Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
guys, Afterlife is still amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I found "Drinking Buddy". kinda wish I had made a melee character so I could go around with him as my companion and be drunk as gently caress for the entire game

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Al! posted:

guys, Afterlife is still amazing

oh neat, i didn't know that was on gog

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Notorious QIG posted:

c morrowind s: found a lady who wanted me to give a note to a bandit that robbed her blind because he was cute. i figured he wouldn't give a poo poo about her, so i killed her and took her stuff. then i found the bandit and he was totally dtf and now i have a quest in my quest log that can never be completed

maybe try not being an insane murderer, you fetcher

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Liver Disaster posted:

do kids not normally read the cask of amontillado anymore?

i did, but that doesn't mean anything

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
welp. just got an OK to use anti-submarine nuclear weapons

rip

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

an anti sub nuke sounds like overkill to me

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Space-Pope posted:

welp. just got an OK to use anti-submarine nuclear weapons

rip
did you nuke your own uboat or is that uboat that shall commence the nukening?

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

nuke da whales

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

kalstrams posted:

did you nuke your own uboat or is that uboat that shall commence the nukening?
those two blue semi-circles are subs that i am commanding. the green shaded area is the spot where i'm patrolling for soviet subs

going by the stuff on the right (the subs have identical armaments), they have 3 nuclear torpedoes and two nuclear rockets each

this has happened to me in other scenarios, lol. unknown underwater contacts + some paranoia on my own part = nuked whales

e: it happened again :smith:

quote:

8:01:19 PM - Contact GOBLIN #9 has been lost.
8:01:19 PM - 100% penetration achieved
8:01:19 PM - Weapon: Mk37 Mod 2 #3364 has impacted Biologic Whale
8:01:19 PM - Weapon: Mk37 Mod 2 #3364 is attacking Biologic Whale with a base PH of 60%. Final PH: 60%. Result: 58 - HIT

e2: nuking achieved

the lightning bolt symbols denote that they're caught up in the EMP blast from the nuke. either way, even if it was technically a miss, it's not like you need to be completely accurate vOv

Space-Pope fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Dec 3, 2015

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Space-Pope posted:

those two blue semi-circles are subs that i am commanding. the green shaded area is the spot where i'm patrolling for soviet subs

going by the stuff on the right (the subs have identical armaments), they have 3 nuclear torpedoes and two nuclear rockets each
this has happened to me in other scenarios, lol. unknown underwater contacts + some paranoia on my own part = nuked whales
station them in gulf of riga, tia :patriot:

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Anyone put time in on a Steam Controller? What's your thoughts? I'm happy enough with the 360 pad I have here, but I'm intrigued by the replacing of a stick by the touchpad.

its basically the perfect controller for playing fallout 3 on your couch or anything that is slow and doesnt require a lot of accuracy. its a bad replacement for a gamepad because emulating a stick on the right pad is awful due to no recentering. i play fo3 by having the pad in "mouse joystick" mode plus continue motion if im touching the edge of the pad. its not very smooth but keeps the button prompts accurate

don't try to play an fast fps with the steam controller. yo ucan set it up to use the gyroscope for aiming like splatoon uses the wii u pad (super cool) but pc-based fps games are so much faster you will get destroyed

the haptic feedback is fully sick. the triggers are good, they have feedback and a detent at the end of the pull like the gamecube controller. its actually really good for browsing the web, one pad for scrolling one for pointing. the pads are hard plastic, easy to move your thumbs over and very accurate. buttons are a little oddly placed but easy to get used to.

its currently not a great solution to the problem it was designed to solve. the config options are incredibly deep but they kind of have to be because nothing was designed with this sort of controller in mind so you or someone on steam is just half-asssedly emulating a different controller. a game designed around it would be really really cool but until then youre spending $50 on a kind of neat toy

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
cgs: probably shouldn't punch grenades in vats, super sledge continues to super own everybody, including my companion

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
GUESS THE GAME:
  • Regular freezing for between 1-2 minutes when pausing, un-pausing, completing a mission, or especially when exiting the game
  • Frequent instances of audio desyncing from the video
  • Controls that stop working after switching out of the game and back
  • The entire ocean disappearing—twice
  • Random disconnects from the server

Liver Disaster posted:

do kids not normally read the cask of amontillado anymore?
I hate to break it to you but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXqRr2MJwZo

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Dec 3, 2015

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
hey, all of my complaints about just cause 3 where dumb and wrong because i don't know how to play video games anymore

goty

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cardboard Box A posted:

GUESS THE GAME:
  • Regular freezing for between 1-2 minutes when pausing, un-pausing, completing a mission, or especially when exiting the game
  • Frequent instances of audio desyncing from the video
  • Controls that stop working after switching out of the game and back
  • The entire ocean disappearing—twice
  • Random disconnects from the server
jc3

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
c tis-100 s:

seems liek there should be an instruction to add bak to acc

e: or acc to bak

ee:having 1 register sux

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Yodzilla posted:

I feel like FO4 is completely lacking in interesting characters. FONV was chock full of them and at least 3 had the tree guy and ThreeDog and Moira and some others. FO4 feels like they mostly built a good sandbox but then didn't flesh out the inhabitants at all

like, why the gently caress aren't there quests for half of the companions? what's up with that radio tower with the show host you can't do anything with? why are there no quests about the mayor of diamond city? why bother making gunners and children of the atom a thing if they're no different than raiders? why can't I do anything with the Atom Cats??

