Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

Ochowie posted:

Yeah I agree with you. In my first post I said that I would probably have a tough time walking away too. It is interesting that they just signed a new contract a little more than a month ago.

Well, I mean you wern't really wrong or anything. I'm kinda projecting some poo poo I've been dealing with myself lately, and hearing the poo poo Opie's saying is almost word for word the poo poo my dad would pull. But yeah at a certain point if Jimmy decides it's worth the money to put up with that psychopath, then what can you do?

Edit: sorry about the robot thing.

Tr33 fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Dec 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
What a beautiful day in radio. I mean, I guess it's likely the end of the Opie and Jimmy show but that was great loving radio. Opie is such an rear end. It bothered me so much when he did that "Well when Anthony got fired Sirius asked me if I wanted to get rid of you and I let you stay," thing to Jim. Like he's saying "You better not criticize me because you should appreciate me. You owe me." And then he's gonna be like "I never put Jimmy in the middle of it. I need you to say it right now Jimmy! I never put you in the middle!" and just a few minutes later hold it against him like "I needed you that day, Jimmy," about the Greggshells day. Anthony went in on Opie by himself. If Opie wanted to respond, which obviously he did, it was his turn to go in on Anthony by himself. Jimmy understood that so he mostly kept quiet but Opie is just too drat insecure to see it.

frenton fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Dec 3, 2015

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

ozza posted:

Saw all the new posts, thought the Big Cat had finally gone off to the big Niagara Falls in the sky. Phew.
Yeah, I was disappointed too.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Man, for as much ill will as Fez built up over these last few years, at least you can look back and still say there was a time when that dude could roll with the best of em. Seeing what happened to Fez was actually sad. Opie's bullshit is just annoying.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I still miss Fez and his nuttiness, all the way to the end.

Bennington is cool and all but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the Fezness.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I haven't listened to the O&J thing, just Ant's response to it, but if Opie really did pull out, as a weird defense of himself, that he LET Jimmy stay on after Anthony was fired, what a douche. Seriously. "I didn't let them get rid of you after someone else got fired when it had nothing to do with you! LOOK AT HOW GREAT I AM FOR THAT!!!"

Tevryr
Dec 5, 2009
"My caddy hands". Does that even matter what context that's taken out of?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

The Extrapolator posted:

gently caress Opie for his embarrassing passive aggressive rant about Pepper Hicks breaking his chair.

What? I don't remember this. Do tell!

Tr33
May 26, 2007

It was a whole thing about some guy(no names given of course) on the Ron N Fez show is a big fat slob who's so fat he broke a chair. And it didn't take anybody very long to figure out he meant Chris cuz you know he doesn't have the balls to actually come after Ron or Fez despite being rather portly gentlemen themselves. And they did this whole thing of a christening of a new chair that certain fat slobs from the Ron N Fez show(again no names given) were not allowed to sit in. I'm trying to find it on youtube but it's not popping up so maybe it's not up there, but yeah it was mildly funny ruined mostly by Opie's unfunny "taking this way too seriously" bullshit.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOb7F8ncWqk here's small sampling. I had almost forgot this was a thing that went on for DAYS

Tr33 fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Dec 3, 2015

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
For reference, the grape argument: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRfAeD-wNcY

Tr33
May 26, 2007

This whole chair thing reminded me how much of a bitch Opie was for not ever really standing up actually coming out about how much he didn't like Fez until it was clear Fez was gonna be gone and not be able to do anything about it. Of course it was also kind of a bitch move on Fez's part to blame all of Opie's passive aggressive bullshit on Sam.

Man, radio dudes are seriously loving bent.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

At the time I actually thought that Opie's ragging on Fez was one of the funnier things he was capable of. He had some great Fez lines that hit deep. Of course he got positive feedback for them so he ran them into the ground eventually.

Also, an unpopular opinion perhaps but I just listened to today's Sam Roberts show, and damnit redneck Chuck is radio gold. A limited amount of Chuck though, he hit his peak in the first 5 minutes today and they should have let him go after that.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Jesus gently caress is this demented Lady Di phone call depressing. I was so relieved when it became apparent that she at least still remembered Opie and Jimmy.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

LEAVE IT ALONE.

JUST LEAVE IT ALOOOONE.

