Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

zoux posted:

It's just, a holiday party for county bureaucrats would be such a weird target for any kind of terrorist attack. They're already at a place that would be a better soft target.

I'm not gonna speculate on whether it was terrorism or not, but that fact that they were so heavily armed makes it seem like they were gearing up for something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

If these shooters worked for ISIS, would this doom the Democrats election?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

A Trump presidency just became marginally more likely and Islamophobia is going to reach even higher levels now. Someone please tell me something nice happened somewhere today

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

yeah, I am sure this is going to end well. especially if they were ISIS inspired.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grouchio posted:

Yes

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Grouchio posted:

It's not going to help, I'll put it that way.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Kinda weird how the right wing was so quick to deflect the Planned Parenthood shooter's religion, and yet this...

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

gently caress.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Luigi Thirty posted:

A Trump presidency just became marginally more likely and Islamophobia is going to reach even higher levels now. Someone please tell me something nice happened somewhere today

You wouldn't have terrorists working in the government in a Trump administration.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Given how hawkish Clinton is, it's probably not that bad. That being said, yeah.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Bullfrog posted:

Kinda weird how the right wing was so quick to deflect the Planned Parenthood shooter's religion, and yet this...

No, that sounds about right.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Luigi Thirty posted:

Uh... Samurai Jack is coming back?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
This kind of buries the Planned Parenthood shooting. Ugh, fuckkkk gently caress fuckkk fuckkk gently caress gently caress gently caress fuuuuuuck,

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Grouchio posted:

Don't worry, this will be forgotten about within the next month or so.

However, statistically speaking we'll have several more shootings before next November to make up for it.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Grouchio posted:

Ironically it could ensure their victory if Trump gets all the hate votes in the primary.

Hollismason posted:

This kind of buries the Planned Parenthood shooting. Ugh, fuckkkk gently caress fuckkk fuckkk gently caress gently caress gently caress fuuuuuuck,

What? It's not like anyone's mind was gonna be changed by that.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

ComradeCosmobot posted:

No.

No.

Yep. The Islamophobia is already gearing up.

So yeah, I would say the chances of that are starting to look better and better.

EDIT: CAIR is planning on holding a press conference in 30 minutes with the guy's dad, so yeah, expect the screaming white hot ball of Islamophobia to get even louder.

That's just peachy.

I guess it's only a matter of time until some bigot shoots up or burns a mosque or some Trump fan kicks the poo poo out of some poor innocent Sikh.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
Little did we know that the dystopian hell presented in Amazon's "The Man In The High Castle" is actually going to be america, next week.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The Republicans have a debate on the 15th. This absolutely will not be going away at all.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

site posted:

Don't worry, this will be forgotten about within the next month or so.

However, statistically speaking we'll have several more shootings before next November to make up for it.

As if Fox News and the Republican Party will ever let it be forgotten.

We're still talking about Benghazi for chrissakes.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Grouchio posted:

possibly. its not going to help. especially if obama or the left say something stupid. if i had been a massive bombing definitely. the right isnt exactly helping themsevelves though. if they go full racist/bigot, which i am sure trump and cruz will do. then they will definitely hurt themselves more.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
A Christian shoots up a planned parenthood: "We don't know his reasoning's."

A Muslim shoots up something: "It was in the name of Islam!!!"

It won't matter the reasons behind the shooting, even if it wasn't religiously motivated it will be in the eyes of every bigot.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

And so the pogroms began. :gonk:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
With Carson dropping I expect Trump and Cruz to go after Rubio.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
CAIR is holding a press conference with a relative of one of the suspects at 11:30 ET / 8:30 PT.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Joementum posted:

CAIR is holding a press conference with a relative of one of the suspects at 11:30 ET / 8:30 PT.

What's CAIR link?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Rhesus Pieces posted:

That's just peachy.

I guess it's only a matter of time until some bigot... burns a mosque

This happens with hilarious regularity.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

sparatuvs posted:

Little did we know that the dystopian hell presented in Amazon's "The Man In The High Castle" is actually going to be america, next week.

The Trump in the High Castle.

As least we'll get, uh, huge and beautiful architecture?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ratbert90 posted:

A Christian shoots up a planned parenthood: "We don't know his reasoning's."

A Muslim shoots up something: "It was in the name of Islam!!!"

It won't matter the reasons behind the shooting, even if it wasn't religiously motivated it will be in the eyes of every bigot.

3 Muslims (most likely)

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Grouchio posted:

Does it matter if they did or not, if Fox News says they did the base will believe it. This is a post-facts election.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Remember when everyone in this thread was saying "yeah, you guys are crazy for even entertaining the idea that it's ISIS-related"

Well that doesn't matter now, because the right wing is going to believe it whether or not it's true (and if it is true, well...)

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Remember when everyone in this thread was saying "yeah, you guys are crazy for even entertaining the idea that it's ISIS-related"

Well that doesn't matter now, because the right wing is going to believe it whether or not it's true (and if it is true, well...)

Well what?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Grouchio posted:

Nope.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

ComradeCosmobot posted:

It's actually kind of heartening that we cling to the notion that this isn't the crapsack parallel world at times.

edit: VVV They will need a tattoo and/or an RFID chip though.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Where we'll be going, Muslims won't need eyes to see.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
NBC News also reported that Farook's brother may be one of the other suspects, which one would infer he is the third suspect currently being in jail.

Come on, USPol, cheer up, you guys were so much more positive and snarky when you thought it was white right wing guys.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Did AP say where they got the name from? All I've heard is just that they have it.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

The stupid-as-gently caress part about it is that everyone was saying the suspects were white because they appear to pass as white. But then once the name comes out, that all falls apart and now the right is crowing about the shooter being "Muslim, not white". Just goes to show how constructed the concept of race really is.

People are already calling for a refugee ban.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Luigi Thirty posted:

Some elementary school kids were arrested for allegedly trying to blow up a school oh wait that's not good at all

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Well, that is some nice news. Not enough, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Joementum posted:

Haha, this is going to be such a shitshow.

• Locked thread