Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Uh oh

quote:

#BREAKING: Police confirm active shooter with multiple victims in San Bernardino.

quote:

BREAKING: Authorities respond to report of 20 victims in San Bernardino shooting.

This better not be as bad as it sounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

"New PPP Poll: Nearly 1 in 10 Democrats Support Criminalizing Christianity"

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Uh oh

I'd guess this is a false flag

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Uh oh

I have family in San B.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/02/us/san-bernardino-shooting/index.html

e;
Anchor "Here we go again" :smith:

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Popular Thug Drink posted:

yeah but this would not have been likely, the south might possibly have had the military resources to pull off an invasion of mexico but all of their geopolitical moves would have been with the north watching and waiting for any chance to pounce. like the north has to be so demoralized as to not invoke monroe doctrine against what it sees as an illegitimate treason state

they wanted Cuba and probably would have gotten it.

if the south had succeeded it almost certainly would have become a Latin America-style banana republic under British suzerainty. but yeah there's 0% chance they would have ever succeeded to begin with

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Its way too close to a Planned Parenthood Center to be coincidental....

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Looking google maps it looks like the shooting was a hospital for the disabled/adult day care

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

San Bernardino PD is evacuating people from the "Inland Regional Center" which seems to provide services to developmentally disabled people?

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
Multiple fatalities, suspects 3 white males in "military-style" gear.

e: local news is reporting 12 dead

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

MariusLecter posted:

Anchor "Here we go again" :smith:

Soon we will reach the mass shooting event horizon where mass shootings are so frequent they overlap with each other and we have continuous, endless mass shooting all across america forever

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Meg From Family Guy posted:

Multiple fatalities, suspects 3 white males in "military-style" gear.

So some misguided lone wolves?

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Oh good. Giving airsoft players a bad name.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

gradenko_2000 posted:

The idea behind this is based on historical hindsight: the industrial revolution would have changed up economics and manufacturing so much that slavery would no longer have been a feasible backbone for the Southern economy and they would have had to either adapt or collapse.

It's also largely BS, as the Southeners only ever had plans to expand slavery at the time.

Ah, but if you expand slavery then demand for slaves becomes such that their cost is driven prohibitively high and the institution thus becomes infeasible!

Jefferson legitimately believed this.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

Trabisnikof posted:

So some misguided lone wolves?

They're probably just mentally ill imo. 12 now confirmed deceased :(

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also conservatives are super salty about the PP shooting being blamed on their hate rhetoric so get ready for molten hot takes about what caused today's shooting.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
My money is on irresponsible parenting, that hasn't had time in the public eye for awhile. That or maybe violent video games.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

SquadronROE posted:

My money is on irresponsible parenting, that hasn't had time in the public eye for awhile. That or maybe violent video games.

I'm ready for Satanic Panic II.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Meg From Family Guy posted:

They're probably just mentally ill imo. 12 now confirmed deceased :(

Since mental illness is societally defined, pretty much anyone who commits or attempts mass murder is mentally ill.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Reports that it's in the Inland Regional Center in SB. PP apparently confirmed they weren't the target.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Uh oh

Police are looking for 3 white males in military gear. Per fox11 los angeles

"Early news reports are almost uniformly wrong" disclaimer applies

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Uh oh

Now is not the time to discuss gun violence, we just had a mass shooting for Christ's sake.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Whoops, quote not edit

Rhesus Pieces fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Dec 2, 2015

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I can't wait for the public to continue and regurgitate how the mass shooters are not one of us and that [/i]mass murdering people[/i] is something the public is completely incapable of.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Here's some good news: seven page private strategy memo on how the party would deal with Trump as the nominee just leaked.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

zoux posted:

Here's some good news: seven page private strategy memo on how the party would deal with Trump as the nominee just leaked.

Ahahahaha Reince is going to kill himself before 2016 is out.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Since several people have already alluded to it, I'll post OTM's Breaking News Consumer Handbook's guide to Mass Shootings, again for the Dec thread:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Fried Chicken posted:

Police are looking for 3 white males in military gear. Per fox11 los angeles

"Early news reports are almost uniformly wrong" disclaimer applies

"Are looking for", what the hell? These guys got away clean?!?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Ahahahaha Reince is going to kill himself before 2016 is out.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

mdemone posted:

"Are looking for", what the hell? These guys got away clean?!?

The guys had rifles. I'm hearing this from a person who lives in the area and claims to be talking to someone who was at the scene. It's really not hard to do some mass shooting and get away with it if you're firing from a distance, I always feel very lucky we don't have death counts in the dozens, but it looks like these guys got 12 so far at least.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

"How to fake authenticity"

This is sure to work guys!

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Apparently it's an autism center that has patients from very young (17 months) on...

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I'm guessing probably one shooter that's a former patient.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

zoux posted:

That war on women section :holymoley:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhesus Pieces posted:

"How to fake authenticity"

This is sure to work guys!

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Live stream

http://www.cbsnews.com/live/?ftag=CNM647193a

Bomb squad on scene

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Comparing your nominee to Wendell Willkie is sure to raise spirits.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

BonoMan posted:

Apparently it's an autism center that has patients from very young (17 months) on...

I can't wrap my head around this one at all. I know it's too early to arrive at conclusions, but if a team of white guys in military fatigues just shot up an autistic day care center...

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Rhesus Pieces posted:

I can't wrap my head around this one at all. I know it's too early to arrive at conclusions, but if a team of white guys in military fatigues just shot up an autistic day care center...

4channers against spergs? There is indeed also a suspected explosive device on scene.

Edit: 20 victims, no word on their actual mortality.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I'm reading reports that there are thirty hostages too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

For instance, if you're visiting a military base, strap on a helmet and ask if you can drive the tank!

• Locked thread