Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
In other news: Local TF and member of far-right nationalistic Suomen Sisu organization thanks God for the destructive (but thankfully victimless) arson of a refugee reception center.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Rexroom posted:

In other news: Local TF and member of far-right nationalistic Suomen Sisu organization thanks God for the destructive (but thankfully victimless) arson of a refugee reception center.

In other news poster Rexroom doesn't care about poo poo about the (hundreds of, according to the police this morning) crimes the new arrivals commit...

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Ligur posted:

In other news poster Rexroom doesn't care about poo poo about the (hundreds of, according to the police this morning) crimes the new arrivals commit...

That's weak, even by your standards.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Ligur posted:

I see. Ligur would have liked to have refugees die in an arson attack, just so they wouldn't commit hundreds of crimes here. I admit I was apprehensive at first, but on closer introspect I see you are in the right on this. Far-right, that is.

Incidentally, it's a very basic rhetorical maneuver by the True Finns nowadays in parliament to accuse the opposition of some unrelated and unsubstantiated thing to divert the attention from the issue at hand. Especially if they're on the losing side of a debate.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Of course I don't want anyone to die, or want anyone to commit arson attacks for any reason. And it's a good thing the most common "racist crime" in Finland is someone writing something negative about Muslims... on the internet... like the police told us yesterday. There have been no murderous arson attacks in Finland against asylum seekers, only empty buildings, and probably won't be for a long time. Ok there was the time immigrants burned people to death in Tampere(?) accidentally in a pizzeria insurancy scam. But that was an accident. And that Afghan kid burned his ex girlfriend alive. That, I don't think was an accident though whatever he says.

But Rexroom, do you actually admit the police are right and the new arrivals are rather unruly, and if you do, do you give a drat about it? Or are you more interested in being scared about the far-right?

To another thing, one of the more disgusting social media trends past months has been people celebrating about sexual assaults committed by Finns. The logic seems to be that "haaa! nobody cares if a Finn rapes someone, so we got you know!!" but at least in my experience this is not the case at all: people have been disgusted by the low sentences received and have been pulling their hair especially because of our glorius Itä-Suomen oikeuslaitos who methodically seem to reduce the sentences of men who sexually assault women. poo poo, it has even been a common media discussion point: locals don't understand why the punishment for such and such is so minimal? Yet all of that appears to have been forgotten now that it's in the open some (notice: some, which is a small minority) turvapaikanhakijat are doing their thing and molesting young girls in various ways.

The people who orgams every time when a native rapes someone are exactly like the people who get their rocks off when an asylum seeker does the same. It's a green light for their hideous tendency to hate a certain group. Some hicks hate Arabs, some people with very "redgreen" tinted glasses hate Finnish men. But in the end they are exactly the same.

It's funny and appalling they don't notice it themselves :stonklol:

edit: which reminds me of

Ligur fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Dec 3, 2015

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Rexroom posted:

Hogge Wild posted:

pohjanmaalaisten ansiosta suomi on jo enemmän kuin omavarainen hihhulipedojen suhteen, joten mielestäni niitä ei tarvitse tänne roudata konttilasteittain lisää

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.

Ligur posted:

There have been no murderous arson attacks in Finland against asylum seekers, only empty buildings,

You're so, so wrong. :(

Attempted arson of an apartment building, 20ish refugee families living inside: http://www.ts.fi/uutiset/kotimaa/820245/Poliisi+SPRn+vastaanottokeskus+yritettiin+sytyttaa+Lammilla
Attempted arson of a refugee center, 114 refugees were sleeping inside: http://www.kouvolansanomat.fi/Onlin...2015219891073/4
Attempted arson of a school. Dozens of the students, including the 14 underage refugees, live there : http://yle.fi/uutiset/turvapaikanhakijoita_majoittavaa_raudaskylan_opistoa_heitettiin_polttopulloilla/8423060

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
There have been no successful murderous arson attacks in Finland against asylum seekers?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

DanTheFryingPan posted:

There have been no successful murderous arson attacks in Finland against asylum seekers?

Let us be thankful of that fact.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

RIP Jytky

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wheany posted:

RIP Jytky

I'm the moo that might be 3,0% or -0,2%.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
http://yle.fi/uutiset/sdp_hengittaa_jo_keskustan_niskaan_perussuomalaisten_syoksy_syvenee/8499909

quote:

Kokoomukselle mitattiin marraskuussa 18,3 prosentin kannatus, joka on täsmälleen sama kuin lokakuussa ja lähes samoissa luvuissa kuin eduskuntavaalitulos.

Taloustutkimuksen tutkimuspäällikön Jari Pajusen mukaan kokoomuksen kannatus oli marraskuun alkuviikkoina hienoisessa nousussa, mutta tällä viikolla kokoomuksen kannatus sukelsi noin 16 prosenttiin.

