Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

alps keyswitches are really good but your keyboard is the wrong shape, friend

correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
The Northgate Omnikey Ultra is still the most powerful keyboard, and I would use it if it fit on my desk

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i prefer cherry blues over alps. i got a filco majestouch with cherry blues and prefer it by a large margin over my dell at101-w

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the best thing about the kinesis is that the world's finest mouse fits just right in between the two finger bowls

things fitting perfectly into other things tumbler

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

triple sulk posted:

lol @ those fkeys

the horrible chiclet f-keys are the price paid for the world's best programmable keyboard.

i would pay a lot of money for a kinesis with real, non-garbage f-keys

pram
Jun 10, 2001
the actuation on the white alps is far superior feeling IMO than blues. i wonder what the closest cherry switch is? greens maybe?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

those split keyboards look like poo poo, are you sure you have not tricked yourself into liking it?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Smythe posted:

i prefer cherry blues over alps. i got a filco majestouch with cherry blues and prefer it by a large margin over my dell at101-w

The at101w barely counts as mechanical. It's like they pissed in the switches

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Remember the last time you pressed the f keys on purpose that wasn't a laptop specific keybind

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i press them literally dozens of times a day

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Ejecting your cd rom all day on your old MacBook doesn't count

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Back when the widget thing was added to OS X I downloaded one that just shows goatse and my roommate and I would joke about pressing f12 to goatse or whatever button it was

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i use them for: changing my imacs brightness, switching songs in itunes, changing the volume, expose, et cetera

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
good keyboard

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

BONGHITZ posted:

those split keyboards look like poo poo, are you sure you have not tricked yourself into liking it?

ban this chucklefuck

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

it has a key dedicated to rubbin one out

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Silver Alicorn posted:

ban this chucklefuck

maybe these keyboard enthusiasts are just l;ike the audiophiles??

pram
Jun 10, 2001
'ge tha gently caress out mate

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I'm just saying maybe we should talk to the computer like in Star Trek

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Talking to the computer is way slower, you have two hands but only one mouth duh

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

BONGHITZ posted:

I'm just saying maybe we should talk to the computer like in Star Trek

a keyboard? how quaint

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Siri and ok Google are getting surprisingly close

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

[quote="Salt Fish" post="452971388"]
Actually you're wrong and dumb.

this but in black with black prints on caps is my daily driver at work. owns bones.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

A Yolo Wizard posted:

Remember the last time you pressed the f keys on purpose that wasn't a laptop specific keybind

step into step over step return

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
I just bought some new keycaps I wish i had a cool poker keyboard because wow those look nice. What do you guys think of em

dick traceroute
Feb 24, 2010

Open the pod bay doors, Hal.
Grimey Drawer
I like mine.
I have a white one with a UK layout.
In retrospect quite a good idea, because it has saved me from many stupid keycap purchases (none of the ones I like have ISO enter keys)

Haven't done much remapping, and I usually just use one layer, but it feels nice to type on and I could probably bludgeon someone with it in a pinch

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

I just bought some new keycaps I wish i had a cool poker keyboard because wow those look nice. What do you guys think of em

the ^ size is decent on this one imo

dick traceroute
Feb 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
you shall judge them by the size of their carrots
do men gather caps from wall-mart or boards from target?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

ive got vortex pbt doubleshots on my code and they feel fuckin gorgeous I still dont know if its the PBT or the clears that make me prefer this over my blues with ABS

they just feel.. silkier? smoother? better? plus the wear isn't an issue. shame the dopuble shot ness isn't super with the backlighting BUT i can live lesby honest most of the time Im not looking but the feel god drat that poo poo is off the mother fuckin hook. feels almost as good as having two women in your life

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
My coworker got a mechanical keyboard and hearing the constant loud clacking all day makes me want to murder. Who's problem is this? How do I ask him to type quieter without sounding like an autist? NOTE: I have headphones that I wear all the time but they only slightly muffle the background noise because I don't listen to music

dick traceroute
Feb 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
https://youtu.be/f77SKdyn-1Y

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

je1 healthcare posted:

My coworker got a mechanical keyboard and hearing the constant loud clacking all day makes me want to murder. Who's problem is this? How do I ask him to type quieter without sounding like an autist? NOTE: I have headphones that I wear all the time but they only slightly muffle the background noise because I don't listen to music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
hear that clicky clacking?

it's the sound of productivity

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

je1 healthcare posted:

gotta fight fire with fire

platonicbackrub
Sep 8, 2015

Secret santa that goon some keyboard o-rings

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

je1 healthcare posted:

buy him a Matias Quiet Pro or a Realforce

burning swine
May 26, 2004

je1 healthcare posted:

Come to realize that the sound of a mechanical keyboard in use is actually the most beautiful music there is

Duh

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

It depends, if his coworker is your typical hunt-and-peck office drone typist, it can be pretty infuriating to listen to

But the fast, efficient keyboard chatter of a properly trained touch typist is music to the ears, yes

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

je1 healthcare posted:

ok, NOW how does it sound?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTEFKFiXSx4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I spent the last day disassembling, washing, cleaning and assembling the keyboard on my old BBC Micro

The whole computer smells a lot nicer without 30 years of old dust in it

• Locked thread