Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Teenage Fansub posted:

DC will be running a Buy One Get One Free (if it's over three months old) deal on Monday.
http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/11/20/dc-digital-announces-blockbuster-cyber-monday-sale

e: I'll leave this note here to remind myself to buy up Starman, Hitman and JLI :)

Is the deal active?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe
Doesn't look like it, but they've been starting some of their sales at noon rather than midnight recently.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Comixology is doing a Cyber Monday Dark Horse sale, mildly annoyed that it includes the collected editions of Lady Killer and Archie vs Predator, which I got in individual issues in the Black Friday sale.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Use DCBOGO at checkout, works on anything released before September 1 and expires November 30.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
How is Sinestro and is it worth it?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Space Fish posted:

Use DCBOGO at checkout, works on anything released before September 1 and expires November 30.

So I put everything I want in the cart, and after putting the code and at checkout I get to choose which will be free?

Or do I put the books I buy full price in the cart, use the code and pay, and then get to choose my free comics?

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Nov 30, 2015

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
It should do that last part automatically.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Uthor posted:

It should do that last part automatically.

Oh so it's going to pick the cheapest comics :eng99: Can I use the code several times?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

Oh so it's going to pick the cheapest comics :eng99: Can I use the code several times?

You can, but it doesn't do that. Like, if you add two $12 collections and two $4 issues, it will make one collection and one issue free, leaving you with a $16 bill. You can always check the amounts before completing the purchase to make sure.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Thanks, it worked fine.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

So, that DC sale..

:sweatdrop:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Been there, for sure.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I just bought a few Gotham Academy and Starman. Dark Horse got a load of my money on Friday.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I've managed to spend just $10 since Wednesday.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Oh god. The DC sale extends to Vertigo. I'm dead.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

Oh god. The DC sale extends to Vertigo. I'm dead.

Yep I also got sleeper season 1 and 2

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

So glad I waited on Grayson, 1-11 are a buck apiece in the new Robin War sale. Sure, I only picked up 9, 10, + 11 from being somewhat behind, but anyone who hasn't read the series yet should definitely dive in.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

So lets never speck of that sale again and the amount spent.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
The DC BOGO was too short, I wanted to spend a full hour hunting down trades with matched prices but DC has such a spotty trade catalog.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
To be 100% fair they both do.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Oh, hey, a new BKV and Marcos Martin comic for pay-what-you-wish.
http://panelsyndicate.com/previews/barrier001

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
What's worth getting in the Robin War sale?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Casyl posted:

What's worth getting in the Robin War sale?

We Are Robin and Grayson have good goonsensus about them. Robin Year One is, like, the third best Year One book, which sounds like faint praise, but Batman and Batgirl are like two of my favourite comics of all time. Bob Haney Teen Titans is a good time, but very, very DC Silver Age.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Just received an update for iOS Comixology that lets you sign into or merge with your Amazon account and read "many of" the comics and manga that have been released for Kindle. Which is nice, I guess.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
It'd be nice if it could pick up on the fact that I already have things on my iPad instead of making me redownload everything. Also, not sure about western stuff, but the manga is all in fixed view apparently.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The website now has explicit Amazon branding on it as well, just like Audible.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
So how is incorruptible/irredeemable? I know about the dumb ending, but otherwise?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Both are really good, I think Incorruptible is the better of the two because it has a sharper focus on one character. It could have easily been an ongoing and I wish it was.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

I read Irredeemable and Incorruptible via the digital omnibi and can testify that both are terrific.

Also, reading all of Justice League International should be a rite of passage in comics questing. Hot drat, some good sales out now.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Irredeemable starts out extremely strong but runs a lot longer than it should have.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I was going to ask what's good in the Justice League sale. Also, has anyone read Garth Ennis' War Stories?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Anime_Otaku posted:

I was going to ask what's good in the Justice League sale. Also, has anyone read Garth Ennis' War Stories?

Justice League International and maybe vol 3 of the modern series, which was a pretty good Aquaman crossover.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Opopanax posted:

Irredeemable starts out extremely strong but runs a lot longer than it should have.

I see this a lot and I have no idea what people mean by it. Where should it have ended?

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Anything worth reading in the Pre-Nu52 Justice League series?

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Anime_Otaku posted:

Also, has anyone read Garth Ennis' War Stories?

I'm a huge Ennis fan, and the original run of War Stories that was originally published by DC (the two collected editions) is one of my favorite things that he's done.

Also worth noting for anyone planning on purchasing these, there's also a bundle of all the books not listed on the sale page that is a couple bucks cheaper then buying them individually-$24.99 for the bundle versus $29.86 individually.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Comixology is no longer taking paypal as you have to merge it with an amazon account.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Comixology is no longer taking paypal as you have to merge it with an amazon account.

On the plus side you can read your Kindle comics on the far superior Comixology app.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

zoux posted:

I see this a lot and I have no idea what people mean by it. Where should it have ended?

Ignoring the ending itself from memory I'd say the 4th 5th or so could have been excised or reduced. It felt like a book that decided to wrap up after kinda running out of things to do with the premise but while still thinking maybe it could go on for a while longer.

If you've read the recent Unknown Soldier, the opposite of that.

MrTundra
Aug 19, 2014

bobkatt013 posted:

It's still giving me the option to pay with PayPal (in addition to Amazon). Maybe because I'm in the UK?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

MrTundra posted:

It's still giving me the option to pay with PayPal (in addition to Amazon). Maybe because I'm in the UK?

Did you merge the account yet?