Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Fried Chicken posted:

"Fun" fact - in Utah the waiting period for an abortion is longer than the waiting period for a gun
Makes sense, from the Republican point of view one of them definitely results in the death of a person, while the other one only might.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improper Umlaut
Jun 8, 2009

seiferguy posted:

I think this is the most important thing from that Trump article:

Im reading this as "Lord President Trump"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ChickenRiceNPeas posted:

So is he.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

http://www.theonion.com/article/frustrated-gunman-cant-believe-how-far-he-has-driv-51923

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

haveblue posted:

They've only ever posted the one article, it's us who keep linking to it.

Nah, they've reused the template a couple times:

http://www.theonion.com/article/no-way-prevent-says-only-nation-where-regularly-ha-51443

http://www.theonion.com/article/no-way-prevent-says-only-nation-where-regularly-ha-51444

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

ChickenRiceNPeas posted:

That's what we're going to be calling him after next year.

Improper Umlaut
Jun 8, 2009

Lycus posted:

That's what we're going to be calling him after next year.

I, for one, look forward to serving my classy overlord.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
So is there a police scanner feed?

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
Los Angeles Times reporting that the 3 gunmen escaped in a black SUV

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
If you hear reports that the gunmen escaped in an SUV with a Bernie Sanders sticker or that they are planning a communist uprising, those are goon-started.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
So they were black

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

pathetic little tramp posted:

If you hear reports that the gunmen escaped in an SUV with a Bernie Sanders sticker or that they are planning a communist uprising, those are goon-started.

Goon project: communist uprising!

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.

I still lol then cry myself to sleep every time.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

greatn posted:

Depends what you mean by choice. I live here cause that's where my family is and my wife and I have good jobs, mine engineering, hers academic, and she's tenured. You don't leave a tenured job. Now if she could get a tenured job in ATL or actually literally anywhere not in the south I'd peace out in a second and look for a job up there.

I'm honestly surprised any university in the South has tenure still. Good to hear that you're doing OK, though.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The LA Times quotes federal law enforcement sources: There are between one to three shooters who fled in an SUV and are on the loose. A suspicious device was detonated by a robot. The scene is not secure and they believe there may be another suspect still inside.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
They always believe there's another suspect inside because they have to pretty much treat everyone as a suspect, I'm guessing it's only the three, hopefully.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
So we missed it yesterday by Alan Grayson's senate campaign hit a rough patch - the campaign manager, deputy campaign manager, and senior adviser all left the campaign

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

If only the San Bernardino police had a more extensive, well-funded SWAT team, this wouldn't have been nearly as bad. loving #BlackLivesMatter protesters, calling for the police to be demilitarized!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Someday on Christmas...

The past year has been a roller coaster and it started with a girl dancing only to be tackled by police :smith:

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I'm really concerned about the mental well being of these three gentle lone nuts.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

zoux posted:

Goon project: communist uprising!

I'm down for it.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I literally can't remember what the last shooting was because they've started to get muddled all into one.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
There really needs to be a "dayswithoutamassshooting" page that's similar to the http://iscaliforniaonfire.com/ page.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Veskit posted:

I literally can't remember what the last shooting was because they've started to get muddled all into one.
"Earlier today" is usually safe.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
It's probably only one person. I've seen enough early news reports on mass shootings to notice that the reported number of suspects is almost always higher than it actually is. I'm also disgusted that these happen often enough for me to notice a pattern like that.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I'm just gonna guess the shooters are Neo Nazis who killed the autistic kids because they are genetically impure.

I can't really think of any other 'rational' motive for this attack.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Nonsense posted:

Someday on Christmas...

...three mass shootings. :smith:

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Did black people get shot at a police station? Did anything come of that I feel like that tragedy has been dropped off our news cycle.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Starting to feel desensitized to the violence? Let me help with that - the location had their Christmas party yesterday

This is what someone just shot up.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

ponzicar posted:

It's probably only one person. I've seen enough early news reports on mass shootings to notice that the reported number of suspects is almost always higher than it actually is. I'm also disgusted that these happen often enough for me to notice a pattern like that.

More witness reports coming in that it was three people with long rifles and they saw them get into an SUV to escape. So, while still "witness" reports, it seems to have a little more staying power.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

JT Jag posted:

I'm just gonna guess the shooters are Neo Nazis who killed the autistic kids because they are genetically impure.

Disgruntled former employee might be it as well since the IE still has a shaky economy and good medical jobs don't exactly grown on trees out there.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Happy holidays!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Fried Chicken posted:

Starting to feel desensitized to the violence? Let me help with that - the location had their Christmas party yesterday

Thank you for cutting out the comments.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Is there an event could happen that would lead to some kind of gun control legislation being implemented (even something relatively minor like mental health screening as part of background checks)? Or are we now 100% immune to any mass shooting event of any severity changing the status quo?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fried Chicken posted:

Santa Reported Amongst Dead Of San Bernardino Shooting
Christmas Cancelled

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Teflon Don posted:

Happy holidays!

So this is Christmas!
And what have you done?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

JT Jag posted:

Someone, somewhere will say that these were hired thugs who shot up a center for autistic people to destroy evidence that shows the link between vaccines and autism.

Just you wait :smithicide:

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Slate Action posted:

Is there an event could happen that would lead to some kind of gun control legislation being implemented (even something relatively minor like mental health screening as part of background checks)? Or are we now 100% immune to any mass shooting event of any severity changing the status quo?

1000 kids killed at a school shooting... teachers don't count.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

SubponticatePoster posted:

Someone, somewhere will say that these were hired thugs who shot up a center for autistic people to destroy evidence that shows the link between vaccines and autism.

Just you wait :smithicide:
False flag, crisis actors, etc etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Fatalities are official, but still no number. There are reports of a shooting at Patton Hospital, just up the 210, but that's unlikely to be anything more than a false alarm.

• Locked thread