is another ring of the death knell for the PzB2.

That being said, hope all of you buying a T-28/85 love spending 250-500 extra gold on a second Russian medium radio operator you're unlikely to have lying around.

Why not just have a light tank radioman at 75% effective? I do it when training my 4 man Russian crews.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Went from 0% to 40% on my 2nd skill in one battle in my Cromwell B. :feelsgood:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Naw, the B2 gets three shot by it, but you can actually pen it in return unlike when facing a Matilda. Also, tier 6s.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

many excellent T6 medium tanks such as the Type 58 also have an 85 mm gun and thinner hull armor, making it an entirely fair fight for the T-28/85 :greencube:

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Psykmoe posted:

Welp, I caved in and updated the game. I hope I can trick Emy into playing again too, we were a great tier6 team.

I don't suppose srb is still around somewhere? :v:

I haven't seen Emy around for a long time, and I haven't seen srb around for a month or two.
I am still around on EU times if you want to toon IGN: diehlan

Prav posted:

many excellent T6 medium tanks such as the Type 58 also have an 85 mm gun and thinner hull armor, making it an entirely fair fight for the T-28/85 :greencube:

Excellent != Type58
Just finished my grind for that since in the far future I want the WZ-111-4, but the Type58 is just a mediocre tank and was a miserable grind.
Lacks the depression, pen and the gold shells from the T-34-85, and the soft stats is not good enough to cover for that, not even in my 4 skills Type59 crew.
Also, I am aware of your weird sexual tankophilic tendencies regarding the Type58. Admittedly that post is one of the best posts in this thread.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
T28 85mm trip report:

6000 people on NA East at 2:00 AM; played 2 games. First was battle tier 4 on Widepark; 2nd was battle tier 5 on Malinovka. 1st game: died without doing damage; saw no enemy tanks, realized too late that nobody on my team left spawn. Died to invisible tanks. The T28 has less than 400 HP and no armor whatsoever. The 350m view range doesn't seem bad, but when you're bigger than the buildings on the map it's not too helpful. 2nd game: The T28 85mm manages 20 kph up the hill, which isn't terrible, except that in a tier 5 game everyone else who isn't driving a douchewagon or a matilda can get up there faster than you. I am pleased to report that artillery can still kill this gigantic tank with no armor in two hits. The other two artillery on the enemy team missed me, and I don't even think any of the enemy left spawn. Zero damage. There was literally no point in going down the other side of the hill; I don't even know why I tried.

As is all too common lately, the session ended with an angry Alt+F4. One of these days I'll just learn to stick to good tanks and enjoy the game.

Perhaps 2:00 AM on a weeknight is not the best time to try out this tank which otherwise I would hope to enjoy. ROF doesn't seem too bad, GLD makes the aim time tolerable. I don't hate it, but the zero armor plus huge target minus the T28 speed increases your dependency on others to spot for you, which is a fart in the wind in a tornado of misplaced expectations.

Back to Fallout 4.

KaiserSchnitzel fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Dec 2, 2015

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

Cardiac posted:

I haven't seen Emy around for a long time, and I haven't seen srb around for a month or two.
I am still around on EU times if you want to toon IGN: diehlan

I've got contact with Emy outside of SA so it's really just a question of convincing him to reinstall this bad game.

Emy, srb and I had some great platoons going. We'd tool around in our tier6s and just have a blast, especially since even as bottom tier, the damage output of a T-34-85 or M6 or really most tier6 tanks stacks of moderately well against the hitpoints on tier8s.

For example, I'd bring my SU-100Y and we'd just have a blast with Emy and/or srb playing a real tank and then me hitting enemies with the giant hammer. 510 damage gold shell at tier6 :v:

Or we'd end up with some dumb M6/Jackson/Hellcat platoon and just abuse the poo poo out of the 90mm guns. By the way, of those 3, the M6 reloads the fastest and has the best soft stats :colbert: It also looks the funniest.

Or just swarming with T-34-85 or E8s or something.