3 dog Harold and moira were all poo poo.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jenny Agutter posted:

its basically the perfect controller for playing fallout 3 on your couch or anything that is slow and doesnt require a lot of accuracy

++

tyvm for the informative post :thumbsup:

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx

Stymie posted:

i should have bolded the text

your failures will echo for 1000 years

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Yodzilla posted:

I feel like FO4 is completely lacking in interesting characters. FONV was chock full of them and at least 3 had the tree guy and ThreeDog and Moira and some others. FO4 feels like they mostly built a good sandbox but then didn't flesh out the inhabitants at all

like, why the gently caress aren't there quests for half of the companions? what's up with that radio tower with the show host you can't do anything with? why are there no quests about the mayor of diamond city? why bother making gunners and children of the atom a thing if they're no different than raiders? why can't I do anything with the Atom Cats??
dlc ofc

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Blackula69 posted:

save often before the very end just fyi
drat you have to be quick on the draw coming out of that elevator :mad:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

bobbilljim posted:

c tis-100 s:

seems liek there should be an instruction to add bak to acc

e: or acc to bak

ee:having 1 register sux

while this would be nice, the lack of interaction between acc and bak is one of the limitations that helps make the game harder

if you really need it, you can always mov acc to another node, swp, then read from that node again

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
in just cause 3, the last collectible boat is located on one of the inland lakes with no garages at the site. you also can't tether to airlift it out via heli, nor drag it into the back of another vehicle

so i spent half an hour last night standing on it, using tethers to drag it 2km along the road to get to the nearest garage.

i don't know why =(

was funny tho.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Iridium posted:

so i spent half an hour last night standing on it, using tethers to drag it 2km along the road to get to the nearest garage.
this is very reminiscent of early closed betas in korea for archeage, when small boat grappling hooks could be effectively used to climb almost any object in the game, as long as you could be arsed to spend enough time to hapoon-drag yourself to somewhere

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

drat you have to be quick on the draw coming out of that elevator :mad:

yeah I just used the console because it's dumb that you don't have enough time to do the thing

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Iridium posted:

in just cause 3, the last collectible boat is located on one of the inland lakes with no garages at the site. you also can't tether to airlift it out via heli, nor drag it into the back of another vehicle

i don't know why =(

was funny tho.

i cleared the entire first island and part of the second without fast travel.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

there are too many new god damned games to play right now

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Al! posted:

there are too many new god damned games to play right now

this is true. i still haven't finished witcher 3

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Space-Pope posted:

e: it happened again :smith:

e2: nuking achieved

the lightning bolt symbols denote that they're caught up in the EMP blast from the nuke. either way, even if it was technically a miss, it's not like you need to be completely accurate vOv

i want to play this but i have a feeling ill be completely lost

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Iridium posted:

i don't know why =(

was funny tho.

is it just really big and too heavy to be lifted?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

its linkle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9mQo2qIgi8

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

wow FO4.... you actually made me stare at the screen in wonder

spoilers?

walking out after meeting and killing the bald guy who killed my spouse, the goddamn BoS has a flying fortress?!

holy poo poo!

also Strong owns - i gave him an exploding minigun and nothing stands in our way, the game is easy as gently caress

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

*watching the airship stutter in and out of existence as it majestically flies along* wow...Bethesda have done it again. Bravo.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Knuc U Kinte posted:

*watching the airship stutter in and out of existence as it majestically flies along* wow...Bethesda have done it again. Bravo.

maybe on your system, on the ps4 it was floating the entire time with all the ships flying out - looked great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1RshURT_1I

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

yeah i played the game on pretty low settings and that reveal was still cool, and surprisingly lacking in Bethesda Animation

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
when i got out of that lab i tried to fast travel and the game wouldn't let me. i couldn't figure out why until i heard the loudspeaker and looked up and was like OH drat this is kind of important

i want a mod that cranks up the AI fights in Fallout 4 to insane levels post-game. stumbling into Brotherhood vs Railroad vs Minutemen vs Institute vs Gunners vs Raiders vs Supermutants vs Animals battles is the goddamn best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

wow FO4.... you actually made me stare at the screen in wonder

spoilers?

walking out after meeting and killing the bald guy who killed my spouse, the goddamn BoS has a flying fortress?!

holy poo poo!

yeah, that looked great. there's a huge crash bug in the quest where you fly to it, but w/e.

knuc, wtf is wrong with your computer? mine's from 2012 and it runs fo4 at near-high settings just fine

• Locked thread