Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Hazdoc posted:

If you're running a 1 star flag at Rank 10 its probably a bug.

This.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009

Cobbsprite posted:

Don't use Kinguin's search engine, it's bad. I googled "Murmansk World of Warships code" and the Kinguin link came up. Or you could be a lazybones and just click here.

Hmm I was looking for a way to get a premium ship for farming up silver, is the Murmansk good for this? And is this website legit? I don't want my credit card stolen and my boats account banned.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.
As more and more bad players move up, I can't even get back to rank 5.

I really don't know what to do anymore to win games... my teams do the opposite of what it takes to win, no matter what ship I play.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

adebisi lives posted:

Hmm I was looking for a way to get a premium ship for farming up silver, is the Murmansk good for this? And is this website legit? I don't want my credit card stolen and my boats account banned.

I'm finding that the Murmansk is really good for farming silver. Put a +silver flag on it and don't rush out to get your bum shot off in the opening. Can't speak much as to getting banned, but it seems legit and I got my (working) code in a timely manner.

It could be me, but the Murmansk looks almost identical to the US Omaha-class Cruiser?

nodm
Jul 17, 2011
It is an Omaha class cruiser. Except better in every way (I think it has longer range, is more agile and has better torps) because well, it´s Russian and a WG game. But it´s a great premium ship, maybe the best there is for the money. Took me to level 10 ranked without too much trouble, while making a fair bit of silver on the side.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Hazdoc posted:

the accumulated filth of all their waifus and anime will foam up around their sterns and all the BBs and CAs will look up and shout "Save Us!"
and I'll look down and whisper
"poi"

That's OP worthy.. thank you kind goon.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

nodm posted:

It is an Omaha class cruiser. Except better in every way (I think it has longer range, is more agile and has better torps) because well, it´s Russian and a WG game. But it´s a great premium ship, maybe the best there is for the money. Took me to level 10 ranked without too much trouble, while making a fair bit of silver on the side.

That's a cool bit of history, actually.

Also I'm taking a perverse bit of enjoyment out of watching Arpeggio, and I'm really hoping to get cool sci-fi skins for my battleshits.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Lord Koth posted:

They're using Arpeggio because it has actual ships in it. If you're familiar with the TV show Andromeda then congratulations, you now have a fairly good idea as to what the "cute girls" in the series actually are. If not, the best way to say it is that they are hyper-advanced AIs, using "human" bodies made of nanomaterials, to interact with the world and gain a better understanding of humans, with female avatars initially being chosen due to most of the world referring to ships in the feminine sense. More specifically, when they initially appeared they crushed their opposition through sheer brute force, with tactics being basically unknown, and their leadership realized that if humans had technology of the same level, the Fleet would have lost easily. In the years since, the orders have basically gone down for all ships capable of generating one(heavy cruisers and above, along with at least some subs) to do so, and learn more about humans along with acting as such. Or that's the supposed reason, as there have been more than a few hints that whoever is ultimately in charge may have had other intentions. As at the present time, multiple factions have formed and some have even defected among what was at one time basically a homogenous, single-minded group.

As for the series itself, it is a rather good near-future sci-fi work. The fleet appeared in 2038 and very quickly flattened all of Earth's fleets, before stopping from going further for unknown reasons, and instituting what is effectively a global naval blockade - including aerial transport over said waters. While the world at large has only received brief mentions so far, what has been mentioned generally tracks with what would actually happen if virtually all non-landbound global trade was cut off. More specifically, the US is doing relatively fine, whereas Europe has fallen into another war. Island nations, with both the UK and Japan coming up, have unsurprisingly had the worst of it. Japan as a country has both fragmented into several governments, along with more than a little highly unethical poo poo being done to survive - and even then they're relying on occasional orbital transports from the US carrying relief supplies(The Fleet has demonstrated the ability to shoot stuff out of orbit, but they seem to generally let those through).