I think one day we branched out a bit, Emy ran his T20, I ran Type 64 and srb ran 59-16. It actually kind of worked.

Then we'd try some tier8, get shat on by the MM a few times and come to our senses. The matchmaker seemed to have no loving idea what to do with tier8 platoons that don't have pref-MM, it was easier to solopub tier8s. Maybe that's still the case. I have a lot of tier8s I love but I don't like to solo when I could be shooting the poo poo on TS and tier8 platoon MM was just mental. Yes sure it's a great idea to put us in a tier10 game where the enemy team doesn't even have any tier8s :barf:

I have 15999 battles and only one tier10 unlocked. Tier5 and 6 have the most recreational value for me :v:

Man, thinking about the middle tiers actually makes me want to play way more than thinking of higher tier games with hovercraft mediums and giant TDs (I know, my SU-100Y is guilty of this too)

It helped that all three of us are pretty mellow and didn't get crazy choleric about pubbies.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

WitchFetish posted:

Nice job buying yourself a new avatar btw

but could you teach us more about germans naming their artillery tanks after grills?

I could, yes. In fact, you could say naming artillery after things that are used to cook over open fires makes more sense that naming it after a loving cricket.

I could also tell how it's pretty arrogant for a German, or anyone else, to tell anyone else they pronounce their own language wrong.

I mean, gently caress you Germans, the letter V doesn't make the "f" sound, and the letter w doesn't make the "v" sound. Get your poo poo together.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Dec 2, 2015

GiantHurtBall
Dec 9, 2013

The Iron Hands weren't loyalists. The Ultramarines, noted for their tricks and deceptions, planted an agent within their ranks claiming to be their long lost Primarch, Ferrus Manus. Thus, the Iron Hands readily turned to Chaos and joined Horus' ranks, all to cover for the Ultramarines' own heresies.

ZombieLenin posted:

I could, yes. In fact, you could say naming artillery after things that are used to cook over open fires makes more sense that naming it after a loving cricket.

I could also tell how it's pretty arrogant for a German, or anyone else, to tell anyone else they pronounce their own language wrong.

I mean, gently caress you Germans, the letter V doesn't make the "f" sound, and the letter w doesn't make the "v" sound. Get your poo poo together.

You do realise he's french ,right ? Like ..basically not german...Let me try to explain this to you mr.phd for nine years man...see there are these "countries" and they might have different languages ?! :psyduck: I know its crazy...like imagine they're still right next to eachother but they have different languages and culture.

So you could say he knows german because his country is right next to germany...therefor at some point he learned some german..which means that witchfetish here a drug pushing thug from marseille is more "educated" than mr "but guys I have a PhD in trains tho really I like the Big Boy its a train locomotive that goes fast but is steam ? Its also what I call my penis guys."

So yeah...I guess lowtax is happy you spend another :tenbux: on your avatar ...better get ready to do it again :nsa:

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
:wow:

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
RIP ketchup avatar, you shall BE MISSED:

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

GiantHurtBall posted:

You do realise he's french ,right ? Like ..basically not german...Let me try to explain this to you mr.phd for nine years man...see there are these "countries" and they might have different languages ?! :psyduck: I know its crazy...like imagine they're still right next to eachother but they have different languages and culture.

So you could say he knows german because his country is right next to germany...therefor at some point he learned some german..which means that witchfetish here a drug pushing thug from marseille is more "educated" than mr "but guys I have a PhD in trains tho really I like the Big Boy its a train locomotive that goes fast but is steam ? Its also what I call my penis guys."

So yeah...I guess lowtax is happy you spend another :tenbux: on your avatar ...better get ready to do it again :nsa:

Also, 9 loving years for a PhD? Who the gently caress cares enough about a PhD to actually pursue it for 9 loving years.
In Europe that is 3 years, and Sweden 4 years, so go figure.
Taking a long time to finish one is not really a sign of genius to put it mildy.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
Oh yeah, another tank I own is the SU-76i. How long were they selling that before noticing it's too good (or whatever made them decide to stop selling it)? A day?

