Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

holy motherfucking supercolliding godDAMN

between this and Indivisible getting funded, today might as well be loving Christmas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Based Toonami

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I cannot believe the world we live in

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Did anyone read the Samurai Jack comics? If so, how were they?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's been TEN THOUSAND YEARS(posts) since I last read this thread, what's happened in the meantime, anything? Did Sword Art Online get booted off eventually, what's the future hold for adult swim, yadda yadda

also jesus christ, Samurai Jack. It's unbelievable to me that they might actually finish that loving thing. Guts gets off the goddamn boat, and Samurai Jack gets on the goddamn airwaves.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

also jesus christ, Samurai Jack. It's unbelievable to me that they might actually finish that loving thing. Guts gets off the goddamn boat, and Samurai Jack gets on the goddamn airwaves.

I guess someone found the Super Dragon Balls and made a wish.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Out of all the things I could have woken up to, this was not what I was expecting.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Holy poo poo! I can't wait to see Jack flyjump good again.

I wonder if everything Jack fights will still be robots?

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Space Dandy and SamJack S2

Thank you nu-Toonami

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Wait, we're getting more dandy too?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

No.

Never.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Mraagvpeine posted:

Did anyone read the Samurai Jack comics? If so, how were they?

They're alright. Nothing amazing though, which is why I stopped reading them. I have no idea if IDW is collecting them in TPB format, if they are, I'd say they're worth a read, if not, probably not worth the price.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat

ConanThe3rd posted:

Wait, we're getting more dandy too?

That was about Adult Swim throwing a bunch of money, allowing for a second cour, and having the animation finished on a schedule that allowed the English dub to be ready. (The dub is even included on the Japanese Blurays)

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Waffleman_ posted:

If the new Lupin series wasn't still unlicensed out of Japan and Italy, I'd totally root for that. Lupin's legit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvaosZlQqrY

:swoon: oh my god that looks so great

this also makes me pretty loving hype

pretty sure Phil LaMarr will return for Jack. He always seemed to get so excited when people would talk with him about Jack stuff

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Captain Invictus posted:

It's been TEN THOUSAND YEARS(posts) since I last read this thread, what's happened in the meantime, anything? Did Sword Art Online get booted off eventually, what's the future hold for adult swim, yadda yadda

In order:

1) Sword Art Online finished its last season. It was replaced with Akame ga Kill, a show that's thoroughly bad but not in an exciting way (I miss Sword Art Online, is what I'm saying).
2) Parasyte got picked up. Michiko & Hatchin is wrapping up. Nobody knows what's going to replace it, that's been a conversation topic for the past few pages.

TwoPair posted:

They're alright. Nothing amazing though, which is why I stopped reading them. I have no idea if IDW is collecting them in TPB format, if they are, I'd say they're worth a read, if not, probably not worth the price.

So the best part is the awesome Genndy cover art? That's a shame.

mycot fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Dec 2, 2015

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I am so loving happy about Samurai Jack

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

I MAY have said, "What the gently caress," a bit too loudly when this appeared on my feed while I was riding the bus this morning. That came out of loving nowhere and it's all kinds of amazing.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

SAO got AIDS and died, its replacement is/was Akame ga Kill. AgK is honestly pretty lovely, partly because the main character is a dumbass, partly because the best characters are Designated Villains, mostly because the show tries to use gore and edgy brutality to carry it to heights its own lackluster writing can't hope to achieve (and fails in doing so.)

Mitchiko & Hatchin is only 2 episodes away from ending, and there's been zero hints about what might be replacing it. Though even if they told us tomorrow, we wouldn't be seeing it until 2016 because the last 2 weeks of December are gonna be marathon nights of DBZK (again) and One Piece

Parasyte is pretty good; we're only 7 episodes into it and last week was a marathon night for it.

