Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

I see Bill Cosby is white in the Zelda universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Dizz posted:

As if Nintendno would make it that easy and not require you to connect the 3ds to the WiiU with the game to sync data

Pretty sure "code in the box" was confirmed by Nintendo themselves.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I see Bill Cosby is white in the Zelda universe.

Bill Cosby jokes just don't have the same feel to them anymore. :smith:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I hope toon link has a few different weapon sets. Skull hammer would be cool.

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

FirstAidKite posted:

I hope toon link has a few different weapon sets. Skull hammer would be cool.

A train.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Linebeck should draw lines in a map and attack with his boat ramming into enemies.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The T posted:

A train.

I would love that, too, but I will settle for alphonso riding around on a train

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

new Linkle trailer.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Chargeable crossbows?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I think it was GameXplain that pointed out in a video that the red arrows being bomb arrows and the green arrows being whatever they are is an homage to Link's Crossbow Training of all things.

Also she looks fun but I dunno if she looks as fun as a dude who is also A Boat.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
He needs to be A Boat more frequently.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Thaaaaaaats.....not how crossbows work! can't wait to try it out

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Nahxela posted:

He needs to be A Boat more frequently.

More frequently than every single charge attack?

quote:

Thaaaaaaats.....not how crossbows work! can't wait to try it out

They took the lessons they learned from Lianshi to heart, I guess.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Bloodly posted:

More frequently than every single charge attack?
He should be a boat all the time, is what I'm saying.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Nahxela posted:

He should be a boat all the time, is what I'm saying.

I'd accept it as his version of a horse, maybe. Not his walk or normal attack. We'd lose the coverage he has, which looks pretty good. Half of those charge attacks came from DW8 Huang Gai, who uses a boat strapped to his arm.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
I really look forward to Linkle. I like she uses the same sound effect for charging her cross bow as the charge sound that was used in Link's Crossbow Training.

Spectacle Rock fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Dec 5, 2015

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
I'd been extremely surprised if Linkle's moveset didn't have any references to Link's Crossbow Training.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Folt The Bolt posted:

I'd been extremely surprised if Linkle's moveset didn't have any references to Link's Crossbow Training.

How would they do that? Just have random numbers pop out of enemies sometimes?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So a thumbnail from Famitsu showed up saying that you can apparently make your own fairy now for some reason, as well as confirming a Ocean adventure map.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

that's what Hyruke Warriors was missing! sailor fuku

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Folt The Bolt posted:

It does. I don't know the specifics but it has to do with color that the bows glow when she attacks.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Yes?

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Speak english?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

fuku you

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Is there a reason a cucco follows you around in some adventure maps? I assume it's just the game being a dick when the bird inevitably gets caught in the crossfire and aggros on you.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

dscruffy1 posted:

Is there a reason a cucco follows you around in some adventure maps? I assume it's just the game being a dick when the bird inevitably gets caught in the crossfire and aggros on you.

There's a few maps where you have to lead the cucco back to the momma cucco. If you do that the cuccos get stronger and won't attack you.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

No matter what role they play, cuccos exist to take big fat dumps in your mouth and ruin your fun

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kaethela posted:

There's a few maps where you have to lead the cucco back to the momma cucco. If you do that the cuccos get stronger and won't attack you.

I think those are separate from the ones they're talking about. Because I remember thinking the exact same thing. It's just this rear end in a top hat hazard that follows you around for no reason but to make things harder, and I'm pretty sure you just start off with the cucco following you.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Oxyclean posted:

I think those are separate from the ones they're talking about. Because I remember thinking the exact same thing. It's just this rear end in a top hat hazard that follows you around for no reason but to make things harder, and I'm pretty sure you just start off with the cucco following you.

There are several variants on cuccos and they all suck.

PS - "Mama Cucco is attacking all forces in a rage!" is the biggest lie ever told

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

Well poo poo. Admittedly I haven't played in quite a while, so maybe I blocked that one out of my memory.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

That particular Cuccoo appears on a few maps, and its entire purpose is to be an rear end in a top hat hazard that follows you around getting in the way and summoning cuccoos when you accidentally glance at it funny.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

dscruffy1 posted:

Ostensibly the enemy can attack the cucco enough to have the same effect. In practice I've never seen it and you just have to deal with it.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

cloofish posted:

Ostensibly the enemy can attack the cucco enough to have the same effect. In practice I've never seen it and you just have to deal with it.

I've never seen this happen. I've tested it out and let both mooks, captains, and generals wail on the poor thing for ten or fifteen minutes and never had it turn on them. I don't think it's possible to have it aggro enemies, and it exists solely to gently caress you over.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

gamexplain with the deets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82xDsqBW2fc

the new costumes are gonna rule. i dont know wtf lana's is supposed to be

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

mabels big day posted:

gamexplain with the deets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82xDsqBW2fc

the new costumes are gonna rule. i dont know wtf lana's is supposed to be

my best guess is majora's mask deku princess?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

It's Terra from Final Fantasy

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Sinners Sandwich posted:

You do realize that the fairies are all modeled after zelda NPCS? And that one of them is Malon from OoT, she will be the best fairy.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm surprised Malon isn't playable

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm surprised Malon isn't playable

That would require the devs to have played a 2D Zelda game after 1.

e: am I thinking of Marin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Takoluka posted:

That would require the devs to have played a 2D Zelda game after 1.

e: am I thinking of Marin?

Yeah, you're thinking of marin. Malon is the horse rancher lady that is pretty much always there at every ranch in the series alongside Talon & Ingo

e: apparently Talon & Malon are based on Tarin and Marin tho so

• Locked thread