Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

humble bundles exact format except digital distribution doesnt exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I prefer to have physical copies of games for console

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i prefer physical Game but i also dont care if digital is the only way to get the Game

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

absolutely anything posted:

i prefer physical Game but i also dont care if digital is the only way to get the Game

me too

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
the onmly thing i dont really like is physical games with digital codes, like the mgs legacy collection having mgs1 as a download code. or that giant street fighter box set that was almost all codes

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

it depends on the game. if its something i want to play a lot without having to swap out the cart or disc, i like digital

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

mabels big day posted:

it depends on the game. if its something i want to play a lot without having to swap out the cart or disc, i like digital

True actually. I got Smash for 3DS and Theatrerhythm: CUrtain Call on 3DS digitally for this very reason.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

op please tell the other users here about your love for the game boy camera

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

elf help book posted:

game boy camera

I have one of those with the printer it's really neat

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

trying to jack off posted:

humble bundles exact format except digital distribution doesnt exist

Its like if $20 only got you the basic bitch android port games, plus shipping and handling

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

elf help book posted:

op please tell the other users here about your love for the game boy camera

i love the game boy camera its one of my favorite things. my av used to be the items menu man. i recently bought a thing that hooks to game boy via link cable and acts like a game boy printer (which i also have along with a billion rolls of paper because they were cheap) but it actually "prints" a .bmp of the picture onto an sd card. and also i bought a game boy light to use as a dedicated game boy camera machine, so i can see the screen when its dark and not have the cartridge be upside down like gba sp. i took pictures of my dogs over thanksgiving (secret: one of these is not a dog!)

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i love the game boy camera its one of my favorite things. my av used to be the items menu man. i recently bought a thing that hooks to game boy via link cable and acts like a game boy printer (which i also have along with a billion rolls of paper because they were cheap) but it actually "prints" a .bmp of the picture onto an sd card. and also i bought a game boy light to use as a dedicated game boy camera machine, so i can see the screen when its dark and not have the cartridge be upside down like gba sp. i took pictures of my dogs over thanksgiving (secret: one of these is not a dog!)

That's badass.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

this rules

also good dogs

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
game boy camera is pretty cool http://www.ironicsans.com/2007/09/idea_color_photos_with_the_gam.html

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't mean to show my hand early here, but one of my 2016 gamer goals is to get a Dreamcast so I can play Shenmue 1 & 2.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i bought a dreamcast for 2 dollars at a thrift store several years ago but i don't have any games and it's missing a power cable so i haven't touched it since

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Dreamcast has good racing games. It's also pretty reliable, I got that and the PS2 around the same time and the Dreamcast still works very well.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Remember Bleemcast? This gamer does.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

we have at least 2 dreamcasts. maybe 3. i honestly don't remember.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

rediscover posted:

i bought a dreamcast for 2 dollars at a thrift store several years ago but i don't have any games and it's missing a power cable so i haven't touched it since

i thought it took the same standard power cable as the ps2. but my memory on this is also fuzzy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

As a Millennial I posted:

we have at least 2 dreamcasts. maybe 3. i honestly don't remember.

I'll take one.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

its good to have backups because you can swap out broken parts pretty easily

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

In Training posted:

I'll take one.

if i find the extra one you can have it. it's in a large pile somewhere.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

It's crazy that the average dreamcast actually requires routine maintenance

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

the only thing ive had to do for my dreamcast is realign the power supply pins so it doesn't randomly reset. it's been a good boy

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i want a solar powered vmu

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

As a Millennial I posted:

i thought it took the same standard power cable as the ps2. but my memory on this is also fuzzy.

it does

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

the music and menu stuff and general look of the game boy camera software freaked me out as a little kid

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Looper posted:

the music and menu stuff and general look of the game boy camera software freaked me out as a little kid

it's my big favorite. its so loving weird and eclectic and nothing else like it will ever exist again

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 2, 2015

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

my post is stuck. radium!!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I made a thread about Original War a few months back... I love to buy & play old rear end PC games like that. Sometimes you get a bad egg with a horrible UI or controls that is almost impossible to play when you aren't a stubborn 8 year old any more, but sometimes you get a game thats super loving sweet and way ahead of its time, and you have a good time. If you like old PC games I would check it out

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
I picked up tiberian sun and ra2 a while ago and was super hyped to play them but neither one will work for me

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

In Training posted:

I don't mean to show my hand early here, but one of my 2016 gamer goals is to get a Dreamcast so I can play Shenmue 1 & 2.
looking at prices on ebay (and assuming you're not just gonna burn a cd :v:) it looks like the xbox version of shenmue 2 might be a better go, since it's cheaper, has an english-language dub (which people have hacked into the dreamcast game) and some other tweaks, and runs on a 360 with some minor non-fatal bugs.

The Kins fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Dec 3, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm gonna burn a CD.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm gonna copy that floppy.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Mind if I roll a CD?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Waiting an hour and a half for the CD to finish burning in my 1998 Compaq... that moment of anticipation as it spun up, waiting to see if it was finally a playable copy of Crazy Taxi or just another coaster... those were the days

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

busted at work cuz theres a big thought bubble over my head with just sonic in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

In Training posted:

I'm gonna burn a CD.
oh okay, well in that case it might be worth looking for the english dub mod

also keep in mind the dc version was only released in a PAL version so you might need a boot disc or a vga adaptor or something? i don't know a lot about dreamcast stuff, sorry

Not a Children posted:

Waiting an hour and a half for the CD to finish burning in my 1998 Compaq... that moment of anticipation as it spun up, waiting to see if it was finally a playable copy of Crazy Taxi or just another coaster... those were the days
one day scientists will figure out what the hell the point of GD-ROM was when DVDs were a thing