tell us more about your favorite anime

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

a rather good near-future sci-fi wank

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Can someone pretty please post any random replay FILE (as in .wowsreplay) they have from the current client version ? I'm doing.......... science.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to get, and use, one of those anime ships, and it's going to make many people mad.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I'm gonna use one of the weird neon future ship skins and totally ignore the fact its based on a kids cartoon and just pretend its a weird space ship. That is, unless said skin makes someone mad.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Somehow I murked an Amagi or whatever the T8 IJN BB is with my Myoko... in 5 shots. I wish citadels were a stat on the 3rd stat screen so I could know if I got lucky or just got the last HE round into him.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ranbo das posted:

a kids cartoon

I got some bad news for you

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

TSBX posted:

Somehow I murked an Amagi or whatever the T8 IJN BB is with my Myoko... in 5 shots. I wish citadels were a stat on the 3rd stat screen so I could know if I got lucky or just got the last HE round into him.

Unless you're absolutely certain no one else was shooting him, what likely happened was someone landed multiple citadels just before your last shot landed. Had something similar happen yesterday shooting at a Tirpitz with my Mogami. Had him burning and at half health, then suddenly he was dead and I'd gotten an Arsonist medal.

edit: The one exception being if you Detonated him, which I think is theoretically possible with 203s against battleships, but you mentioned you were shooting HE. At the very least I've gotten citadels before with them, if very rarely.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Dec 4, 2015

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

The losing streak continues in ranked. All the way back to 8 from 4. Not sure it's worth my time anymore.

Another 6 game losing streak... it can't me be right? I go into random and I'm killing 4 ships a game and winning. I don't get it.

jownzy fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Dec 4, 2015

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

jownzy posted:

The losing streak continues in ranked. All the way back to 8 from 4. Not sure it's worth my time anymore.

Another 6 game losing streak... it can't me be right? I go into random and I'm killing 4 ships a game and winning. I don't get it.

Those same 4 people you kill in a random game are likely to be on your team in ranked.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

Maybe I should just bot like most of the people... and see if my luck improves. Perhaps not participating at all would improve my random chances of winning?

Got one shot in my mogami from 18k away, no detonation. Right at the start of the game. My team won that one, stopping the 8 game slide.

My team lost the last one because our last dd who had his torps fully reloaded, waited until the points hit 996 to shoot at the last BB from 4km away... guess what they didn't get to the target in time.

jownzy fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Dec 4, 2015

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

jownzy posted:

Maybe I should just bot like most of the people... and see if my luck improves. Perhaps not participating at all would improve my random chances of winning?

All other things being equal, you should have about a 48% w/r if you just loving afk matches. You won't make any friends, but :shrug:

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

All other things being equal, you should have about a 48% w/r if you just loving afk matches. You won't make any friends, but :shrug:

At one time I had 68%... maybe I'm just coming back to the average... even though I'm personally doing better...
I'm sure these 18 losses have brought that down.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Isn't that actually what you should get if you have an average skill? If you're AFK, you've created something more akin to a 11 v 12, actively handicapping your team.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Is there any benefit to manually aiming dive bombers?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Cobbsprite posted:

Is there any benefit to manually aiming dive bombers?

Tighter spread.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

Ranked games... because RNG at it's finest.

Lose 8 in a row, then do this.

Lost the last game because we had 2 afk DD... in a game that had 4 DD on each team... disappointing because then I would have been out of rank 10 hell. I miss those pricks at rank 5, that know how to play.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
reading your masochistic posts about playing ranked is how i imagine a psychologist must feel when treating someone with self-harm issues

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

reading your masochistic posts about playing ranked is how i imagine a psychologist must feel when treating someone with self-harm issues

It has the potential to be great fun, if you actually got a reward system that was more complex than simply win or lose. You should be able to get different amount of points applicable to your rank based on how well you did as WELL as winning and losing. I believe it should still be the primary emphasis, but the all or nothing just allows:
1.) Bad players to advance through luck alone, merely by participating.
2.) Me to go loving insane.