God Opie's passive aggressive poo poo is infuriating.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

frenton posted:

What a beautiful day in radio. I mean, I guess it's likely the end of the Opie and Jimmy show but that was great loving radio. Opie is such an rear end. It bothered me so much when he did that "Well when Anthony got fired Sirius asked me if I wanted to get rid of you and I let you stay," thing to Jim. Like he's saying "You better not criticize me because you should appreciate me. You owe me." And then he's gonna be like "I never put Jimmy in the middle of it. I need you to say it right now Jimmy! I never put you in the middle!" and just a few minutes later hold it against him like "I needed you that day, Jimmy," about the Greggshells day. Anthony went in on Opie by himself. If Opie wanted to respond, which obviously he did, it was his turn to go in on Anthony by himself. Jimmy understood that so he mostly kept quiet but Opie is just too drat insecure to see it.

One of the reasons I don't think Jimmy is a worm is because, at the time, he thought of Opie as a friend. Not a good friend, but someone he could work with and be casual with. So when Ant got dumped and a few months later a contract comes up, why not take it? He could still hang with Ant and got a little more money doing an easy four hours with Opie. Not the best situation in the world, but manageable.

But after the December 1st fight, you can tell it's all over. Opie is pulling out so much manipulation that Jimmy finally got it pounded into his head that it's really over. Denial is a powerful tool, but this might be the point where Jimmy is thinking in terms of career instead of hanging about on a show that is going the way of the dodo. As mentioned before in the thread, Jimmy does have a relationship with Sirius that he could market, as well as some movie/TV roles occasionally. It's silly to think at this point he's not exploring his options while running out the rest of the contract.

What's the over/under on Jimmy getting his own show in six months, which will allow him to ditch the Opie show altogether? Hell, at this point, I would love it if he went to Bennington and livened that place up even though I can't really see a role for him in that.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
If Jimmy gets a show, what are the chances Opie poo poo talks it on a near constant basis?

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

I don't have much hope for a truly solo Jimmy show, considering how awful his Vice and solo show were/are. He needs someone like Anthony or Sam to work with. Really, all the Jimmy + staff shows have been fun.

Calcaneus
Sep 12, 2010
Decided to scroll through Ant's twitter a bit to see what he was saying about Greggshells, reminded me that Opie is just about the only topic he addresses that doesn't make me despise him.

Ochowie
Nov 9, 2007

An Enormous Boner posted:

I don't have much hope for a truly solo Jimmy show, considering how awful his Vice and solo show were/are. He needs someone like Anthony or Sam to work with. Really, all the Jimmy + staff shows have been fun.

I actually didn't mind the Vice show that much. His advice show is near unlistenable though.

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

An Enormous Boner posted:

Yeah, he actually admits it during the argument that his ability to be funny is much more about reacting to others. But I agree, the shows that were mostly him, Sam and Travis were some of the best in the post-Anthony era.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1F4Qd38Mqws

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

David from Israel in studio?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
After listening to that Anthony show where he talks about Opie constantly waffeling about doing the show and wanting to leave and blah blah blah. I have to wonder if, in some alternate timeline, Opie did just bail would Anthony and Jimmy just keep on trucking on the show by themselves. The more I think about it, the more it seems like the perfecty scenario would have been Opie leaving to go on and do the morning zoo show he obviously really really wants to do and Ant and Jimmy keep the basic framework of O&A together.

To move away from Opie for a second, what's everyone favorite intern/intern moment? Mine has to be either when the intern beat Danny at Guitar Hero and he had a total meltdown or when Intern Stevie stole a dude's credit card and nearly got fired on air for it.

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

OldTennisCourt posted:

After listening to that Anthony show where he talks about Opie constantly waffeling about doing the show and wanting to leave and blah blah blah. I have to wonder if, in some alternate timeline, Opie did just bail would Anthony and Jimmy just keep on trucking on the show by themselves. The more I think about it, the more it seems like the perfecty scenario would have been Opie leaving to go on and do the morning zoo show he obviously really really wants to do and Ant and Jimmy keep the basic framework of O&A together.

To move away from Opie for a second, what's everyone favorite intern/intern moment? Mine has to be either when the intern beat Danny at Guitar Hero and he had a total meltdown or when Intern Stevie stole a dude's credit card and nearly got fired on air for it.

Opie had zero intentions of leaving, he wanted attention and more control.

He probably got off on making his entire staff worried they'd lose their jobs only to assume the role of being a gracious lord by letting them stay employed for another 2 years.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

This is the sound of Opie realizing privately after a couple of decades of not being a funny radioman that he's not very good at being a funny radioman and not knowing how to handle it publicly.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

onemillionzombies posted:

Opie had zero intentions of leaving, he wanted attention and more control.

