Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
To be fair. Having an Immortal owe you one should be useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Sieje posted:

Savage dust to revive the Lazarus Pit?

Unless Malcolm can find another functioning Pit then probably not.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Mooseontheloose posted:

Didn't Kingpin make Spider-Man figures in Ultimate Spider-Man.

Yeah one of the running gags in Ultimate Spiderman is several people who aren't Peter are making money off of Spiderman. But in this case I would assume Snart is cold gunning those people and taking that money.

Does Arrow get an ep next week? The Flash episode looks fantastic and I am okay with that being the Arrowverse midseason finale.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Malcom Merlin continues to be the main villain of every season.

Sieje
Jun 29, 2004

My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes.

BrianWilly posted:

Okay but in retrospect leaving his corpse ashes on the floor was not the best idea.

But consistent with the forensics expert leaving his blood on Arrow's arrow on the floor unexamined earlier. It's not like they had a scene immediately before that showing gene sequencing and them looking for a way to fight an immortal with science at the time or anything.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Sieje posted:

But consistent with the forensics expert leaving his blood on Arrow's arrow on the floor unexamined earlier. It's not like they had a scene immediately before that showing gene sequencing and them looking for a way to fight an immortal with science at the time or anything.

I mean Barrowman clearly has no issues with the security systems these people use so it's not like it would have mattered anyway.

Sieje
Jun 29, 2004

My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes.

Scyantific posted:

Unless Malcolm can find another functioning Pit then probably not.

I was thinking that Vandal Savage's dust would be the thing that makes the pit work again. Dust was thrown in to break it, dust will bring it back. Pretty sure that's how DC magic works.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

hcreight posted:

Does Arrow get an ep next week? The Flash episode looks fantastic and I am okay with that being the Arrowverse midseason finale.

Seems like it. We got a preview after this episode up here. Darrkkkk shows up at Ollies fundraiser or something. Crossover aside I feel like this season is lacking in notable comicbook villains showing up for even one off episodes. Who did we get so far? Double Down and that guy who was supposed to be Anarky. Oh, apparently that bad cop lady was based on a character called Lady Cop.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
So can we assume that Merlyn would bring back Vandal Savage to give him the secret to immortality now the Lazarus Pit is broken? I was actually hoping Vandal Savage was actually gone and Legends simply took place in the first (fourth) timeline. Stephen Amell isn't on the Wikipedia cast list for Legends of Tomorrow so I thought it'd be pretty cool if the show was a separate timeline free of the show.

I thought the crossover was a lot of fun this year. Flash's seemed a lot more fun, though, with some really cool action scenes. I just wish the Arrow writers didn't feel so absolutely obligated to insert so much drama into the show. Like, I feel like that's not why people watch this show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Maybe he's just a diiiiiick.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Seems like season 3 Felicity is still out there in another time line, and will likely emerge when the secret inevitably comes out. I really hope she is the one in the grave. Arrow would be so much better with her dead, and Mr. Terrific taking over the tech duties.

I'm a little surprised that they used this crossover, which was going to bring in viewers who don't usually watch Arrow, to deal with personal melodrama rather than show off the Arrow cast at their best - kicking rear end and being bros.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Killing off Felicity or Cisco are like the only reasons I'd stop watching these shows. What a loving terrible idea.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I do like that the 2 worthless hawkpeople got clowned super hard the first time. Should've just stuck with that instead of lame timeline reset.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

Who makes Captain Cold action figures?

I don't know who manufactures them but DC designs them in house.

In other news, :argh: BAROWMANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN :argh:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Did Felicity just stick a USB cable into that beta tape or what? Also I can understand there being Flash toys in this world, but Captain Cold? I wonder how royalty cheques work in the DC universe.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You're not allowed to profit from criminal ventures or something.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well obviously they still the captain cold at cost to buy get profit, they make profit on the accessories.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Could also be a custom figurine. Or a knock-off.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
So Ollie's kid is definitely in the grave now, right? This'll be why Barry is there and will be the time travel penalty for making Central City not a crater.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I enjoyed that episode except for brewing drama with Olicity. Urgh I know it's still a CW show and all but still.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Someone mentioned earlier that Felicity has a right to be mad and it's like...not really? Or only...kinda? She's just making Oliver's legitimate problems all about herself, as usual. It makes sense that she has a hangup about Oliver keeping secrets but her total lack of sympathy here was just as frustrating as it always is.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Man this show really goes in circles hard.

