Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
People like him are why there are signs posted some places that tell you to stop texting before crossing the street.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Can you hear me nTHUNK

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

SGM: E4 and below now banned from carrying phones during duty hours.

1SGT: Why the gently caress didn't you answer your phone, private?!

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

SGM: E4 and below now banned from carrying phones during duty hours.

1SGT: Why the gently caress didn't you answer your phone, private?!

The sad part is that this will happen.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I remember when I had a weird bug in my phone where it wouldn't display names, so I bitched out for not having my 1SG's number memorized when I replied to a text with, "Rgr, btw whose number is this?"

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Crossposting this from TCC, seems to belong here.

root beer posted:

Okay thread, drugs story time! :toot:

Around the end of October, my buddy Dak and I were talking about good alternatives to mushrooms that we could get massive quantities of, quickly - we had a group of friends (most of whom were/are military) all looking to trip and/or roll on some poo poo that wouldn't show up on a standard 5-panel. I had already given some 5-MeO-MiPT a test run on a much smaller sample group of experienced trippers (documented earlier in this thread), and we all had a great time. It seemed like a perfect fit, given the circumstances.

So, we order a gram from the same vendor as the first time. We receive the same product, and are happy with it.

Around 8PM, Dak and I roll to out to our buddy David's, who's hosting a small bonfire at his house in the middle of butt-gently caress Egypt, OR. There's a good 15 people or so hanging around - not a huge crowd by any means, but definitely a party.

Dak decides to be the trip sitter. He begins weighing out 10mg doses for newbs and 20mg for experienced trippers. We begin handing them out pre-dosed in capsules - with Dak keeping a close eye on the rest of the unweighed powder, probably about 750mg at this point.

We shoot the poo poo and wait about 20 minutes, and a pleasant high sets in. After about half an hour, David - who is a combat veteran that has done multiple overseas tours - is sitting on his couch with a tub of ice cream, giggling like a 5-year-old at Adventure Time; it was the happiest any of us had been since I met him 7 years ago, before he went to Afghanistan. It was unfettered happiness that he didn't even think himself capable of.

Some important notes about David:

1 - he is very large. Not fat, but about 6'3" and a good 250lbs at least
2 - he is trained in hand-to-hand combat, so he generally gets what he wants
3 - every time he is asked a direct question about the drug itself, he gets the biggest grin on his face and says "more of this feeling please" before devolving into a massive fit of giggles

Anyway, after watching David for about 10 minutes, I wander away to check out the bonfire with my girlfriend and a group outside who are just generally in the "rolling" phase and enjoying the feeling of the flames. We sit and stare at the fire, observing its gently shift hues while the cold October air and the heat of the fire each fight for dominance over half of our bodies.

This last for what feels like an eternity (in reality, about half an hour), before I hear a loud THWACK, followed by an "oh god drat it, David", followed by a childlike giggle from a fully grown-rear end man.

Myself and a few other people get up and run in to the house, and find the 7 or so people in the house sitting in what looks like a loving Al Pacino fever dream. Apparently, David and a buddy from his unit Tim had decided to play a round of baseball with a bag of flour when Dak was taking a poo poo. :suicide:

Tim being from David's unit is important. Tim also desired more drugs. Remember this. :eng101:

Dak, being the only sober person, sees it fit to start trying to clean up the mess. Naturally, he's pissed off as hell while doing so, and David and Tim are more than happy to try to "help", which mostly involved trying to make snow angels in the flour and loving with Dak. A couple other people half-heartedly attempt to help, but trip and wander off after a few minutes.

So, recap: Dak is angry and distracted, and two trained military personnel - trained to operate in tactical combat scenarios together, specifically - have physical access and are pushing him around. None of us thought about it cynically at the time, what with us being high as gently caress and all, but I digress.

Once the mess is "cleaned up" about 20 minutes later (that is to say, the flour on the floor was swept in to a giant pile in the corner of the kitchen :v:), David and Tim return to watching Adventure Time. David offers to break out some beers, very dark and bitter IPAs, which Dak is more than happy to allow - he figured no harm in having one or two, and neither did any of us. At this point, he really deserves it anyway.

David grabs us all some beers, and he, myself, my girlfriend, Tim, Dak, and two other friends (Johnny and Kyle) all hang out and watch the show in peace - barring random giggles - and then the "trippy" phase of the drug starts to hit.

