Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Suspect Bucket posted:

CHROME ON CAROLINA

It works. Automotive heritage, yo. Then give the helmets secret compartments for whiskey.

Surely if anyone should get chrome for automotive heritage, it's the Lions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nystral posted:

For the helmet stuff, are the teams using the same helmet for practice too? If not then why not a full wrap / decal for alternate jerseys?

The Jets did that for their Color Rush

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

That's what the Pistons are doing this season for alternates and it makes them look like Default Team

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
When have they be releasing the uniforms for the following games? Bucs aren't for a couple weeks but I really want to see those.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

When have they be releasing the uniforms for the following games? Bucs aren't for a couple weeks but I really want to see those.

This is the only teaser photo I've seen:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

wandler20 posted:

I will never stop hating those loving shiny collar things that look like strips of tape

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

Yeah, i've seen that one (and posted it earlier in this thread) but I want to see the whole thing dammit.

I have a feeling it's gonna look real bad and really clash with the pewter helmets.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Just found a legit Chuck Woodson Raiders home jersey on ebay going for £20 ($30)

:hellyeah:

This is my Xmas present to myself.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Just found a legit Chuck Woodson Raiders home jersey on ebay going for £20 ($30)

I found a Sonics hoodie on Mitchell & Ness the other day, retails for $90, on sale for $36. What up self-buying buddies :hfive:

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Sup Woodson jersey buddy. Mine is a Superbowl commemorative jersey. It makes me sad when I wear it. :(

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

MrLogan posted:

Sup Woodson jersey buddy. Mine is a Superbowl commemorative jersey. It makes me sad when I wear it. :(

At least he got his ring in 2010.

Even if it was with the wrong team :smith:

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

All cat themed teams get shiny or bright awesome primary colors. Because KITTY HATES BORING

I am also permanently jealous of how good Bengals unis look.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

At least he got his ring in 2010.

Even if it was with the wrong team :smith:

No I'm pretty sure it was the right team.

Eat_at_Milliways
May 3, 2006
bald_kid

Febreeze posted:

That is amazing, fully endorsed

Ya gotta break up the monotone and the socks is the way to do it

someone photoshop the jags all mustard with black socks

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
N: http://footballscoop.com/news/navy-will-wear-special-hand-painted-helmets-for-army-game/

V: Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Those things are so loving tacky and I love them :allears:

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
I like that the position groups get a specific ship type to fit a theme. Special teams get a minesweeper ship :allears:

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
Here's what the rest of the uniform will look like since that link only had the helmets:

Edit: Sorry about the tables. I was phone posting and they looked fine on there.

ManMythLegend fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Nov 30, 2015

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Gloves are badass

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oh my god those gloves are amazing

e: holy poo poo

NBC Sports posted:

Here is the helmet design breakdown, as explained by Navy:

Linebacker: Cruiser- Provides anti-air defense and packs the biggest punch of Naval surface ships representative of the linebackers on the Navy football team

Defensive Back: Destroyer- Known for significant fire power, speed, and anti-missile defense as are Navy’s defensive backs

Wide Receiver: Submarine- Predominantly utilized as blockers, wide receivers play a key role in driving the Navy rush attack, taking on a stealth-like persona as they blend into the rhythm of the offense but bring significant fire power when called upon, just like a Naval submarine

Lineman: Amphibious Assault Ships- Just as a lineman’s job is the create a hole for a running back or linebacker, these ships are utilized to establish the “beach head” that enables the invading force to gain access and ultimately accomplish their objective

Quarterback: Aircraft Carrier- The QB of the Naval Fleet, the aircraft carrier is the ultimate decision maker; the “quick strike” weapon of the Naval fleet

Running Back: Littoral Combat Ship- Like running backs, these fast and nimble ships can navigate through both crowded shallow and deep waters

Kicker/Special Teams: Minesweeper- Much like the specific task of the Navy special teams, this small ship has a unique mission of identifying and eliminating mines

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Sick as hell

quote:

Defensive Back: Destroyer- Known for significant fire power, speed, and anti-missile defense as are Navy’s defensive backs
:lol:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Navy gets the sickest unis for Army/Bowl game, whoever designs these needs to design everyone's stuff instead of half the poo poo adidas cranks out.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

This is one of the greatest designs for helmets

There's not a drat thing about the design that's not amazing.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Yup, literal art.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
So many cool helmets getting made these days, really reminds you of just how loving terrible the Jags helmet is

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Darth Brooks posted:

I wish the anchor was metallic gold like the stripe so that it mimiced the actual midshipman rank insignia, but otherwise it is really rad.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Febreeze posted:

So many cool helmets getting made these days, really reminds you of just how loving terrible the Jags helmet is

Seriously, the Jags helmet is god awful and I'm not sure how it even got past the design stage.

At least stick with a single finish.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Darth Brooks posted:

Seriously whatever UA dudes they have designing the Navy uniforms are killing it. That was two years ago when they had the semaphore flags that read "BEAT ARMY" too, right?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
There was also that one year they designed Army's gloves and undershirt with a map of the Siege of Bastogne and it was so badass.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I also really liked the "Summer Whites" uniform they made for last year's game with OSU:

They even had accurate rank insignia for each player on the team. :allears:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ManMythLegend posted:

They even had accurate rank insignia for each player on the team. :allears:

Yeah this was an awesome detail

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I think New England would look way sharper with white helmets and pants instead of the silver.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

They could go back to a legit Pat Patriot throwback if they had white helmets as a base.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NC-17 posted:

I think New England would look way sharper with white helmets and pants instead of the silver.

agreed, flag ain't red white and silver

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Just go back to these.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

R.D. Mangles posted:

Just go back to these.

yup. these are a billion times better.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

In the late '90s/early 2000s every team with decent throwbacks went to the same awful generic navy blue: the patriots, the bills, the Brewers. You should have to have a special permit to change your team colors to generic navy blue.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

It didn't even make sense for the Bills. Bills play in royal blue. This is constant. They get the best red/white/blue in return for being disappointing.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Do I buy a Barr, or a Kendricks jersey when I go back to Minny in a couple weeks?

Both so good...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Barr home, Kendricks away

• Locked thread