But watching the whole cast get judgement day-ed was metal as hell and made up all the dumb forced rehashed relationship drama. Just break them up already, we know its gonna happen at some point.

Also, I love that this superhero team just loving rolls in vans like a bunch of loving goobers. No super secret jet. No invisible helicarrier. loving ford E-350 vans or some poo poo. Just committing hit and runs on nameless henchmen. gently caress yes.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

BrianWilly posted:

Someone mentioned earlier that Felicity has a right to be mad and it's like...not really? Or only...kinda? She's just making Oliver's legitimate problems all about herself, as usual. It makes sense that she has a hangup about Oliver keeping secrets but her total lack of sympathy here was just as frustrating as it always is.

That scene was insane. Any human being not being controlled by a script would have flipped the gently caress out on her. I'm glad they loving erased it from existence cuz drat.

Anyways, now nominating Ollie Jr. for the tombstone.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

He had only confirmed it like 5 minutes earlier, he may very well have been about to tell her as far as she knows.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Aphrodite posted:

You're not allowed to profit from criminal ventures or something.

It's called the Daughter of Joker law.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

BrianWilly posted:

And, you know, trust works two ways.

When they got back to the apartment and the jar of stones was scattered all over the floor I assumed it was ring time. Guess they have some more distance to go until then.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

kater posted:

That scene was insane. Any human being not being controlled by a script would have flipped the gently caress out on her. I'm glad they loving erased it from existence cuz drat.

Anyways, now nominating Ollie Jr. for the tombstone.

It'll be his baby momma. Then Oliver has to adopt his bastard and train him like Robin Green Arrow's version of Robin. Hijinks ensue. Felicity is mad.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

I get that the Felicity thing is stupid on multiple levels, but honestly thinking about anything Ollie's son's mom did makes my head hurt way worse.

I don't understand how you rationalize keeping a kid away from his father for a decade and then when he shows up, she acts like she's on the moral high ground and can set up ground rules. Like if he doesn't follow them what exactly would she do? Nothing? Because she can do nothing. Why can't he tell Felicity? Because you arbitrarily say so? If Felicity keeps it a secret too, who is that hurting?

I guess my frustration is that yes everyone is trying to protect the kid, but also what ground does she think she has to stand on. I feel like half that entire scene only makes sense if she somehow psychically knows he's the Arrow and is involved in some poo poo. It's just a hackneyed way drum up some drama that no one wants.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Sir Potato posted:

So can we assume that Merlyn would bring back Vandal Savage to give him the secret to immortality now the Lazarus Pit is broken? I was actually hoping Vandal Savage was actually gone and Legends simply took place in the first (fourth) timeline. Stephen Amell isn't on the Wikipedia cast list for Legends of Tomorrow so I thought it'd be pretty cool if the show was a separate timeline free of the show.

then that would raise the question why Rip Hunter isn't time traveling back to the moment just after Savages vaporization and collecting the dust himself to stop BARROWMAN from resurrecting him

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Teron D Amun posted:

then that would raise the question why Rip Hunter isn't time traveling back to the moment just after Savages vaporization and collecting the dust himself to stop BARROWMAN from resurrecting him

Timeforce did it?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
hahahahaha Felicity is so dead. Connor William is gonna end up the new Green Arrow back in Timeline Whatever gently caress Hypertime.

Barry, you've done it again :ughh:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

LeafyOrb posted:

I get that the Felicity thing is stupid on multiple levels, but honestly thinking about anything Ollie's son's mom did makes my head hurt way worse.

I don't understand how you rationalize keeping a kid away from his father for a decade and then when he shows up, she acts like she's on the moral high ground and can set up ground rules. Like if he doesn't follow them what exactly would she do? Nothing? Because she can do nothing. Why can't he tell Felicity? Because you arbitrarily say so? If Felicity keeps it a secret too, who is that hurting?

I guess my frustration is that yes everyone is trying to protect the kid, but also what ground does she think she has to stand on. I feel like half that entire scene only makes sense if she somehow psychically knows he's the Arrow and is involved in some poo poo. It's just a hackneyed way drum up some drama that no one wants.