If you don't know, 5-MeO-MiPT in particular tends to have two "stages": the first is more of a roll, and the second is a varyingly hard trip depending on dose that kicks in after about an hour or so.

The TV starts losing its framing bounds, sound pitches change slightly, and a very deep psychedelic headspace starts to set in. It's pleasant for a little while, before Dak suddenly stands up with a horrified look on his face and goes "WHOOOAAAAAH" and starts rocking back and forth slightly. He then starts giggling uncontrollably.

The giggles turn in to full-on laughter and his face starts turning red. At this point, David starts giggling too, after having been noticeably silent compared to before the beers. We all suddenly start realizing that he brought us drinks kitchen, without supervision, with all of the bottle caps removed already. Johnny looks at David, and asks, "Dude, did you loving dose his beer?"

"No," David chokes out through giggles.

"I dosed EVERYBODY'S beer!"

He pulls out the baggy of 5-MeO from his pocket, holds it up and flicks it, giggling ever harder. About a quarter of what was remaining before was gone - about 200mg - divided between 7 people. I estimate that he dosed us all with roughly 30mg more. He himself had taken an extra 20mg on top of that, for a whopping 60mg total in his system.

My heart drops in to my stomach like a loving seismic event. My girlfriend gives me a horrified look and starts hyperventilating slightly. Johnny and Kyle immediately stand up and start pacing, jumping back and forth between pure terror and wanting to beat David's poo poo in, but even tripping ballsack they know that's a very, very bad idea. So, they refrain and just start screaming at him. The giggles start getting harder and harder, almost to a manic point. Then they start giggling too.

He tosses the baggy back at Dak, who's still losing his poo poo on the floor.

Now, I had done the initial research on the drug to be the authority of information for anyone who wanted to do it. Contrary to what this story might suggest, I believe strongly in harm reduction and doing drugs responsibly. Therefore, I knew full well that there were fairly scant records of people doing more than about 30mg, and those that had basically fried themselves stupid. I start panicking and feeling awfully responsible for the whole situation.

"Guys," I say, feeling an insidious desire to laugh start hitting me, "we really need to get someone sober here right the gently caress now."

Johnny manages to get David's roommate Jerry on the phone (who was working late - he was also a former army medic), and explains the situation and what drug we're on to him. Jerry rushes home, and I remember taking one last look at Johnny right as he hung up the phone. Colors started blending, my body started feeling slightly numb, tracers went from mild to hyperspace like loving Star Wars...

And then I was gone.

There was no concept of space, time, reality, perception, concept of individuality - absolutely nothing. I did not know who I was. I did not know what I was. I did not know what concepts like "who" or "what" or "I" or "you" meant. It was as if I was newly-born child, not having any point of reference for what everything around me was. All the while, the visuals had distorted everything to such a degree that I could hardly discern individual objects - I could only tell the difference between inanimate and animate. Not necessarily moving, but whether or not it was alive.

These are the last comprehensible thoughts that I am able to reflect on; the rest of the night was overload to a degree I will never get back.

What felt like an eternity and no time at all passed, and next thing we knew, we were all waking up. It was daylight.

Side note: It's odd to have two conflicting wildly different feelings about how much time has passed without a single memory to try to use as point of reference. Time dilation is nothing new to an experienced tripper, but this was different.

Jerry brings us all cups of coffee, surprised that we're all awake so soon. A quick scan of the house indicates that nearly everything had been at the very least slightly broken, if not completely destroyed. Flour was covering us and a large majority of the house still.

Jerry tells us that it's about 6PM. Everyone else had gone. We had not only tripped all that night, but all through the next day, and then started dropping off like flies around 2-3PM. If I'm doing my math right, that's about 16-18 hours of solid loving tripping. On a drug that lasts like 4 hours normally, if that.

The following events are as recounted by Jerry, who wasn't highly keen on recounting everything in detail, with parts from Jeff who Jerry called later:

For the first four hours, we all laughed to the point of near dehydration. He said he drat near called an ambulance on our asses for fear that we would die from it, but decided better of it because we all seemed plenty active and capable of speaking / drinking water fine in spite of the giggle fits. I don't mean to imply irresponsibility in this regard - he was prepared to call an ambulance the second something looked truly bad - but he figured it would be better than alerting police to a house filled with tripping military personnel.

