Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

baram. posted:

Which clip on mic did you get? I was thinking about doing this and just bought a new pair of m50x since my m50s died.

I got the "Zalman Zm-Mic1" for like 7 bucks and people tell me it sounds just fine.

I also just looked for microphones that attach to the MH50x like I mentioned, such as this one, but it seems like that might end up being way too expensive for what you're getting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lard on Fork posted:

MGS V
The Last of Us Remastered
Shadow of Mordor
Arkham Knight
Witcher 3
Fallout 4

Youve got 5 huge open world games in that list.

I've played all of them and i would keep mgs,fo4,w3.

Batman is the weakest of the series imo and shadows is a fun game but not as fun as the others unless you want to see what assassins creed done right would look like. Also both these games have very similar combat so definitely wouldnt keep both.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Expect to see a bunch of Uncharted 4 MP footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIMwOyJtBOw

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

ufarn posted:

Expect to see a bunch of Uncharted 4 MP footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIMwOyJtBOw

Is that "you can see the silhouettes of players behind objects" a common thing now?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

BonoMan posted:

Is that "you can see the silhouettes of players behind objects" a common thing now?

They do this for teammates a lot yes, not enemies.

It looks pretty much exactly like TLOU multiplayer, except less gruesome, which would mean I'll play it a lot. But I'll miss the visceral brutality of TLOU, even though it doesn't really fit in Drake's world.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I've never played any Uncharted MP but it looks okay I guess. Something that'll be abandoned 2 weeks after release

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

People are still playing multiplayer on 3.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Reverse Centaur posted:

They do this for teammates a lot yes, not enemies.

It looks pretty much exactly like TLOU multiplayer, except less gruesome, which would mean I'll play it a lot. But I'll miss the visceral brutality of TLOU, even though it doesn't really fit in Drake's world.
All the gore was censored in the EU version because of those goddamn Germans, so at least it'll be an equal opportunity shooter fest this time around.

And please don't ever criticize the game for babysitting players in MP, because TLOU pubbies are, beyond compare, the most frustrating experience I've ever had in a videogame. I'm the nicest guy around, and I've had to restrain myself from tearing team mates apart on several occasions.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

that looks exactly like tlou ps4 but with a grappling hook, i was kinda hoping for a bigger jump in graphics or at least some sort of wow factor

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Badly Jester posted:

I got the "Zalman Zm-Mic1" for like 7 bucks and people tell me it sounds just fine.

I also just looked for microphones that attach to the MH50x like I mentioned, such as this one, but it seems like that might end up being way too expensive for what you're getting.
The Zalman works when plugged into your controller?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Davincie posted:

that looks exactly like tlou ps4 but with a grappling hook, i was kinda hoping for a bigger jump in graphics or at least some sort of wow factor

Single player has better graphics.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Rascyc posted:

The Zalman works when plugged into your controller?

You need an adapter that lets you plug in both the headphones and the mic at the same time. I just looked it up, and apparently Amazon even sells such an adapter bundled with the Zalman.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Davincie posted:

It's really all about the little details with their multiplayer.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Badly Jester posted:

You need an adapter that lets you plug in both the headphones and the mic at the same time. I just looked it up, and apparently Amazon even sells such an adapter bundled with the Zalman.
Thanks. Yea that's what I thought. I misread and thought you found a model that skips the adapter.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
It's going to be so loving nice to have a MP without the dumbass survivor and minigame bullshit from TLOU. Dear god I hate that.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Anatharon posted:

Are there any good exclusives for the PS4 yet other than Bloodborne?

New EDF game comes out in like a weekish or so :)

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Buncha videos from Sancho West, who's a big guy in the TLOU MP community:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAraMgbFEhE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvScu88ttwg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZm9nB3CMfM

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Has anyone in the Uncharted 4 beta managed to find any games? Been stuck on the Find Match screen for a while now.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I just noticed Life is Strange the complete series is $10 on PSN. Was that good or do I need to be in high school to relate to the feels? I usually play David Cage games out of curiosity and enjoyed most of Telltale's TWD series. Was Before Dawn better because I'm sure that'll be cheap eventually.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's good but the characters talk in a manner that irritates adults.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

like mumblecore?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

More like the slang they use.

It's not Juno bad though.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Dec 3, 2015

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

kek

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I love that there are placed on the MP maps where you can double Grapple swing. I wish the grapple swing was a LITTLE more "Smooth" but it's pretty neat.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Housh posted:

like mumblecore?

It's written by 30 yo French dudes trying to replicate American kids they've seen on TV and goes about as well as you'd expect. It's a good game though and that ends up kind of endearing, it's way better than anything Telltale has done since the first WD anyway (apart from maybe ToB), though the 'eh' ending kind of drags it down a little.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
If anyone wants an Uncharted 4 MP code, I'm not going to use mine.

e: nevermind, can't use it without Uncharted Collection savedata.

