Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Third World Reggin posted:

humbaba apply back up when ever.

Today is tuesday, and that means fleet battles. Come get your two wins later on tonight.

I'd love to do the fleet battles but it starts at 2am my time. The Friday one I might manage to stay awake for this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
This looks cool and interesting, hows the lag for eurogoons playing botes?

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Zernach posted:

This looks cool and interesting, hows the lag for eurogoons playing botes?

OK. Only times its kind of even noticeable is when shooting down airplanes with AAA.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

ukle posted:

OK. Only times its kind of even noticeable is when shooting down airplanes with AAA.

Yeah it's fine. I'm getting 65 to 105ms from the UK.

In other news, ramming is a great way to raise howls of indignation from the pubbies. Sputtered opprobrium and shocked cries about lack of honour resound.

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
Great, going to give this a spin then. Destroyers look right up my alley with subs possibly being a second option. Have to see how much I can tolerate going slow for a (possibly) glorious payoff of 1-volley kills on big ships.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Fleet Battles are 9pm to 11pm Eastern on Tuesdays and Fridays, right?

I'll never be able to make those, I work until 11pm. :saddowns: If this ends up being an issue and we need the fleet slot for a fleet battles player, let me know, I'll step aside.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Zaodai posted:

Fleet Battles are 9pm to 11pm Eastern on Tuesdays and Fridays, right?

I'll never be able to make those, I work until 11pm. :saddowns: If this ends up being an issue and we need the fleet slot for a fleet battles player, let me know, I'll step aside.

I guess one of the guys who actually runs things in the fleet can confirm, but I seriously doubt that will be an issue. Fleets are 15 people at most, in the higher levels. The low levels that everyone actually plays are limited to ten. I don't think we're going to need more space.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone having issues with the launcher? I had no trouble yesterday, but today the launcher is freezing at 85%. I tied re-installing, but no luck.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Third World Reggin posted:

No it has issues with mice. We have had several people have this issue, hitting ctrl twice seems to fix it.

Sounds like they need to install cats!

Evidence suggests ymmv. Just backfired on my light cruiser after not being able to fire and spamming ctrl.
yeah uh. did not work as advertised. Guess I'll stick to carriers and BBs for now

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 2, 2015

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Veloxyll posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/veloxyll/b/684242261

Game has a few issues with torpedoes still

I need to update the complaints on this video

Your network status is red, this isn't the torpedoes fault. Red is bad.

When the torps shot the wrong way, that is the same thing. I like you blaming the game instead of the red network icon.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Uh. network status is always red because I am on the far side of the planet. not much I can do about that. Guns seem to be able to fire where I'm aiming just fine. Lag should not break your game that badly.

Also I have shot torpedoes at a right angle to my submarine.

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Dec 2, 2015

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
I'm not across an ocean from the server and I see a slight delay between clicking and launching the torpedo. Not enough to launch at right angles, but enough to miss embarrassingly at close range if I forget to account for it. Guns don't do it but I think depth charges do.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Torps, especially sub torps, seems to have a slight delay to account for them actually coming out of the tube. It's far more noticable with subs (where the torps have to surface) than surface ships. I assumed it was intended rather than lag, given how fairly consistent it was.

Humbaba
Aug 4, 2006

Zaodai posted:

Torps, especially sub torps, seems to have a slight delay to account for them actually coming out of the tube. It's far more noticable with subs (where the torps have to surface) than surface ships. I assumed it was intended rather than lag, given how fairly consistent it was.

It took me some adjustment to get used to this, but if you lead a little bit more, it works out okay.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Well, we almost beat dark judge. We shot up the right side of the map to their cap zone and left 1 BB and 2 DDs at our cap zone. That seemed to catch them off guard and allowed us to kill all of them except a CV and 3 BBs.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Played a few rounds of WoWS after a week and a half of Steel Ocean.

I was confused as to why the ship took 2 minutes to aim or steer in the opposite direction and as to why the fired shells hovered in the air like they were attached to parachutes

bigdookie
Nov 21, 2005
The Awesome!
Grimey Drawer
That was fun tonight!

DDs are almost instant gratification when you finally anticipate your shots correctly!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

bees everywhere posted:

Well, we almost beat dark judge. We shot up the right side of the map to their cap zone and left 1 BB and 2 DDs at our cap zone. That seemed to catch them off guard and allowed us to kill all of them except a CV and 3 BBs.

kinda sad I fell asleep way early

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Veloxyll posted:

Uh. network status is always red because I am on the far side of the planet. not much I can do about that. Guns seem to be able to fire where I'm aiming just fine. Lag should not break your game that badly.

