Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Second suspect identified -- Tayeep Bin Ardogan, a Qatar citizen.

Don't worry guys, anytime soon we're going to get the surprise evidence of them being secret right-wing militiamen! You just got to believe!

In light of the revelation of her real name, lol @ u for falling for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
The child is with its grandparents, they left her there this morning.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
This was mentioned a little earlier, but got lost in the shuffle:

"The other thing with the terrorists is you have to take out their families, when you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families. They care about their lives, don't kid yourself. When they say they don't care about their lives, you have to take out their families."

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

OAquinas posted:

Given that they raided the guy's house, I'm really hoping the worst-case scenario is "with CPS."

impounded as a potential explosive device

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The man talks like a hypnotist.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To fight the terrorist we must become the terrorist.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Also, Obama doesn't care about black people.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Sometimes, I really think Trump's entire goal is just to see how much bullshit he can spew before he gets stopped.

Either that, or this is some kind of insane Producers scheme gone horribly wrong.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
“We want to be a unifier and we have to be a unifier,” Trump said. Then, hearing protesters outside, he instructed security, “Get them out, we have to. Will the police remove them, very gently please?”

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

CARL MARK FORCE IV posted:

Right Wing Extremists were at his house, holding his infant daughter at gunpoint. Their demand? That mild mannered Syed, an innocent civil servant who furiously rushed home from a work party after receiving a threatening phone call, do the unthinkable.

radical meme posted:

You know, that would actually make more sense than what we know so far.

CARL MARK FORCE IV was joking but yeah, that actually seems like a more rational explanation, although it doesn't survive Occam's razor.

Women committing mass shootings, and with their partner no less, and they have a child, is extraordinary. You may need to reach decades to find a similar example in the industrial world. That's why it's tempting to think they did it for a common and understandable cause, like their kid. It also makes the religious angle more appealing than the disgruntled employee angle.

It's unfortunate they are both dead because this may have also been an example of folie à deux but we may never know for certain.

Sulphagnist fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Dec 3, 2015

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Night10194 posted:

Sometimes, I really think Trump's entire goal is just to see how much bullshit he can spew before he gets stopped.

Either that, or this is some kind of insane Producers scheme gone horribly wrong.

his campaign is the logical extension of marketing in the 21st century. vote for a brand for president, because why hte gently caress not?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

paranoid randroid posted:

his campaign is the logical extension of marketing in the 21st century. vote for a brand for president, because why hte gently caress not?

The world of Wall-e would be way better than Trump.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

He's not completely wrong, he's not been the "black" president focused on black issues that some wanted/feared be would be, but that's mainly because he can't even remark on Trayvon Martin without people acting like that makes him a racist that's only concerned with other black people.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm going to muster up some faith and say that Trump's numbers can't survive this level of evil.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm going to muster up some faith and say that Trump's numbers can't survive this level of evil.

At least in the general. I pray to Jesus/Mohammad/whatever

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

are you talking about 0bambi or trump? #hillaryis44

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
trumps campaign is legit fascinating when you start looking at it from the perspective of marketing & brand management. it also makes his unironic, and i include cowardly kidding-on-the-square /pol/ types when i say "unironic", supporters seem fairly pathetic. its like throwing your hopes behind ronald mcdonald "for the lulz (except not really)"

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Wait, we're JUST finding out what the ethnicity of he shooters were? Didn't this happen in the morning?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

foobardog posted:

are you talking about 0bambi or trump? #hillaryis44

obama had a slick marketing campaign behind him, but trump is %100 product. do you think its an accident that he's always talking about how marvelous all his properties are?

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

obama had a slick marketing campaign behind him, but trump is %100 product. do you think its an accident that he's always talking about how marvelous all his properties are?

I was mainly making fun. I agree with you. Trump makes Reagan look like George Washington as an actual substantive leader. He's a cynical satire from a 90s comic book come to life, and he's winning.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

trumps campaign is legit fascinating when you start looking at it from the perspective of marketing & brand management. it also makes his unironic, and i include cowardly kidding-on-the-square /pol/ types when i say "unironic", supporters seem fairly pathetic. its like throwing your hopes behind ronald mcdonald "for the lulz (except not really)"

It reminds me of that episode of Black Mirror, with the furry cartoon character rear end in a top hat getting elected prime minister "ironically".

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

foobardog posted:

I was mainly making fun. I agree with you. Trump makes Reagan look like George Washington as an actual substantive leader. He's a cynical satire from a 90s comic book come to life, and he's winning.

He's not really winning anything yet.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Mr Interweb posted:

Wait, we're JUST finding out what the ethnicity of he shooters were? Didn't this happen in the morning?

They wanted to be 100% sure what was happening before they released the information because they knew that there could would be a huge political backlash. Things are gonna get ugly.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

I mean Fred Thompson being a literal "I played a politician on TV" having his moment the seat was one thing, as is Al Franken, Jesse Ventura, and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Trump is something more than all of that.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Bip Roberts posted:

He's not really winning anything yet.

