Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Illuyankas posted:

Still one of my favourite looks to names of all my alts, so thanks again! You and Merc are kind and generous souls.

Ahem, I believe it was I who coined that name in-game during a teq instance while we were on south hills defense. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Aesis posted:

DH longbow skill 'Hunter's Ward'.

If you've ever been hit by Hunter's Ward, Dragon's Maw, and the Chronomancer gravity well at the same time, you know what hell is.

Hell is being bounced around like a goddamn pinball until you die, because you literally can't escape it.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kerrrrrrr posted:

If you've ever been hit by Hunter's Ward, Dragon's Maw, and the Chronomancer gravity well at the same time, you know what hell is.

Hell is being bounced around like a goddamn pinball until you die, because you literally can't escape it.

When we were pvping last night that bad guy chrono walked over all 5 traps I laid down in the same spot and caught a severe case of dead :smug:

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Dragon hunter not talking much seems like it could be good. I honestly can't stand my guardian. I have one of those change kits, but I would have to pick up a name change one as well. I'll get dragon hunter and try it out before I jump the gun though.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

teagone posted:

Ahem, I believe it was I who coined that name in-game during a teq instance while we were on south hills defense. :colbert:

Then thank you as well! I am free and easy with my crediting, and my memory, as I'd almost forgot that convo entirely. Good times.

Incidentally I also updated my warrior for berzerker, namely his condi set.

I added a crucial element, mistward leggings, and managed to get them to match the rest of it despite its terrible glossiness! A legit use for Shadow Green!

It's actually a lot of fun putting things on a lot of fire!

Almost wish I'd saved my third teq hoard for torch instead of gs, after sword and longbow, but viridian ascended torch basically looks exactly the same as the teq one anyway.

I also completely accidentally matched the preorder glider skin perfectly, just look at that poo poo

Please ignore the green lit cave, it also looks good in regular lighting too

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I keep trying to princess my thief to match birdstaff but the neon blue bits are at war with my inclination towards neutral tones :saddowns:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I keep trying to princess my thief to match birdstaff but the neon blue bits are at war with my inclination towards neutral tones :saddowns:

Sometimes you gotta go out of your comfort zone for the sake of fashion.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Don't fight the electro blue, Bird. Embrace the 80s.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Diversify your princess portfolio

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

My favourite armors are the ones I came up with trying to use pieces I hated. Give it a go! (most of the time it sucked though and those pieces deserve to be hated)

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Lori's due for a refresh anyway.

Just never change Clockwork Chickadee's look, she's perfect (even if you never play her). :swoon:

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Electro that blue.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Everyone else's suggestions are good as well but maybe match your outfit to the rest of the birdstaff colours and use the blue as your pop of colour?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
How to get division up: Get 5 men group, use meta builds, stomp solo queue scums! :v:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
HoT specs are p2w

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

effectual posted:

HoT specs are p2w

You've obviously never played against my Reaper :v:

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FYTc55nGEI

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Mercurius posted:

Everyone else's suggestions are good as well but maybe match your outfit to the rest of the birdstaff colours and use the blue as your pop of colour?

Right now I have the leyline shoulders as my "pop" since the blue wavies are pretty close to birdstaff. The problem is when I'm actually playing the game ie using my good weapons they just look hideous.

hahaha who am i kidding nobody actually plays thieves

Schpyder posted:

Just never change Clockwork Chickadee's look, she's perfect (even if you never play her). :swoon:

:3: she's going to get Starbucks, do you want anything?

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Dec 3, 2015

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
It's like a hipster Princess Leia and I love it. :allears:

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

This norn is friggin badass.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Visidan posted:

This norn is friggin badass.
Gifting Illu the name change cert to make it actually called 'Fat Darth Maul' was worth every gem.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:w00t: PROFESSIONAL ESPORTS :w00t:

From reddit:
"Helseth just won a game 500-498 while 4v5 on the map, yet still lost 2 'pips' because his teammate had DC'ed..."
http://www.twitch.tv/thelordhelseth/v/28009936?t=4h56m50s

I can't stop laughing. He is loving stunned.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

From reddit:
"Helseth just won a game 500-498 while 4v5 on the map, yet still lost 2 'pips' because his teammate had DC'ed..."

