Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I usually buy stuff when I can but I'd rather not bother with GC stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

The Kins posted:

also keep in mind the dc version was only released in a PAL version so you might need a boot disc or a vga adaptor or something? i don't know a lot about dreamcast stuff, sorry
one day scientists will figure out what the hell the point of GD-ROM was when DVDs were a thing

DVD drives were prohibitively expensive in the late 90s, I think they didn't reach the $100 retail price point til 2001

The PS2 was originally a loss leader, even at its original $300

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I buy carts but not cd/dvd cause they are usually scratched to hell and don't work

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

African AIDS cum posted:

I buy carts but not cd/dvd cause they are usually scratched to hell and don't work
i bought a ps1 copy of quake 2 secondhand and it had a huge blockbuster video sticker on the disc

still worked thankfully

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
also at one point i bought a copy of crackdown for 360 secondhand, and it was so scratched that it eventually decided to stop loading stuff

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The super Gameboy is so cool. Being able to customize the color pallette is extremely win, as is the custom borders. I only wish you could play GBC games as well so I could play the Zelda Oracle games on it.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

mabels big day posted:

The super Gameboy is so cool. Being able to customize the color pallette is extremely win, as is the custom borders. I only wish you could play GBC games as well so I could play the Zelda Oracle games on it.

i keep my gamecube hooked up just to use the gameboy player

The Kins posted:

also keep in mind the dc version was only released in a PAL version so you might need a boot disc or a vga adaptor or something? i don't know a lot about dreamcast stuff, sorry

boot disc sounds like the easiest option

Pikachu fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Dec 3, 2015

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The Kins posted:

also at one point i bought a copy of crackdown for 360 secondhand, and it was so scratched that it eventually decided to stop loading stuff

For whatever reason all of the PS2 GTA games I had eventually did this as well. They would work ok for 20 minutes and then the textures would disappear, then the map in the HUD, then the cars. You would just be walking around an empty void. Then the game would freeze.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
one time i bought a copy of crazy taxi 2 that did the same thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az1CLCXyRic

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sony Europe trademarked a bunch of PS2 games for PS4 and it includes Dark Cloud and Rogue Galaxy so we should maybe expect those in the first batch

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pablo Gigante posted:

Sony Europe trademarked a bunch of PS2 games for PS4 and it includes Dark Cloud and Rogue Galaxy so we should maybe expect those in the first batch

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/12/04/fan-favorite-ps2-games-launching-on-ps4-tomorrow/

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Whoa awesome. Parappa 2 coming soon is extremely cool as well but it might be hard to play on current TVs with lag

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
even though they should let you just put in discs i knew they wouldnt, but i thought they would at least have ps2 classics carry over. and not charge $15. im not going to pay $15 for mark of kri, or a digital download of any ps2 game really

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Metal gear solid game boy color was selling for 25 bucks now all of a sudden a few months later it goes for 60. I think a cabal of price fixers is manipulating the used game market.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Other then eBay and amazon, does anyone have any suggestions for buying old skool classics online at reasonable prices?

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

I'd pay 15 bux for ps4 nocturne. What about the onimusha series? Surprised that's been dormant for so long.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

African AIDS cum posted:

Metal gear solid game boy color was selling for 25 bucks now all of a sudden a few months later it goes for 60. I think a cabal of price fixers is manipulating the used game market.

Any time there is some big refresh on a game, if it's good, everything else associated with it can go up in price. I mean, look at Shenmue when that kickstarter was announced.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

beepstreet posted:

What about the onimusha series? Surprised that's been dormant for so long.
apparently every onimusha game only sold about 60% of what the previous game sold, so i guess it just kinda stopped making enough money at some point

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

the gameboy rules. still pretty cheap to collect for, especially if you're willing to import games. backlighting a gb is a fun little project and it's so drat useful. (the batteries are near dead here but the power led is also blue)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Metroid II is a cool game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Leagues better than the original at least.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My favorite thing written on a gaming device is probably DOT MATRIX WITH STEREO SOUND...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's extremely 90s, and extremely win.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Wormskull posted:

It's extremely 90s, and extremely win.

why'd you type the same thing twice?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Pikachu posted:

why'd you type the same thing twice?

The 90s weren't that great.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Slur posted:

The 90s weren't that great.

Edgyyyyy.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I want a HD collection of the Onimusha series

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

i have a retrovirus

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

I want a HD collection of the Onimusha series

Same. Hell, reboot it. Give it the RE4 perspective and assign the weapon controls to the right stick ala Revengance. Slash projectiles out of the air and disarm / cripple enemies with location based damage. Bring back the more down to earth (no time travelling Frenchmen) horror vibe from the original game and the varied feudal settings from it and the second one. Maybe capcom will do it after we get 4 versions of Street Fighter V

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I hope that they also port the Tenchu games to PS4.

Buschmaki fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Dec 5, 2015

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Hell,

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Here's a cool article about an 8-player, projector NES in a Swiss nightclub: http://arstechnica.co.uk/gadgets/2015/12/8-players-8-projectors-8-bits-and-just-one-nintendo-entertainment-system/

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
this is even worse than the last time i checked :homebrew:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I also would not mind a dot.Hack HD collection.

beepstreet posted:

Same. Hell, reboot it. Give it the RE4 perspective and assign the weapon controls to the right stick ala Revengance. Slash projectiles out of the air and disarm / cripple enemies with location based damage. Bring back the more down to earth (no time travelling Frenchmen) horror vibe from the original game and the varied feudal settings from it and the second one. Maybe capcom will do it after we get 4 versions of Street Fighter V

Jean Reno was good you philistine

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Pikachu posted:

Oh. Yeah. Last time I checked was a year ago. They're only going to get more expensive.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Slur posted:

Oh. Yeah. Last time I checked was a year ago. They're only going to get more expensive.

only reason i own a wii tbh

well that and mpt

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

I also would not mind a dot.Hack HD collection.

Jean Reno was good you philistine

He was the best part of 3. But I loved that survival horror aspect of the first game. Maybe he could still be in it, just fresh off the boat

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pikachu posted:

I spent 60 dollars on a used copy of Windwaker, 40 on a gamecube controller, and 30 something on a 'cube memory card to play it for the first time only for Windwaker HD to be announced a week later.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

I spent 60 dollars on a used copy of Windwaker, 40 on a gamecube controller, and 30 something on a 'cube memory card to play it for the first time only for Windwaker HD to be announced a week later.

lol ouch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Wormskull posted:

condolences