Even if he does flame out when the voting starts at this point he's had a serious effect on the platform and path of the Republican party. The dog whistles are gone now.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Ballz posted:

Speaking of... Does anyone know where that baby is right now? :ohdear:

As long as it's not with Trump.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Antti posted:

CARL MARK FORCE IV was joking but yeah, that actually seems like a more rational explanation, although it doesn't survive Occam's razor.

Women committing mass shootings, and with their partner no less, and they have a child, is extraordinary. You may need to reach decades to find a similar example in the industrial world. That's why it's tempting to think they did it for a common and understandable cause, like their kid. It also makes the religious angle more appealing than the disgruntled employee angle.

It's unfortunate they are both dead because this may have also been an example of folie à deux but we may never know for certain.

Yeah see, this is the horrible reality of this story. It's almost impossible to fathom what was going on here; so hopefully we learn a lot, lot more in the days and weeks to come. Otherwise, the easiest explanation to grasp a hold of in response to the question, "why would a mother of a newborn do this kind of thing" is the backwoods, redneck, duck dynasty Bubba response of, "fuckin muslims man, don't give a poo poo about nothin".

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I still don't understand why Trump wants to be President. Does he really want to devote 4/8 years to being PoTUS and not just doing whatever the gently caress he wants? Maybe he never thought it would ever get this big and doesn't know how to quit now? Does he want to lose and then embolden his brand with a massive persecution complex and a rabid fanbase?

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Dec 3, 2015

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the remarkable thing about Trump isnt that hes some amazing Aristotlean beast-god who is immune to the laws of society but rather that hes very effectively leveraging the current King Grift model of the GOP to the point where even if he loses, he wins. i have no doubt that hes in it to win it, but winning is secondary to being in the public consciousness as much as possible for as long as possible. he'll take the presidency if possible, but more than anything he wants Ma and Pa Kettle to see his hotels in Atlantic City on vacation and to think "bah gawd, that nice Trump boy once said some purty good things. lets give him all our liquid assets, bah gawd."

Anchor Wanker
May 14, 2015

Night10194 posted:

I really hope somebody obliges and say... stabs him in the loving neck.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
How could Trump possibly quit now? He's built his campaign on being this unstoppable force that plays by his own rules and doesn't back down to anyone. To call it quits when he's still leading in the polls wouldn't mesh with the personality he's trying to present, whether that happens to be real or not.

I mean I didn't think a politician could come out and say they'd blow up kids to get the bad guys and be just peachy, but Trumps been saying ridiculous poo poo all year and none of it affects his polls negatively.

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.

Internet Kraken posted:

How could Trump possibly quit now?

If he put out a press release announcing the end of his campaign the day after Jeb! bows out, he would live forever.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Antti posted:

The only thing I can think of is that they didn't intend to abandon their child, seeing as they fled the initial scene instead of blowing themselves up/shooting themselves/lying in wait for the cops. Maybe they just severely underestimated the speed and ability of the authorities to find them.

I was trying to think of another example of a woman doing an attack like this with a young child, and I got nothing.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I still don't understand why Trump wants to be President. Does he really want to devote 4/8 years to being PoTUS and not just doing whatever the gently caress he wants? Maybe he never thought it would ever get this big and doesn't know how to quit now? Does he want to lose and then embolden his brand with a massive persecution complex and a rabid fanbase?

What? No, the dudes all about being better than everyone else. He's HUGE; god emperor trump is just the next step in his evolution. Do you really think he doesn't salivate at the idea of being President?
I guarantee he has a hard on 24 hours a day right now just thinking about it. poo poo, he's been talking about for what, 20 years now.

At this point it wouldn't surprise me if he hasn't convinced himself that it is his destiny.

current King Grift model of the GOP to the point where even if he loses, he wins

He's lost more money, given up more income, and is going to spend more money than he could ever make back by that model. This isn't a grift job.

Pohl fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Dec 3, 2015

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Nonsense posted:

So far Democrats and Republicans together do not like that tourists are in the US without telling anybody they're here. So they want those rules changed. Dems will cave on expanded military action though, and Obama will feel pressure that he's being soft, and not bombing hard enough. Basically:

NBC News ran that picture with the Texas suing the feds to block Syrian refugees article.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

see thats the kind of poo poo that makes me think it wasnt just a run of the mill spree killing at work. If it was that, he would have came in with the pistol or AR and shot a bunch of people, then mouthed the gun when the police showed up. he wouldn't be wearing tac gear with his wife with bombs and an escape plan. then again i could be wrong. i mean they left their not even a year old child behind so they could go shoot up daddies office. i mean maybe its a Charles Starkweather type thing. but part of me things they may have been radicalized and just work as a target of opertunity/plus personal motivations.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Anchor Wanker posted:

I really hope somebody obliges and say... stabs him in the loving neck.
This sort of thing is why we don't have LF any more.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's really hosed up that every time there's another mass shooting everyone in the thread and in the mainstream political media and thought is openly rooting for the shooters to have been under one political ideology or one race or another.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So, how long until that Cheney bust gets vandalised?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

greatn posted:

It's really hosed up that every time there's another mass shooting everyone in the thread and in the mainstream political media and thought is openly rooting for the shooters to have been under one political ideology or one race or another.

that's because if the shooters are muslim there will be a backlash against muslims. no such problem if the shooters are white

• Locked thread