Good lord, who the gently caress programmed that algorithm and who the gently caress code-reviewed it and went "yep, looks like that'll work fine."

I'd ask what the gently caress ANet's QA is doing except I know someone who used to be a QA Lead there and he left a while back for actual good pay (they don't pay QA enough to be able to afford experienced/effective QA people).

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

BOOM BOOM!!

Kenshin posted:

Good lord, who the gently caress programmed that algorithm and who the gently caress code-reviewed it and went "yep, looks like that'll work fine."

I'd ask what the gently caress ANet's QA is doing except I know someone who used to be a QA Lead there and he left a while back for actual good pay (they don't pay QA enough to be able to afford experienced/effective QA people).

It's not a bug. You get penalized if a person you queue with leaves/disconnects.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Guild Insignia have been added to Guild Armour 2 vendor in the guild hall, SFD peeps go check it out. The recipe itself is actually reasonable

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

ExHumus posted:

It's not a bug. You get penalized if a person you queue with leaves/disconnects.
I read the reddit thread, I know exactly what it is.

It's absolutely a bug, and ANet acknowledged it as such in the reddit thread. It's an incredibly stupid oversight while creating the algorithm that determines the pip gain/losses on a match ending, they forgot to take into account the possibility of someone on the winning team getting disconnected and getting the dishonored debuff.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I got tired of my plant armor right around when I got the leystone chest piece, so I decided to do a little makeover.

Not entirely set on the boots though.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Seems that today's patch un-nerfed 'steal', you don't need to target an enemy anymore.

Then my game crashed during pvp so :shrug:

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
The dev response in the thread stated that it was a countermeasure towards teams that would have a player DC on their team to prevent an actual loss and try to game the system...except that should only apply if they actually LOSE, not WIN as a result...

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

ApeHawk posted:

The dev response in the thread stated that it was a countermeasure towards teams that would have a player DC on their team to prevent an actual loss and try to game the system...except that should only apply if they actually LOSE, not WIN as a result...

Still bullshit to be honest, it's pretty common to have players disconnect for reasons totally outside of their control, network issues, etc, and no one should be punished as a result.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

he's perfect

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

So I've sunk a tremendous amount of money into the GOON guild hall of late and the game rewarded me today!

Also I found this in my screenshot folder from the week of HoT release, when I first broke out of Dragon's Stand and found a crevasse with cool lighting.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

:getin:

malhavok posted:

Tempests got a ton because shouts and overloads basically required them, nothing DH got really needed new voice work. Yelling "CHECK OUT THIS TRAP, YEAH!!!" might be a bit counter productive.
People in PVP would still run right into them and whine about dying to it, though.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

This is 100% my jam

Axialbloom
Jul 7, 2011

My life is a series of
lapses in judgement.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

From reddit:

Also from reddit

"TL:DR Won games until I was 2 pips from emerald. Then just began to lose games intentionally. Probably 18-20 games in all. Tanked my MMR, then won another 15 games, and since you can't lose "tiers" or whatever they are called, just lost a bunch of games intentionally again, tanked my MMR back to ez win games, and won a poo poo ton of games. Science boys. See you in legendary."

Guy has hit Tier 3 already and still going strong.

The Emperor's new clothes.

Axialbloom fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Dec 3, 2015

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Axialbloom posted:

Also from reddit

"TL:DR Won games until I was 2 pips from emerald. Then just began to lose games intentionally. Probably 18-20 games in all. Tanked my MMR, then won another 15 games, and since you can't lose "tiers" or whatever they are called, just lost a bunch of games intentionally again, tanked my MMR back to ez win games, and won a poo poo ton of games. Science boys. See you in legendary."

i am going to do this

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Axialbloom posted:

Also from reddit

Good poo poo.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
"No we didn't think this through" should be the tagline for HoT, IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Priapus Unbound posted:

So I've sunk a tremendous amount of money into the GOON guild hall of late and the game rewarded me today!

Also I found this in my screenshot folder from the week of HoT release, when I first broke out of Dragon's Stand and found a crevasse with cool lighting.

are they really invisible?

• Locked thread