Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Mr. Wookums posted:

Safety in numbers looks amazing as well, anything that reduces damage taken results in more wins.

Man I hope there's one of those on wizard staves. Especially a conflag, it'd be a bubble generating machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Judgment is coming, storm-vermin!! :witch:

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Anyone have the other red weapons to look at?

IAmUnaware
Jan 31, 2012
From the subreddit, someone got the Witch Hunter crossbow:

Seems fine. It has the one trait that really matters, anyway.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
lol, so red items have locked in traits and they give that one hawk-eye.

Fatshark confirmed troll developer.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
More importantly it looks bad rear end as gently caress.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

oh boy

Ravenfood posted:

Anyone have the other red weapons to look at?

I'm working on the collection, but I've got work soon.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The master crafted is great but 8% chance to heal is no good on a crossbow. That will happen maybe once a game.

I'm glad these red weapons don't all look like they're necessarily the best in class though. If they were all objectively better than oranges, then because they have guaranteed effects everyone would just be running around with the exact same weapons eventually. Although good luck getting one by playing on cataclysm and rolling a 7. Hell I've played for 60 hours and I've still never rolled a 7.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
You may or may not have a reason to use this one handed axe.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
I reckon his axe IS cousin Okri.

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug
Has anybody else had trouble with constant crashes while playing? I can't play for more than 5 to 10 minutes at a time without the game crashing to the desktop. I've tried lowering the graphics settings, updating my drivers, rolling back my drivers and even completely reformatting my computer. This has been happening since the beta and happens regardless of the graphic settings, map I'm on or class I'm playing. I sent a help request to Fatshark a couple days ago but haven't heard anything back yet.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I'm glad these red weapons don't all look like they're necessarily the best in class though. If they were all objectively better than oranges, then because they have guaranteed effects everyone would just be running around with the exact same weapons eventually. Although good luck getting one by playing on cataclysm and rolling a 7. Hell I've played for 60 hours and I've still never rolled a 7.

Do red items have the same damage increase over the tier below that all other items have?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Rolling a 5 or 6 on 7 unmodified dice happens 1 in 2187 rolls. Can you improve those odds? Sure! Just beat cataclysm while pulling out grimoires! :suicide:

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Coolguye posted:

It depends.

I mean, presuming it reduces damage (as opposed to negating it altogether), how much does it reduce it? 25% is likely completely forgettable, but 50%+ could be nice. And how long does it last? If it lasts 5 seconds, that's great. If it lasts 1 second, it's forgettable.

I don't feel like we know enough about that trait to judge it too much right now.

It blocks 100% of the next attack. Don't know about duration.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

Haha, backstabbery. :v:

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I really hate this loot system. Like 12 runs on nightmare horn and not even an orange.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Mordja posted:

Do red items have the same damage increase over the tier below that all other items have?

No. Red tier has same damage as orange tier, more ornate skin, and 3 mod slots that will always be max percent when unlocked. e.g. Unlocked mod is "1% to 5% chance to recover health". On a red weapon unlocked mod just says "5% chance to recover health". That max percent may be less important in the future when the remaining 2 shrine pages are unlocked. One shrine page is suppose to reroll percentage on unlocked mods and only keep the reroll if the percent is higher. I don't know what it will cost to reroll.

I am not sure what else is different with red tier. The most important thing is that red tier looks loving bad rear end.

I accidentally melted down my witch hunter's white tier hat. Looks like you can melt anything now.

Deadly Ham Sandwich fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Dec 3, 2015

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
No goons are playing this rat murder game. :orks:

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Klaus88 posted:

I should be playing tonight at least, until Fallout 4 pulls me back in. More looking forward to that Endless mode though.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Klaus88 posted:

I am playing! Mostly on weekends.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

And the "Error signing in" bullshit is back in full force.

Fatshark support has been worthless. All they did was suggest what I already told them I did

quote:

Restart Steam
Restart your computer
Verify the integrity of the game cache
http://helpdesk.fatshark.se/helpdesk/KB/View/3487758-verifying-the-integrity-of-your-game-cache
Re-install all redists
- Right click on the game in the your steam library
- Click Properties
- Click on the LOCAL FILES tab
- Click on BROWSE LOCAL FILES... button
- Navigate to \_CommonRedist directory
- Install all redists, which are the following:
\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010\DXSETUP.exe
\_CommonRedist\DotNet\4.5.1\NDP451-KB2872776-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe
\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2010\vcredist_x64.exe
\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2010\vcredist_x86.exe
\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2012\vcredist_x64.exe
\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2012\vcredist_x86.exe

This is seriously pissing me off now. Can anyone suggest something?

Edit: my issues seem to correlate to peak player times. I have no idea how that would impact just me, but there it is.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

No. 6 posted:

And the "Error signing in" bullshit is back in full force.

Fatshark support has been worthless. All they did was suggest what I already told them I did

This is seriously pissing me off now. Can anyone suggest something?

Edit: my issues seem to correlate to peak player times. I have no idea how that would impact just me, but there it is.

What sort of anti-virus, firewall or proxy software are you running? Have you tried turning them off?