We became raw, as he put it. Running off of pure instinct. We appeared as animals in a new place - that is to say, we all had the innate curiosity that led us to destroy just about everything inanimate we could get our hands on, simply trying to make sense of it all, but we did not acknowledge a single other living person around us the entire time. Lost, empty minds. It was around then that Jerry locked the house down and called in Jeff and Alex, a couple of (extremely understanding) friends to keep us regulated, which ended up being a really good idea - he hadn't planned for us still tripping when he needed to work the next day. This lasted approximately 10 of the hours.

After this, we all went through a phase of deep emotion where we cried and mumbled nonsensically at one another before curling up in our respective parts of the house, crying, mumbling nonsense, or simply rocking back and forth gently waiting for sweet sweet sleep. :shepspends:

Needless to say, we were all loving livid at David and Tim. David was a wreck, apologizing profusely and crying, saying he didn't know what came over him, just that he knew that it made him feel so loving good for the first time since before he went overseas. It seemed so pure and good to him, that overdose didn't cross his mind - he wanted more of the happy, and wanted us all to have it too. Tim was roughly in the same shape.

They confirmed our suspicions about how they got the drug: the bag of flower was the most clever ploy they could come up with to find a way to get in to Dak's pocket without him noticing. They planned under the assumption he'd try to clean it, manipulative fuckers.

After a couple hours of hashing poo poo out in a very emotional state, my girlfriend and I took off and went home. We slept for about 30 hours after that.

Dak's still not happy with them. I don't think he ever will be. David and myself are on mostly okay terms now, but we don't really hang out anymore. I start tripping out every time I stand in his house now :v:

So, lesson here... I don't loving know, but I sure as hell don't feel like doing drugs with anyone else, ever again? Especially not loving war veterans?

Okay, there's the lesson: don't give a war veteran research chemicals.

I dunno. gently caress it. Smoke weed.

EDIT: and since someone's bound to ask - no, we don't know where the remainder of the drugs ended up. Some of it ended up in their salt shaker, but that's a different story for a different post.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I think the most effective anti drug would be having kids meet people like that OP who think they're a sophisticated drug taker, ask people on drugs questions about their experience and have a dream journal of all the poo poo they learned while tripping and also they're on their 9th year of community college

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

MANGOSTEEN CURES P posted:

Crossposting this from TCC, seems to belong here.

too bad they all lived

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Why yes taking research chemicals is a wonderful idea

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
"Harm reduction" "responsible drug use" gently caress just do drugs and trip balls/get high as gently caress stop trying to make it something it's not you loving tcc pussies. Doing cocaine off a strippers tits is way cooler than making some faggy journal about how you did some mushrooms with your gay college hippie friends.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
taking a drug that is so unknown that its name is a jumble of numbers and letters is actually the purest definition of responsible drug use

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
totally awesome sweet alabama liquid snake

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

maffew buildings posted:

I think the most effective anti drug would be having kids meet people like that OP who think they're a sophisticated drug taker, ask people on drugs questions about their experience and have a dream journal of all the poo poo they learned while tripping and also they're on their 9th year of community college

I think just browsing TCC would be sufficient.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
My favorite TCC idiot is the person who said having crack parties with their child in the house wasn't bad because the child was asleep in the other room when the parties were going on

If anyone knows the specific post/thread I'm talking about they should link it, because I can't remember.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

quote:

I believe strongly in harm reduction and doing drugs responsibly.

...which is why I brought four times the safe amount of a mystery drug to a party and left the remainder sitting out among strangers.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My favorite TCC story is the "responsible" opiate user who got the nods in his hot car and was cooked to death, followed by his widow conspiring to commit life insurance fraud.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Don't forget brewkakke, who died on a ghetto park bench from a heroin and phenazepam overdose followed by the goons in the joose thread trying to find a way to contact the family to get refunds for the phen he never sent them.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Dillbag posted:

Don't forget brewkakke, who died on a ghetto park bench from a heroin and phenazepam overdose followed by the goons in the joose thread trying to find a way to contact the family to get refunds for the phen he never sent them.