He probably got off on making his entire staff worried they'd lose their jobs only to assume the role of being a gracious lord by letting them stay employed for another 2 years.

It's even funnier than that. It was Opie's inept way of trying to negotiate.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
He is probably dying to go to radio with that Brother Wheeze idiot.

Mutha and Hucka in the Morning

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
UH OH WHEEZE, LOOKS LIKE WE'RE GETTING ANOTHER CALL FROM THE 94.6 WOW FUGITIVE! I HOPE A LISTENER CAN FIGURE OUT WHO HE IS SOON!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

OldTennisCourt posted:

The Lady Di stuff intern week was great, because it gave insight into the lives of the kind of people that idolize O&A. Another trainwreck, like Bobo. It's moments like the first couple of days--her vomiting and making GBS threads because she wasn't drinking in the morning--that gave credence to the idea that "Alcoholism is a disease", complete with disease-like symptoms.

Also, Intern David. Not the liquid rear end stuff or any stunt poo poo, but how they would make fun of his over-the-top Jewishness (tabernacllles), or sicced Ron on him. Or my absolute favorite:

The "Lost" question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlqXjW2tCkg&t=1810s

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
There is nothing that would make me happier in life than Opie hosting a War of the Roses segment.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Morter posted:

The Lady Di stuff intern week was great, because it gave insight into the lives of the kind of people that idolize O&A. Another trainwreck, like Bobo. It's moments like the first couple of days--her vomiting and making GBS threads because she wasn't drinking in the morning--that gave credence to the idea that "Alcoholism is a disease", complete with disease-like symptoms.

Also, Intern David. Not the liquid rear end stuff or any stunt poo poo, but how they would make fun of his over-the-top Jewishness (tabernacllles), or sicced Ron on him. Or my absolute favorite:

The "Lost" question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlqXjW2tCkg&t=1810s

I can never listen to Lady Di stuff, it's just too depressing. Which is weird because Bobo is my favorite trainwreck they'd have on. The fugitive bit with him is one of the best moments in the show's history. Him breaking character and then trying to get it under control again was amazing.

That or the FH Riley's call he makes right after a call from a suicidal guy because the guys just rip into him for like a half hour.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

OldTennisCourt posted:

Oscar was always a good time. But my favorite audio clip would be intern Rob's pool party that turned out to be a complete lie. They spent 2 hours interrogating him trying to figure out what's going on, while his stories slowly fall apart, it's great! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHDc4dFBavc

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

OldTennisCourt posted:

UH OH WHEEZE, LOOKS LIKE WE'RE GETTING ANOTHER CALL FROM THE 94.6 WOW FUGITIVE!

I think you meen Fyootch-itive

OldTennisCourt posted:

That or the FH Riley's call he makes right after a call from a suicidal guy because the guys just rip into him for like a half hour.

Agreed.

Goblin
Jun 5, 2003

code:
ftp> put babybambino.jpg
ftp> del gravybaby.png
ftp> del gravybaby2.png
ftp> del gravybaby3.png
ftp> del gravybaby4.png
ftp> del gravybaby5.png
ftp> del gravybaby6.png
ftp> del gravybaby7.png
ftp> del gravybaby8.png
ftp> bye
Lipstick Apathy

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Oscar was always a good time. But my favorite audio clip would be intern Rob's pool party that turned out to be a complete lie. They spent 2 hours interrogating him trying to figure out what's going on, while his stories slowly fall apart, it's great! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHDc4dFBavc

The follow-up where he completely rebounds from the pool party lie by sparking a 2 hour session of everyone making GBS threads on Erock is awesome too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLJ9zCLo93E

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I'm listening to the initial fight, then Ant's show. Was there any followup on the 2nd (or today) from either show worth listening to?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

"Why did you put pictures of your dick on Twitter?"

"Uhh, erguh, mumble, uhh, to get revenge!"

"You want revenge? Call his radio show."

:allears:

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
You know, if you look at it a certain way, this is the only radio show that the pests have ever actually completely destroyed.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Keg posted:

You know, if you look at it a certain way, this is the only radio show that the pests have ever actually completely destroyed.

It's true, even Scott and Todd still had one survivor

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Keg posted:

Does the Queen of Jocktober, Terry "JUST LOOK AT HER FACE" Gifford, still have a show? I thought she was just playing music now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Does the Queen of Jocktober, Terry "JUST LOOK AT HER FACE" Gifford, still have a show? I thought she was just playing music now.

Clifford. Have some respect for the woman. She's precious.

• Locked thread