Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Here's a bit more:

quote:

The state of Texas is suing the federal government and the International Rescue Committee, after the New York-based aid agency announced plans to resettle Syrian refugees in Dallas later this week over the strong and repeated objections of Gov. Greg Abbott.

The state Health and Human Services Commission, filed on Wednesday the suit in U.S. District Court, saying those groups worked to resettle “refugees in Texas without consulting with Texas or working in close cooperation with the Commission.”

The agency, citing “reasonable concerns about the safety and security of the citizenry of the State of Texas,” is seeking a temporary restraining order.

“We have been working diligently with the International Rescue Committee to find a solution that ensures the safety and security for all Texans, but we have reached an impasse and will now let the courts decide,” HHSC spokesman Bryan Black said.

Senf posted:

I'm sure they will, too, but Texas can still feel free to get the gently caress out.

I'm sure your state is bigot-free, and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/__HIGHHEF/status/672171029297426433
oh gently caress. the shooters might be here.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Because if we've learned anything from never-ending gun violence, it's that brown people can't be trusted.

That is literally being argued by Texas republicans as why they don't want refugees.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

Wait are you there?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

Per this DMN reporter.

IRC said the first Syrian refugees are due in Dallas on Friday.

The feds will tell them to eat poo poo.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
All the media in the comments asking for permission to use the video

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

JT Jag posted:

Isn't 2015 grand

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

JT Jag posted:

They don't even do the "We hope you're okay" disclaimer anymore lol

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Actually took me a few times watching it before I noticed the gunmen actually in the video. I hope that girl and her baby are ok :(

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Dusty Baker 2 posted:

Wait are you there?

no, thankfully.

JT Jag posted:

they are truly scum.

Zeroisanumber posted:

The feds will tell them to eat poo poo.

probaly. My guess is the Fed will make an example out of them to discourage more retarded poo poo like this.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I thought the mall thing was already confirmed as unrelated?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Dapper_Swindler posted:

no, thankfully.

they are truly scum.

probaly. My guess is the Fed will make an example out of them to discourage more retarded poo poo like this.

Why are they using snapchat?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

zoux posted:

It's federal court.

That doesn't make them magically stop being conservative as hell. These are the same courts that keep ruling against Obama's executive order on immigration.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

fknlo posted:

I thought the mall thing was already confirmed as unrelated?
That was a different mall shooting with just one guy, I thought.

okay wait a minute this is ridiculous.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Former FBI First Commander on CBS just said "We don't know if this was ISIS or radical Islamists, but they did say they were coming for us" ughhh

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/MarkBoster/status/672180612900327424

cops are heading their in mass now. i am pretty sure its real. hope that little baby made it :(

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
We need to close the interstate loophole by instituting a federal assault weapons ban. But you can still get pre-ban clipazines even then and it's not like someone about to go out in a blaze is gonna care about maxing out the credit card so we'll need to enact confiscation too. Random checks of gun owners' homes like they do in Australia might turn up a few unaccounted for clips after the law's passed.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

DeusExMachinima posted:

We need to close the interstate loophole by instituting a federal assault weapons ban. But you can still get pre-ban clipazines even then and it's not like someone about to go out in a blaze is gonna care about maxing out the credit card so we'll need to enact confiscation too. Random checks of gun owners' homes like they do in Australia might turn up a few unaccounted for clips after the law's passed.

Sounds dope.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

There was an armed robbery in Illinois, not a mass shooting. They thought the guy was running toward a hospital so they evacuated it.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

LiterallyTheWurst posted:

Do we know who was using the conference center when the shooting started?

quote:

UPDATE: Inland Regional Center's executive director, Lavinia Johnson, says shooting was at conference center her group rented out for a county personnel holiday department, possibly department of health staff.
http://live.reuters.com/Event/Shooting_in_San_Bernardino?utm_source=twitter

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Movement in the breach, double impact. Signatures dilation indicator, category 4.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

DeusExMachinima posted:

The correct term is "bullet cubbies"

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Luigi Thirty posted:

There was an armed robbery in Illinois, not a mass shooting.
Right, and the thing at the hospital was Indianapolis.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://twitter.com/MarkBoster/status/672180612900327424

cops are heading their in mass now. i am pretty sure its real. hope that little baby made it :(

I'm just gonna hope those were actual swat guys clearing the area (maybe they got a tip the shooters were there?). God I hope.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Right, and the thing at the hospital was Indianapolis.

IIRC that wasn't an active shooter, just someone that brought a gun into a hospital.

What do you mean the US has an unhealthy obsession with guns?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
If those cops in that video were headed to a new spot they sure as poo poo weren't in any kind of rush.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Gravel Gravy posted:

I prefer to keep my bullets in a clipazine cozy that I got off etsy. Keep your powder dry AND nice and toasty!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Gravel Gravy posted:

"bang sleeves"

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Epic High Five posted:

I prefer to keep my bullets in a clipazine cozy that I got off etsy. Keep your powder dry AND nice and toasty!

It's a good thing.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

fknlo posted:

If those cops in that video were headed to a new spot they sure as poo poo weren't in any kind of rush.
Safety first.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

"boom tubes"

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

the block is hot.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Heard Obama responding to the San Bernadino shooting on NPR. He just sounds so totally exhausted and dead inside trying to make a statement.

"These shootings are unparalleled in any other country on earth. They should be rare, not normal." :smith:

Also the NPR reporter saying it's just totally impossible to prevent these kinds of shootings from happening. gently caress.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Dec 3, 2015

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Reuters saying that it was the San Bernardino County Department of Public Health using the conference room.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Heard Obama responding to the San Bernadino shooting on NPR. He just sounds so totally exhausted and dead inside trying to make a statement.

"These shootings are unparalleled in any other country on earth. They should be rare, not normal." :smith:

To be fair it is like 12AM in Paris

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Sorry obummer, it's the price we pay for freedom :911:

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

JT Jag posted:

Bunch of assholes. I swear VICE News somehow has more class than most of them.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Also the NPR reporter saying it's just totally impossible to prevent these kinds of shootings from happening. gently caress.
*Onion article goes here*

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
Sam keeps getting away with it.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

sparatuvs posted:

Sam keeps getting away with it.

How many lives will be lost before he's brought to justice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
reddit live feed saying they're chasing a black SUV somewhere.

• Locked thread