The rewards thus far, have been leveling through all the tier 8 ships. A ton of credits. I really want a kita.

jownzy fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Dec 4, 2015

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.
Got an Ibuki and I'd definitely make money if I had premium, but losing 8000-20000 on a loss isn't bad. I feel bad for Baltimores.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

A friend of mine started playing a few days ago and one of the first things he said was "What the hell am I supposed to do in this?" He was in a South Carolina. I told him that the Tier III battleship being bathtubs with large-bore potato guns is the devs way of keeping too many people from playing battleships :tinfoil:

On the flipside, I got the Kuma yesterday and drat it's a nice ship. Seems to eat destroyers for breakfast and also pack a decent punch against BBs.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Im like 83% of the way through the Ibuki grind, Zao is tantalizingly within reach. Although honestly without Clan Wars or Ranked going that high I dont know if ill spend the silver on it anytime soon.

About halfway through the Nagato and its only been a week. My average damage in it is like 25k over my overall numbers. It just feels like every hit is crunching through at least 4k hp. I know I played most of my Fuso games before the AP changes but it seemed like its guns bounced off lots of targets, while the 16s just penetrate, even when the angle seems bad.

The Des Moines is so brutal if one gets within like 10km of you, but the thought of grinding through the Pensacola, New Orleans, and Baltimore makes my skin crawl.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Zao is amazingly fun to play if you can get your mind off how much it costs to repair. Monster HE, great AP, decent armor, highest damaging and fastest torps in the game.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

wdarkk posted:

Zao is amazingly fun to play if you can get your mind off how much it costs to repair. Monster HE, great AP, decent armor, highest damaging and fastest torps in the game.

stuff like this http://gfycat.com/ExcellentSmoggyAsianlion makes me want to buy a Zao so bad. But im already sitting on nearly 500k unconverted exp, I dont think I would play it a whole lot until WG added a compelling reason to

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Soooo, either it's a bug or I somehow got 2 citadel hits with one AP around. I hit a Zuho from about 17km out and it just disintegrated.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

wdarkk posted:

Tighter spread.

Tight enough spread to deal actual damage if you get the lead right.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I'm poking around the tech trees (With Aslain's modpack) and apparently I can research the Bismark for free and buy it with only 500 reelgold monies? The Tirpitz is 12,500. 500 is like a T2 price. What am I missing here? I suspect that the modpack is showing me something that's no longer for sale or something.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

counterfeitsaint posted:

I suspect that the modpack is showing me something that's no longer for sale or something.

Pretty much this. It's all placeholders and disconnected buttons. If you try it without the mod pack you'll see which ships are actually available for in game gold purchase, those are the real values and still connected buttons.

Also the weekend event sounds wrong, "Cruising for Santa"

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Dec 5, 2015

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

NTRabbit posted:

Pretty much this. It's all placeholders and disconnected buttons. If you try it without the mod pack you'll see which ships are actually available for in game gold purchase, those are the real values and still connected buttons.

"Scanning the Sector/Seas for Santa" would've been so much better.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

Nope. I'm cruising for Santa. Gonna get his jollies off and make the naughty list.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Tirranek posted:

Soooo, either it's a bug or I somehow got 2 citadel hits with one AP around. I hit a Zuho from about 17km out and it just disintegrated.

Did only one shell hit or did you get just one normal shell hit ribbon? The latter is perfectly normal, what with citadel hits not giving you a normal ribbon. Two citadel and one normal ribbon means you hit with three shells.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
I don't understand how the MM can sometimes come up with two teams that are so hilariously unbalanced:

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Magni posted:

Did only one shell hit or did you get just one normal shell hit ribbon? The latter is perfectly normal, what with citadel hits not giving you a normal ribbon. Two citadel and one normal ribbon means you hit with three shells.

Ahh that must have been it! Didn't realise they counted seperately. Was definitely a lucky shot at that range since I was only firing the front turrets. Probably assumed 3 out of 4 hits was too unlikely.