Attack on Titan is FINALLY off the block completely, at least until they inevitably air Season 2; the 0300-0330 slot is currently being anchored by reruns of Kill la Kill

Poor ratings for December Movie Month 2014 have effectively shitcanned any possibility for more movies in the near future. We're looking at all-night marathons of previously-aired material on every holiday weekend from now until God-only-knows-when.

Finally, we're currently balls-deep in Intruder 2. They've been running the segments during the commercial break for DBZK.

(That guy also has records of the inter-show bumps they've been running during the event, which have been getting progressively more hosed-up and hellish as the TIE goes on)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Adult Swim/Toonami 2016: Gotta Get Back, Back To The Block

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Waffleman_ posted:

Adult Swim/Toonami 2016: Gotta Get Back, Back To The Block

?

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

The Grimace posted:

this also makes me pretty loving hype

pretty sure Phil LaMarr will return for Jack. He always seemed to get so excited when people would talk with him about Jack stuff
I hope the Scotsman will makes an appearance or two, he was one of the greatest parts of the series every time he showed up.:allears:

Man, new Samurai Jack, I never thought I'd see the day.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
So with Samurai Jack being revived on Adult Swim, does that mean baddies will have gore and blood when sliced up or will they have magical robot innards and oil like before? :allears:

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

you didn't get permission before you posted that, did you, you rear end in a top hat

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Movie nights not doing well loving sucks

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Maybe they didn't want the movies to overshadow the Toonami event.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Mraagvpeine posted:

Maybe they didn't want the movies to overshadow the Toonami event.

Their reasoning was for what the movies cost to play, and the fact that they're always played on holidays when less people watch TV, they can't afford to spend any more money on content for holiday weekends. Marathons are free to run, so they're going with those for the forseeable future.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
It sucks, but its better that they save money for shows.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Argus Zant posted:

(That guy also has records of the inter-show bumps they've been running during the event, which have been getting progressively more hosed-up and hellish as the TIE goes on)

So do you think we've hit rock bottom with last week or are we going to just keep going until it makes "Unedited Footage of a Bear" seem quaint in comparison?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

LAST TIME ON TOONAMI

DBZ Kai: THE PLANET NAMEK IS GOING TO EXPLODE IN FIVE MINUTES

Akame ga Kill!: Tatsumi has the perfect chance to go to the bone zone but consistently refuses. I had to recap this one.

Parasyte: Shinichi and Migi meet a nice guy who's another partial parasite host, who helps them beat Shinichi's parasite mom. Things are really sad and he has to go back to Tokyo and abandon his Two-Episode-Love-Interest.

Michiko & Hatchin: Satoshi and Hatchin settle in an abandoned town, where Satoshi settles a score and Hatchin learns more about Hiroshi.

One Piece: As the Strawhats christen their new ship the Thousand Sunny, news of their bounties spreads across the oceans to all those they met along the way.

LAST WEEK ON GOONAMI

Tiger & Bunny: Crushes on dads, crushes on robots, and tragic backstories. Also Tiger is losing his powers!

Edit: Oh, and the TOMtruder DESTROYED SARA'S HARD DRIVE

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Dec 5, 2015

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Is Tatsumi stranded with Esdeath or is there another bone zone

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Last episode was when they were on an island together.

Also, this is going to be the last proper Goonami of the year, oh no! That's right, I won't be back til January 2 at the latest.

I'm not leaving for home til next Saturday, though, so I have something planned for Friday night for the holidays.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
They will never just accept their MeetNFuck game plot fates and just get on with it already.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

they should literally make love, not war

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Do you think goku can win

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Do you think goku can win

No.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

FIVE MINUTES

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Just back from wrestling. What did I miss on Tiger and Bunny?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
how long are space minutes, by the way?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dangerous Person posted:

Just back from wrestling. What did I miss on Tiger and Bunny?

Kotetsu is going to resign from being a hero, Kaede has Rogue powers, Jake didn't kill Barnaby's parents, and Barnaby can't trust his own memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

how long are space minutes, by the way?

i think it's about 1:60 for Space:Earth minutes, but i could be mistaken

• Locked thread