Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Looks like Jimmie's camel loving was irrelevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Weren't the early rings in the comic completely solid? I'm sure they only started being patchy quite recently.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sure whatever you say Sweetpea.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

neogeo0823 posted:

Looks like Jimmie's camel loving was irrelevant.

New thread title spotted.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

So, apparently Maritza Campos (CRFH and Power Nap) is quitting webcomics or something?

I can't say I ever really enjoyed CRFH though I did read through from the beginning during a couple REALLY slow work days. The art never really drew me in and I hated most of the characters. I'm sure there are people who will miss this comic but I'm not really one of them.

Power Nap OTOH was really, really intriguing to me. Despite massive delays there was a solid storyline that was really intriguing, and there was some really interesting world building going on with Power Nap that is, apparently, going straight down the toilet.

quote:

With a heavy heart I have to say we may not be continuing power nap for a long time. It may never end up coming back. This was a big and unfortunately heart breaking decision to make. We can't offer refunds to people who donated to the indie go go for volume 2, as production of that is being held off and money is tied up. I will be making a post to explain everything you guys in a few days

quote:

Again I am truly sorry to all my long time fans. This also means CRFH is finished as well

khy fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Nov 30, 2015

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Wow. CRFH was one of those I was way into back in the early Keenspot days and haven't thought about in years. Maritza was always friendly and kind on her forums, I hope she's not in too much of a bad place.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I've never read CRFH but I've heard a lot about it and I remember hearing the author had serious depression issues so I wonder if that has something to do with this.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

That's a bummer. Powernap was fun.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I've never read CRFH but I've heard a lot about it and I remember hearing the author had serious depression issues so I wonder if that has something to do with this.

well, that's all webcomic authors

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Sleepless Domain returns and, huh. Looks like Tessa made it out alive. Go figure.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Dec 1, 2015

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Quinton posted:

Man, that blows. Another comic in my bookmarks down the drain.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

This is gonna sound dumb possibly, but years ago in one of the webcomics threads, I discovered this great comic about a small town and its weirdness, and I remember it being pretty great. One specific detail I recall is that one of the main characters wrote for a magazine about drug experiences. Like, he'd just take a ton of drugs and write about them. I also recall a super depressing ending. It had a somewhat ghost-worldy realness to it, if that helps at all. I apologize for the vagueness of this, but it's driving me nuts. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

abardam
Mar 1, 2015

Shlomo Palestein posted:

This is gonna sound dumb possibly, but years ago in one of the webcomics threads, I discovered this great comic about a small town and its weirdness, and I remember it being pretty great. One specific detail I recall is that one of the main characters wrote for a magazine about drug experiences. Like, he'd just take a ton of drugs and write about them. I also recall a super depressing ending. It had a somewhat ghost-worldy realness to it, if that helps at all. I apologize for the vagueness of this, but it's driving me nuts. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Bodyworld?

The site's down but waybackmachine still has it

abardam fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Dec 1, 2015

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

abardam posted:

Bodyworld?

The site's down but waybackmachine still has it

Dead on. Thanks!

khy
Aug 15, 2005

neogeo0823 posted:

Man, that blows. Another comic in my bookmarks down the drain.

Mind over Matter posted:

Wow. CRFH was one of those I was way into back in the early Keenspot days and haven't thought about in years. Maritza was always friendly and kind on her forums, I hope she's not in too much of a bad place.

Quinton posted:

Update : Apparently due to the comments system in use on CRFH/Power Nap (Which requires zero authentication of any kind) and the fact that both the author and the artist were incommunicado for so long, trolls went in and started posting using Maritza's name. Apparently Power Nap isn't ending, they're just super slow because they're releasing a book and going to 'cultural events'.

This is what happens when you let your webcomics sit idle for well over a month without a single word about the delays to your fans I guess :v:

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

khy posted:

This is what happens when you let your webcomics sit idle for well over a month without a single word about the delays to your fans I guess :v:

Ah well, it was time to remove it from feedly anyway- even if it wasn't ending.

nothings
Sep 29, 2008
We can still commiserate over Return to Sender being abandoned (even if it has been ten years).

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

khy posted:

Update : Apparently due to the comments system in use on CRFH/Power Nap (Which requires zero authentication of any kind) and the fact that both the author and the artist were incommunicado for so long, trolls went in and started posting using Maritza's name. Apparently Power Nap isn't ending, they're just super slow because they're releasing a book and going to 'cultural events'.

lol

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Huh, here I was kind of expecting it to be some kind of weird drama move on Campos's part. Back when I was reading CRFH, I remember there being like two separate occasions where the comic was being ended for good, but the comic kept trucking along anyways.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Powernap is already in my check-once-a-month rotation since it updates so infrequently, but yay that it's not actually ending. While I love stuff that updates like clockwork, I'll take good stuff that updates infrequently too.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

khy posted:

What's the word for the exact opposite of spoiled? Because after Lackadaisy and The Meek etc. my first reaction to that was "one month? That's outright timely!"

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

lol

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

mycot posted:

What's the word for the exact opposite of spoiled? Because after Lackadaisy and The Meek etc. my first reaction to that was "one month? That's outright timely!"
Stockholm syndrome.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lackadaisy updated, by the way. With actual story pages, even!
http://lackadaisy.foxprints.com/comic.php?comicid=144

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

i could swear Pizza Hut actually did this for a while, and produced some of the most upsetting food commercials in history about it

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Iirc it was tiny burgers on top of the pizza

e/ yeah here we go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWDwZWCfp64

:barf:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

I read it as a Loss comic before I realized that was actually the comic. Filyaw is a genius

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31JNEVHZxO8

Jackard fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Dec 2, 2015

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I too would totally barf everywhere just to be able to fit in another slice of delicious burger pizza.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
This one time I tried a big mac pizza at a party and well you know it wasn't half bad

khy
Aug 15, 2005

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

i could swear Pizza Hut actually did this for a while, and produced some of the most upsetting food commercials in history about it

I was instantly reminded of

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Ha, that's what I thought of as well. Honestly, it's not that bad an idea for feeding a small group. Not sure Burger King or any of the other chains would make it appealing though.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

I can't tell if this is a reference to Splatoon or if it's just a coincidence.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Cat Mattress posted:

Lackadaisy updated, by the way. With actual story pages, even!
http://lackadaisy.foxprints.com/comic.php?comicid=144
Oh, man, I love their reactions. I don't have RSS feeds, but Lackadaisy is one of those comics I feel like I check every other day for an update. It will be the day I don't check it that it updates! Thank you for the link.

Also, very inspiring.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

nothings posted:

We can still commiserate over Return to Sender being abandoned (even if it has been ten years).

She went on to bigger and better things. At this point you don't even miss the comic- just the idea of it.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

khy posted:

I was instantly reminded of

The best thing about this is the emphasis on how it's meant to be shared.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Haschel Cedricson posted:

The best thing about this is the emphasis on how it's meant to be shared.

Thinking of this?

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Friendly reminder the Vattu kickstarter is still going: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/evandahm/vattu-the-sword-and-the-sacrament/description

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013
Sleepless Domain- It looks like a fair number of magical girls have died, but most of the headstones are more separated than Team Alchemical's, so I'm guessing that magical girls dying isn't abnormal, but losing most of the team at once is rare.

• Locked thread