Kokoomuksen puheenjohtajan, valtiovarainministeri Alexander Stubbin viime viikon torstaina eduskunnassa esittämistä osakeomistusten hallintarekisterin viranomaiskannatukseen liittyneistä vääristä tiedoista noussut kohu näyttää välittömästi horjuttaneen kokoomuksen kannatusta.

Polls are the gift that keeps on giving :unsmigghh:

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Too bad for you Sipilä, Stubb and Soini are still in power for the next 3.5 years regardless of what the polls say

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Too bad for you Sipilä, Stubb and Soini are still in power for the next 3.5 years regardless of what the polls say

With those three chucklefucks in power for another 3.5 years we'll probably vote in Full Communism come the next election, so I think I can manage.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

With those three chucklefucks in power for another 3.5 years we'll probably vote in Full Communism come the next election, so I think I can manage.

All elections will be temporarily permanently cancelled by next year, to facilitate a sporting ability jump.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Valiantman posted:

You're so, so wrong. :(

Attempted arson of an apartment building, 20ish refugee families living inside: http://www.ts.fi/uutiset/kotimaa/820245/Poliisi+SPRn+vastaanottokeskus+yritettiin+sytyttaa+Lammilla
Attempted arson of a refugee center, 114 refugees were sleeping inside: http://www.kouvolansanomat.fi/Onlin...2015219891073/4
Attempted arson of a school. Dozens of the students, including the 14 underage refugees, live there : http://yle.fi/uutiset/turvapaikanhakijoita_majoittavaa_raudaskylan_opistoa_heitettiin_polttopulloilla/8423060

Prettyyyy sure these murderous attempted arson attacks to tune of a single bottle at the front of a door or at the wall of an empty wing of the building, failing to actually burn anything wrere not meant to kill anyone. As much as they suck.

Any self respecting arsonist knows you douse a building with gasoline if you mean to burn it down.

Which reminds me I wonder how many arson attacks that burn something have been carried out against foreigners (or mosques) in the Nordics.

Also p sure those weren't the last ones here :(

Ligur fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Dec 3, 2015

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ligur will only be satisfied when one of his friends manages to burn down a building with a bunch of innocent children inside it. Really satisfied, in fact.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

There isn't a LOL big enough:

quote:

Stubb aikoo vaatia rangaistusta Tampereen limunheittäjälle

Alexander Stubb vaatii rangaistusta miehelle, joka heitti hänen päälleen lasin virvoitusjuomaa viime perjantaina. Välikohtaus sattui perjantaina tamperelaisessa kahvilassa.

Alexander Stubbin vaatii hyökkääjälle rangaistusta, koska kyseessä on asianomistajarikos. Asianomistajarikoksia ovat esimerkiksi näpistys ja lievä pahoinpitely. Poliisi tekee esitutkinnan ja päättää, nostetaanko asiasta syyte.

Herra paratkoon että valtakunnan klovnin päälle heitetään limua!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
How loving petty do you have to be to press criminal charges against somebody because they threw a glass of soda at you?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Rappaport posted:

There isn't a LOL big enough:

Herra paratkoon että valtakunnan klovnin päälle heitetään limua!

I think this is perfectly acceptable. The soda thrower knew that this is a possibility and Stubb is well within his rights to press charges. Just take whatever slap on the wrist you get from the courts like an adult.

I would much rather have the slope be slippery in the direction where people get sued for spilling soda on politicians' face rather than the direction where politicians are get rocks thrown at them because suing people is for pussies. Or not being able to come less than 10 meters from a politician before a large security guard pins you on the ground.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
stubb tekee heittäjälle palveluksen

tuomio menee raameihin ja seinälle

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Wheany posted:

I think this is perfectly acceptable. The soda thrower knew that this is a possibility and Stubb is well within his rights to press charges. Just take whatever slap on the wrist you get from the courts like an adult.

I would much rather have the slope be slippery in the direction where people get sued for spilling soda on politicians' face rather than the direction where politicians are get rocks thrown at them because suing people is for pussies. Or not being able to come less than 10 meters from a politician before a large security guard pins you on the ground.

Stubbilta menee mitä, noin kymmenen minuuttia tienata sen verran mitä limu-iskun pesulalasku maksaa

Mies on täysi pelle jos hän lähtee käyttämään valtion virkakoneistoa limumiestä vastaan, eritoten "Stubb ja perhonen" - episodin jäljiltä

Olisi tosi kurjaa jos joku käyttäisi väkivaltaa poliitikkojamme kohtaan, mutta limun heittäminen ei vaan IMO ole niin vakava juttu että siitä tarvisi voivotellen käsiään väännellä

Sori siitä!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Cerebral Bore posted:

How loving petty do you have to be to press criminal charges against somebody because they threw a glass of soda at you?

In August some jokers broke his home's windows at night. I don't like Stubb but I think he has the right to be upset about continuing physical attacks against him and his family and if he wants justice then he should be given it.

I just really hope that both parties agree to handle this through sovittelu instead of going full Matlock on each other...