Oliver is running for mayor in a city where mayors die all the time. Telling Oliver to gently caress off is a reasonable thing and when that doesn't work using your son as leverage to make him not tell anything is a decent plan B at least until you can figure out if this Oliver is not a douchebag

VVVV That too

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Dec 3, 2015

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

LeafyOrb posted:

Easy. The Ollie she knew was a complete jackass that none of us would want near our kids. She's allowing a very controlled and structured system for her kid and Ollie, and maybe Ollie'll show her that he's not such a loving jackass anymore. Plus, Moira was a poisonous queen bitch.
I mean, how difficult is it to understand?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
How do the writers rationalize Ollie not just going "Okay I won't tell anybody."

*Smash cut* "Felicity I have a son, I promised his mother I wouldn't tell anyone so, pretend you have no idea if it ever comes up."

"I will practice my shocked face for when that happens because of course it will have you met us?"

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
All Felicity will need to do is talk-cry when meeting his son "for the first time" and everyone will believe her because this is the CW.

Gotta hand it to Malcolm for saving us from not getting another series.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Drifter posted:

Easy. The Ollie she knew was a complete jackass that none of us would want near our kids. She's allowing a very controlled and structured system for her kid and Ollie, and maybe Ollie'll show her that he's not such a loving jackass anymore. Plus, Moira was a poisonous queen bitch.
I mean, how difficult is it to understand?

Why does he need too? As far as she knows all denying him his kid would do is cause Ollie to lawyer up for custody, the only reason he can't is because of Darhk and his being the Arrow, and she doesn't know about that. She has no control over the situation, but is acting like she has all of it because ???. I mean she does actually have control but again she shouldn't know that.

Also you can't just not tell someone you're having their kid because their an immature rear end in a top hat. It's not like he was abusive. On some level the show should acknowledge that not telling someone you're having their kid is a hosed up thing to do regardless of what Moira did.

LeafyOrb fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Dec 3, 2015

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

LeafyOrb posted:

Why does he need too? As far as she knows all denying him his kid would do is cause Ollie to lawyer up for custody, the only reason he can't is because of Darhk and his being the Arrow, and she doesn't know about that. She has no control over the situation, but is acting like she has all of it because ???. I mean she does actually have control but again she shouldn't know that.

Also you can't just not tell someone you're having their kid because their an immature rear end in a top hat. It's not like he was abusive. On some level the show should acknowledge that's a hosed up thing to do regardless of what Moira did.

She knew Ollie from when he was not a good role model for a kid. She loves her kid and has spent ten successful years raising him on her own. Now a guy who she used to know who was an rear end in a top hat wants to be a part of her kid's life, and she has some trepidation.

I don't know what your second paragraph means. For many years Oliver Queen was thought to be dead, so she moved on. Several years after that Oliver Queen did not make any contact with her, so she moved further on. She has a young kid who she doesn't want to confuse by bringing a stranger into their lives. The show has already acknowledged it was a messed up thing for Moira to have done. And if you mean in the young mother's case, then she has no idea what involvement in Ollie's case would look like. She probably doesn't want to lose what she and her son have. I don't know.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Dec 3, 2015

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chokes McGee posted:

hahahahaha Felicity is so dead. Connor William is gonna end up the new Green Arrow back in Timeline Whatever gently caress Hypertime.

Barry, you've done it again :ughh:

I dunno, introducing William gives them an easy out for the cemetery scene. William gets killed by Darkh :ms:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I'm cool with show killing off Felicity after this episode. Like super chill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Heh. I just realized there was no island flashbacks this week but they still kept the trend going by showing the Hawks' flashbacks. Gotta respect their commitment to the concept.

teagone posted:

I'm cool with show killing off Felicity after this episode. Like super chill.
Felicity's so drat hilarious and well-utilized so much of the time that I would never say I "dislike" her, but the writers really make her The Worst Character whenever they put her in any romantic conflicts because she's just so self-centered about it. I still remember, even back in season 2, how she instantly became jealous and snipey when it came to the women Oliver met on Lian Yu...y'know, the hell island he spent five years on. It was the same when she found out about Iris visiting Barry a lot while Barry was comatose 'cuz it was like, holy poo poo, this guy's in a friggin' coma and Felicity's feeling sorry for her own love life?

And this thing with Oliver and Samantha and William is like...I hesitate to say "not really Felicity's business" but it really is just...kinda...not really her business! Not in the way that she wants it to be. Or..."wanted" it to be, since it's been wiped from existence, but still.

• Locked thread