Edit: Gosh there really are a shitload of soviet premium TDs, aren't there.

Psykmoe fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Dec 2, 2015

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

T28 85mm trip report:

6000 people on NA East at 2:00 AM; played 2 games. First was battle tier 4 on Widepark; 2nd was battle tier 5 on Malinovka. 1st game: died without doing damage; saw no enemy tanks, realized too late that nobody on my team left spawn. Died to invisible tanks. The T28 has less than 400 HP and no armor whatsoever. The 350m view range doesn't seem bad, but when you're bigger than the buildings on the map it's not too helpful. 2nd game: The T28 85mm manages 20 kph up the hill, which isn't terrible, except that in a tier 5 game everyone else who isn't driving a douchewagon or a matilda can get up there faster than you. I am pleased to report that artillery can still kill this gigantic tank with no armor in two hits. The other two artillery on the enemy team missed me, and I don't even think any of the enemy left spawn. Zero damage. There was literally no point in going down the other side of the hill; I don't even know why I tried.

i dont think your playstyle suits the t28... sounds like you like being in the frontline, but the t28 is HUGE, no camo, no armor, no HP, no viewrange... you will die fast.

Its a mobile KV-1 cannon on tier 4, you can easily pen any target exsept the t6 O-I, which means any tank you will ever meet..

Sit back, be 2nd in line, dont get spotted, dont get shot and support/snipe and get 1000+ dmg easy

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Atomizer posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3516406#post409395855

That thread has the TS address and the in-game channel password, although the channel name is actually just "goons".

What's your IGN?

Should be OhNoez

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
Do people still buy accounts? I got one with a type 59 that I haven't touched in years.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Agrajag posted:

fu

fu too

The Type-59 is also really good.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

ZombieLenin posted:

I could also tell how it's pretty arrogant for an American, or anyone else, to tell anyone else they pronounce their own language wrong.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

MariusLecter posted:

The Type-59 is also really good.

Agreed :v:

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

Begun, the avatar wars have.

Unrelated: the T28 is pretty good if you play to its strengths, you have a better gun than most T5 mediums to put it into perspective.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Still waiting on that avatar from ZL. Why won't he give one to me?

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
In other circumstances, an avatar featuring a french tank with a french flag, Paris and the Eiffel tower in the background as well as french text underneath it might have hinted at me being french, but then again we're talking about Zombie Lenin so lol.

More money and salt than brains and tank skills, I guess

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Man, I am jealous of the avatars this rich PhD holder is bestowing upon you guys.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Man, I am jealous of the avatars this rich PhD holder is bestowing upon you guys.

Well if you read the text closely he says he's only going to have it for nine years. I guess it expires?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

these are the worst red texts ive ever seen

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

zombielenins avatar looks like he gave it to himself to justify trying to own other people in the weakest way possible

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Seriously guys, Marder = Marauder

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe
ZombieLenin is great because the diverse and bickering nation-states of [2PAC] can finally stop their infighting and band together in face of a common foe: the american philosophy major. He's the best thing that happened to this clan since Green Hitler.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

ZombieLenin posted:

How, playing as the Germans, do you manage your political points? I've managed to run myself out of them to the point that I've got tons of decisions I can't make every turn, and I'm pretty universally hated as a result.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Soulfucker posted:

That is correct MariusLeter, Marder does in fact = Marauder.

:h:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Control Volume posted:

zombielenins avatar looks like he gave it to himself to justify trying to own other people in the weakest way possible

:yeah::agreed:

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Soulfucker posted:

ZombieLenin is great because the diverse and bickering nation-states of [2PAC] can finally stop their infighting and band together in face of a common foe: the american philosophy major. He's the best thing that happened to this clan since Green Hitler.

One day we'll return to our ancestral homeland.

:ghitler:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Oh boy I can't wait to see what kind of avatar I get from this thread!

oh wait my avatar is basically exactly me

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I'm just too lovable.

Much like the monkey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bring back GARBAGE DICK