Also I have shot torpedoes at a right angle to my submarine.

Your issue is lag, more specifically packet loss AND something else.. It's the game not handling mouse clicks on high resolution screens. When this happens, press and hold CTRL and move your cursor back to the centre of the screen. Sometimes just double tapping CTRL fixes this. I get this issue all the time see if this helps at all.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I was too busy playing nightblade in Grimest of Dawns. :shobon:

Meat_Grinder
Nov 29, 2015

bigdookie posted:

That was fun tonight!

DDs are almost instant gratification when you finally anticipate your shots correctly!

Yeah, the 2BB/8DD cap rush we pulled off was awesome. We should try that strategy again on Friday.

Meat_Grinder fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Dec 3, 2015

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Apparently there are Italian Naval Officers in the game. Maybe there is hope for the Regia Marina afterall. :italy: Doesn't look any good though, besides the scout range increase. Then again, maybe AA buffs can be decent?

By the way, anyone know what those numbers under their portraits mean?

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
Applied to the fleet as Shinarato.

dpidz0r
Jul 29, 2012

Meat_Grinder posted:

Yeah, the 2BB/8DD cap rush we pulled off was awesome. We should try that strategy again on Friday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o4hPgRnJ5U

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

British ship information
http://steamcommunity.com/app/390670/discussions/0/492378806382170426/

No dates. Just "december"

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

So what British carriers didn't sink?

E: Also why carriers over British battlecruisers/battleships?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

normally people release partial trees instead of full trees since one takes less time

also sending dive bombers over a mountain to instantly pop a battleship never gets old

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Britisch BBs are pretty iconic, and there are already more than enough Players playing that class almost exclusivly. I'd love me a dreadnought, but getting more non-BB boat is probably a good thing.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Feindfeuer posted:

Britisch BBs are pretty iconic, and there are already more than enough Players playing that class almost exclusivly. I'd love me a dreadnought, but getting more non-BB boat is probably a good thing.

When you play T7 it's almost all battleships. I saw someone with a Bismarck, too.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Stop playing T7.

Can't wait for British BBs.

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Stanley Pain posted:

Stop playing T7.

Can't wait for British BBs.

Going to charge people with my Nelson.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I want a Warspite.

Humbaba
Aug 4, 2006
I played around a bit last night with the South Carolina and Florida. They were really, really fun. Raining death on people never gets old. (Nor does running into mountains because I'm zoomed in on ships 6 kilometers away.)

Meat_Grinder
Nov 29, 2015

Awww, you saved it for the posterity! :D

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
You guys have to cap to win? Such dishonorable goons, playing the objectives. Like hey man, who wants to capture the flag in CTF style game play, or shoot their gun in an FPS? Pffft, Goons are such try hards.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

No G & H Class destroyers. Now how will I ram pubbies and claim I'm honoring the valiant heroism of HMS Glowworm?

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Humbaba posted:

I played around a bit last night with the South Carolina and Florida. They were really, really fun. Raining death on people never gets old. (Nor does running into mountains because I'm zoomed in on ships 6 kilometers away.)

Yeah, good times! I try to be more situationally aware. Zoom, rain death, back to normal to maneuver. More like sniping and less like carpet bombing. Seems pubbies just fire as soon as they reload.

Still trying to get the hang of carriers, inclined to think it's not worth it?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Platonicsolid posted:

Yeah, good times! I try to be more situationally aware. Zoom, rain death, back to normal to maneuver. More like sniping and less like carpet bombing. Seems pubbies just fire as soon as they reload.

Still trying to get the hang of carriers, inclined to think it's not worth it?

I have found with carriers I either do really well, or nothing at all, with little in-between. Dive bombers seem pretty useless since they are very inaccurate unless they are not moving at all, and even then they do not do that much damage. It is kind of like a less accurate battleship salvo that takes 5x longer to reload and can be shot down. Maybe with better commanders they get better. Torpedo bombers are pretty good, it is always fun one shotting a BB, but good teams will be proficient at shooting them down. I probably on average do more damage consistently with a destroyer or battleship. Then again I might just be bad.

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
Tossed an application to join the fleet, name is Croctopus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Applied to GOON as apseudonym.

What kind of commanders do you guys tend to go with? I haven't really messed with them enough.

• Locked thread