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Crafted 2 oranges with bloodlust today and they both rolled 4% :arghfist:
bring on the trait rerolling

Honest Davion
Jul 25, 2006
I buy Joel Nerf Guns

And if you all pray really hard to Sigmar you can get a nice new 'sword' just like mine...

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

No firewall, etc.

I think I found the problem. Poking around the console log I saw an DNS error. I set my DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and rebooted and seem to be working now. Not sure what kind of fuckery my ISP and Fatshark have going on, but it's retarded.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Verizons DNS are notoriously garbage, if you have FiOS.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Honest Davion posted:

And if you all pray really hard to Sigmar you can get a nice new 'sword' just like mine...

B... onk?

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Guess I'm just gonna go back to hard and stop suffering pubbies on normal. Game loving refuses to roll high enough for oranges.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Generally speaking pubbies on hard have been much better than normal for me. Also lmao what do you expect with regard to random chance?

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I meant nightmare, but whatever.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
At least you can more or less force good luck eventually now! :buddy:

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

No. 6 posted:

No firewall, etc.

I think I found the problem. Poking around the console log I saw an DNS error. I set my DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and rebooted and seem to be working now. Not sure what kind of fuckery my ISP and Fatshark have going on, but it's retarded.

If it is a DNS issue, you can stop being angry at Fatshark. They have no control over that.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Digital_Jesus posted:

Guess I'm just gonna go back to hard and stop suffering pubbies on normal. Game loving refuses to roll high enough for oranges.

It's not that hard to solo Ramparts/Sewers on Nightmare. Pubbies are never worth suffering.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Skandranon posted:

It's not that hard to solo Ramparts/Sewers on Nightmare. Pubbies are never worth suffering.

You must have amazing bots because all mine ever want to do is hunt down that ratling gunner that's trailing way behind us.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Honest Davion posted:

Does it have sword animations? Would be better if it was a mace that looked like a sword so you'd be doing the awesome bonk with a sword.

Skandranon posted:

I've had many very good public games on hard. Bad games are in a small minority for me.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Skandranon posted:

If it is a DNS issue, you can stop being angry at Fatshark. They have no control over that.

You're right. Still, while they can't control a DNS, it would be simple to have a fallback that points to an alternate IP or something. So long as the issue is resolved and not some nebulous ongoing bullshit, I don't care.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Tommofork posted:

You must have amazing bots because all mine ever want to do is hunt down that ratling gunner that's trailing way behind us.

It is like herding cats, and I always take the dwarf for that so I can be in charge of sniping specials so they don't bug out like that. Ramparts works better for solo because it's so linear, no Roger, and the pack of Stormvermin is easy to handle with a well placed grenade.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I have trouble sniping with the dwarf only because I'm too short to see over anything. I want a dwarf-exclusive trinket that is just a pair of hilarious stilts strapped to his shoes.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
So yeah verdict on reds is basically to not worry about them too much. A few are very good, but by and large you should consider them oranges with pretty textures that are guaranteed to not be complete garbage. Pretty much no matter what red you see, I can easily imagine an orange that would be at least as good, if not better, if the stars were to somehow align to produce said orange. But by the same token, pulling a red weapon out basically means that you absolutely will not be disappointed in what you're about to pull. The worst reds are the swords (both plain and flaming) for Sienna, because while they have a good distribution of skills (an earthing rune, a regrowth, and a defensive skill), the particulars kind of ruin it. The earthing rune and the regrowth always trigger on different attacks (one is charged, the other is normal - ideally they should both be on the same attack), and the defensive skills relate to pushes (either strong pushes, or chance of no-stamina push), which aren't garbage but also aren't Perfect Balance or Second Wind. Everything else has at least 2 skills that are undeniably great together, and a third that is usually at least not offensive. Saltzpyre's crossbow having Eagle Eye is stupid, but it also has Bloodlust and Master Crafted, which are amazing together, so whatever.

The sound on Kruber's red handgun is also currently broken and sounds like a dainty little fart, though, and that's basically the best thing ever.

The downside is that you basically need to roll 7 on a Cataclysm run (or Nightmare if you're really lucky and a red shows up at the top) to get these things, though. If you're the sort of person who doesn't mind using Cheat Engine, the reds have kind of provided a graceful way off of the loot treadmill for you. Using a cheat table and some teleports, you can run Horn of Magnus in like 15 seconds and guarantee 7 hits. Since none of the reds are particularly spine-tingling, you can essentially use them as a good base line. Get a guaranteed not-poo poo weapon, get good with it, and have fun playing normally with your homies on Nightmare and Cataclysm. A lucky orange will still be an upgrade over a red, so you are not 'done' as far as loot goes and there's definitely places to improve. But you are largely freed from caring about the dice if they troll you by going right over the orange you wanted.

Overall I'm really quite happy with the implementation of this. There's no increasing stratification of loot, but they function as a way to guarantee that good luck is a hell yeah moment. And for those of us that want to be done with stupid loot junk in our ratman murder game, they've provided a way to get rid of the downside while still maintaining a bit of the excitement. Thumbs up all around.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Dec 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

What is Eagle Eye even for? You never have long enough sightlines to need it.

• Locked thread