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
It's like saying "Go gently caress yourself you piece of poo poo" to everyone you come across on the street and then acting surprised when someone punches you in the face.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Stubb probably means well, sort of, and isn't malignant like "Haa haa, I shall now torture Finland and finns". That man is optimistic to a fault and doesn't mind bending the truth but then let's find out politician, and I mean a career one, hakkaraiset don't count who doesn't bend it or eat their word at the drop of a hat.

Lentotukialus poliitikot on yhteiskunnallinen vitsaus.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

SnowblindFatal posted:

It's like saying "Go gently caress yourself you piece of poo poo" to everyone you come across on the street and then acting surprised when someone punches you in the face.

No it isn't, stop trying to justify idiocy. Just because some myöhempien aikojen stallari somewhere is offended by the concept of parliamentary democracy doesn't give him a right to assault politicians. If you want to make yourself look like an autist then be my guest, go heckle the finance minister in a Cock. rally, but refrain from physical offenses plz.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SnowblindFatal posted:

Actually it's more like saying "I'm working for the benefit of us all" to everyone you come across, smiling maniacally, all the while actually overtly working to destroy the entire Finnish way of life, not even to line your own pockets but more just because you despise people who aren't like you, and then acting surprised when someone breaks your windows and someone else throws pop on you.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nenonen posted:

No it isn't, stop trying to justify idiocy. Just because some myöhempien aikojen stallari somewhere is offended by the concept of parliamentary democracy doesn't give him a right to assault politicians. If you want to make yourself look like an autist then be my guest, go heckle the finance minister in a Cock. rally, but refrain from physical offenses plz.

Actually you're dead wrong. First of all, throwing soda at someone literally isn't assault, it's lievä vahingonteko. Second, everyone has the right to do it if they are willing to pay (a fine) for it. That's capitalism at work.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Too bad the fundraising law is still outdated so we can't put together a kickstarter and give him money.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Ligur posted:

Stubb probably means well, sort of, and isn't malignant like "Haa haa, I shall now torture Finland and finns". That man is optimistic to a fault and doesn't mind bending the truth but then let's find out politician, and I mean a career one, hakkaraiset don't count who doesn't bend it or eat their word at the drop of a hat.

Lentotukialus poliitikot on yhteiskunnallinen vitsaus.

I haven't met a right-wing-oriented person who didn't think he was somehow better than everyone else. The ones that are well off typically actually believe it's because of their own merits and not just having better circumstances in life overall.

http://www.ted.com/talks/paul_piff_does_money_make_you_mean

If even this kind of extremely clear case makes people oblivious of their advantages, how about the much more abstract real life?

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
The woman who was found guilty of an assault with a balloon received no rangaistus.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Nenonen posted:

In August some jokers broke his home's windows at night. I don't like Stubb but I think he has the right to be upset about continuing physical attacks against him and his family and if he wants justice then he should be given it.

I just really hope that both parties agree to handle this through sovittelu instead of going full Matlock on each other...

Mate, throwing soda and/or a cake at someone is literally the mildest form of "physical attack" ever. It's not even in the same ballpark as throwing rocks through somebody's window at night.

Also it's still incredibly petty to press charges over someone throwing coke in your face.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Since both the letter and the spirit of the law is that the only reason this is at all against the law is ruining the clothes, throwing soda at a naked prime minister should be OK, right?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

He'll probably strip for you if you ask, since he's stupid.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wait, he isn't even prime minister. What the gently caress is he?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Cerebral Bore posted:

Also it's still incredibly petty to press charges over someone throwing coke in your face.

You're right, Stubb should have instead just stabbed the rear end in a top hat in self defence.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Nenonen posted:

Do you actually believe in this kind of parliamentary democracy? Considering how people in general are very unable to participate intelligently, and our head politicians are their own watchmen, I don't have much faith in it.

It seems obvious that the limits of human thinking capacity in general are overwhelmed by our modern political system. Even if you and your pal are able to discuss politics intelligently, I hope I don't have to convince you that most people are absolutely lost with everything. Look at what kinds of politicians people vote for despite them loving up over and over! Any sort of analytical approach to Finland's current situation would result in completely opposite policies to what our government is doing.

Increasing direct democracy would simplify matters a lot and remove many abstractions. And before you say "but the people are so dumb :cry:", JUST LOOK AT WHAT THE gently caress SIPILÄ & BROS ARE DOING.

SnowblindFatal fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Dec 3, 2015

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Ligur posted:

The woman who was found guilty of an assault with a balloon received no rangaistus.

Is that an euphemism for her gigantic tits?

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

adhuin posted:

Is that an euphemism for her gigantic tits?

Unfortunately not. IIRC it was a McDonald's balloon on a stick? Your suspicion would have been of course more awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cerebral Bore posted:

Mate, throwing soda and/or a cake at someone is literally the mildest form of "physical attack" ever. It's not even in the same ballpark as throwing rocks through somebody's window at night.

As opposed to the coke thrower, who's not petty or crying about losing the elections at all.