Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Zaggitz posted:

The new defiled npc made watchdog pretty cake, I'll upload a vid of it shortly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n12G8NCsIck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I reached a boss in the DLC and nearly vommed when I saw it

?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fiction posted:

Is the first area of the DLC just massive or did I miss something

i havent found any lanterns yet but i feel like ive covered a lot of ground

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

his design is so gross, ina good way, natch.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
that first boss is a hell of a boss

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

how do you die to micolash lmao

although now he is WAY more dangerous since they buffed the poo poo out of the tentacle attack

Maybe when he casts a call beyond in a tiny room? Just maybe.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's because I always get super lazy and put too much distance between me and him in the second phase and die instantly to call beyond.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I died an embarrassing number of times on father g with the threaded cane last night. it's gonna take a while to get used to not being able to rally as hard as I can with strength weapons.

Dec 26, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Maybe when he casts a call beyond in a tiny room? Just maybe.

yeah if you're not ready for that it'll probably one-shot you

Evil Eagle posted:

I died an embarrassing number of times on father g with the threaded cane last night. it's gonna take a while to get used to not being able to rally as hard as I can with strength weapons.

pretty much. hit and run works well in most cases especially with how much range the whip has

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Evil Eagle posted:

hes real tough

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
one thing i didnt realize: equipping the league covenant rune adds unique npc summons to the game. very cool

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

In Training posted:

i havent found any lanterns yet but i feel like ive covered a lot of ground

There's a lamp to the right of where you go to fight the first boss. Instead of going up the hill, go to the right and enter the little church-like area and there's a lamp right there.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

I think I've died to Micolash more than any other boss in the game

i suck @ the witches of hemwick lol.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
alright, time to beat spoilers ludwig. i died a couple times to him last night. im having problems with the camera vs him. mayube i should just lock on since hes so fast ?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's who I'm on. I died once last night and fell asleep, getting excited to try again today

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i think i'll go get a +9 weapon before coming back to him . i wanna use the whirligig saw :-)

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
anyway, my tips so far would be , stay under him, and run to his side or behind him to heal. like he can do a horse kick but he doesnt do it often . if you run away from him he has an ebrietas type charge move and most of his swipes have big range.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

You mostly wanna dodge ol' ludwig to the left in my experience, especially when he charges

And make sure to get the lamp right before him otherwise the boss run is super annoying

Also don't even try to dodge when he leaps up and disappears for a couple seconds. Just run in a direction and he'll miss you. If you dodge you might get hit in a counter-frame and get one-shot

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Harrow posted:

Also don't even try to dodge when he leaps up and disappears for a couple seconds. Just run in a direction and he'll miss you. If you dodge you might get hit in a counter-frame and get one-shot

ohh thanks.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the most important ludwig tip is after youve beaten him, make sure you get the boss weapon out of his head. you can potentially miss out on it if you dont do it asap

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Can you get whirligig before Ludwig? I still have my +6 hammer and want to find a good DLC wep before I get too far. I found a boom hammer, hwhip sword and Hunter cutter or something

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Can you get whirligig before Ludwig? I still have my +6 hammer and want to find a good DLC wep before I get too far. I found a boom hammer, hwhip sword and Hunter cutter or something

yeah you can. you missed 1 more weapon too

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

the most important ludwig tip is after youve beaten him, make sure you get the boss weapon out of his head. you can potentially miss out on it if you dont do it asap

tyvm

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

yeah you can. you missed 1 more weapon too

Ty. I think I know where some stuff is (haven't fully explored the river of blood)

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
btw, is the random beast blood pellet in mensis behind the portable wall thing supposed to imply that its actually turd and not congealed blood? ;lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
"supposedly formed of coagulated beast blood"

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

In Training posted:

Yes, it's past the lamp to Ludwig's door's right. Go down the stairs near that lamp and follow the path

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

does ludwig fight honorably like my friend Artorias?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

tumor looking batty posted:

does ludwig fight honorably like my friend Artorias?

Eventually

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
theyre definitely turds

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Beast blood pellets are totally poop.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
:D

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i like how the pebbles are actually eyes, but i wish there was some sort of shameful turd pile you could throw like the dung

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i oneshot ludwig in a drunk haze and i feel like i missed the fight. all i remember is that his second phase was loving dope as hell

Dec 26, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

i oneshot ludwig in a drunk haze and i feel like i missed the fight. all i remember is that his second phase was loving dope as hell

you remembered correctly

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Unless you're married to using the cane for everything the saw makes this fight a lot more tenable. it's doable with the whip if you like a challenge though

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tips on father g second form: back up and let him rage, he has big rest periods between tantrums
also you can make him stupid easy with the music box if you're a puss-puss

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The threaded cane is still my favorite weapon even after the DLC, at least once you start getting lots of SKL and get some gems in it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
got ludwig straight away at sl 79 with a +10 weapon :-) his 2nd phase is much easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fiction posted:

Unless you're married to using the cane for everything the saw makes this fight a lot more tenable. it's doable with the whip if you like a challenge though

it's my third character, used nothing but saw cleaver on my og and it's definitely going to be my go to for blasting through the game.

My second character used almost nothing but the hunter's axe, I really could do like 30 playthroughs of this game just to get a full run with all the weapons.

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Dec 3, 2015