Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Blowdryer posted:

What is the traditional sense?
You know, terrorism caused by those people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Blowdryer posted:

He means Muslims.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Blowdryer posted:

Muslims.

Because only Muslims practice traditional terrorism were white people practice seventh day terrorism.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Anchor Wanker posted:

It's a loving nightmare scenario. Like man, I've got a horrible feeling that an attack is inevitable and we're just counting down the days before we shut out the refugees and throw all our Muslims (and probably sihks) into internment camps.

It loving sucks being too young to get booze.

Don't worry; once universal conscription in enacted to fuel the Forever War, they'll likely drop the drinking age down to 18.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Blowdryer posted:

Hand crafted artisan terrorism made from locally sourced extremists with a commitment to craftsmanship and durability.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Luigi Thirty posted:

The San Bernadino police chief says he doesn't know if this was an act of "traditional terrorism." It could be "domestic terrorism." As we all know, if it's a legitimate form of terrorism, etc etc

That is one hell of a euphemism

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Blowdryer posted:

A non-white person/Muslim did it.

Like I can't even joke, it's literally "traditional terrorism means attacks by non-white people", because calling white people terrorists isn't allowed because reasons.:suicide:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Traditional terrorism would be petrol bombs flung by Bolsheviks.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Yeah but there's already a constitutional path for nationalization, is Vishnu in the constitution? checkmate hinduailres

yahweh is just one of his avatars, wrap it up abrahamilures

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Blowdryer posted:

He is referring to the sicarii of Judea, whose indiscriminate knife attacks have terrorized Rome for too long.

EDIT:

zoux posted:

Terrorism is waaaaaaaay older than that.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

zoux posted:

Well now I'm pro-traditional terrorism. :v:

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

zoux posted:

Are we forgetting Tsar Alexander II?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Anchor Wanker posted:

It's a loving nightmare scenario. Like man, I've got a horrible feeling that an attack is inevitable and we're just counting down the days before we shut out the refugees and throw all our Muslims (and probably sihks) into internment camps.

this. it would be the ace in the hole for some conservatives. they would push for even more draconian mesures against muslimes/refugees/browns. trump already said today that we should get rid of Rules of engagement for terrorists (kill human shieds,bomb without specific targeting,etc) and target their families as well. and other right wingers have said similar. i mean these fucks want to arrest the ACLU. http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/michael-savage-arrest-aclu-leaders-and-declare-it-terrorist-organization sure it could be some right wing miltia nuts or some hosed up kids who want to be Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold and shoot all the "ree rees" but idk.

if these dudes end up being ISIS inspired or trained. its loving over.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Dec 2, 2015

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Anchor Wanker posted:

Counterpoint, you are young enough to easily get pot

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008
I just wanted to point out that police spokesmen saying that is where we're at in the US.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Traditional terrorism is between a man and a woman.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

zoux posted:

Hand crafted artisan terrorism made from locally sourced extremists with a commitment to craftsmanship and durability.

down home terrorism, like the kind mee-maw used to have. i tell ya bob, we used to make things here.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Witness on CBS News just said there were three men in all black with bulletproof vests and assault rifles. She saw them open the door to the conference room and open fire.

Has this been corroborated?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
It's not real traditional terrorism until someone shoots an archduke.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I love you guys.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

zoux posted:

Traditional terrorism is between a man and a woman.

Akbar and Eimaan not Aengus and Enya!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Zeroisanumber posted:

It's not real traditional terrorism until someone shoots an archduke.

Actually in this country, it usually ends with a black person dangling from the end of a rope. :smith:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Traditional terrorism?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Per this DMN reporter.

IRC said the first Syrian refugees are due in Dallas on Friday.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I love you guys.
At a certain point you have to mock it, because it chips away at your sanity otherwise.

zoux posted:

Per this DMN reporter.

I hope the idiots filing suit get ground into the dirt so hard by the feds.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
folk terrorism

LiterallyTheWurst
Feb 5, 2015

Sendik's Original
Do we know who was using the conference center when the shooting started?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

JT Jag posted:

Traditional terrorism?

These hashish smokers are harmless.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

zoux posted:

Per this DMN reporter.

Geez, their facility gets shot up and now Texas is suing them? A tough day for the IRC.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

zoux posted:

Per this DMN reporter.

It'd be cool if they just seceded already.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Don't worry; once universal conscription in enacted to fuel the Forever War, they'll likely drop the drinking age down to 18.

If Forever War is the standard, things will be so bad that heroin will be legal and available in bars

Then, of course, the gays win the culture war in the most extreme ways possible.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Actually in this country, it usually ends with a black person dangling from the end of a rope. :smith:

Native Americans would like to have words with you about your poor grasp of history.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Senf posted:

It'd be cool if they just seceded already.

Oh I'm sure all the other 25 states with governors who said the same thing will be filing their own suits soon enough.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

Per this DMN reporter.

Because if we've learned anything from never-ending gun violence, it's that brown people can't be trusted.

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Epic High Five posted:

If Forever War is the standard, things will be so bad that heroin will be legal and available in bars

Then, of course, the gays win the culture war in the most extreme ways possible.

The Forever War was okay, but the companion piece, Forever Peace is one of my favorite novels.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

zoux posted:

Per this DMN reporter.

Even Texas's blindly conservative courts aren't going to actually try to step in and say a state can block the Federal government from doing this, right?

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
Wouldn't ISIS have claimed responsibility on twitter by now

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fox Ironic posted:

The Forever War was okay, but the companion piece, Forever Peace is one of my favorite novels.
The midquel, Forever Ceasefire, wasn't that great though

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Evil Fluffy posted:

Even Texas's blindly conservative courts aren't going to actually try to step in and say a state can block the Federal government from doing this, right?

It's federal court.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

zoux posted:

Oh I'm sure all the other 25 states with governors who said the same thing will be filing their own suits soon enough.

I'm sure they will, too, but Texas can still feel free to get the gently caress out.

• Locked thread