Magus42 fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Dec 3, 2015

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Magus42 posted:

If anyone wants an Uncharted 4 MP code, I'm not going to use mine.

Me! but i think you need to have save data from the collection

Playstation.Blog posted:

Please note: You must have valid application save data from Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection saved in system storage in order to access the Uncharted 4 Multiplayer Beta.
:(

Housh fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Dec 3, 2015

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures
Kung Fury just might be the best 4 dollars I've ever spent on a PSN game. It's a very basic beat-em up, since there are only actually two possible things to do: Hit to the left, and hit to the right. There are no levels or anything, it's basically "endless hordes of bad dudes coming at you, fight until you die".

It's very much mindless pattern recognition and high score chasing, but I find myself playing a few rounds every night. Have any other goons tried this out?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Housh posted:

Me! but i think you need to have save data from the collection

:(

Oh. Welp, nevermind then :/

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Frabba posted:

Kung Fury just might be the best 4 dollars I've ever spent on a PSN game. It's a very basic beat-em up, since there are only actually two possible things to do: Hit to the left, and hit to the right. There are no levels or anything, it's basically "endless hordes of bad dudes coming at you, fight until you die".

It's very much mindless pattern recognition and high score chasing, but I find myself playing a few rounds every night. Have any other goons tried this out?

Make sure you watch the movie this is based on.

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

xxEightxx posted:

Make sure you watch the movie this is based on.

Oh I have, that is some quality cinema right there.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
There have been few times I have laughed as hard as I did when Triceracop first appears on screen

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Housh posted:

I just noticed Life is Strange the complete series is $10 on PSN. Was that good or do I need to be in high school to relate to the feels? I usually play David Cage games out of curiosity and enjoyed most of Telltale's TWD series. Was Before Dawn better because I'm sure that'll be cheap eventually.

it was good

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Mad Catz announced a mad stack of controllers for all your Street Fighter V needs, launching same day as the game.

Arcade Fightstick Alpha, $79.99US

Fight Pad Pro, $59.99US

Arcade Fightstick Tournament Edition 2+, $229.99US

Arcade Fightstick Tournament Edition S+, $199.99US

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Feats of Derring-Do with Charlie Cutter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3p6MW_emLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSy3xUauRvo

Feenix fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Dec 3, 2015

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

univbee posted:

Mad Catz announced a mad stack of controllers for all your Street Fighter V needs, launching same day as the game.

Arcade Fightstick Alpha, $79.99US

Fight Pad Pro, $59.99US

Arcade Fightstick Tournament Edition 2+, $229.99US

Arcade Fightstick Tournament Edition S+, $199.99US

Is there any reason to get the FPP over the Alpha when they are only $20 apart?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Shadow225 posted:

Is there any reason to get the FPP over the Alpha when they are only $20 apart?

Well ones a pad and the other one is a stick?

For the pad it seems mostly modeled off the hori FC4 and as long as the mold and buttons aren't trash it should be plenty fine for your fighting game needs. Most pad players I personally know who have an FC4 love them.

The stick being sub 100 USD probably doesn't have the higher quality buttons and other parts most arcade sticks generally come with but I can't tell you for sure because I can't find any info on the make of it at the moment. Here is a picture of it compared to a te2:

History before has shown though, if you want a stick generally you should shell out the extra money for higher quality, those old fightsticks madcatz put out besides the original TE were pretty poo poo.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Szurumbur posted:

Great, thanks! Additional question, since I realized I'll be lacking in USB ports: does the PS4 support USB hubs/splitters or whatever they're called? They;re cheaper than standalone chargers and it seems like a viable option, since my wall outlets are also limited.

Edit: for charging purposes it wouldn't matter if the cable is 1.1./2 USB type compatible, right? I don't even know what type the USB ports are.

I honestly have no idea. I think you can use whatever cable just fine but splitters/hubs I've never attempted.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Szurumbur posted:

Great, thanks! Additional question, since I realized I'll be lacking in USB ports: does the PS4 support USB hubs/splitters or whatever they're called? They;re cheaper than standalone chargers and it seems like a viable option, since my wall outlets are also limited.

Edit: for charging purposes it wouldn't matter if the cable is 1.1./2 USB type compatible, right? I don't even know what type the USB ports are.

Yes, standard hubs should work fine, as long as they pass the power through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

so can i delete the UC collection after i launch the mp beta or do i need to keep the game? i'm through with the single player stuff already and want to get some space back for other poo poo on my hdd

• Locked thread