Haha WHAT!?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
What about the guy who blew his leg off with a shotgun, got perscribed norcos, and then decided he needed to do some designer drugs while he became an amputee.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Or the guy who passed out on his arm for so long that it withered and died and had to be amputated, and later in the same thread was saying "well, I'm never taking THAT much again, gonna stick to responsible doses of this addictive recreational drug from now on."

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

You guys are making poo poo up now

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Soulex posted:

You guys are making poo poo up now

I swear to Christ it's true. The continued existence of TCC (and ADTRW) is incomprehensible.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Need a link on that last one.... For science of course.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Stand by. I've found a few references to it but not the original post.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Holy poo poo I just remembered the hoarder who had his kid taken by CPS

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3453028&userid=141272

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
In the course of hunting the legendary one-armed heroin user, I rediscovered the best post I've ever read:

Triticum Guzzle posted:

its really amazing how the actions of goons and mods are so freaking far beyond the pale that its actually impossible for a bystander to believe.

proposal: i am going to make an environmentally sustainable yoga retreat in hawaii

reality: a y2k survivalist paid goons a "food stipend" to help me clearcut a rainforest, dig a road by hand, torture and mutilate animals to death on camera, and bathe in/drink from an improperly filtered kiddy pool that wild hogs poo poo and pissed in

proposal: i am going to make a fun zipline for kids at camp

reality: a goon spent tens of thousands of dollars constructing a machine that kills children, entirely by accident

proposal: a fad diet thread in the exercise forum

reality: a mentally ill man resembling a melted candle, the pied piper of ham joints, told people that eating nothing but eggs and bacon and lard in paint buckets (they were literally buying and eating buckets full of lard in the name of good health) would not only make them lose weight, but was so healthy it would cure heart disease and cancer. an enormous fat powerlifter who cant run for 20 seconds probated and banned anyone who challenged this wisdom until it lead to a man barely in his 20s being prescribed statins.

proposal: a thread about animal husbandry in the pet forum

reality: a moderator unrepentantly killed animals with ac/dc hadoukens and probated people who asked questions

proposal: a forum for "responsible drug users" and "harm reduction"

reality: a man falls through the earth and into parisian catacombs. taking a torch from the wall he spies row upon row of skeletons. grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling "my nigga have u tried lsd"

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Dec 3, 2015

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

at the date posted:

reality: a goon spent tens of thousands of dollars constructing a machine that kills children, entirely by accident

I want to read this thread

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Delizin posted:

FYAD's thread about that thread is gold mined somewhere and hilarious

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
its a hella old thread.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Delizin posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3290020&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Found it

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

Nice, thank you. I was searching around for it and was reading sunburnt_aphid's heroin adventures.

"FYAD posted:

sunburnt_aphid posted:
How long does it take the bumps in muscle to go down after black tar? I can't hit myself anymore so I have to keep shooting the same spots in my upper arms and hips. My arms are really freaking hard and pretty lumpy. Do I have to massage these out or will they go away themself?

sunburnt_aphid posted:
Yes it's on purpose. I have a quarter a day habit for a few months I kicked it up a knotch when I came into some money. I can't go six hours for a nap without waking up sick. If I have literally blown out my arms and hands and legs I have to shoot somewhere. I've been muscling for a couple years but I didn't do it every day. I just want my arms to feel like skin again.

I live in Seattle. Yes my tar is the shittiest. So much so that I need a 4 gram shot to feel it anymore. With no tolerance it takes about a .5 That's muscling, NOT IV.

sunburnt_aphid posted:
I've never heard of muscling being a problem before. It seems like a natural step after blowing your veins. The bioavailabilty rate is second highest. When you are sleeping outside and your veins are constricted from the cold and you're looking over your shoulder for a cop it's in you and put away fast. I'm just going to have to hold a lot of hot rags to my upper arms. I shoot under the shoulder in the meaty part. I just sometimes can't get the point in the muscle is so tough.

sunburnt_aphid posted:
Cname: I've bought ounces, balls, half grams and two points. If a dealer wants your money he will sell you what you want. But that's a middle man. I lost my mexican hookup when he got busted and he onlyy came over for a ball or more. I'm taking the comments to heart, and they hurt because I know them to be true. I expect to go out this way. You can just see it coming with some people. So many of my friends are dead from overdose. One lost his leg. If I go out on a good shot I lived a good life regardless of what "better people" thought of me.

