Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Space Gopher posted:

For instance, if you're visiting a military base, strap on a helmet and ask if you can drive the tank!

Better yet, strap on full gear and tell everyone to shoot at you and toss grenades your way!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

:laffo:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

I'm reading reports that there are thirty hostages too.

I'm not even trying to follow this for a few hours, there's no way to tell what is good and what is bad info.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

I ain't seen the republican party this worried about an outsider candidate since Eisenhower.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

zoux posted:

I'm not even trying to follow this for a few hours, there's no way to tell what is good and what is bad info.

Same, I'm now at the point where when it happens I unplug just to both be away from the evil and to get clear information.

Gotta say though, really strange target for any of the usual motivations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That whole memo is worth a read, and it's not very long. Don't just read my excerpts, you need the gestalt experience.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
I love living in 2015

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

zoux posted:

This is a good idea and everyone should do this.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Space Gopher posted:

For instance, if you're visiting a military base, strap on a helmet and ask if you can drive the tank!
Honestly everyone should do this, political candidate or not.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I think this is the most important thing from that Trump article:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Fried Chicken posted:

Same, I'm now at the point where when it happens I unplug just to both be away from the evil and to get clear information.

Gotta say though, really strange target for any of the usual motivations.

Could have mistaken the place for children body parts harvesting?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Rhesus Pieces posted:

This is a good idea and everyone should do this.

How am I supposed to look up the shooter's Facebook if I turn off my internet? :mad:

The only thing that has been confirmed is 20 shot. No confirmation of a death count or number of shooters or anything.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

TERRIBLE JOKE

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Man the rate on these things is increasing faster than the rate of Kaiju appearances in pacific rim. Any math majors able to calculate when we get our first double event?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's unrelated but this Black Friday may have been the biggest day for gun sales ever based on FBI background check requests.

What the hell was going on from the 19-22nd of December in 2012? Sandy Hook.

zoux fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Dec 2, 2015

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

"My black friend wife and/or daughter is offended"

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

derra posted:

I've always read broadswords for the duel. They had to go to Missouri since dueling was illegal in IL, and Lincoln WAS a state representative.

There is a Lincoln axe story though - on at least one occasion he would hold one fully extended without his arm quivering to impress troops.

You know, it's quite possible that I myself mixed up these two anecdotes. Foner also told a story about an Illinois Union private who challenged Lincoln (while he was President) to a foot race and Lincoln accepted and ran it barefoot.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Lets say for this shooting in California that two suspects are white and the third is not. Do they only call one a terrorist and the other two mentally ill?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

haveblue posted:

Soon we will reach the mass shooting event horizon where mass shootings are so frequent they overlap with each other and we have continuous, endless mass shooting all across america forever

We are 334 days into the year and have had 351 mass shootings. We are already there

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

I sure hope that these companies are installing safety rails and guides on all the equipment.

Someone's gonna get sucked into a lathe.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

zoux posted:

It's unrelated but this Black Friday may have been the biggest day for gun sales ever based on FBI background check requests.

I'm honestly more than a little shocked November 5th 2008 and November 7th 2012 aren't on that list.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

zoux posted:

[quote="zoux" post="453394853"]

And March 2014 is Russia seizing Crimea. Of course, that's a sensible response.

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
http://www.theonion.com/article/no-way-to-prevent-this-says-only-nation-where-this-36131

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

The Aardvark posted:

Lets say for this shooting in California that two suspects are white and the third is not. Do they only call one a terrorist and the other two mentally ill?

If the dark one is muslim, these are ungrateful suburban white kids who hate America lefty liberals

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

mdemone posted:

And March 2014 is Russia seizing Crimea. Of course, that's a sensible response.

Gun owners are sensible? :v:

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

I wonder if they'll just keep doing this instead of making unique articles from this point forward.

It's gotta be taxing to try and come up with a new funny take on shootings every time.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

The Aardvark posted:

There's no actual reason to believe there's more than one of them.

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
There is nothing new or funny about this so why make something new?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I wonder if they'll just keep doing this instead of making unique articles from this point forward.

It's gotta be taxing to try and come up with a new funny take on shootings every time.

They've only ever posted the one article, it's us who keep linking to it.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

A Winner is Jew posted:

Gun owners are sensible? :v:

I'd like to see that list of days for the first 100 entries or so. I wonder how many would be just the one or two days after a tragedy.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Does anyone live in Alabama by choice? Besides the supervising Chinese foreign nationals, I mean.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Mavric posted:

There is nothing new or funny about this so why make something new?

Yeah. I've noticed they have fun with the NRA reaction, like LaPierre visiting the evidence room with balloons and stuffed animals for the gun used in the shooting.

But for the shootings themselves, I think they've squeezes the subject dry.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Fix posted:

There's no actual reason to believe there's more than one of them.

It's a hypothetical but thanks.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
CBS has an interview on right now with a guy who's wearing a freemason's hat. Somewhere Alex Jones has begun spinning so rapidly he has fused into pure hydrogen.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Yeah. I've noticed they have fun with the NRA reaction, like LaPierre visiting the evidence room with balloons and stuffed animals for the gun used in the shooting.

They had this one after the last one:

http://www.theonion.com/article/frustrated-gunman-cant-believe-how-far-he-has-driv-51923

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Radbot posted:

Does anyone live in Alabama by choice? Besides the supervising Chinese foreign nationals, I mean.

Depends what you mean by choice. I live here cause that's where my family is and my wife and I have good jobs, mine engineering, hers academic, and she's tenured. You don't leave a tenured job. Now if she could get a tenured job in ATL or actually literally anywhere not in the south I'd peace out in a second and look for a job up there.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

They also had the one where LaPierre went on a harpooning spree to prove a point.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

"Fun" fact - in Utah the waiting period for an abortion is longer than the waiting period for a gun

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

seiferguy posted:

I think this is the most important thing from that Trump article:

This should be reproduced as an oil painting.

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

lol missed that, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
NWS - butt: http://i.imgur.com/HiXgprh.png

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread