Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I want people to stop asking for Commando recoil reduction.

Not because I am good at aiming, which I'm loving not.

But because that's the kind of Monkey Paw poo poo that gets you a +5% reduction of recoil at level 25 in exchange for worse recoil than you have now at levels 1-24.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Section Z posted:

I want people to stop asking for Commando recoil reduction.

Not because I am good at aiming, which I'm loving not.

But because that's the kind of Monkey Paw poo poo that gets you a +5% reduction of recoil at level 25 in exchange for worse recoil than you have now at levels 1-24.

the KF1 commando recoil was basically a continually stacking recoil reduction by level. You could still shoot fine without it, but having it made things way easier.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Skoll posted:

the KF1 commando recoil was basically a continually stacking recoil reduction by level. You could still shoot fine without it, but having it made things way easier.

Yup, that's how it works in Killing Floor One all right.

I admire your confidence it would make the transition as nothing but a buff here.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
SWAT better have flashbangs and a pistol that can't headshot clots in one bullet, Questioner. I think we all agree.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

People barely play Medic as is, please keep this in mind when nerfing him. Also the skills you're crippling are the ones that let him support his team, so people will probably play him more combat-oriented in the future.

The Demo nerfs are really bad. I don't have the class statistics in front of me but he's got to be one of the least played classes as is.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Section Z posted:

Yup, that's how it works in Killing Floor One all right.

I admire your confidence it would make the transition as nothing but a buff here.

Knowing TWI, it would probably make it in as a perk option for Firebug.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Azran posted:

SWAT better have flashbangs and a pistol that can't headshot clots in one bullet, Questioner. I think we all agree.

Honestly, a taser pistol would be cool and good, if it had a guaranteed stun effect.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Azran posted:

It would be amusing to throw a flashbang into a group of zeds and watch them stumble around randomly for a while, but yeah I'd not want to have that as my only grenade option.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

People barely play Medic as is, please keep this in mind when nerfing him. Also the skills you're crippling are the ones that let him support his team, so people will probably play him more combat-oriented in the future.

The Demo nerfs are really bad. I don't have the class statistics in front of me but he's got to be one of the least played classes as is.

The weird thing is that as it stands, the game is well balanced in the sense that no class dominates especially in a team setting, the days of a LAR/Flare gun Medic or LAR/Katana zerker soloing 6 man HoE waves are over, so a lot of the nerfs just feel either excessive or pointless especially because you don't bring something else up to compensate it, ok fine the Zwei is trash now, why not buff the eviscerator then? Or the suggestions given about the medic perks.

Like we have teleporting zeds, perma enraged scrakes and FP is they are the last ones left, welding is worthless, holding out is either punished or very highly discouraged but the teleporting fucks with kiting, you have sirens seemingly getting stronger with every dead player, you have Hans melee rush that can practically one shot and its not like one can easily tell who exactly is being targeted.

I want the game to be hard but I don't really find any of this stuff challenging, just obnoxious, the nerfs to stuff just exacerbate it.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Gromit posted:

It would be amusing to throw a flashbang into a group of zeds and watch them stumble around randomly for a while, but yeah I'd not want to have that as my only grenade option.

I'm mostly loving with Section Z :v: It'd be interesting to see what kind of grenades are devised for the last three perks though.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I get the impression that the Medic nerfs (as well as the Smash nerf on the Zerk) are more a reaction to the fact that based on Tripwire's metrics people consistently take those skills over the alternative. Though in an ideal world it would have been better to make the alternate options more appealing.

On that note, I play a lot of Medic, and I am personally not sure that will ruin the class, the armor gain always felt slightly broken - specially once you got the assault rifle -, so I'd reserve judgement to after I've had a chance to play the update.

And SWAT better make ample use of that "Electric Weapons" tab.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ZearothK posted:

I get the impression that the Medic nerfs (as well as the Smash nerf on the Zerk) are more a reaction to the fact that based on Tripwire's metrics people consistently take those skills over the alternative. Though in an ideal world it would have been better to make the alternate options more appealing.

On that note, I play a lot of Medic, and I am personally not sure that will ruin the class, the armor gain always felt slightly broken - specially once you got the assault rifle -, so I'd reserve judgement to after I've had a chance to play the update.

And SWAT better make ample use of that "Electric Weapons" tab.

30% more damage after a successful parry(when scrakes and FP attacks become unparryable after a certain health point) versus 30% more damage on ALL hard attacks and a knockdown if you hit their heads(where a good team and just unload on a disabled scrake or FP and possibly kill them before they get up.)

Its pretty much a no brainer what skill to take.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
I would of prefer something like double the armor gain per dart but removing the ability to refill armor by filling someone with darts constantly. It always felt tedious swapping guns around, dumping all darts, onto next gun etc.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Might as well just put a limit on the amount of armor darts can heal to. Being unable to use a perk (or skill, or whatever) because someone is at full health would suck.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Just make medic more exciting and fun to play. I don't think a single Medic with the base Armament skill is pushing anyone towards the realm of OP right now. It's just a genuinely useful perk and so it's a no brainer to take it. Just buff the lovely ones or change them.

The Medic perk that causes bleeding is totally useless apparently, fix that too. I thought it did DOT on hit, but apparently it only causes damage when the enemy is already decapped or something.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah, I think the real issue is not that Armament is too useful, it's that Combatant is not as useful. Combatant is obviously much more useful solo, but when co-opping there's no reason to ever take it because body armor is pretty cheap in the long run for yourself to buy, but it'll save your teammates lods of emone.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Dec 3, 2015

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Azran posted:

I'm mostly loving with Section Z :v: It'd be interesting to see what kind of grenades are devised for the last three perks though.

I didn't think you were being serious, but thought it was worth a comment about the idea nonetheless.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Medic is boring because you need to be healing people nonstop. Different guns having separate healing pools sucks too, because lategame if your team is struggling you're just rotating guns and spamming darts. Frustrating that the early guns are rear end-awful at healing, too. I'd prefer if healing was much more effective but the darts regenerated more slowly and had a shared pool across all medic guns. Actually get a chance to shoot more than stumbling a scrake/FP.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Elysiume posted:

Medic is boring because you need to be healing people nonstop.

Uh... healing people is the point of Medic? And you don't need to heal as much if your team is good enough to not get hit that much.

Also I disagree with you on pretty much everything. The Medic pistol is stronger than the 9mm and the SMG, while fairly weak, is a good head-popper backup for trash, although it does recharge slower than the pistol. They recharge fast enough that you can pretty much switch from pistol to SMG and have the other mostly or all recharged after you use their darts, and don't forget about your needle! Having separate dart pools is fine by me, and given the heal over time aspect firing 2 or 3 darts into a teammate then changing focus to kill Zeds for a few seconds works well since they're still healing as long as they're not taking a Scrake to the face. Also Medic grenades. When poo poo goes down or is about to go down throwing a grenade lets me heal teammates while I'm shooting at Zeds, or saving a teammate that's cornered and swarmed. I like it because it's very fast-paced and if you're good your team loves you.

Quick question, what level is your Medic?

Abandoned Toaster fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Dec 3, 2015

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I think I would enjoy/play medic more often if there were more ways to heal people passively other than the grenades. It would probably be OP to give them that though.

Maybe as a perk choice you have to choose between gun darts and an AoE heal or something? I don't know. I just know it's fun killing zeds in this game and having to stop doing that to worry about your team's health detracts from it.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Uh... healing people is the point of Medic? And you don't need to heal as much if your team is good enough to not get hit that much.

Also I disagree with you on pretty much everything. The Medic pistol is stronger than the 9mm and the SMG, while fairly weak, is a good head-popper backup for trash, although it does recharge slower than the pistol. They recharge fast enough that you can pretty much switch from pistol to SMG and have the other mostly or all recharged after you use their darts, and don't forget about your needle! Having separate dart pools is fine by me, and given the heal over time aspect firing 2 or 3 darts into a teammate then changing focus to kill Zeds for a few seconds works well since they're still healing as long as they're not taking a Scrake to the face. Also Medic grenades. When poo poo goes down or is about to go down throwing a grenade lets me heal teammates while I'm shooting at Zeds, or saving a teammate that's cornered and swarmed. I like it because it's very fast-paced and if you're good your team loves you.

Quick question, what level is your Medic?
Unfortunately it's a lobby based game and I don't necessarily get the pick of the litter. If you'd quoted more than my first sentence I say that when the team is struggling yeah you're going to be healing a lot because people are getting faced trying to drag their level 4 perks through suicidal. I don't dislike healing, but the mechanics of the class encourage spamming darts especially when people are taking nonstop chip damage because their positioning is bad.

Why are you talking about how good the pistol is at killing things? I never said the guns were bad as guns. I'm aware that the medic pistol is better than the 9mm. It's not like the guns being effective at killing makes me more excited about healing.

My medic is 15

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Elysiume posted:

Unfortunately it's a lobby based game and I don't necessarily get the pick of the litter. If you'd quoted more than my first sentence I say that when the team is struggling yeah you're going to be healing a lot because people are getting faced trying to drag their level 4 perks through suicidal. I don't dislike healing, but the mechanics of the class encourage spamming darts especially when people are taking nonstop chip damage because their positioning is bad.

Why are you talking about how good the pistol is at killing things? I never said the guns were bad as guns. I'm aware that the medic pistol is better than the 9mm. It's not like the guns being effective at killing makes me more excited about healing.

My medic is 15

Should be fine at that level then with the recharge rate, all I can say is maybe getting some friends to play with so you're not stuck with a bunch of level 4 pubbies on Suicidal and not playing Medic if you don't like healing people and you want to shoot things instead.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I guess you can read that as "I hate healing but play medic anyway" if that works for you, sure

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
I really don't see it as a fault with the class, just par for the course with a bad team and "I'm tired of healing these idiots".

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Am I blind or why can't I find a CS-like "switch to previous weapon"?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Vahakyla posted:

Am I blind or why can't I find a CS-like "switch to previous weapon"?

Because it's not in the game yet and will be added with the Gunsliger class.

Away all Goats posted:

Maybe as a perk choice you have to choose between gun darts and an AoE heal or something? I don't know. I just know it's fun killing zeds in this game and having to stop doing that to worry about your team's health detracts from it.

"Puff The Magic Dragon: Become the walking grenade you always wanted to be! You can now only use the heal from your guns at full charge, but when you do, instead of a dart, you release a healing nanobot cloud centered on yourself"

Combatant is only useful on the first wave, then you switch to Armament. Simple as that, since you don't get armor refills between waves with Combatant and if you did, it would be OP. Because of that, the nerfs to Armament literally don't matter because everone will be running it anyway. Except you know, they siphon the fun bit by bit from playing Medic. Sepatare healing pools are great, they mean that you don't gently caress YOUSELF over when healing others. This is important because more often then not a dead Medic = a dead team.
Armament was OP when it triggered on grenades, but after they removed that Medic became completely ok.

I still feel that these balance changes are because TWI thinks the game is too easy on all difficulties, which it isn't.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Kikas posted:

I still feel that these balance changes are because TWI thinks the game is too easy on all difficulties, which it isn't.

Given my experiences already with 10-wave Suicidal, or HOE, the idea of making medic worse is ... I can't even understand it, either. I think it maybe ties into your question - what is the overriding design goal for balance? Do they think it's too easy? Are they so focused on making each tier choice for each perk be a ~hard choice~ they're losing sight of the overall purpose of the class? Am I making all of this up? (yes)

I mean consider that "We have limited time and have to make the most of it for each patch" is a true and correct statement, no question. That mindset resulting in nerfing demo and medic though....really? That's where I lose it. Those were the top priority items?

I'm not saying Questioner needs to come in here with THE HALLOWED TWI DESIGN DOCUMENT because nah, that's not your job, but as a player concern to consider ...maybe? :v:

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Dec 3, 2015

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Psion posted:

Given my experiences already with 10-wave Suicidal, or HOE, the idea of making medic worse is ... I can't even understand it, either. I think it maybe ties into your question - what is the overriding design goal for balance? Do they think it's too easy? Are they so focused on making each tier choice for each perk be a ~hard choice~ they're losing sight of the overall purpose of the class? Am I making all of this up? (yes)

I mean consider that "We have limited time and have to make the most of it for each patch" is a true and correct statement, no question. That mindset resulting in nerfing demo and medic though....really? That's where I lose it. Those were the top priority items?

I'm not saying Questioner needs to come in here with THE HALLOWED TWI DESIGN DOCUMENT because nah, that's not your job, but as a player concern to consider ...maybe? :v:

Several :goonsay:s were complaining about armor repair on the TWI forums, so that's where they got it from.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

IT'S HAPPENING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2CUSfoDbg4

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Dec 3, 2015

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

closeted republican posted:

Several :goonsay:s were complaining about armor repair on the TWI forums, so that's where they got it from.

The worst forums. I guess nobody suggested "darts only heal armor up to 50" or something like that, eh? :v:

Well, I guess we can find out right about now?

relevant for some of us, by the way:

quote:

Known Issue

Achievements for leveling up perks will not immediately unlock for players who already have a perk at level 25.

These will be addressed in a patch in the next day or so...

and yes, this:

quote:

New Keyboard options

Last Used Weapon

good. good.

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Dec 3, 2015

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Everything about this looks dope af. Black Forest looks a lot like Wyre which was one of my favorite KF1 maps, and the Patty appears to have been supersized. Wonderful.

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Reloading with full clips in the .500 makes you spin them

e: the remingtons too

glomkettle fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Dec 3, 2015

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
He's got the glasses !

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Ah poo poo, the Vermintide DLC came out today too. I can't decide what to play :ohdear:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Tagichatn posted:

Ah poo poo, the Vermintide DLC came out today too. I can't decide what to play :ohdear:

As someone with KF2, Vermintide, and Payday 2, I'm having a good day. :cheers:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

m1911 weighs 2 pounds and has innate penetration :patriot:

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
Do the goon servers in the OP still exist? I tried connecting to them but nothing happened.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Ruggington posted:

m1911 weighs 2 pounds and has innate penetration :patriot:

2 pounds each or 2 for the akimbo set?

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Anyone streaming the new stuff? I"m away from home until tomorrow night and want to see whats up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Psion posted:

2 pounds each or 2 for the akimbo set?

think akimbo was three

.500's were six akimbo

and I think deagles were four