sunburnt_aphid posted:
gently caress no I don't want to die, I just want to get high. I hit an artery two days ago and blew my hand up. Fingers like sausages. My body is breaking down. I'm afraid they'll arrest me if I go in to get my hand and arms looked at. Also cname don't let on like you don't know your poo poo. Someone will rip you off in a heartbeat. I saw this guy get sold "two grams of pure" for an outrageous price. It was lovely tar half brown sugar and weighed a .6 know what it looks like, tastes like, smells like and how much it goes for. If someone is dopesick don't deal with them, they'll steal your poo poo. If anyone changes the game plan after agreed back out.

sunburnt_aphid posted:
Sneakymango, its like you really get me.I can tell you have been through my type of experience. What warchicken said about my family really struck me hard. I started oxycodone at 12, I can't do this forever. In 4 years I have permanently damaged my body and mind. I am looking at websites for detox and inpatient programs.I was told to call back at 10 AM to try ro get into a 5-day medical detox.I recebtly got married. I have been so selfish to my husband who has never done a hard drug. He smokes weed daily. He is a lways shaking me awake or mak ing sure I don't fall out of my chair.he watches as I blow all our money on heroin. But he can't know what I'm going through, nor can I understand it from his perspective. Its me that has got to change.I know I will relapse before I even quit. I have no willpower, I am weak. I know that I have to stop one day and soon. They say an alcoholic will steal your purse and feel bad about it, a junkie will steal your purse and help you look for it. Thats me.slowly but surely I am giving more and more thought to stopping. It is compulsive and my obsession. My ounce is gone, I have 12 grams left. I re-upped today.all this dope sitting in my freezer is calling to me. For a while I told myself if I couldn't afford it I wouldn't buy it, but I went back on my word and flew a sign to make the money. I am reading forums and pages about withdrawal and kicking and staying off the Drug. Heroin rules my life. Thank you for understanding me sneakymango. It helps so much and so deep.
Not only is the warmth and euphoria so pleasurable, but when I do a shot I can't cry. I swear I can feel no sadness. Numb is better than afraid or anxious. It is so hard for me to believe that anyone with a heavy addiction has ever truly stopped.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3290020&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post375044840

My favorite throwaway joke in that thread

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

quote:

I've never heard of muscling being a problem before. It seems like a natural step after blowing your veins

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Guess it's finally time to buy archives again.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

TCC is my favorite forum to read whenever I feel like a failure. Especially the opiate thread.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

at the date posted:

I swear to Christ it's true. The continued existence of TCC (and ADTRW) is incomprehensible.
What kind of poo poo happens in ADTRW? Is it at least funny?

Sunburnt Aphid is probably dead now.

SS dug up more poo poo on Fire's current living situation. He'd moved to the Chicago area to live with another loser ex-goon who is even more insane than he is, and found a job that didn't care that he was a crossdressing pedo. Set up a Gofundme to get a namechange, which would probably been blown on videogames had anyone at all donated. Then he had a falling out with the other psycho who then threw him out, but not before he torched some of Fire's wigs and girl clothes. That last bit is funnier than not being invited to Thanksgiving by your parents when you live at home.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
TCC is the one forum the enlisted can look at and say 'well i didnt make that bad of a life choice'

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Delizin posted:

Nice, thank you. I was searching around for it and was reading sunburnt_aphid's heroin adventures.

Lol at the dude that married a junkie

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Casimir Radon posted:

What kind of poo poo happens in ADTRW? Is it at least funny?

Sunburnt Aphid is probably dead now.

SS dug up more poo poo on Fire's current living situation. He'd moved to the Chicago area to live with another loser ex-goon who is even more insane than he is, and found a job that didn't care that he was a crossdressing pedo. Set up a Gofundme to get a namechange, which would probably been blown on videogames had anyone at all donated. Then he had a falling out with the other psycho who then threw him out, but not before he torched some of Fire's wigs and girl clothes. That last bit is funnier than not being invited to Thanksgiving by your parents when you live at home.

ADTRW was historically a honeypot for pedophiles. I think it's been better lately?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I wish the admins had some way of restoring posts when someone goes through and edits everything they've posted in a thread like 65mph child zipline guy. :(